Valentino Uomo 2014Eau de Toilette

Valentino Uomo (Eau de Toilette) by Valentino
Valentino Uomo (Eau de Toilette) is a popular perfume by Valentino for men and was released in 2014. The scent is sweet-gourmand. It is being marketed by L'Oréal.
Scent goes well with #Tobacco Collection - Rich/Warm/Addictive

Olivier Polge

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Myrtle
Heart Notes Heart NotesCoffee, Gianduja cream
Base Notes Base NotesCedar, Leather

Submitted by Michael, last update on 28.09.2020.

Minimum distance 1,5m - impossible with this scent
If I could talk my husband into a signature scent, this would be it. My, that's a great man scent. I don't know if it's the combination of coffee and leather, I'm getting a nice dark chocolate with 80% cocoa. A masculine rough and at the same time tender warm sweetness, which is not obtrusive. A perfume that women can also use well. Wearable in every season and for every occasion. You will never tease or set an alarm with this fragrance. One feels comfortable with this fragrance. I promise A similarity to Dior homme is unmistakable, but I find this fragrance more pleasing and quieter here. The sweet notes here are also warm and sophisticated.
It's hard to keep my distance with this perfume. I'm magically drawn to it.
Not to be overlooked is also this extraordinarily beautiful flacon. This is where we really came up with something. As noble as the perfume.

Rquill67
Warm, Spicy and a bit Nutty!
This is definitely a popular choice. While not my favourite fragrance, it's one of the best on the market in the mass-appealing designer category. This projects well and lasts about 6 to 8 hours on my skin. Definitely a warm and spicy classic with a nutty-cacao dry down.
CalisThenx
Mhhhm I love chocolate, although I don't like it...
A couple of months ago, I was hooked on the passion for scent, but how. I used to have a fable for perfumes when I was a youngster, then nothing happened for 15 years and by "stupid" coincidence I slipped back into the land of fragrances and that coincidence was this little masterpiece here. I sniffed a lot of perfumes and got a lot of perfumes and each of them has that certain something, but this one did it to me, it was love at first sniff. The first time in a perfumery I smelled and baäääm, I thought I was in Willi Wonka's chocolate factory, who invited his leather-clad biker buddies to his specially built into the factory coffee roastery.

But first of all butter for the fish, first of all I smell a lot of fresh, especially through the bergamot. The top note lasts quite long as I think and is very pleasant. But what stands out most is the bitter smell of coffee. And I don't mean just any cheap coffee, but freshly ground coffee from Colombia that is brewed with hot water and has an absolutely heavenly smell. Absolutely wonderful, I always feel like having a drink.

Chocolate is not really mine right now, neither the scent nor to eat, but here it melts with the coffee to a creamy scent that sends me to dreamland. Yes, it is quite sweet, but it is an unobtrusive and not too heavy sweet, but a very delicate and clear one that slightly coats the coffee scent and lets both melt together in a pleasant way Towards the end the cedar and leather comes out, but it is very soft leather, not black, but white. Then the bikers who are drinking coffee with Willy out of little cute cups are wearing white leather.

I have enough perfume, but none that makes me roll my eyes like this sweetheart. Once I smelled it, it beamed me to another world
On myself it has a very strong durability, a good 10-12h, means to spray it up in the morning before work and in the evening you can still smell it, even if only very close The sillage is very strong for the first 2-3 hours and this with a few splashes.

All in all my absolute favourite and definitely worth a purchase if you like coffee, chocolate and leather.
I also got it for an absolute snappy price for under 50€ and that for 100ml + aftershave balm.
This is my first comment here and I am happy to be here among like-minded people.

Fresh and sweet
A sublime, fresh, distinguished, elegant aroma that masterfully integrates the alkalinity of components such as chocolate and hazelnut (which gives a delicious fat content), the acidity of bergamot and roasted coffee, and the masculine warmth of leather and leather a heavily smoked cedar.
There are also weak green chords.
It begins with a bergamot and some green notes, which create a fresh, soft tone that will be there all the time.
This fresh-sweet combination is delicate, it is made with great taste and I think it makes a difference to other perfumes of the genre. The circle of delicacy closes with its constant evolution towards leather.
Valentino Uomo is not sticky at all, she is refined, elegant, romantic, seductive and, thanks to her generally friendly tone, damned versatile.
Its projection is not invasive or overwhelming, but it creates the bubble effect, the aura that accompanies you everywhere. And its duration seems more than appropriate Its drying is exquisite, the gourmand sweetness appears in it.
It's the iris...
at the Valentino uomo.
First I was in possession of his legendary relative Valentino uomo Intense, whose fragrance character I really appreciate, but whose performance on my skin is rather modest. But as I recognized the potential of the fragrance composition, the normal uomo now also moved in with me.
The relationship to the Intense is unmistakable, but the relationship to the Aqua is limited.
VU starts with a lot of iris and something fresh/citric resonates. The iris stays and coffee and gianduja cream are added, which gives it its characteristic vibe. An elegant nuttiness develops, which I like very much and reminds me minimally of One Million Lucky. I also have the feeling that I have smelled something similar to a cosmetic product before, but I can't remember which one. In the further course of time Valentino uomo becomes a little sweeter, but changes only little.
All in all a solid fragrance mixture Since it is a rather light fragrance, the shelf life is relatively short. After six hours, I am finished. Also the Sillage is rather mediocre. It is already there, but the scent is only very subtle. I think this is intentional, because Uomo is a wonderful companion for everyday life, which is not very offensive and should put everyone in a good mood.
It radiates elegance and light-heartedness, which makes it definitely suitable for the office or customer traffic.
It is wearable all year round, although I would not necessarily go for it in midsummer.
Also concerning the price you can't go wrong with him, I bought my 50ml copy for about 40 Euro. The flacon is also very nice. With the knobbed glass, the capless spray head and the golden brown content it looks very chic and elegant. Just what this fragrance stands for.
It can be recommended without reservation to everyone. Although it fits rather well with more upscale clothing, I also see it on everyday outfits with sneakers In conclusion it can be said that Valentino uomo is a quite solid fragrance, where you might have to spray after a few hours, but it accompanies you through the day like a light aura and makes you (at least me) in a good mood.

LG

The fresh gourmand
A few years ago I strolled through a department store in Berlin and looked around a bit. Suddenly there was a certain smell in the air, which for some reason I associated with wealthy people.
A certain freshness with that certain woody undertone. What was that? I asked myself this question for quite some time until I finally found this fragrance, Valentino Uomo EDT!

The opening is fresh, but not summery fresh, but rather autumnally fresh showered. The combination of the fresh bergamot with the leather and the very tangy wood is very interesting, especially because there is also a subtle sweet creaminess. Really a great scent, which I also like to wear with a suit, simply because it radiates self-confidence
The durability is perfectly ok. Not particularly good, but nothing below average. The Sillage is well perceptible for about 2-3h and altogether the scent lasts about 6-8h on the skin.

The bottle is also a real eye-catcher. The typical Valentino skies/pyramids and an engraved golden label with the brand name look really great and can take a fall ;). Unfortunately the spray head is made of plastic and a bit wobbly, although it is mounted on a metal base.

All in all a great fragrance in a pretty bottle for the 20-40 year old, self-confident man.
Too thin
The only good thing about the fragrance is the top note. This one's sweet and fresh. But bergamot is not very perceptible. The top note, however, dries up relatively quickly and then changes into a relatively thin heart note, which soon bids farewell to an even thinner base. In my opinion, the main components of heart and base are neither coffee nor leather, but rather a slightly sweet, gourmand chocolate undertone. This is by no means unpleasant or bad, but far too little perceptible. Silage and shelf life are almost non-existent, almost below average. After 3 hours you can only perceive the full chocolate undertone up close Shame

Top note: 8
Heart note: 6
Base note: 5

Flacon: who likes the Protzkristallklunker ... It's too bulky for me.
My last gourmand...??
Especially in autumn and winter I'm, like many here, a fan of sweet scents. After I already had Dior Homme on my screen, I became aware of Valentino Uomo on several YouTube channels. However, the greater attention was paid to the 2016 Uomo Intense and so I decided to test it on occasion.
The opportunity arose in late summer at the Southhampton airport in duty free. But there the spray head of the VU Intense was broken and so I test the original version, which is the winner of the German perfume award "DUFTSTARS" 2015. ;-)
My impression after spraying on: at first surprisingly fresh with a quick iris note, which I personally like (although not listed here). Since I tested other scents, I put the test strip aside for the time being.
At home I pulled out the test strip again and was enthusiastic about this creamy coffee sweetness paired with the iris and slightly tart leather.
The fragrance landed immediately on my wish list and in September then in my collection. In October it finally got so cool that I wanted to put on the scent.
Since then, however, I have been struggling because the sweetness from the transition to the heart note seems excessive, almost intrusive and also very synthetic to me. I have already experienced something similar with the Ferragamo Uomo or with Mugler A* Men Pure Malt.
Since then I have been wondering if I am currently experiencing a change in my sense of smell or if it is perhaps due to the scents and the synthetics. Is it perhaps my last Gourmand fragrance, because I can no longer bear the exaggerated sweetness?
Basically I'm not a fan of the big performance monsters but prefer a lighter subtle fragrance. The base at Valentino Uomo pleases me after a few hours but again very well.
So I'm gonna let the Valentino move on and maybe test one of his brothers.
I haven't completely given up on the gourmand yet.

Delicious Nutella and Aromatic Nespresso
I own Valentino Uomo Intenso for some time now (as well Dior Homme Intense) but only recently acquired Valentino Uomo EDT. I bought it for three simple reasons:
- I consider Uomo Intenso and Uomo EDT to be different fragrances although both very good indeed.
- I gave up buying Dior Homme EDT because I actually prefer the creamier and more gourmand Valentino EDT version.
- I herd a sales assistant at Sephora's saying something that I never forgot: "The best Diors are made by Valentino!", and probably I may agree with her.

This perfume is fantastic... it's sweet but not sickening sweet.
I particulary enjoy the herbal-floral myrtle note (called envy weed in Portuguese), the very aromatic coffe note and the spetacular hazelnut-chocolate gourmand gianduja note. The bottom is more leathery than woody and I like it this way. There is no Iris in it and I do not miss it.
Uomo is a relaxed and sensual fragrance, which may be why my wife sometimes uses it. It's more unisex and sexier than either Uomo Intenso or Homme EDT. Valentino took more than ten years to launch a man fragrance and did it way different from the predecessor Valentino V. Not that I deslike V... on the contrary, I love it although I just remeber it now through its Rasasi Daarej clone (it's sold out everywhere). Uomo is a totally different story from V, and its creation script has been "How to make a Dior better than Dior?".
While Dior Homme has the note of IRIS and its famous lipstick smell as its major DNA differentiator (as well cocoa and cardamom notes), Valentino Uomo takes us by surprise with an opening accord of Calabrian bergamot blended with myrtle syrup, followed by notes of gianduja cream (Nutella for short) blended with a superb aromatic toasted coffee in the heart (a Nespresso?); it finishes with a very smooth white leather and a strong manly cedar. Naturally Valentino Uomo is more gourmand, densier and creamier than its direct competition. Its aroma makes your mouth salivate like in the presence of "petit gateaux" made with Nutella.

What about the ratings for Valentino Uomo EDT?
____________________________________________________________________
- Scent opening: 9.0 (myrtle and sweet notes - very good)
- Scent Dry Down: 9.5 (a residual nutelalla over a creamy expresso and smooth leather - great and unique)
- Longevity: 7.0 (up to 6 hours on my skin, with 3 sprays)
- Sillage: 7.0 (sillage peaks at 4 feet with 3 sprays; projects for 2.0 hours)
- Versatility: 7.5 (Ideal for Fall, Winter and Spring/Summer nights)
- Usability: 9.0 (almost everywhere; fantastic for romancing)
- Compliments: 9.0 (You are the prowd owner of a compliment magnet. Just a few fragrances are more cute and sexy for a woman nose)
- Uniqueness: 9.0 (I believe it's just a bit similar to Dior EDT, either 2005 or 2011 version, and its vast legion of iris clones; different from other Valentino Uomo as well, including Intenso)
- Quality: 9.0 (High quality ingredients, gorgeous heavy glass bottle, great spray. The downside: It should have more 50% performance)
- Presentation: 10.0 (perfect)
- Price: 7.5 (€ 46 for a 100 ml non tester flask)
____________________________________________________________________
- Average: 8.49/10.00
between 7 and 8 => above average;
between 8 and 9 => recommended;
equal or bigger than 9 => don't miss it;

Opinion on "Valentino Uomo EDT": Unique, alluring, sweet and Sexy. For me it has been love at first sniff.
Blind buy worthy? Why not? But due to the higher price and general availability in perfume stores, probably it's better for you to try it first. Also if you are looking for a big longevity and sillage, you have to look elsewhere.

Music: The Commodores - "Sweet Love"

K1
This perfume literally takes me to Starbucks
Delicious delicate masculinity. Uomo is a fevered hot luscious chocolate and coffee. This fragrance is deliberately damp and sweet smoky with something luxurious called hazelnut, indeed it is not! This accord, whatever is, makes baffling mood and this is how the fragrance works! This strange sweetness is refined by leather.

Another fact, I really don't get why it is assumed to be a twin for Dior Homme. In fact I know. Dior has its identity; iris; which is absent here and without iris nothing would resemble Dior. Why people think this is like Dior is because of strange warmth in the opening. Dior has delivered something designer brand don't dare to do, so it was a niche smell and high quality by default. Valentino did the same and for that people find them similar. Right, the same chocolate accord and the same sweetness yet not powdery nor heavy duty like Dior.

Valentino Uomo is a warm, sensual, sweet bitter, leathery, formal and young masculine scent poured in a very eye-catching bottle. This fragrance has very strong projection, and good longevity.
7/10

SpicyDiceSpicyDice 7 months ago
Toller und frischer Duft!
KingPinKingPin 19 months ago
OMG, you could eat this! It’s like drowning in creamy chocolaty fudge while fresh coffee is brewing in the background. Dark and charismatic
DPArtistDPArtist 22 months ago
This really grew on me, I didn't like it at first but there's something so alluring about this scent that keeps me coming back. Beautiful.
BreadyBready 23 months ago
Perfect fragrance for colder days! Great compliments all around! Women love this scent.
Carlitos01Carlitos01 2 years ago
Uomo served us calabrian lemonade with myrtle syrup followed by a Nutella dessert and a Nespresso poured in a cup of cedar wood and leather.

Discussions about Valentino Uomo (Eau de Toilette)

Oberon21 in Perfumes & Brands

by Somebody
by JULI4N97
by JULI4N97

Popular Valentino

Valentino Uomo Intense by Valentino V pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Valentino Valentino Donna Noir Absolu by Valentino Valentino Uomo Noir Absolu by Valentino Valentino Donna (Eau de Parfum) by Valentino Valentino (Eau de Toilette) by Valentino Valentino Donna Rosa Verde by Valentino Valentino Donna Acqua by Valentino Very Valentino (Eau de Toilette) by Valentino Vendetta pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Valentino Vendetta (Eau de Toilette) by Valentino Valentino Uomo Acqua by Valentino Valentina Assoluto by Valentino Valentino Noir Absolu Oud Essence by Valentino Valentina by Valentino Valentina Oud Assoluto by Valentino Rock 'n Rose Couture by Valentino Very Valentino (Eau de Parfum) by Valentino Voce Viva by Valentino Valentina Poudre by Valentino