Valentino Uomo (2014)Eau de Toilette

Valentino Uomo (Eau de Toilette) by Valentino

Valentino Uomo (Eau de Toilette) is a popular perfume by Valentino for men and was released in 2014. The scent is sweet-gourmand. It is being marketed by L'Oréal.

Olivier Polge

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Myrtle
Heart Notes Heart NotesCoffee, Gianduja cream
Base Notes Base NotesCedar, Leather

Submitted by Michael, last update on 03.04.2020.

9.0 7.0 7.0 9.0/10

Dreckigerjan
Newly rekindled love for perfume by this fragrance
This is my first comment on Parfumo at all, so why not write this one to match the first bottle I bought myself?

To be honest, I have of course possessed perfume before, or rather, been given it on some occasions. It has to be said that often the gesture of a gift itself was more appreciated by me than the disgusting-smelling "juice" that was hidden inside these bottles. Do you know that too? You get perfume as a gift from friends, family or relatives and you know for sure that the noble giver of the gift has not even thought about your taste? My father, for example, every year at Christmas... but I'm drifting away Well, this year I'm 23 years old and have discovered my passion for perfume I had seen a video on YouTube in which, among other things, Valentino Uomo EDT was discussed. The name and the bottle's admittedly appealing appearance must have been implanted in my subconscious somehow, so that I became aware of this fragrance on a shopping trip with my better half in the capital D at the beginning of January. Until then, visiting the Turquoise D was a never-ending torture for me, followed by headaches and an annoyed mood. The shitty mood came of course from 90% of the customer advisors, who never made a sovereign impression on me and rather shone with incompetence.

But further to the actual comment.
As I had described, the extraordinary flacon of the Uomos caught my eye.
I gave myself a jolt and tested it - on a piece of paper, but I was inexperienced But I liked the scent, I couldn't say what I smelled at that time but I wanted to take this scent with me. Offline 67€ for 50ml. It was quite intense, yet stupid of me, I didn't even look if I would have found it on the internet at a better price. Probably it was because I was enchanted by the scent and I am anyway a person who likes to try to buy in the region (apart from the fact that I hate to wait).

Since the day I bought Valentino Uomo, I wear perfume every day, without exception... of course some new companions have joined me but that's not what this is about.
-----------
I'll try to say a few words about the bottle, the fragrance, the shelf life and the silage. (Don't take it amiss if I formulate something amateurishly)

The bottle;
For me, the bottle is one of the noblest bottles that I have ever been able to hold in my hands in my still young perfume enthusiasm
6.0 5.0 5.0 6.5/10

Too thin
The only good thing about the fragrance is the top note. This one's sweet and fresh. But bergamot is not very perceptible. The top note, however, dries up relatively quickly and then changes into a relatively thin heart note, which soon bids farewell to an even thinner base. In my opinion, the main components of heart and base are neither coffee nor leather, but rather a slightly sweet, gourmand chocolate undertone. This is by no means unpleasant or bad, but far too little perceptible. Silage and shelf life are almost non-existent, almost below average. After 3 hours you can only perceive the full chocolate undertone up close Shame

Top note: 8
Heart note: 6
Base note: 5

Flacon: who likes the Protzkristallklunker ... It's too bulky for me.
8.0 7.0 8.0 7.0/10

My last gourmand...??
Especially in autumn and winter I'm, like many here, a fan of sweet scents. After I already had Dior Homme on my screen, I became aware of Valentino Uomo on several YouTube channels. However, the greater attention was paid to the 2016 Uomo Intense and so I decided to test it on occasion.
The opportunity arose in late summer at the Southhampton airport in duty free. But there the spray head of the VU Intense was broken and so I test the original version, which is the winner of the German perfume award "DUFTSTARS" 2015. ;-)
My impression after spraying on: at first surprisingly fresh with a quick iris note, which I personally like (although not listed here). Since I tested other scents, I put the test strip aside for the time being.
At home I pulled out the test strip again and was enthusiastic about this creamy coffee sweetness paired with the iris and slightly tart leather.
The fragrance landed immediately on my wish list and in September then in my collection. In October it finally got so cool that I wanted to put on the scent.
Since then, however, I have been struggling because the sweetness from the transition to the heart note seems excessive, almost intrusive and also very synthetic to me. I have already experienced something similar with the Ferragamo Uomo or with Mugler A* Men Pure Malt.
Since then I have been wondering if I am currently experiencing a change in my sense of smell or if it is perhaps due to the scents and the synthetics. Is it perhaps my last Gourmand fragrance, because I can no longer bear the exaggerated sweetness?
Basically I'm not a fan of the big performance monsters but prefer a lighter subtle fragrance. The base at Valentino Uomo pleases me after a few hours but again very well.
So I'm gonna let the Valentino move on and maybe test one of his brothers.
I haven't completely given up on the gourmand yet.
10.0 7.0 7.0 9.5/10

Delicious Nutella and Aromatic Nespresso
I own Valentino Uomo Intenso for some time now (as well Dior Homme Intense) but only recently acquired Valentino Uomo EDT. I bought it for three simple reasons:
- I consider Uomo Intenso and Uomo EDT to be different fragrances although both very good indeed.
- I gave up buying Dior Homme EDT because I actually prefer the creamier and more gourmand Valentino EDT version.
- I herd a sales assistant at Sephora's saying something that I never forgot: "The best Diors are made by Valentino!", and probably I may agree with her.

This perfume is fantastic... it's sweet but not sickening sweet.
I particulary enjoy the herbal-floral myrtle note (called envy weed in Portuguese), the very aromatic coffe note and the spetacular hazelnut-chocolate gourmand gianduja note. The bottom is more leathery than woody and I like it this way. There is no Iris in it and I do not miss it.
Uomo is a relaxed and sensual fragrance, which may be why my wife sometimes uses it. It's more unisex and sexier than either Uomo Intenso or Homme EDT. Valentino took more than ten years to launch a man fragrance and did it way different from the predecessor Valentino V. Not that I deslike V... on the contrary, I love it although I just remeber it now through its Rasasi Daarej clone (it's sold out everywhere). Uomo is a totally different story from V, and its creation script has been "How to make a Dior better than Dior?".
While Dior Homme has the note of IRIS and its famous lipstick smell as its major DNA differentiator (as well cocoa and cardamom notes), Valentino Uomo takes us by surprise with an opening accord of Calabrian bergamot blended with myrtle syrup, followed by notes of gianduja cream (Nutella for short) blended with a superb aromatic toasted coffee in the heart (a Nespresso?); it finishes with a very smooth white leather and a strong manly cedar. Naturally Valentino Uomo is more gourmand, densier and creamier than its direct competition. Its aroma makes your mouth salivate like in the presence of "petit gateaux" made with Nutella.

What about the ratings for Valentino Uomo EDT?
____________________________________________________________________
- Scent opening: 9.0 (myrtle and sweet notes - very good)
- Scent Dry Down: 9.5 (a residual nutelalla over a creamy expresso and smooth leather - great and unique)
- Longevity: 7.0 (up to 6 hours on my skin, with 3 sprays)
- Sillage: 7.0 (sillage peaks at 4 feet with 3 sprays; projects for 2.0 hours)
- Versatility: 7.5 (Ideal for Fall, Winter and Spring/Summer nights)
- Usability: 9.0 (almost everywhere; fantastic for romancing)
- Compliments: 9.0 (You are the prowd owner of a compliment magnet. Just a few fragrances are more cute and sexy for a woman nose)
- Uniqueness: 9.0 (I believe it's just a bit similar to Dior EDT, either 2005 or 2011 version, and its vast legion of iris clones; different from other Valentino Uomo as well, including Intenso)
- Quality: 9.0 (High quality ingredients, gorgeous heavy glass bottle, great spray. The downside: It should have more 50% performance)
- Presentation: 10.0 (perfect)
- Price: 7.5 (€ 46 for a 100 ml non tester flask)
____________________________________________________________________
- Average: 8.49/10.00
between 7 and 8 => above average;
between 8 and 9 => recommended;
equal or bigger than 9 => don't miss it;

Opinion on "Valentino Uomo EDT": Unique, alluring, sweet and Sexy. For me it has been love at first sniff.
Blind buy worthy? Why not? But due to the higher price and general availability in perfume stores, probably it's better for you to try it first. Also if you are looking for a big longevity and sillage, you have to look elsewhere.

Music: The Commodores - "Sweet Love"

K1
This perfume literally takes me to Starbucks
Delicious delicate masculinity. Uomo is a fevered hot luscious chocolate and coffee. This fragrance is deliberately damp and sweet smoky with something luxurious called hazelnut, indeed it is not! This accord, whatever is, makes baffling mood and this is how the fragrance works! This strange sweetness is refined by leather.

Another fact, I really don't get why it is assumed to be a twin for Dior Homme. In fact I know. Dior has its identity; iris; which is absent here and without iris nothing would resemble Dior. Why people think this is like Dior is because of strange warmth in the opening. Dior has delivered something designer brand don't dare to do, so it was a niche smell and high quality by default. Valentino did the same and for that people find them similar. Right, the same chocolate accord and the same sweetness yet not powdery nor heavy duty like Dior.

Valentino Uomo is a warm, sensual, sweet bitter, leathery, formal and young masculine scent poured in a very eye-catching bottle. This fragrance has very strong projection, and good longevity.
7/10

ColinM
Dior Homme (and that's it)
I smell almost no differences with Dior Homme, except a more prominent gourmand side, and less complexity. Which means this scent smells undoubtedly good, actually much good if you are into that "metrosexual gourmand" type of fragrances, but well... I don't see the point - it's not even cheaper. Get Dior Homme if you like this, it smells better and at least *they* had the idea.

6/10

~ Elegant Gourmand in Gold ~
~ You will not read any other fragrance names mentioned in this review because I believe this Polge creation stands on it's own merit and doesn't need to be compared to others for credibility it has it's own DNA. How this is categorized as a Leather is beyond me? I get a creamy sweet cocoa vibe from the opening to close. The chocolate and hazelnut are definitely edible with just a hint of boozy coffee to wash it down. In the end I do detect the feel of suede in my nose. This to me is more of an "elegant gourmand" with no powdery iris or makeup notes anywhere to be found just a long lasting chocolate cup of java held by a handsome or even beautiful suede glove as this knows no sex.

Kind Regards, Plat ~
7.5 7.5 9.0/10

SENSUAL DIOR
Dior homme intense is beautiful with heavy tonnes.This one is not that similar and the fruity creamy part is very sensual.?t can be considered unisex by some people but for me this is the new age of sweet coffe scents. Although I do not like leather notes , in this combination leather usage is just perfect.
7.5 7.5 8.0/10

Just a quick note ...
I'm giving this new entry by Valentino a quick thumbs up as I am at the airport on my way out of the country and have just had a test fest in the duty-free, where a large number of new releases are on offer.

At first spray Valentino Uomo comes across as very sweet, but it's soon clear that this is (to my nose at least) a 'male version' of Flowerbomb, if such a thing could exist!!
Do I like it? Yes, very much so … it's different, the bottle is gorgeous and I love the gourmand floral quality it exhibits! Full bottle worthy? Perhaps … I'll decide at my connecting airport because the four hefty sprays I gave my upper left arm now have to last through a seven hour flight … time will tell.

Highly recommended!

Update:

Having fallen progressively in love with the marvellous smell emanating from my arm during the flight I was on, I was mortified to find that this fragrance was not available at my destination … I should've just bought it when I tested it.
More than coffee, I experience a vast creaminess tempered with something floral … even though the note pyramid doesn't suggest this. I actually went to find a spritz of Flowerbomb to compare, and the similarities are definitely there … how absolutely random?!?!
The sweetness maintains all the way down to the yummy Cedar base and the leather here feels suede-like … smooth and rich … and not typically leather-ish, which has a tendency to go sour on my skin.

I've organised a bottle from London arriving at my present location with a friend in a few days.

Valentino Uomo is truly a worthy release … everyone should try this!!
8.0/10

A Hairier Dior Homme
Housed in a prickly bottle to match Velentino’s current obsession with studs, this is an unexpected treat. I first smelled and dismissed this as a Dior Homme rip off on a shopping expedition last month here in London when it was being aggressively debuted in department stores. A few hours after that initial spray the fragrance was still going strong but began displaying a much more gourmand, starchy, farina-like bouquet not dissimilar to L’Artisan’s Vanille Absolument's dry down. This is what the caramelised hazelnut effusion of Gianduja cream does no doubt.

Many, many hours later, when the scent was much closer to the body and in the midst of its death throes, what was left was that familiar, masculine - dare I say it - Valentinade which harkens back to the now-discontinued Very Valentino For Men with its musky, woody, leathery savour.

Olivier Polge, who turned the world of masculine perfumery on its balding head when he unleashed Dior Homme nearly a decade ago, has now loosed its little brother on us (or older brother, since this could have been an earlier iteration of Dior Homme hidden away in the lab’s fridge for years). With Valentino Uomo, he seems to have reconciled the conflict between ultrafeminine masculinity and a more assured, ambrosial maleness that, like the bottle housing it, might look bristly and dangerous on the outside, but is actually quite lovely and loving at heart.
8.0/10

valentino uomo
suddenly i put my hands on this .First of all ,very beautiful bottle maybe the best in the last months ,this new Polge creation is a very interesting composition a la dior homme intense ,less iris lipstick nuanced and more hazelnut chocolatey incentred expecially in his drydown ,it's not feminine, neither macho oriented , but totally unisex as a nowadays modern gourmand frag .projection and sillage are quite good .definitely something to add in every perfumes collector
7.5/10

SpicyDice 3 days ago
Toller und frischer Duft!
KingPin 12 months ago
OMG, you could eat this! It’s like drowning in creamy chocolaty fudge while fresh coffee is brewing in the background. Dark and charismatic
DPArtist 15 months ago
This really grew on me, I didn't like it at first but there's something so alluring about this scent that keeps me coming back. Beautiful.
Bready 17 months ago
Perfect fragrance for colder days! Great compliments all around! Women love this scent.
Carlitos01 19 months ago
Uomo served us calabrian lemonade with myrtle syrup followed by a Nutella dessert and a Nespresso poured in a cup of cedar wood and leather.

Discussions about Valentino Uomo (Eau de Toilette)

Oberon21 in Perfumes & Brands

by Somebody
by JULI4N97
by JULI4N97

Popular Valentino

Valentino Uomo Intense by Valentino Valentino Donna Noir Absolu by Valentino V pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Valentino Valentino (Eau de Toilette) by Valentino Valentino Uomo Noir Absolu by Valentino Valentino Donna (Eau de Parfum) by Valentino Valentino Donna Acqua by Valentino Valentino Donna Rosa Verde by Valentino Vendetta pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Valentino Vendetta (Eau de Toilette) by Valentino Valentina Assoluto by Valentino Valentina Oud Assoluto by Valentino Valentino Uomo Acqua by Valentino Valentina by Valentino Rock 'n Rose Couture by Valentino Vendetta (Parfum) by Valentino Very Valentino (Eau de Parfum) by Valentino Valentina Poudre by Valentino Rock 'n Rose (Eau de Parfum) by Valentino Very Valentino (Eau de Toilette) by Valentino