Vintage Spirit - Wonderland (2018)

Vintage Spirit - Wonderland by Urban Scents

Vintage Spirit - Wonderland is a new and limited perfume by Urban Scents for women and men and was released in 2018. The scent is leathery-floral. It is still in production. Limited Edition

Marie Le Febvre

Floral notes, Benzoin, Vanilla, Sandalwood, Suede

Submitted by Söze, last update on 17.04.2019

7.0 9.0 8.0 7.0/10

Good Oldschool Scent
After I was very enthusiastic about my first Urban Scents rehearsal package, I now also had to do the Vintage series. The fragrance reminds me very much of an oldschool fragrance, which it is supposed to be, but which was interpreted in a modern way. I find the discreet leather note here very pleasant, but overall the fragrance is too heavy for me (very sweet)
9.0 7.0 7.0/10

Animal. Good?
As I already told you in my comments on "Eden Splash" and "Fatal(e)" by Urban Scents, in March 2018 the likeable Paris-Berlin fragrance house of perfumer Marie Le Fèbvre launched five limited, upmarket fragrances under the overall title "Vintage Spirit - An olfactive journey through time", each corresponding to an illustration by French artist Francois Cadière.

I recently had the opportunity to test the third and fourth of these fragrances. While I intend to dedicate a somewhat more detailed comment to one of them, "In Between", this one, "Wonderland", should have a short preliminary or "icebreaker" comment. I was not able to test the fragrance in detail and concentrated enough to dare a detailed description and to make a well-founded judgement.

The fragrance description given by the manufacturer reads (my translation from English): "Through oriental leathery, ambry and animal notes, contrasted and contoured by forbidden juicy floral notes, plunge into a sensuality with retro fragrance. Created from an overdose of benzoin, vanilla, sandalwood and 'suede' chord". As always, Cadière's sparsely coloured and somewhat psychedelic drawing shows us, looking at us frontally, a young lady in an evac costume in the midst of larger-than-life fern and leafy flora, behind which two more somewhat threatening pairs of eyes (we see one and a half of them) are pointing at us: That of an African-looking giant mask and that of an ominous green hybrid being almost completely concealed by the beauties behind her, might be a plant woman or a grasshopper man.

Wonderland" is once again a refreshingly special fragrance from the house of "Urban Scents". I think it's more suitable for men than for women, has a rather coarse presence for the first few hours and remains noticeably noticeable for quite some time afterwards. For me, the foreground is clearly wet-satt-animalic, the border to the stinky occasionally not only grazing, but transgressing notes. This makes the whole thing - prima vista at least - too violent and unpleasant for my personal taste. But that shouldn't stop anyone from testing: Wonderland is certainly not an impossible fragrance: others will certainly like it, and perhaps it would have pleased me too if I had had more patience with it and a larger sample of it.

Popular Urban Scents

Singular Oud by Urban Scents Sensual Blend by Urban Scents Lost Paradise by Urban Scents Gunpowder Cologne by Urban Scents Desert Rose by Urban Scents Vetiver Réunion by Urban Scents Dark Vanilla by Urban Scents Vintage Spirit - Bliss Me by Urban Scents Vintage Spirit - Eden Splash by Urban Scents Vintage Spirit - Wonderland by Urban Scents Vintage Spirit - Fatal/e by Urban Scents Día De Los Muertos by Urban Scents Vintage Spirit - In Between by Urban Scents We Exist To Connect by Urban Scents Au Nom de la Terre - Michel Granger by Urban Scents Vulcano - Pauline Bazignan by Urban Scents BER CAVOK by Urban Scents