Valentino Donna Rosa Verde (2018)

Valentino Donna Rosa Verde by Valentino

Valentino Donna Rosa Verde is a new perfume by Valentino for women and was released in 2018. The scent is fresh-green. It is being marketed by L'Oréal.

Sonia Constant

Green rose, Mate tea, Bergamot, Ginger, Magnolia

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 09.10.2019

8.0 5.0 6.0 9.0/10

Greatly helpful Review
It greenens so green when green roses bloom
Green roses don't really smell that fragrant. Not because it is only conditionally green and changes to red with age. They also look more like flowering peonies. Their scent is rather spicy. What develops on my skin with Donna Rosa Verde goes towards the English rose 'Graham Thomas' from my garden. A little lemony, a little violet. And the mate tea? At least it's not smoked. And actually it reminds me more of freshly cut geranium stems. There's a little bit of citrine in that, too. But not typically bergamot. It smells like three-leaved gold oranges blossoms in Passau in spring. Anyway. Smoky and spicy is neither the rose nor the tea. The bergamot bitter orange is also covered. Like the ginger. Thank god. With e.h. he is better off with a well-known TV chef anyway. And the magnolia? Flowers splendidly but briefly.
After all the oud I've had in the last few years, I felt like something fresher, lighter. And Valentino had never disappointed me before. Not this time either. Although I'd rather have the scent stick to me a little longer. Strangely enough, he does it on fabric. It's probably my skin. Well, I'll just spray it on a scarf with a narrow jet ... My sweetness finds him, after initial skepticism, meanwhile also so stimulating that I now have to fear for my water. Good that you can control the quantity and its shrinkage by the clearly drawn bottle ....
9.0 7.0 8.0 8.5/10

Now I want to know!
...about me and the roses! Since I had such mixed experiences with the white rose (White Rose by Floris) and the red rose (Rosa Moceniga by Merchant of Venice), this time I caper myself to the "green rose" by Valentino. Basic requirements are good for the sweetheart. I am looking for a fresh summer scent, not too flowery, can also be a little harsh, but by no means sharp shrill citrus without a floral base. Let's see what the green water has to offer me.
The first and most striking olfactory impression is bergamot - and - to anticipate it - this bergamot remains until the end. It is what I like best in fragrances: creamy and not bitter, dull or even pungent. The second thing that's pushing its way up my nose is tea. Mate tea, to be exact, it can get a hint of bitter here too. Rose in the rose fragrance sense remains completely hidden from my nose, instead something floral, unsweet, delicate. Magnolia? Hmmm. I don't know, I don't know. In any case, this mixture results in a pleasing overall composition. Fresh, slightly sourish and lemony, with a floral touch. A nice fragrance that I'm sure to leave on my gift list - I can think of some daughters of girlfriends who sometimes take a break from an overdose of Narcisco in red, black or pink, quite relieved. And believe me: Nobody could be more happy about such a gift to the daughter in her teenage years than the olfactory anaesthetised parents.....
7.0 3.0 4.0 8.5/10

Light, but not lightweight
In search of a green, but special and unusual fragrance I came across Valentino's green rose.

The bottle is Valentino-typically simple and elegant. It's a pity that it comes without a lid, but with a black plastic part that can be used to lock the spray button during transport. The spray jet is unfortunately rather punctual and no fine fog, which I find likewise a pity.

But now for the scent. Rosa Verde does not have a very strong tangy top note but starts with a rather restrained, slightly minty bergamot note. After about 15 minutes the matete note appears and the fragrance becomes slightly stronger. This note is what makes the fragrance special for me. Besides a spicy green freshness I notice an earthy light smoky note. I love this fragrance very much. If it were somewhat stronger and longer lasting, Rosa Verde would be conceivable for me as a signature scent, because it is very unusual and has a certain recognition value. Later, a light rosy freshness is added together with an appetising ginger note. I have no idea what green roses smell like. Here I feel more of a rosy leaf freshness than a flowery rose. All notes combine to a very harmonious and special whole. The fragrance does not undergo any further development and will slowly finish after 3-4 hours. I can't stand any to strengthen fragrances me great Sillage. But because I like it so much, I would have liked this one with a stronger charisma and longer durability. It's a light fragrance, but not a light one. I've been trying to fathom it for a few days, but it still gives me tasks to solve because I find it so pleasantly special and still can't fully describe it. Maybe it's because I'm not yet proficient at describing scents. I am looking forward to your impressions!

by Sweetsmell75
by Sweetsmell75
Es sind Harmonien und Kontraste in den Farben verborgen, die ganz von selbst zusammenwirken~Vincent van Gogh
by Sunshine00

Popular Valentino

Valentino Uomo Intense by Valentino Valentino Uomo (Eau de Toilette) by Valentino Valentina by Valentino Valentino Donna (Eau de Parfum) by Valentino V pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Valentino Valentino Uomo Acqua by Valentino Rock 'n Rose (Eau de Parfum) by Valentino Valentina Assoluto by Valentino Very Valentino (Eau de Parfum) by Valentino Vendetta (Eau de Toilette) by Valentino Valentina Acqua Floreale by Valentino Valentino Uomo Noir Absolu by Valentino Valentino Donna Acqua by Valentino V (Eau de Parfum) by Valentino Vendetta pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Valentino Valentino (Eau de Toilette) by Valentino Valentino Donna Rosa Verde by Valentino Rock 'n Rose Couture by Valentino Valentina Oud Assoluto by Valentino Very Valentino for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Valentino