Valentino Uomo Intense 2016

Valentino Uomo Intense by Valentino
Top 5 in Men's Perfume
Valentino Uomo Intense is a popular perfume by Valentino for men and was released in 2016. The scent is sweet-powdery. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is being marketed by L'Oréal. Pronunciation
Scent goes well with Colonia Leather (Eau de Cologne Concentrée)

Sophie Labbé

Top Notes Top NotesClary sage, Mandarin orange
Heart Notes Heart NotesIris, Tonka bean
Base Notes Base NotesBlack leather, Vanilla

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 19.01.2021.

The face of the advertising campaign is French actor and director Louis Garrel.

61K
Nut cake with vanilla cream
120 g butter
220 g sugar
4 eggs
150 g flour
130 g nuts (walnuts, hazelnuts or almonds finely ground)
60 ml milk or water

200 g cream
1 pck. cream stiffener
400 ml. Milk
1 piece of vanilla bean

So, first the milk with the sugar...

Oh, oops! This is yes Parfumo and not Chefkoch.de! Since I have probably mistaken, how embarrassing...
Well, I do not need to wonder, because this fragrance makes me strong Christmas baking feelings arise. In my opinion, a gourmand through and through.

After the initial tangerine, the scent transforms into an impossibly powdery, creamy vanilla-iris blend that is later joined, barely perceptibly, by some leather. This combination is so delicious that my wrist developed an almost insurmountable attraction to my nose after spraying it on. Warning: Makes addicted to regular consumption, not cool Valentino!

Well, all kidding aside, for someone who likes sweet scents, Uomo Intense must be the non plus ultra. I was rather averse to this division of perfumes until recently, but this one has converted me. It doesn't seem at all sticky or penetrating like most other gourmands, and that's despite having above average longevity and sillage. Rather subtle, upscale and a little luxurious, which is probably thanks to the iris. Perfect for going out or in the leisure.

I have hereby found my winter scent and now enjoy my nut cake with vanilla cream. By the way, you can find the complete recipe for this at this address: http://www.monika-triebenbacher.de/2015/12/nuss-torte-mit-vanillecreme/
Perfect for the winter
This fragrance definitely has it all. An absolutely perfect perfume for the winter. The first time I smelled this fragrance, I sat in my office as a customer of mine ran through the office. The scent cloud of this perfume grabbed me right away and it wouldn't let me go. In the first moment a real ''WOW'' effect. I had asked my customer immediately, what that was for a perfume and zack a few hours later I had bought him myself.

I must say that the fragrance has not smelled so extremely ''strong'' on me, as with this customer. Nevertheless, very tasty and extremely special.

I can really recommend this fragrance to anyone who likes to get general compliments for his fragrances that he wears.

The sweet and at the same time heavy property of this perfume, lets people gain attention
Between fear and love
If you go through the top list here from time to time, you can not get past the Uomo Intense.
It was with me actually always the same:

Clicked on, fragrance pyramid looked at, closed. Leather for me? Absolutely not, does not go at all. And here you read about leather whips...

But there must be something about this fragrance, why is it so hyped?

Well well, in a souk you can test that yes times carefully. No sooner said than done: A few days later I had the small but fine sample in the mailbox. The same evening still sprayed on and actually it was then already done.

The base note of really great leather comes immediately(!) But is excellently mixed with the sweetish notes from the heart and top notes. This fragrance, unfortunately, you have to smell, a simple description for this is not enough.

Undeniably dominant, vanilla and leather remain clearly visible to me and to the people around me even after a few hours. But that's okay, he is not restrained, however, he does not have to.

I can't remember being asked about a fragrance so many times within such a short period of time. I also just had to order it as a bottle, today it has really become a go to guy that works equally well in the office, in the evening and also on special occasions.

H/S are great, my clothes smell z.T the day after still noticeably after the perfume.
For the price it is an absolute buy recommendation!
New vs Old
I now have both the old version before reformulation and the reformulated version.

First of all, I'm perfume newbie and thought Lipstick sweet is such a term for anything else, possibly just so attractively sweet whereby you get to taste the lipstick of each girl ;) Well, unfortunately only wishful thinking, the Valentino Vintage sprayed on and it smells just really like lipstick :D thought me there fuck, what is that please? I can never wear that as a man. The new Valentino is different and does not have this extreme lipstick touch. What I'm quite happy as a little macho, although do not know which of the two would be better received by the girls, from a 50 Shades of Grey fragrance I had promised me but also a darker and more mysterious aura, there are definitely better express the dominance and tenderness, they just have to find ;)

What I find interesting though, when I wear ne leather jacket and wear this fragrance, then the own leather scent of the black leather jacket dominates and the Uomo underlines that nicely so a hard shell soft/sweet core scent.

The bottle with the spikes is quite funny and I also like to hold it in my hand, this feeling is really pleasant somehow. Imagine quch, not a few have him on the nightstand and if they have a girl there, they try out the Valentino massage with her. Offers itself at least like these massage balls.

To the fragrance I have already said, sweetness dominates for me, a bit of powdery sweetness that probably comes from the specified clary sage and the dark and dangerous what color and optics of the flacon radiate comes unfortunately not so across, he is just really a 50 Shades fragrance, with hardness and BDSM he has nothing to do, just pretend, for aftercare rather suitable ;)

Durability and sillage are quite decent so not too weak but also not too strong and on the whole a successful fragrance
The winter scent
Valentino Uomo Intense is one of the best winter fragrances I know. I own my bottle since the winter of 2018 and would not want to miss him.
One of the fragrances that you test in the perfumery and fall in love directly!
The spicy, leathery blend gives this fragrance a uniqueness that stays with you. A compliment getter and perfect for any cuddly evening in front of the fireplace.

Spicy. Winter. Masculine. Valentino Uomo Intense
Regular place
One of my favorite designer fragrances in one of my favorite flacons, sweet, heavy, perfect for winter, keeps weeks on my clothes, will always have a place in my collection Absolutely seductive.
Nour38
...through and through a man.
You are looking for a dark but still peaceful scent? Then you've come to the right place
The bottle
Not only looks good, but also feels robust and of high quality.
The spray head has it in him, there comes a full charge from the pipe.

The Opening
It opens with strong spices, and is marked with tonka bean right from the start. I don't like to give much time to this phase.

The heart note
In the further course sweetish, still charismatic. I smell a little synthetic. The fragrance development could have moved a little bit more, I just smell this potential.

The base note
The real me comes out. An interesting composition of leather, vanilla, licorice and nutmeg Contemplative memories are evoked. Individual notes can be pleasantly smelled.

The Sillage
No crowdpleaser, you get noticed. This fragrance requires a certain self-confidence from the wearer.

The shelf life
A companion for the whole day, preferably only on cool days.

The balance sheet
An affordable alternative to woody or sweet winter scents
Another masterpiece
Like Dior Homme Intense, this fragrance also has a strong character. Iris is in the air, paired with vanilla, tangerine. This is the essence of the fragrance.
Enclosed there should still be sage, which is responsible for the spritzy start. Then tonka bean, whose aroma gives the perfume a caramel bounce and neatly attaches it to the leather.
Yes, the leather. The chord I perceive here.
This makes the perfume itself almost like a second skin to which the fragrance really sticks. And the fragrance notes subliminally develop a spiciness, which I can't really explain with the help of the scent pyramid. Whether some information is missing here?

I have called DHI my luxury truffle. This here is my luxury chocolate.
The result is a chocolate chord, dark chocolate. And only the tangy tangerine at the beginning keeps this hidden at first. And then the chocolate illusion combines with the leather note and the mysterious spiciness comes into play. All very interesting.
It is not uncommon to compare DHI and this Valentino Uomo Intense.
I can understand that. In terms of quality, both fragrances are high quality. Both fragrances last a long time, smell intensely, and live up to their name.
But they only have one thing in common. Iris.
Right from the start Valentino Uomo Intense distinguishes itself with its mandarin sage combination. In the heart it is equipped with Tonka bean. And also in the base. Completely different.

Are they both Scent Twins? What if they're identical twins? No. Apart from the iris, both fragrances smell very different in direct comparison Perhaps you need to get used to the iris note first, so that you can really dive into the depths of the perfume. There is no other way I can explain this to myself. Even if I always see both fragrances in connection with each other - if you look for one of them, the other one can be found in the recommendations - in retrospect I find both different.

Valentino Uomo Intense has become for me the fragrance that could have been Joop Homme Extreme. I mean that. Chocolate leather accord. Spicy. Sweet. And fruity in the opening. Plus, VUI doesn't look synthetic. In this example, VUI means the scent isn't synthetic. I'm running Joop's right now for a comparison. Because the Valentino looked a little familiar to me from the beginning. Until the iris became a normal part of the perfume for my nose, I could hardly grasp it at first. But then it came to me. It doesn't resemble Dior Homme Intense, but rather Joop homme extremes!
So now I sit here and revel and compare Valentino wins this race without trying. There's no doubt about it.
Straight up. Elegant. Finely tuned. A bit of a mystery. Because sometimes he doesn't give away all the secrets. Patchouli, maybe?
Should there ever be a chocolate that tastes like Valentino Uomo Intense, it will be very expensive. I would buy and taste it anyway VUI is a real gourmet scent. A first-class designer fragrance that is not straining, but stimulating. That's how I praise myself.

MfG
TheOrange78

Enjoyable Masculine Sweet Fragrance
This is a great sweet powdery fragrance for a man. What I pick up mostly is very powdery vanilla with that sage note peaking through. I don't absolutely love this fragrance but its nice to have in my collection. I'm currently going though my fragrance collection and doing my annual declutter and picking the fragrances that I've gotten in the past year and seeing if its worthy to stay in my collection. When I was testing this fragrance to see if it was a stay or declutter, I've come to the decision that it's a stay because it is a very enjoyable and beautiful scent BUT, it would not be a re-purchase. Beautiful scent nonetheless and actually think it would be 10x better if it was layered with another fragrance.
You are my dream!
At that time I was the happy owner of the normal Uomo and already more than enthusiastic. But at some point it became really boring. Then I blindly ordered Uomo intense and in the meantime emptied my 5th or 6th bottle. An absolute dream! This light leather note that refreshes again and again. The powdery with great charm. Put on a shirt, unbutton it and slam Valentino on your neck ! A fragrance that everyone in my environment loves. My business card. He never gets too much for me and I'll never let go. It's a masterpiece at that price

AdamStraightAdamStraight 5 days ago
I like it more than DHI, find it more wearable great Iris,Tonka Leather combo. Long lasting but Sillage isn't that great.
EinsteinvEinsteinv 1 month ago
Similar to DHI but sweeter from the vanilla
Finerthings8Finerthings8 3 months ago
Absolutely doesn’t deserve this rating.One of the most mainstream and un original parfum out there.Sugared water for kiddies
BoBoChampBoBoChamp 3 months ago
Initially bright spicy-floral, a gentle and warm powdery-floral Fall fragrance, balanced by a sweet creamy-leathery base. Rather unisex.
TorkeTorke 4 months ago
A very elegant, sensual and luxurious Íris, with a vanilla/cacau undertone.

One of the best mid/high level designers.
OmardoOmardo 8 months ago
magnetic scent. attractive in a calm, warm way, it's bright but also casts a kind of shadow that makes it even more intriguing.
KimJongKimJong 1 year ago
VU has Big Dick Energy. How can we not say it's already a legend? VU will surely be the fragrance that reminds us of this era.
EmorandeiraEmorandeira 2 years ago
Leather/iris combo perfect for those Who are looking for a frag with the Dior homm or givenchy gentleman vibe but more masculine and classic
Jazzy76Jazzy76 2 years ago
Powdery and refined, it smells of old lipsticks for its noticeable iris note. Wonderful its sillage, strong but not heavy. Good for Her too!
NicosVNicosV 2 years ago
Excelent fragrance. Elegant and intense with great performace. The bottle is awesome.

by TimPlacid
by AaronMulle
by WitDeBois
by WitDeBois

Popular Valentino

Valentino Uomo (Eau de Toilette) by Valentino V pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Valentino Valentino Uomo Noir Absolu by Valentino Valentino (Eau de Toilette) by Valentino Valentino Donna (Eau de Parfum) by Valentino Valentino Donna Noir Absolu by Valentino Valentino Donna Rosa Verde by Valentino Very Valentino (Eau de Toilette) by Valentino Valentino Donna Acqua by Valentino Vendetta pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Valentino Vendetta (Eau de Toilette) by Valentino Valentina Assoluto by Valentino Valentino Uomo Acqua by Valentino Valentina by Valentino Valentina Oud Assoluto by Valentino Rock 'n Rose Couture by Valentino Valentino Noir Absolu Oud Essence by Valentino Very Valentino (Eau de Parfum) by Valentino Valentina Myrrh Assoluto by Valentino Valentina Poudre by Valentino