Cicuta 2016

Cicuta by V Canto
Cicuta is a perfume by V Canto for women and men and was released in 2016. The scent is floral-fruity. It is being marketed by Cereria Terenzi Evelino.

Paolo Terenzi

Top Notes Top NotesOrange, Clementine, Bergamot
Heart Notes Heart NotesCoriander, Bulgarian rose, Rose
Base Notes Base NotesVanilla, Vanilla blossom, Borage, Amber, Birch, Musk

Submitted by Franfan20, last update on 29.08.2020.

5.5
Gourmand vanilla biscuit fragrance
I don't like gourmand scents and I have my difficulties with vanilla. I only like them when they round off the base of scents in a certain, very well integrated way and give them softness and depth. I have decided not to write comments on fragrances whose main components I don't have access to, because I just don't think it's fair
Therefore, I would never write a comment on an oud scent. I very often read with a slight uneasiness comments on fragrances with neroli or orange blossom in which one complains about the so pungent note and the association with 4711. But this only in brackets.

Why do I still write about Cicuta? Because I imagined it to be completely different because of the fragrance pyramid and ordered it blind in joyful anticipation as a sharing bottling. Thanks again to the organizer!

Cicuta is certainly an absolutely high-quality fragrance, but it does not develop on my skin at all complex or multi-layered and only undergoes a minimal development.
The hoped-for citric opening is unfortunately completely skipped with me and also the spicy, herbal notes of coriander and borage, to which I was so excited, I cannot discover. A slight rosiness leads me directly to the gourmand, vanilla is accompanied by a slightly bitter note of caramel, which makes me think of a vanilla cookie that has turned a little too dark. In addition there is a slightly dusty and dry paper smell (which I notice similarly in the base of "Mirabilis", which I like much better).
That's it, that's it. An elegant cuddler - yes. But my expectation/hoping was different. Not bad, that's the way it can be, that's what makes perfumery life so exciting.

by LadyLuxifer
by LadyLuxifer

Popular V Canto

Magnificat by V Canto Lucrethia by V Canto Kashimire by V Canto Mea Culpa by V Canto Mirabile by V Canto Ensis by V Canto Stricnina by V Canto Ricina by V Canto Alibi by V Canto Cor Gentile by V Canto Cianuro by V Canto Irae by V Canto Stramonio by V Canto Mandragola by V Canto Arsenico by V Canto Amans by V Canto Mastin by V Canto