Une Nuit à Bali - Murmure des Dieux 2016

Version from 2016
Une Nuit à Bali - Murmure des Dieux (2016) by Une Nuit Nomade
Une Nuit à Bali - Murmure des Dieux (2016) is a perfume by Une Nuit Nomade for women and men and was released in 2016. The scent is spicy-creamy. The production was apparently discontinued. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesRice, Sesame, Fennel, Cardamom
Heart Notes Heart NotesFrangipani, Magnolia, Jasmine sambac, Tonka bean
Base Notes Base NotesWhite musk, Ambergris, Vanilla, Fenugreek absolute

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 10.10.2020.

Lenii
New composition - new fragrance!
...in search of something powdery, a nice perfuma recently recommended this fragrance to me. I liked it right away. Floral, powdery, warm and elegant.
After a little research on other assessments, I was completely confused... Curry? Carrot? Indian? Did I memorize the wrong scent?

I tested the fragrance again today and liked it again! So where's the asian food in that bottle gone? The solution ...Une Nuit Nomade has created a new scent under the same name:

Top note: Bergamot - Ylang-Ylang
Heart note: Hedione - Frangipani Absolue - Elemi resin
Base note: Tears of Benjoin - vanilla - musk - Cistus Labdanum

I did not identify the tears, but I can recommend everyone who has tested the fragrance before to try it again :) Maybe you are as enthusiastic as I am!
A successful reformulation? South Sea feeling included
I've been familiar with that scent for quite some time. Years ago I had a sample of it when the brand was still called Une Nuit de Bali, and I had tested the fragrance extensively at the time and concluded that despite its originality I didn't need it. At that time, the smell still smelled very much of edible things: namely, a hearty, strong smell of a real spicy Indian curry with rice and also sweet. The S&H were bombastic. Scent for me was almost unbearable.

A lot of time has passed since then and now, shortly before Christmas, I get again 2 specimens of it in 2 different shops. At first I thought, "My goodness. I know him already and I don't like him. I'd prefer something else to try." But then I carefully tested the fragrance again at home. And she-he comes across very differently now that the brand is called Une Nuit Nomade. (Unbelievably, I compared the two fresh specimens with old leftovers and looked at posts on the foreign perfume lovers' site, and my suspicions seem to be justified. There are also other people out there who have noticed this change, sometimes with benevolence, sometimes with dissatisfaction about the loss of the perfume's originality :

The fragrance is now a real South Sea dream: sweet it has remained, but the sweetness comes from the tropical flowers and pollen, from frangipani and jasmine. A hint of rice still hovers in the air, but now it is a sweet jasmine rice cooked in coconut milk. And salt! A salty hint of the ocean that lends a pinch of intimate depth to the whole fragrance that is a skin scent. Towards the base, the fragrance becomes powdery and remains largely sweet.

The durability has deteriorated. The fragrance lasts for about 5 hours on the skin, after that the scent is a touch of sweetness. The Sillage has become considerably worse compared to the old version, but in return the fragrance is now completely suitable for office use as a skin scent with a minimal amount of Sillage. And more Sillage could probably get on your nerves quickly with the smell.

Feminine is a big word there, I think. But I can be wrong
Conclusion: I like the new version better than the old one. It has a relaxed South Sea holiday feeling instead of an Indian restaurant flair. Only the durability is unfortunately, in my opinion, a shame for this price
Mamas Minestrone
When I looked at the bottle with the elephant god, sitting in the middle of exotic flowers, next to a scent lamp, I had to spray immediately, because I expected an esoteric, spiritual scent, which one could wear well in yoga.

I tuned into the ethereal and sprayed with devotion.
A little prudence can never hurt.

But I remembered Mamas loved, but less loved Minestrone, which she loved to serve.

I am and have never been a good eater - and the sight of floating fennel and celery pieces on my plate did not just fuel my appetite.
The aroma of lovage, cardamom and curry bit into the nose, and also gave the whole Creation a strange color.
Also the assertions of my ma that she had cooked everything "with love" made me feel guilty - but did not promote my appetite.

I spent hours brooding over the brew - full of teachings about healthy vitamins and the heartfelt wish of my ma - I should become "big and strong".
But I wanted to stay small and weak - instead of having this last meal.

This unhappy soup ceremony awakens Murmure in me - and I spontaneously treat myself to a coup nougat ice cream with an impressive cream topping.

By the way, I have actually remained small and weak - but a household bottle of Murmure won't change that.

Popular Une Nuit Nomade

Jardins de Misfah by Une Nuit Nomade Une Nuit à Bali - Suma Oriental by Une Nuit Nomade Une Nuit à Montauk - Memory Motel by Une Nuit Nomade Ambre Khandjar by Une Nuit Nomade Une Nuit à Montauk - Bohemian Soul by Une Nuit Nomade Une Nuit à Bali - Fleur des Fleurs / Une Nuit à Bali by Une Nuit Nomade Une Nuit à Bali - Mr. Vetiver by Une Nuit Nomade Une Nuit à Montauk - Rose America by Une Nuit Nomade Une Nuit à Montauk - Nothing but Sea and Sky by Une Nuit Nomade Une Nuit à Bali - Murmure des Dieux (2018) by Une Nuit Nomade