Singular Oud (2014)

Singular Oud by Urban Scents

Singular Oud is a popular perfume by Urban Scents for women and men and was released in 2014. The scent is woody-spicy. It is still in production.

Marie Le Febvre

Saffron, Frankincense, Patchouli, Green fig, Laotian oud

Submitted by Milva, last update on 09.10.2019

8.0 6.0 7.0 7.0/10

DonJuanDeCat
Oud, singular,... uh? Singular of Oud??
I'm testing Urban Scents Singular Oud today. A peculiar name, since the term "singular" is associated with the number "singular". And those who sometimes find Oud to be too violent will be glad that the fragrance is not called Plural Oud! D

Aaaaaber:
One should possibly know that singular not only stands for the "singular", but can also be used as adjective, and can then take on meanings like "unique" or "unique" to emphasize the peculiarity of an object! I must admit that I had to look this up, since otherwise I knew only the term "unique" for the terms "unique" or "uniquely" in English. It could also be that I just played too often games like Diablo and so, where unique objects are simply called Uniques there, and it just got stuck with me like that :DD

Be that as it may, now we know that this fragrance means as much as "Unique Oud" (yes, sometimes you can learn many things here, too, can't you? :D), and let's see if that's why it smells so great.

The fragrance:
I smell oud at the beginning, that was almost clear. In addition there is a surprisingly green and fine fig note, where I thought that this scent was not to be smelled, but no, the green notes can even be smelled very well at the beginning. Beside these two scents a nice sweet scent emerges, where I don't know where it comes from yet. It has something of a mix of jasmine and violet.
Only a few minutes later the incense also appears and dips all the scents into a nice, resinous cloud. Could it be that incense can also smell quite sweet? That would explain the nice sweet scent from earlier...
A little later the fragrance becomes more herbaceous and spicy as you can smell the saffron quite well. The figs have unfortunately faded away and the fragrance loses its fresh green notes. Now it smells more herbaceous resinous with woody notes in the background.
Then there is Patchouli, which is unmistakable with its earthy scent.
Towards the base, the fragrance becomes a little more inconspicuous as it loses a little of its power as the fragrances all radiate less. Above all the Oud is not as strong as you might have expected.

The Sillage and the shelf life:
Oud scents are usually quite strong. This scent starts relatively intense and remains quite strong for a few minutes, but then it quickly and clearly fades away. The fragrance is mostly above average, but for an oud fragrance I would still call it weak.
Also the durability I felt with approx. six to eight hours rather little and/or moderately for such a kind of smell.

The bottle:
The bottle is rectangular, has bevelled edges and is dark blue. On the front you can see a propeller, which shows the logo of the label and of course the name of the fragrance. The lid is chrome-plated and looks slightly trapezoidal from the side. A simple but nice bottle.

Soo, singular oud is less unique to me. The scent smells quite nice, but especially to the base I find it unfortunately a bit too inconspicuous, almost boring and therefore not unique. Because the oud is weak, just like the other scents. Nothing seems to really stand out in the end. Therefore there are much better fragrances at this price.

It can actually be used as an all-rounder, which means it can be used in all seasons. Because he is weak in the end, I would recommend him more during the day and for leisure than for going out.
But as I said, I think the fragrance is just la la, it is not one of the best Urban Scents fragrances and therefore not really worth testing. It wouldn't help if the scent was called Plural Oud! And I'm talking total nonsense again, because I can't think of anything more and I just don't want to finish, he he, but don't worry, I'm still coming to the end. And end! :D
9.0 6.0 6.0 9.0/10

A truly peculiar wood!
What's clear is I like singular oud. He again bears the signature of his creator: Unexpected, unusual and special, but perfectly balanced, unagitated and sovereign. Vitality and noblesse. Lacy and resting in peace.

To describe the fragrance with words, to get an idea of it beforehand, to locate it on the sensual, mental and spiritual map, that is the much more difficult task for me. There is little analytic (individual scents, clear adjectives) or pictorial (metaphors, memories) that is urgently pushed into my pen.

That's a dark scent, sometimes a very dark one. There is the darkness of dark wood and the darkness of a dense, vast, immeasurable forest: mostly a boreal coniferous forest, but sometimes also a jungle. But this fragrance is just as unthreatening as it would be to cosy and homey.

That's an enormous, almost excessive woody scent! Sometimes smooth polished wood with a very fine polish, sometimes lively creaky wood from the trunk, from which fresh, sticky resin still emerges. But there's nothing stinging about it, there's nothing excessively hard about it, which normally pushes me back at very woody scents.

It's a very, very fresh fragrance, but what freshness is it, how can I put this? Now she reminds of mint, soon of fir oil, then of ambergris, and finally of fresh, ozone-rich cool air after the rain.

Is Singular Oud a fruity fragrance? Once you want to say (I would definitely not have felt the fig without help, but there is certainly something fruity) "what else?", and then you find this label completely absurd. And can the scent be called "sweet"? Most of the time I would say: "by no means!", but sometimes you can feel a gentle sweetness flowing out of him, of which you think she is the real core and magic of this fragrance, how can you deny the?

I feel saffron very, very clearly (which I like), but still I don't feel the note to be overdosed. It seems rather as if it must be absolutely compelling - and exactly in this strength - exactly there. Does the singular oud somehow make a gourmand? Not at all. I didn't feel incense at all during the first test, it's there at the third one, reserved but clear.

Does this fragrance have a strong development, or is it linear? To the eagle with it, I don't know myself! Maybe he can do magic too, that scent. Sometimes the clouds that rise from the neck smell quite different from those from the wrist. There is something humorous and mystical about him, as if Gandalf had brought him to the Shire for pleasure. I translate the "singular" from the name with "peculiar, strange", because that can also mean "singular".

Attempt at a conclusion: A wood scent. A fresh, rich, strong, deep dark, luminous, very vegetable, seriously sweet and calmly spicy wood scent, which is powerful and well visible and yet refuses any labelling. And again, as in the beginning: a good, strong and beautiful, a moderate, a human scent.

P.S. 1: At the first two tests "Singular Oud" seemed to me to be hardly durable. At the third attempt I can report a persistence of quite six hours (very close at any rate).

P.S. 2: By the way, my first thought at the first test was: Leather. That's not true. There's no one on it, and I don't think there is. The woody-vegetable dark spice is not far away from a leather aroma. But perhaps the association with me also came from the fact that "Singular Oud" intuitively reminded me of "Tuscan Leather". The two are certainly not twins, but a certain kinship already exists. Both fragrances contain woods, incense and saffron; the fruit aroma is introduced in TL by the raspberry, in "Singular Oud" by the green fig, which reminds other commentators here of raspberry! I was almost tempted to write pointedly: Just as "Vild" is a TL without wood, "Singular Oud" is one without leather (although both are better than TL, which I'm not a fan of). But with this aggravation I would have done Singular Oud wrong, it is much too independent for that, according to the notes used (patchouli, musk), but also according to the overall character.

Hermesh 4 years ago
Woods and patchouli give a fruity and rich impression. Incense captures the fruity sweetness well. Oud note is, however, weak.+1
5.0

by Hexana
by Hexana
by Ergreifend
by Ergreifend

Popular Urban Scents

Singular Oud by Urban Scents Sensual Blend by Urban Scents Lost Paradise by Urban Scents Gunpowder Cologne by Urban Scents Desert Rose by Urban Scents Dark Vanilla by Urban Scents Vetiver Réunion by Urban Scents Vintage Spirit - Bliss Me by Urban Scents Vintage Spirit - Eden Splash by Urban Scents Vintage Spirit - Wonderland by Urban Scents Vintage Spirit - Fatal/e by Urban Scents Día De Los Muertos by Urban Scents Vintage Spirit - In Between by Urban Scents We Exist To Connect by Urban Scents Au Nom de la Terre - Michel Granger by Urban Scents Vulcano - Pauline Bazignan by Urban Scents BER CAVOK by Urban Scents