Valentino Uomo Acqua (2017)

Valentino Uomo Acqua by Valentino

Valentino Uomo Acqua is a perfume by Valentino for men and was released in 2017. The scent is sweet-citrusy. It is being marketed by L'Oréal.

Top Notes Top NotesCitron, Mandarin, Green tomato
Heart Notes Heart NotesMoroccan neroli, Clary sage, Orris absolute
Base Notes Base NotesHaitian vetiver, Vanilla, White leather, Musk

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 24.10.2019.

The face of the advertising campaign is model Clement Chabernaud, photographed by Alasdair McLellan.

10.0 7.0 9.0 8.5/10

Basti87
Very nice fresh version for warmer days
This fragrance was part of my last fragrance order. This fragrance has been on the market since 2017 but I have been interested since the beginning of the release. This fragrance is not really hit in the sales charts and in the fragrance community. But it's not important to me, because they often meet my taste exactly. I already own the normal Uomo and I like him very much. I find even better than the highly acclaimed Dior Homme and Dior Homme Intense which come very close to this DNA.

Before I come to this Acqua I'd like to say a word about summer updates of well sold heavy fragrances: I like such sweet and refreshed versions for warmer days. I find my collection includes many scents to well-known sweet scents, such as La Nuit de L'Homme, 1 Million, Code, Spicebomb, L'Homme Ideal and some others. I find it creative for warm days and stand out from the usual green, citric and aquatic DNA's. In any case an enrichment for fans of sweet scents.
The summer version of Dior Homme (Dior Homme Eau) is one of my favourite summer fragrances. Powdery fragrances are simply great in summer and can be well designed summery. That's why I bought this summer version. One gets it in the Internet already for approx. 50 euro a 125ml. Really a fair price compared to many others.
The bottle is dreamlike. Just like the Uomo and Uomo Intense. Here matching the scent in light. Flacon is not weighted with me so highly, but for me one of the most beautiful flacons which one can have.
Now to the fragrance: First of all I can say that the DNA is clearly recognizable over the entire course. Of course, it was clearly refreshed here. Especially with citric notes and slightly tangy green notes. Could be the green tomato. The top note is very summery and not too heavy, despite Uomo DNA. Successful refreshment. The powdery iris is perceptible over the entire course. Beautifully light and above all unique for the summer. This tart freshness also goes well with the iris. In the base it then becomes clearly heavy and there remains a sweet note paired with musk and light leather. The freshness is then naturally gone, but the base is no longer too penetrating anyway. All in all a very successful version, which should find few enemies and is also very unique.
I find the durability is underestimated by many here. It lasts 10+ hours on me, which is very good. To test the durability I spray the scent on the back of my hand to see if the scent is still present. Many fragrances are very close or something more than that. You can also count this one among them. Freshly sprayed still good, the base is very discreet. All in all very suitable for everyday use thanks to medium Sillage.

All in all a fragrance I can recommend. Especially for this price a great alternative for many occasions.
7.0 5.0 4.0 6.0/10

McFit meets Nespresso in vegan
Since I like all Valentino Uomos well to super so far, I didn't hesitate long with the purchase at the airport before this year's summer vacation - too much worth mentioning and new competition was not to be found anyway. I was also curious about how they wanted to brighten up the coffee nougat DNA and make it fit for summer. That was a difficult task in my head. And I should be right. Although it has become anything but intolerable or shitty, it supports and refreshes me quite well on Crete at the pool bars and in the Samaria gorge, "Uomo Acqua" is no hit. If I turned back time and stood at the terminal again, I probably wouldn't even take it and would rather bet on other horses... but one by one.

"Uomo Acqua" is quite clearly one of the Uomo family, this becomes clear after only 10 minutes, when the original DNA peels out much too early and only slightly brightened. It's too lame or too fast, just as you want to see it. But even before that there is the first little disillusionment: to sniff out a tomato, no matter if red, green or purple, you need a long nose that pierces the spray spot, plus a rich imagination. These are the two biggest missed opportunities and criticisms. The rest is solid to fine - a powdery, transparent and somewhat synthetic vanilla iris that melts into a white nougat leather cream. Doesn't sound like summer, isn't midsummer either, but you can do it at 25 degrees. But there was much more in it and it is annoyingly played on safe.

Flacon: a good spray head, an overall stylish presentation. It should have been a little more blue or aquatic.
Sillage: not remarkable, but no total slackness.
Shelf life: unfortunately only 4 hours, including Greece bonus/deduction.

Conclusion: a diluted, sometimes even generic version of the original. Works better than expected, but not really well. I should have been even braver to get away from the father scent. And more tomato exposure. Unfortunately, unfortunately

DPArtist 11 months ago
A bright zesty citrus & green opening followed by lovely but soft dry-down which lasts quite well and increasingly resembles the original.
9.0
6.0
Akunin 20 months ago
Great opening, really beautiful scent , but performance is awful . 5/10 expected more .+2
5.0
6.0

Popular Valentino

Valentino Uomo Intense by Valentino Valentino Uomo (Eau de Toilette) by Valentino Valentina by Valentino Valentino Donna (Eau de Parfum) by Valentino V pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Valentino Valentino Uomo Acqua by Valentino Rock 'n Rose (Eau de Parfum) by Valentino Valentina Assoluto by Valentino Very Valentino (Eau de Parfum) by Valentino Vendetta (Eau de Toilette) by Valentino Valentino Uomo Noir Absolu by Valentino Valentina Acqua Floreale by Valentino Valentino Uomo Born In Roma by Valentino Valentino Donna Acqua by Valentino V (Eau de Parfum) by Valentino Vendetta pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Valentino Valentino (Eau de Toilette) by Valentino Valentino Donna Rosa Verde by Valentino Rock 'n Rose Couture by Valentino Very Valentino for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Valentino