Valentino Donna Born In Roma 2019 Eau de Parfum

Valentino Donna Born In Roma (Eau de Parfum) by Valentino
Valentino Donna Born In Roma (Eau de Parfum) is a perfume by Valentino for women and was released in 2019. The scent is sweet-fruity. It is being marketed by L'Oréal.

Top Notes Top NotesBlackcurrantBlackcurrant BergamotBergamot
Heart Notes Heart NotesJasminum grandiflorum absoluteJasminum grandiflorum absolute Jasmine sambac absoluteJasmine sambac absolute Jasmine teaJasmine tea
Base Notes Base NotesBourbon vanillaBourbon vanilla CashmeranCashmeran Gaiac woodGaiac wood

Submitted by Franfan20, last update on 06.05.2022.

The face of the advertising campaign is South Sudan-Australian model Adut Akech.

Luckymommy
Woody, sweet, fruity and vanilla.
In the opening the soft spicy top notes comes trough and stays for some time, but it gets softer and the jasmine shines. In the dry down and becomes more woody with vanilla and fruit.
It’s lovely sweet and delicious smelling, not gourmand but still sooooo delicious.
And the bottle is just
It has great lasting power and the sillage is really good. It reminds me a bit of Si Passione but much stronger.
I really REALLY love it.
Vanilla to bite into
A wonderful vanilla fragrance that also conveys something of currant and bergamot. The fragrance smells sweet and is similar to the classic "women's fragrances". Nevertheless, I found the fragrance so good that he was also allowed to join my collection. Very seductive, sweet and vanilla. You can wear it anywhere and in any season. It stands out and pleases just about everyone. Even I can smell it on me after hours and if you spray it in your hair or on your clothes it lasts even longer. If the scent were a person, it would be a young sexy woman who likes to meet up with her girlfriends to visit a beach bar and also likes to wear the scent to go shopping. She likes to wear tight clothes, but also airy things, like a dress.
Vanilla to bite
Idafrieda
My favorite fragrance for the winter
The fragrance I had shortly after he got out is. I had gone to a perfumery without any big ideas. I wanted a fragrance for fall and winter, but not a gourmand. And that's exactly what it is for me. I love the currant in the top note, the slightly floral and how it gets a bit creamy at the end. Definitely an everyday scent for me, but would be too intense for summer. I have already received some compliments for this fragrance and find the silage good. One smells me not meterweit but if I am talking to someone others take a Pleasant floral smell was. The durability is okay. On the skin it is with me after about 4 hours no longer to be perceived but on my clothes he keeps the whole day.

For me, overall, a really great fragrance that has become an everyday companion
How does that work?
This fragrance found its way to me in the form of a sample and I thought: wow, what a beautiful fragrance. While I was already looking online for prices for this water, the scent changed, but above all it weakened very quickly. What remained was unfortunately only a very synthetic smell, really almost like plastic. This had nothing more to do with the beautiful flowery fruity lightness of the beginning and I had to say goodbye to the purchase. I really do not want to smell like plastic..... Actually, it's a pity, the flacon is also beautiful, it could have been something with and for both, but it wasn't meant to be.
cute snuggler
Actually, I had rushed to the perfumery to try Voce Viva - on the one hand because I like Valentino's, on the other hand because Voce Viva is advertised on TV.

I thought Voce Viva was good - but my eyes went up one floor - to Born in Roma.

Strange - this scent does not flicker constantly across the screen.
Why?
Only the marketing department probably knows this - because if I had to choose, I would go for Born in Roma.

I like the tart and fruity currant prelude, which combines harmoniously with the light jasmine.
With a cup of aromatic jasmine tea It warms my heart.
The sweet vanilla nestles up against the cashmeran - and a cuddly mood emerges.
The woody notes herald autumn with its warm colours.

You don't have to be born in Rome to feel this autumnal mood in its golden light.

How beautiful it must be now to chug through Villa Borghese with the Bimmelbahn?

I don't want to belittle Voce Viva - but for me Born in Roma holds more emotions
Relief
I am relieved. Relieved that this fragrance is not a reformulation of the "Donna" worn by me not so long ago, as I initially feared.

"Donna" I liked namely extremely well; after a long time once again a rose fragrance that I have worn very gladly. Recently, I got through a swap an original sample of "Born In Roma", but it said on the booklet: Donna and New. "Donna New" I have not found here and so I immediately thought of a reformulation.

So this morning I sprayed the sample on myself and.... "Oh no! What have they made of Donna???" i hoped as it progressed some of that lovely old "Donna" would still show up, ... but no, alas, nothing. Now I searched the internet again, but to a "Donna New" nothing. So I sprayed some of my ".Donna" sample on the other arm. - should I have made such a mistake? No, there was the beautiful rose scent again.

Last but not least, I inspected the sprayer again thoroughly, held it in the light to be able to recognize even the smallest printed letter ... and there it was: "Born In Roma". Oh, is there such a thing? - There is! I was/am delighted and relieved, because "Donna" is a candidate for purchase.

Oh, and now you want to know what BIR smells like on me? "Born In Roma" is a daughter of "Donna" running around Rome with a young-girl scent: fruity-floral-sweet, rather light with little to medium sillage and staying power. Bonchel water and bubble gum ball were my first , no second thoughts about this scent
Machica
You can do it but you don't have to
In the prelude he has a certain effervescence that quickly faded away. Afterwards I take the scent for the time being only slightly soapy and powdery, sweetish... The fruity one completely escapes my nose. Something pungent, sweetish. When it's been on longer, I just smell vanilla. Somehow I find that scent "clean" is safe to wear around the office. I think I'd like it on others more than on myself. It is not bad but not outstanding. So you can do it, but you don't have to. Anyway, it is more the synthetic department ;)
What remains
If one had been born in Rome in ancient times, there would have been a so-called Unguenta for physical scenting. One such was a kind of cream consisting of a liquid base and a fragrant essence. According to Pliny the Elder, the most common and oldest Unguenta consisted of calamus, myrtle, mastic, cypress and pomegranate. Therefore I would like to think that the smell can be described quite balsamic, easily tart and with säuerlicher fruitiness.
How times have now changed is well illustrated by Born in Roma.
The attack is fruity and gently acidulous with the black currant. Add a tangy bergamot paired with a pinch of pink pepper for a light spice. The more warmth the fragrance receives in this phase, the more noticeable is the creamy soft Bourbon vanilla of the base.
In the course of time, however, it becomes quite strenuous. The conglomerate of different jasmine notes is demandingly floral and sweet; an almost decadent jasmine heaviness, if you can describe it that way. In combination with Cashmeran, the Jasmine-Sambac-Absolue develops a pungent note - an exaggeration that does not benefit the composition. At this stage, the opening notes have almost completely disappeared and a disappointing face of arbitrariness may emerge. Instead of cashmere, sandalwood or amber would have been more interesting. But with a little staying power you can reach a conciliatory point.
When the heart debacle is gently breathed out and the sweet smoky guaiac wood becomes more present, Born in Roma gets a slightly masculine aura, which is by no means bitter, but pleasantly soft and dignified woody-spicy with sprinkles of bergamot and Bourbon vanilla. An actually good finish, I think.

The shelf life is extremely good. You can dress up with this perfume for almost a whole day; even after a long bath, you can hear the scent of speckles on your arm. Due to the described exhausting phases I would recommend a (!) spraying stroke, otherwise the Sillage is not to be underestimated.

The fragrance represents nothing new or even innovative. The way to the sweet-fruity or sweet-floral direction with the license change from Puig to L'Oréal was to be ignored.
What remains is an eternal city in the modern age. Old pavements next to over-engineered environment. Overloud and whisper-quiet. Emotionally cold and warm to the touch. The perfume imagines an exhausting era with tiny islands of relaxation. Postmodern panem et circenses in a bottle.
Chic Roman
Since I already liked Valentino Donna very much, I had to test the new release at least once. I liked him right in his summer playfulness. It is carefree and fruity, the fruity top note remains for a long time and does not lose any of its freshness, as it is accompanied by bergamot. However, I cannot identify the fragrance as cassis, it has a rather synthetic fruity effect; the cashmere might be to blame for this. Jasmine rounds the whole thing off mildly, but together with the vanilla and the guaiac wood it keeps rather in the background.
The pleasant modern summer scent of a lively young Italian woman. Only the durability leaves something to be desired, because within 1 1/2 hours it is hardly noticeable anymore.

LarwenLarwen 3 months ago
As someone who usually wears green, fresh, clean scents I find this to be an excellent evening fragrance. Sophisticated softness and warmth.
Jazzy76Jazzy76 3 years ago
Flowery-fruity, pleasant, light and feminine, but nothing special. An everyday scent in a refined multifaceted bottle.
Average sillage.

by Idafrieda
by Emmarosa
by Emmarosa

Popular by Valentino

Valentino Uomo Intense (2016) by Valentino Valentino Uomo Intense by Valentino Valentino Uomo (2014) (Eau de Toilette) by Valentino V pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Valentino Valentino Donna Rosa Verde by Valentino Valentino Uomo Noir Absolu by Valentino Valentino Donna Noir Absolu by Valentino Valentino (Eau de Toilette) by Valentino Valentino Donna (2015) (Eau de Parfum) by Valentino Vendetta pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Valentino Valentino Donna Acqua by Valentino Very Valentino (Eau de Toilette) by Valentino Valentina Assoluto by Valentino Valentino Noir Absolu Oud Essence by Valentino Valentina Oud Assoluto by Valentino Valentino Uomo Acqua by Valentino Valentina (2011) by Valentino Vendetta (Eau de Toilette) by Valentino Valentina Poudre by Valentino Vendetta (Parfum) by Valentino