Valentina (2011)

Valentina by Valentino

Valentina is a perfume by Valentino for women and was released in 2011. The scent is floral-sweet. It was last marketed by Puig.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, White Alba truffle
Heart Notes Heart NotesStrawberry, Jasmine, Orange blossom, Tuberose
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Vanilla, Cedarwood

Submitted by Lilau, last update on 21.10.2019

10.0 8.0 8.0 9.0/10

Just beautiful...
Valentina, the name is already beautiful ... and I feel just as beautiful this enchanting scent.

I perceive it as the fragrance of a romantic, lovable, tender and dreamy woman who doesn't want to be the center of attention all the time and defines herself through admiration of others.
A woman who likes to dress feminine and who treats her child(s) lovingly and respectfully with all other fellow human beings. The favorite pudding cooks and sometimes not perfectly styled to the baker goes.

It's flowery, sweet and doesn't go through much of a change of scent.
It is well balanced from the beginning and very flattering.
A warm, cuddly, security-mediating fragrance.
Vanilla makes it cuddly. I can't sniff strawberry.
Albat truffle - how does it smell, ... i don't know.

When I wear it, it tempts me to constantly sniff at my wrist, somehow keep my hair in motion so that I can catch the scent and also to constantly stroll to my perfume cupboard to marvel at this enchanting bottle again.

5.0 5.0 6.0/10

'La Dolce Vita'
While certainly not groundbreaking Valentina by Valentino is a really lovely, creamy white floral. I'm always attracted to fragrances with Tuberose in them and this one is not disappointing.

With Alberto Morillas and Olivier Cresp at the helm, one wonders why this fragrance isn't phenomenal, whilst being extremely lovely.
The truffle in the top feeding off the Vanilla in the base presents the nose with a 'gelato' feel for just a little while (quite pleasant if you like ice-cream) but quickly moves on to the white florals, the Jasmine and Orange Blossom a little over run by the Tuberose, which one would expect. This is definitely one for lovers of that intense flower, but does remind of a few recent releases featuring this note ... Madonna's Truth or Dare being one.
Sillage and longevity are average, but then my skin is never one to really judge by :). I see that an 'assoluto' version has also been released and credited solely to Cresp. I haven't tried it but have the sneaky suspicion that it would probably be more up my street, with the addition of Patchouli.

This is a lovely place to start when approaching the world of modern Tuberose scents ... I'm very pleased that I had the opportunity of trying it.
10.0 7.5 10.0 9.0/10

Younger sister of Miss Dior Cherie
At first I was attracted to the bottle. So romantic and beautiful, it's one of the most beautiful bottles I ever saw.
Perfume is excellent. I expected something mediocre, but I was wrong.
Valentina is sweet, long lasting and it has great sillage.
Romantic and feminine.
I don't see it as a flowery-oriental, but flowery-fruity scent.
When I wear it I get a lot of compliments :)

Trucklady 165 days ago
Coutureguru is right -why isn't this fantastic?? Just seems to fly below any worthwhile radar, sadly.
6.0

by Bouzeos
by Iris983
by Iris983

Popular Valentino

Valentino Uomo Intense by Valentino Valentino Uomo (Eau de Toilette) by Valentino Valentina by Valentino Valentino Donna (Eau de Parfum) by Valentino V pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Valentino Valentino Uomo Acqua by Valentino Rock 'n Rose (Eau de Parfum) by Valentino Valentina Assoluto by Valentino Very Valentino (Eau de Parfum) by Valentino Vendetta (Eau de Toilette) by Valentino Valentino Uomo Noir Absolu by Valentino Valentina Acqua Floreale by Valentino Valentino Donna Acqua by Valentino V (Eau de Parfum) by Valentino Vendetta pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Valentino Valentino (Eau de Toilette) by Valentino Valentino Donna Rosa Verde by Valentino Rock 'n Rose Couture by Valentino Valentina Oud Assoluto by Valentino Very Valentino for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Valentino