V by Valentino
V (Valentino)

V is a perfume by Valentino for women and was released in 2005. The scent is floral-fruity. It was last marketed by Procter & Gamble.

Top Notes Top NotesPear, Grapefruit, Cassia, Orange, Rice
Heart Notes Heart NotesFrangipani, Orange, Rose
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Oakmoss, Heliotrope, Musk, Sandalwood, Vanilla, Cedar

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 25.07.2016

Sillage 5.0/10 Longevity 7.5/10 Scent 7.0/10
Creamy, Resinous Comfort
I have very limited (and not entirely felicitous...) experience with the house of Valentino, but I recently watched "Valentino: The Last Emperor" (2009), so it seemed like the perfect time to try out V. Although the film is a documentary, it reminded me a lot of the work of Federico Fellini, depicting a rather absurd and delusional world which toes the fine line between beauty and kitsch. So what could I expect from V? I wondered.

Upon seeing that Alberto Morillas was the creator of this perfume, I braced myself. Not that I think that he is a bad perfumer--I do not. However, he often uses an ingredient (no doubt aromachemical) which totally conflicts with my physiology, thus turning otherwise decent compositions into scrubbers on my skin. In fact, happily, my worries were for naught, in this case, perhaps in part because the perfume was produced under the helm of Proctor & Gamble, a company which (given the extent of its portfolio) probably does massive testing on animals before releasing any new launch. Bad news for laboratory animals; good news for people like me sensitive to certain chemicals.

V is beautiful! Creamy, resinous, sweet but not cloyingly so. This ranks among the top comfort scents I've sniffed. I love rice in perfume (cf. FERRE edp), and here it is definitely detectable, along with heliotrope and vanilla. A delightful creation, all in all. Simple, yes, but inviting all the same.
Sillage 5.0/10 Longevity 5.0/10 Scent 7.0/10
Creamier version of Deep Red
This fragrance is quite charmingly delightful.

It's such an enticing, creamy and elegant fragrance. V is indeed rather similar to Deep Red, however while Deep Red is very provocative, V is more subdued, sophisticated and refined almost.

I find the mandarin, grapefruit and orange notes to be the most dominant, yet the cassia, rose, frangipani and vanilla gives this scent an almost refreshing quality which is both soft and feminine.

The overall fragrance is nicely balanced and inoffensive. It would make a lovely alternative for those who find Deep Red a little too young or too popular. I recommend.

• by Ginger by Ginger
  • by JulieFä91 by JulieFä91
  • by Süchtig by Süchtig
  • by Silverrain by Silverrain
  • by Sonjoschka by Sonjoschka

Popular Valentino

Valentino Uomo (Eau de Toilette) by Valentino Valentino Uomo Intense by Valentino Valentina by Valentino Valentino Donna (Eau de Parfum) by Valentino V pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Valentino Valentina Assoluto by Valentino Rock 'n Rose (Eau de Parfum) by Valentino Very Valentino (Eau de Parfum) by Valentino Vendetta (Eau de Toilette) by Valentino Valentino Uomo Acqua by Valentino Valentina Acqua Floreale by Valentino V by Valentino Valentino (Eau de Toilette) by Valentino Vendetta pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Valentino Rock 'n Rose Couture by Valentino Valentino Donna Acqua by Valentino Very Valentino for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Valentino Valentino Uomo Noir Absolu by Valentino Valentina Oud Assoluto by Valentino Valentina Pink by Valentino