Stricnina 2017

Stricnina by V Canto
Stricnina is a popular perfume by V Canto for women and men and was released in 2017. The scent is fruity-sweet. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by Cereria Terenzi Evelino.

Paolo Terenzi

Top Notes Top NotesPassion fruitPassion fruit LemonLemon BlackcurrantBlackcurrant BergamotBergamot
Heart Notes Heart NotesMagnolia absolute Ylang-ylangYlang-ylang Fig leafFig leaf PeachPeach Ceylon cinnamonCeylon cinnamon RaspberryRaspberry
Base Notes Base NotesVanillaVanilla Brown sugarBrown sugar SandalwoodSandalwood PatchouliPatchouli MuskMusk AmberAmber

Submitted by multiple users, last update on 10.05.2022.

Budget Version
My review is going to be really short. It is the most affordable version of Erba Pura from Xerjoff, and one step lower than Kirke. And it should be a reason For that. For me there are less notes in it, kind of "flatter " fragrance, mostly raspberries, and tat is basically it. Not mature or sophisticated enough. Still very strong, still long- lasting, but not a niche fragrance any more.
Chronologically, quality and price-wise it is going exactly the same down-the-hill direction : first Erba Pura, then Kirke, then Stricnina.
Can imagine younger people wearing it. I'd rather stick to my Erba to feel really chosen.
An imaginary garden in Sri Lanka
Strychnine, what a name. You're afraid to spray a nerve poison on your skin. Is that why the bottling has been unnoticed by me for so long? Well, also the Poisons are popular and despite the name harmless - presumably. First we looked into the pyramid: Strychnine is not supposed to be in it. But you never know. Curiosity wins: I spray carefully on my wrist.

At first, I smell something strangely fruity. Huh, should that be a lab fruit boredom in a niche outfit? No, the unpleasant acidity is missing for the laboratory general fruit. Now the fruit suddenly becomes sweet. Disappointment. But a sweet-aqueous chewy candy with orange and currant and a hint of vanilla from the drugstore shelf.

I'm already on my way to the bathroom to wash it off, and something changes. Something is changing for the better. Now it gets interesting.
Something soft and flowery appears behind the fruit.
What's that? What's that? Now I'm fascinated. I can't tell which flower it is, which in a very harmonizing way combines with the chewy candy to a beguiling melange.
Of course, I look into the pyramid to identify the flower. YlangYlang? That surprises me. I can't smell it. I suspect the magnolia absolute is the great benefactor here.

There is nothing left of the synthetic feeling in the top note and Stricnina now seems very natural for many hours and only becomes more beautiful: the components combine better and the chewy candy association gives way to a feeling of being in a garden of Eden of perfect and happy harmony.

In this garden there is everything a smile can conjure up on my face: a light, warm summer breeze, balance, fresh citrus fruits, berries on bushes, beautiful flowers, a wealth of life and joie de vivre. Also spice plants and a very discreet YlangYlang can now be guessed. Yes, in fact, it is more like a garden in the Asian tropics or subtropics, perhaps in Sri Lanka. Something Herbes starts to give the scent a little edge. It seems to me to be cinnamon together with a minimal resinous component. I also mean to notice a touch of anise.
Nevertheless, the cheerful, lush harmony remains untouched.

In the further process the citric parts disappear bit by bit, but a little more cinnamon comes through, a slight sharpness, and the overall impression becomes a little warmer, more discreet and slightly powdery.

Even though I have never been to Sri Lanka before, I imagine a paradisiacally beautiful garden there: The pleasure of the rich world of fragrant plants, a feast for the eyes in perfect balance.

by Nefretem
by Nefretem

Popular by V Canto

Stramonio by V Canto Kashimire by V Canto Lucrethia by V Canto Mirabile by V Canto Magnificat by V Canto Mea Culpa by V Canto Ensis by V Canto Ricina by V Canto Alibi by V Canto Cianuro by V Canto Cor Gentile by V Canto Cicuta by V Canto Mandragola by V Canto Irae by V Canto Psiche by V Canto Amans by V Canto Fili by V Canto Pandolfo by V Canto Arsenico by V Canto Malatesta by V Canto