Valentino Uomo 2014Eau de Toilette

Valentino Uomo (Eau de Toilette) by Valentino
Valentino Uomo (Eau de Toilette) is a popular perfume by Valentino for men and was released in 2014. The scent is sweet-gourmand. It is being marketed by L'Oréal.
Scent goes well with #Tobacco Collection - Rich/Warm/Addictive

Olivier Polge

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Myrtle
Heart Notes Heart NotesCoffee, Gianduja cream
Base Notes Base NotesCedar, Leather

Submitted by Michael, last update on 06.01.2021.

The elegant Italian
Valentino's bottles are basically an eye-catcher, as it were chic and a little decadent acting. With Valentino Uomo EDT is but also not only what good to see from the outside, but also what good in it.

The first spray is very fresh, almost sporty bergamot you get to sniff, but also completely evaporates within seconds. Very quickly it then becomes clear that there is this kind of perfume already several times on the market - namely by the Dior Homme and Prada L'Homme series. This very quickly reveals the lightness and powderiness that this fragrance conveys and can thus be considered a direct competitor (similarly, the Eau de Parfum version, Noir Absolu on the other hand, is knitted differently). Basically, the fragrance pyramid of Dior Homme EDT is not so different.

Valentino Uomo remains a long while a very creamy and powdery fragrance without corners and edges. This fragrance remains throughout and seems almost unisex. A gourmand touch with a hint of latte in my nose spreads. I have never tried gianduja cream. Seems to be some sort of nut nougat cream. To me, this implies that Valentino Uomo should perhaps have some chocolaty notes - alas, I look for them in vain.

An elegant woody base allows the fragrance to fade over time. A strong durability should not be expected, on my skin it was at most 6 hours, the sillage rather mediocre. Nonetheless, this fragrance is all around great. If you are looking for an elegant date scent, either for yourself or as a gift, you should definitely grab this one. It is definitely recommended if you want to get into the Valentino Uomo perfume series
Good alternative to the original Dior Homme
I like it quite well, less sultry than Dior Homme! Unfortunately, it has a note that seems very artificial for me. Who stands on iris, creamy and delicious, is super served here. Me too sweet,cap but also learn that I'm fragrance-wise pretty stuck in the 90s. Therefore, it lands despite good rating in the Soul.
Coffee flavoured nougat dessert
Dear perfume friends, I wish you all at the same time to the 20.perfume Advent calendar door a beautiful 4th Advent. Today hides this wintry men's fragrance behind it, Valentino Uomo, the second fragrance that I will give away this year for Christmas.

Do you know it too? The colder and darker the days get, the greasier and richer the food has to be too. In winter, I don't want a fresh cucumber salad and all the more want the steaming stew, preferably extra spicy. My current obsession is instant coffee. I'm sure the baristas and avid coffee drinkers among you are slapping their hands together at this point, but I've never been a coffee drinker, can't stand the caffeine. I preferred the strong beans in the form of chocolate bars. But now I also like them liquid, decaf, instant, 2 spoonfuls of sugar, sometimes honey, oat milk and preferably around 5pm. That sounds worse than from Starbucks, one or the other will say, but I like it.

And exactly so it behaves with this fragrance: I got to know him when I fished from large bay a men's bottling package. As a good Flaconesse you have to finally educate yourself in every field and this time the lesson was called men's fragrances. By the way: some of them I wear myself, as you already know, so you never know where the new favorite, the next great discovery will come from. So Valentino Uomo was included in the package and I liked it right away. Truly not a lofty fragrance of intellectual perfumery art, but it smells above all one thing: simply good.

Gourmandig sweet, enveloping, with subtle coffee note, which reminds me more of a dessert, than of the said hot drink. Such a beautiful fragrance must not be missing in my collection, but since my budget for this month was already used up, I came up with a smart idea: I just give it away for Christmas and that to my boyfriend. He has certainly nothing against it, if I him for you Unboxe and me from time to time a spray steal, because he liked him at the first Antesten just as.

When the fragrance arrived, here in a gift set with matching shower gel, I was surprised by the value of the box. The light brown cardboard has a diamond-like embossing and is a boon for every haptic. The logo shines in the middle, golden writing on a black background. The bottles inside make an equally noble impression. The 50mL flacon of the eau de toilettes is secured at the spray head as there is no lid. The glass has the same slightly thicker texture as the cardboard, feels good in the hand and has an interesting feel. The liquid shines through with a brownish tint, and the company logo shines from a badge on the front. And also the plastic shower gel bottle does not look cheap.

The spray head of the flacon is easy to operate, admittedly, the side could be a little finer. Immediately surrounds me a slightly herbaceous, spicy opening, this must be the myrtle, with subtle bergamot freshness, which merely colors the background. Then the gourmand sweet heart opens: a creamy dessert of coffee-flavored giandujanougat cream, gourmet nutella, so to speak. So the fragrance lingers for some time, indulgent, enveloping, before fading out over a subtly woody, finely tuned leather base.

For me, a fragrance that fits quite wonderfully into everyday winter wear. Less as a work companion, where he would not stand out here disturbingly, but rather suitable as a leisure, cuddle, sleep and feel-good fragrance and he is 100% unisex. What I appreciate about the men's sourmands is the spice that is often brought out more, the depth that appears as a counter to the sweet notes and makes the scent more interesting than it often is with the women's versions. Because many of the ladies gourmand declared as such seem to me too sweet, too flat.

Valentino Uomo has risen in the short time we've known each other to become one of my top three favorite designer winter men's fragrances, along with Le Male Le Parfum and Dior Homme Intense. In terms of fragrance feel, it has parallels with the latter, but seems less elegant, but enveloping-creamy.

Now I hope the presentee will be happy in 4 days about the fragrant gift, otherwise I just enjoy him myself, snuggled on the sofa in the afternoon with instant coffee.

Your Flaconesse

Minimum distance 1,5m - impossible with this scent
If I could talk my husband into a signature scent, this would be it. My, that's a great man scent. I don't know if it's the combination of coffee and leather, I'm getting a nice dark chocolate with 80% cocoa. A masculine rough and at the same time tender warm sweetness, which is not obtrusive. A perfume that women can also use well. Wearable in every season and for every occasion. You will never tease or set an alarm with this fragrance. One feels comfortable with this fragrance. I promise A similarity to Dior homme is unmistakable, but I find this fragrance more pleasing and quieter here. The sweet notes here are also warm and sophisticated.
It's hard to keep my distance with this perfume. I'm magically drawn to it.
Not to be overlooked is also this extraordinarily beautiful flacon. This is where we really came up with something. As noble as the perfume.

Rquill67
Warm, Spicy and a bit Nutty!
This is definitely a popular choice. While not my favourite fragrance, it's one of the best on the market in the mass-appealing designer category. This projects well and lasts about 6 to 8 hours on my skin. Definitely a warm and spicy classic with a nutty-cacao dry down.
CalisThenx
Mhhhm I love chocolate, although I don't like it...
A couple of months ago, I was hooked on the passion for scent, but how. I used to have a fable for perfumes when I was a youngster, then nothing happened for 15 years and by "stupid" coincidence I slipped back into the land of fragrances and that coincidence was this little masterpiece here. I sniffed a lot of perfumes and got a lot of perfumes and each of them has that certain something, but this one did it to me, it was love at first sniff. The first time in a perfumery I smelled and baäääm, I thought I was in Willi Wonka's chocolate factory, who invited his leather-clad biker buddies to his specially built into the factory coffee roastery.

But first of all butter for the fish, first of all I smell a lot of fresh, especially through the bergamot. The top note lasts quite long as I think and is very pleasant. But what stands out most is the bitter smell of coffee. And I don't mean just any cheap coffee, but freshly ground coffee from Colombia that is brewed with hot water and has an absolutely heavenly smell. Absolutely wonderful, I always feel like having a drink.

Chocolate is not really mine right now, neither the scent nor to eat, but here it melts with the coffee to a creamy scent that sends me to dreamland. Yes, it is quite sweet, but it is an unobtrusive and not too heavy sweet, but a very delicate and clear one that slightly coats the coffee scent and lets both melt together in a pleasant way Towards the end the cedar and leather comes out, but it is very soft leather, not black, but white. Then the bikers who are drinking coffee with Willy out of little cute cups are wearing white leather.

I have enough perfume, but none that makes me roll my eyes like this sweetheart. Once I smelled it, it beamed me to another world
On myself it has a very strong durability, a good 10-12h, means to spray it up in the morning before work and in the evening you can still smell it, even if only very close The sillage is very strong for the first 2-3 hours and this with a few splashes.

All in all my absolute favourite and definitely worth a purchase if you like coffee, chocolate and leather.
I also got it for an absolute snappy price for under 50€ and that for 100ml + aftershave balm.
This is my first comment here and I am happy to be here among like-minded people.

Fresh and sweet
A sublime, fresh, distinguished, elegant aroma that masterfully integrates the alkalinity of components such as chocolate and hazelnut (which gives a delicious fat content), the acidity of bergamot and roasted coffee, and the masculine warmth of leather and leather a heavily smoked cedar.
There are also weak green chords.
It begins with a bergamot and some green notes, which create a fresh, soft tone that will be there all the time.
This fresh-sweet combination is delicate, it is made with great taste and I think it makes a difference to other perfumes of the genre. The circle of delicacy closes with its constant evolution towards leather.
Valentino Uomo is not sticky at all, she is refined, elegant, romantic, seductive and, thanks to her generally friendly tone, damned versatile.
Its projection is not invasive or overwhelming, but it creates the bubble effect, the aura that accompanies you everywhere. And its duration seems more than appropriate Its drying is exquisite, the gourmand sweetness appears in it.
It's the iris...
at the Valentino uomo.
First I was in possession of his legendary relative Valentino uomo Intense, whose fragrance character I really appreciate, but whose performance on my skin is rather modest. But as I recognized the potential of the fragrance composition, the normal uomo now also moved in with me.
The relationship to the Intense is unmistakable, but the relationship to the Aqua is limited.
VU starts with a lot of iris and something fresh/citric resonates. The iris stays and coffee and gianduja cream are added, which gives it its characteristic vibe. An elegant nuttiness develops, which I like very much and reminds me minimally of One Million Lucky. I also have the feeling that I have smelled something similar to a cosmetic product before, but I can't remember which one. In the further course of time Valentino uomo becomes a little sweeter, but changes only little.
All in all a solid fragrance mixture Since it is a rather light fragrance, the shelf life is relatively short. After six hours, I am finished. Also the Sillage is rather mediocre. It is already there, but the scent is only very subtle. I think this is intentional, because Uomo is a wonderful companion for everyday life, which is not very offensive and should put everyone in a good mood.
It radiates elegance and light-heartedness, which makes it definitely suitable for the office or customer traffic.
It is wearable all year round, although I would not necessarily go for it in midsummer.
Also concerning the price you can't go wrong with him, I bought my 50ml copy for about 40 Euro. The flacon is also very nice. With the knobbed glass, the capless spray head and the golden brown content it looks very chic and elegant. Just what this fragrance stands for.
It can be recommended without reservation to everyone. Although it fits rather well with more upscale clothing, I also see it on everyday outfits with sneakers In conclusion it can be said that Valentino uomo is a quite solid fragrance, where you might have to spray after a few hours, but it accompanies you through the day like a light aura and makes you (at least me) in a good mood.

LG

The fresh gourmand
A few years ago I strolled through a department store in Berlin and looked around a bit. Suddenly there was a certain smell in the air, which for some reason I associated with wealthy people.
A certain freshness with that certain woody undertone. What was that? I asked myself this question for quite some time until I finally found this fragrance, Valentino Uomo EDT!

The opening is fresh, but not summery fresh, but rather autumnally fresh showered. The combination of the fresh bergamot with the leather and the very tangy wood is very interesting, especially because there is also a subtle sweet creaminess. Really a great scent, which I also like to wear with a suit, simply because it radiates self-confidence
The durability is perfectly ok. Not particularly good, but nothing below average. The Sillage is well perceptible for about 2-3h and altogether the scent lasts about 6-8h on the skin.

The bottle is also a real eye-catcher. The typical Valentino skies/pyramids and an engraved golden label with the brand name look really great and can take a fall ;). Unfortunately the spray head is made of plastic and a bit wobbly, although it is mounted on a metal base.

All in all a great fragrance in a pretty bottle for the 20-40 year old, self-confident man.
Too thin
The only good thing about the fragrance is the top note. This one's sweet and fresh. But bergamot is not very perceptible. The top note, however, dries up relatively quickly and then changes into a relatively thin heart note, which soon bids farewell to an even thinner base. In my opinion, the main components of heart and base are neither coffee nor leather, but rather a slightly sweet, gourmand chocolate undertone. This is by no means unpleasant or bad, but far too little perceptible. Silage and shelf life are almost non-existent, almost below average. After 3 hours you can only perceive the full chocolate undertone up close Shame

Top note: 8
Heart note: 6
Base note: 5

Flacon: who likes the Protzkristallklunker ... It's too bulky for me.

SpicyDiceSpicyDice 10 months ago
Toller und frischer Duft!
KingPinKingPin 2 years ago
OMG, you could eat this! It’s like drowning in creamy chocolaty fudge while fresh coffee is brewing in the background. Dark and charismatic
DPArtistDPArtist 2 years ago
This really grew on me, I didn't like it at first but there's something so alluring about this scent that keeps me coming back. Beautiful.
BreadyBready 2 years ago
Perfect fragrance for colder days! Great compliments all around! Women love this scent.
Carlitos01Carlitos01 2 years ago
Uomo served us calabrian lemonade with myrtle syrup followed by a Nutella dessert and a Nespresso poured in a cup of cedar wood and leather.

Discussions about Valentino Uomo (Eau de Toilette)

Oberon21 in Perfumes & Brands

by Somebody
by JULI4N97
by JULI4N97

Popular Valentino

Valentino Uomo Intense by Valentino V pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Valentino Valentino Uomo Noir Absolu by Valentino Valentino (Eau de Toilette) by Valentino Valentino Donna Noir Absolu by Valentino Valentino Donna (Eau de Parfum) by Valentino Valentino Donna Rosa Verde by Valentino Very Valentino (Eau de Toilette) by Valentino Valentino Donna Acqua by Valentino Vendetta pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Valentino Vendetta (Eau de Toilette) by Valentino Valentina Assoluto by Valentino Valentino Uomo Acqua by Valentino Valentina by Valentino Valentina Oud Assoluto by Valentino Rock 'n Rose Couture by Valentino Valentino Noir Absolu Oud Essence by Valentino Very Valentino (Eau de Parfum) by Valentino Valentina Myrrh Assoluto by Valentino Valentina Poudre by Valentino