Valentino Uomo Intense (2016)

Valentino Uomo Intense by Valentino

Valentino Uomo Intense is a popular perfume by Valentino for men and was released in 2016. The scent is sweet-powdery. Projection and longevity are above-average. It was last marketed by Puig.

Top Notes Top NotesClary sage, Mandarin
Heart Notes Heart NotesIris, Tonka bean
Base Notes Base NotesBlack leather, Vanilla

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 12.10.2019

The face of the advertising campaign is French actor and director Louis Garrel.

8.0 8.0 8.5/10

JamesBlond
It's not all snow that crunches,
...but also high-quality, heavy and untreated leather jackets. That's exactly what you get from the Uomo intense. Plus vanilla.
I've been thinking for a long time how to get a "cheaper" alternative to my Ombre Leather from Tom Ford.
Not a twin fragrance, but leather. Not this biting old man's version, rather the leather couch in a lounge. You sit in it and smell brandies, rum, whiskey and tobacco. Whether from the pipe as with my father-in-law or cigars, but you always smell the leather.
On my search I found 2 interesting leather scents which are very similar at least with the ingredients. JPG le male essence de parfum and just the Valentino uomo intense.
I got 2 souks from a very nice gentleman at the same time and the similarity when you smell the open pocket sprayer is amazing.
Now that I could wear both fragrances for 3 days each, I notice that the intro is identical. One is first killed by the vanilla and the Uomo makes this again ne scoop penetrated.
However, the difference sets in after only a short time. While le male's leather only creeps past the vanilla after 2 hours, Valentino's full pack of crunching leather jacket is available after 10 minutes. It smells super authentic and the fragrance is superior to le male in every respect. Sillage and durability are as promised very powerful, especially if you are not used to it yet. This makes the essense de parfum "more suitable for everyday use".
It gets personal for a moment, but it's important for others to be able to stand the scent when testing it for the first time, on the skin please, not on paper!
Years ago I had a phase in my life when I had a lot of turkey meat on my menu every day when one or the other single sports enthusiast would know about it.
No firm woman at my side, the turkey breast remainders gammel regularly in the almost always empty garbage can before itself. When it happened again that the neighbours had to think my body was behind the door, I made the mistake of my life, related to the story here.
I took my most unpleasant deodorant what I still had standing around and shot the siffeimer with it full.

It was Axe Vanilla.
The result was a nausea that brought tears to my eyes and burned my synapses forever.
When I sprayed Valentino Uomo intense the first time I got a flashback like it is in a picture book. Although it is years ago, my brain didn't need a milisecond to show me the picture of my garbage can and its smell.
I was dead unhappy because I should like the smell, something special I wanted to have, which not everyone likes. That I found the directly disgusting destroyed my plan.
Fortunately Bottega veneta pour homme, Ombre leather and Pringles Barbecue taught me that good taste sometimes needs a push or 2.
I mean, don't copy him, maybe you're not ready for Valentino Uomo Intense!
Until then, Jean Paul Gaultier's leather belt will do the same.
For special occasions outdoors I will preserve the souk and wear it gladly, no matter how others find it.
9.0 9.0 9.0 9.5/10

Heart fragrance
A lot has already been written about this fragrance and its facets. Therefore from me a very personal anecdote, without the usual 'how and why does the just smell so...'.
I've been "fragrance crazy" for about four years now. Since then countless bottles and bottlings have found their way to me, but also away from me. I don't think any other fragrance has triggered such a positive reaction at first 'smelling' as Valentino Uomo Intense. First the filling from a sharing, which was then also very quickly used up. Soon after I got a broken bottle here in the souk. Unfortunately the spray head was damaged during transport, so I was afraid that I would have to smash the bottle like an old piggy bank and catch the valuable liquid somehow. But with a little handicraft work, a lot of patience, two rolls of Tesafilm and the stars in the right constellation I could make a provisional spray head and the investment was saved. Since then he has accompanied me to various weddings, where I am engaged as a musician, in winter at cosy temperatures, even on a date I once wore him. It has simply become a heart scent that sometimes falls too quickly into oblivion, but always conveys a pleasant feeling. Arriving home after a long winter walk. Snow, a mulled wine, a fireplace. It's all coming to me. It may not be the most complex or spectacular fragrance, but it is simply good!
8.0 8.0 8.0 7.5/10

A farewell greeting
A change of license holder now forces you to your knees, you go into the scent memoirs, many say:
"Please never do this!"

Your successor is already at the start,
what did one bring here again only on the market?

Born in Rome, he does not know the Cologne Cathedral, nor does he throw anyone from the throne with this achievement.

I must confess, you may not understand it, I found your twin DHI (2011) a little finer, but the difference is a smaller one.

So many soon mourn you afterwards, it is even difficult for you to say goodbye, but they must carry it with composure.

So is your walk in the fragrance story, now don't say you did badly, your prices only rise so that it soon crashes.

You had two brothers, too, nanu, even behind these the door unfortunately closes forever.
10.0 8.0 8.0 9.5/10

Iris/leather combo
This is probably a very good option for iris lovers Who are looking for something more masculine (according to the classical way) than Dior homme intense ir givenchy gentleman edp. This perfume is darker, less sweet, less floral (no lavender ir other flower apart from iris) and less powdery... Instead of tolu balm, cocoa or pear seeds, valentino mix the iris with a Big load of leather, which gives to this perfume a bit more classical gentleman vibe. It is good to wear with a leather jscket and jeans. For me this is between these three perfumes probably the most suitable for daily use. The only problema that i find is that his performance is not as good as in the Dior ir givenchy fragances, but evenso It is no bad. Nice perfume un a very nice bottle.
8.0 8.0 8.0 10.0/10

PhillipFrag
Sweet-powder-fresh floral, is it?!
As a fan of the Dior Homme and Homme Intense, a friend recommended me the Valentino Uomo Intense. Jeremy once told me about it, but I never smelled it before. So go to town and test. But that turned out to be very difficult, apparently the scent is no longer produced. That's what I left for now. By chance I came across the scent at Souk and swapped it blindly.
What can I say, I definitely haven't regretted it. Yes, the fragrance has some similarities with the Dior Homme Intense, but there is a clear difference especially on my skin.
The Fragrance Starts Freshly sweet. The mandarin (for me not necessarily identifiable as a mandarin, but definitely a sweet citrus fruit, not a bitter one) is in the foreground with iris and vanilla (tonka bean?) in the background. In the process the mandarin steps somewhat into the background, remains however still noticeable thereby. The iris is permanently present, the scent is powdery, but not old! After approx. 1 hour comes very strongly a background leathernste in addition. And wow, that's not only the difference to DHI, but also my favorite note in the fragrance. I'm not into leather fragrances, but here it is so perfectly embedded that I'm just thrilled.
I don't know how the fragrance does it, but for the fact that the fragrance is actually very heavy and sweet, the sweetness is not so present and it always has a fruity light floral undertone. This makes it really comfortable to wear.
The shelf life and Sillage look for their equal. 8-12 hours depending on the weather are not uncommon, the silage remains at least one meter even after 5 hours. There'll be compliments, too. Sure, I got more compliments for the sauvage, but with Valentino I got very honest and "better" compliments. Not superficial but quite enthusiastic.

For me a clear buy recommendation, if you find the scent strike. If you like the Dior Homme Intense, you might as well buy it blind. He won't disappoint you.
8.0 8.0 8.0 8.5/10

One of my favourites
I love this fragrance. Only fall/winter and for the brave ones, maybe 1-2 sprays in the early spring nights. Soft, elegant and powdery iris inside. Awesome performance on my skin. (10+ hours with 2-3 hours at least of good projection). I love the smell, the bottle and the performance. The price is not too high for what it has to offer. The younger brother of Dior Homme Intense. I use it only for special occasions or dates.
Overall rating : 8/10 for me.
10.0 9.0 10.0 10.0/10

Excellent Dress up Fragrance: the Prada L'homme of Winter
This is the kind of fragrance that will grow on you. I wasnt aware of the fact that I loved Iris until I wore this for the 5th or 6th time. The first time I wore it, I oversprayed, got a headache, and it was incredibly cloying.

You only need 1 spray. Maybe 2. Any more is overkill. This is an excellent luxury feeling fragrance. It smells expensive and high class. I often wear it to work as I dress business casual everyday. Would not recommend for hot environments. Cold weather/indoor controlled climate is best, so versatility suffers but that's okay.

It lasts all day, literally at the end of my 10 hr work day It was still on my clothes and even my skin slightly. Amazing iris and leather laden opening and beautiful beautiful sweet vanilla and leather (ever present) dry down.

I tried DHI and although DHI lasted slightly longer it had a somewhat oily smell reminiscent of hydrocarbons like gasoline, that I could not get behind. Maybe its because I'm 26 year old young professional, but I'm a huge fan of VOI.

Highly recommend.
6.0 9.0 9.0 5.0/10

NasiGoreng
I'm sure it's good - but it's just not mine!
I got the one with no intentions at the drug market MÜ.... and was really disappointed.
He wasn't mine. Somehow already good - nevertheless too "simple".
But again and again he came in front of my visor.
Since I actually like sweet scents - and especially strong ones - I was always torn back and forth.
Again and again I read in this forum and then I got myself the smell nevertheless, since I was persuaded by the many positive comments here.
The Intense was said to be rounder and more balanced. One smells (oh, I love the German language with its conjugations) the leather and the vanilla.

Then came the test: hm, hardly any difference to the normal Uomo...
Where's the leather - where's the vanilla?
Okay: 2 to 3 hours later they came then, the two desired additives; but is that not abundant very late?

To make a long story short:
After spraying on it smells for me after very strong plastic in a completely freshly manufactured and possibly still stuck together cardboard box! Do you know the smell? I'd call him penetrating.
It stays that way for hours! As mentioned above you can see vanilla and leather later on. Whereby vanilla remains briefly on a coffee there, the leather however unfortunately immediately again must continue.
Otherwise: cardboardised plastic and nothing else! Although in a strength that you are recognized at 3 meters - but just as linear... - it just doesn't happen.
And only Iris is simply too boring for me and in this case much too penetrating!
The fragrance may be quite good, but it is absolutely nothing special for me. But: it is actually very special: very strong, very straightforward, very synthetic and especially (for me wrongly) hyped! Maybe even especially boring.
I give him five points because he can't help it if I don't like him. Because well done it is then again somehow...
10.0 8.0 8.0 8.5/10

DarkWinterCS
Get out of my way, I'm coming
Uomo Intense, the fragrance the self-confident men in leather jackets and black clothes need. Simply powdery, simply powerful and simply awesome. Great scent I came across a few years ago in a scent finder. The fragrance is a combination of iris, vanilla, leather and other powdery notes. From front to back this station wagon can be smelled and that also very persistently. One could draw comparisons to the Prada L´Homme, where this one has these matching leather notes, which are pleasant to join.
Altogether a very round, well balanced but also very intense fragrance, which says directly: "Here I am, look at me.
8.0 10.0 8.0 8.0/10

DerDefcon
Devils and angels on their shoulders.
Hello, my favorite grandson. You look really good today. You've become a really great, handsome young man. I'm glad you're finally coming to see me again. But couldn't you have let me know? Now the fridge is empty and I have something to offer you. Why don't you sit down in the living room while I take a look at what the fridge and my little closet have to offer?

The little angel on my left shoulder, which by the way is on the left side of my neck, on which I applied "Tom Ford Noir Extreme" a few hours before, nodded to me friendly and with a very warm smile. He said that this bravery suits me very well and enchants my environment extraordinarily.
Now Grandma came out of the kitchen. Of course, she found something to eat. I was so happy about the vanilla cookies, which smelled so warm, so vanilla delicious and tasted delicious in the end. Somehow everything fit today and even the warmly smiling angel on my shoulder was beside herself with joy, the vanilla biscuit came so close to what could only be heard a few centimeters beside him at the neck of the good grandson and what only conjured up the so dearly pleasing angel. And there sat the grandson now, wearing a shirt, dark jeans and brown lace-up shoes, all finely dressed and ironed, his hair neatly parted aside and always admonished by the angel to listen nicely to the dear old woman, to speak well to her. "Be good, be courteous, be good," were the words of the now annoyingly moralizing chatterer on my shoulder. I have to go back to school tomorrow. I'm sure I won't take him there.

All right, then. Alarm clock rings, the supposedly well-behaved grandson gets up, has breakfast, gets ready and sprints to the tram again, although it runs every three minutes anyway. On my right shoulder this time again such a little angel has spread itself. He looks just as good as the other one. Well, that can be something. Why does he always have his mirror in his hand and powder his face? Honestly, I want the other one back. This one here is so dismissive and in his own way somehow penetrating.
I got on the tram and was in a good mood again. Despite rush hour traffic, the traffic was flowing and the tram came through well. The little angel, who had climbed around in Greifswalder Straße, asked me if it should behave differently, if I had anything wrong with him. I replied that this was not necessary and that I had already become halfway accustomed to his peculiarities. The penetrance had disappeared a bit and now he also seemed to thaw a bit, to become warmer and friendlier.
The trip took over an hour and when I arrived at the university, I realized that the seminar, which I was really looking forward to because of the topic, was cancelled. Couldn't they have sent an e-mail to me and my fellow students? What's so hard about that? My mood was in the cellar and also the face of my companion had darkened, which already struck me during the last quarter of an hour in the Gesindelcontainer, into which I rose now again.
I don't know what was going on on the way home. Nothing went well. The S-Bahn was delayed at first. The one I entered was full to bursting. So we all stood close together. Fortunately only I could see the little angel, just because it constantly grimaces at the other passengers. The train got even fuller, the people more irritated and so it happened. A middle-aged gentleman asked me rather unkindly to move up even further so that he could hold on to the next best opportunity. I replied that this was not possible because I could not move here either. It was just too crowded. A concert of abuse began: "You're too stupid to think logically. Why don't you just get up when people ask you to? The people here in the public places just suck." Little angel on my shoulder jumped up and down with rage, screamed at me that I shouldn't put up with something like that. What a dark mine angel had. Devil would have been the more appropriate expression. In any case, he was something in between - a hybrid version of angel and devil. I replied to the S-Bahn proletarian that he could also take his car if he was so annoyed by everyone here. The figure on my shoulder, half angel, half devil, says I should give him an extra one. But at the same time my shoulder visitor revises his statement and says that this is perhaps a bit exaggerated and that it would be enough to throw another peppery statement at the proletarian. The S-Bahn proletariat was about to launch a counterattack to meet the statement I made earlier, but I beat him. I cynically suggested to him not to take the car, because those who are already overwhelmed with the use of public transport should not take on even more complex tasks, such as driving a car. The little devil on my shoulder raved and asked why I didn't react even dirtier, only to have a warmer smile again a few seconds later, to nod in agreement and to say that it was already right the way I reacted and that sometimes he was a little too evil, too much exaggerated.
Short conclusion for the non-members of Parfumo, who just came by chance to this page to look at reviews for "Valentino Uomo Intense" and stayed on until the end of my little story:
The iris note, opened with the Uomo Intense, is refreshing for some, penetrating, pungent and unpleasant for others, but after a short time the fragrance becomes warmer and more vanilla. This warmth, this friendliness, this brightness, however, is already complemented and perfectly contrasted afterwards by dirtiness, by darkness, by black leather. This fragrance is a composition that has something evil about it, which is always held back by the good thing, namely vanilla. At the same time, the evil, the dirty, i.e. the leather, ensures that the perfect niceness, as we find it in "Noir Extreme", does not prevail too much. Who carries this smell has on one shoulder the angel, on the other the devil and thus the perfect balance, not too dear, but also not too naughty.
10.0 9.0 9.0 9.0/10

Powdery, leathery, delicious!
A funny story about Uomo Intense.
When I went to Müller last year and saw this extremely ingenious bottle, I tried to remove the (non-existent) lid from Uomo Intense. And I accidentally spray it on my hand. But then what? The scent was too good. I really sniffed at my hand all day long and was blown away by this really good smelling perfume. A little later I bought it.

What can you say?
Super Opening. A powdery iris note comes towards you and you are in love.
The Sillage is excellent. Compliments on a continuous basis.
Leather, iris, the sweet of the tonka bean and km drydown the added vanilla. All in all so incredibly suitable for masses that it is the scent for autumn, winter or a leather jacket. Among my Top 5
10.0 6.0 7.0 5.0/10

Chevalier
It's not hard to compose. But it's fabulously hard to let the superfluous notes fall under the table. Johannes Brahms
Puig as a manufacturer has very many and very good fragrances.
But this Valentino is completely superfluous. When you have the first Valentino, you don't really need it. From my point of view he is also inferior to the pioneer Dior Homme, because he was not composed so ingeniously, but is only out for riots. Very unfortunate and as mentioned not the must-have, if you compare the alternatives.
The sweetness is not necessarily sublime because the vanilla drowned everything out. There would have been less more here. The iris takes place, but not as suitable as in the first Valentino. One wonders why this one even needed it. Only because of the marketing or the too much vanilla that was still on the shelf?
Here the conclusion is simple, the original is and remains the original.

Uomo Intense=Beautiful
SOTD: 12/17/18

To my nose a gorgeous scent, very well blended the iris, vanilla, leather, and Tonka bean. The iris is not lipsticky not so offended. Part of mine winter rotation for 2018 & going forward to 2019. Highly recommend

Rating

Scent: 9.5/10
Presentation/Design: 8.5/10
Value: 6.5/10
Longevity/Performance: 9/10: lasted on my skin between 12-15+ hrs
Overall:9.5/10

Revisted this fragrance as my Valentine's Day SOTD (Scent of the Day): As of 02/14/19, still love this fragrance and again the Iris is not lip-sticky nor overpowering, and the vanilla, leather and Tonka bean with the Iris is well blended together. It is a wonderful scent for those close encounters with your spouse or significant other. To me a sexy, sensual and wonderful fragrance through and through. Longevity/Performance no issue for me on my skin had 6-10 sprays lasted on my skin as a skin scent around between 10-12+ hrs. A very solid release from Valentino.
9.0 9.0 9.0 10.0/10

PBregovich
"Passion" or "Why it hasn't become Dior."
For more than a year I have had a strange relationship to all those iris scents that resemble Dior Homme. I had liked Dior Homme Intense the most until then and often I was about to buy it. Something always bothered me, though. What I didn't like was that the beginning was always somehow very scratchy and disturbed the overall feeling of the fragrance a little bit.

What feeling? It is a fragrance that is sweet yet masculine. Strong on the border, a scent of binary segregation questioned. The fragrance that suits a man who openly deals with feelings, who can talk until late into the night. Someone who likes to watch you in the morning fascinates how you lie there quietly and breathe.

It's a scent that goes with the evening. He's dark, mysterious, erotic. It's this breath you feel on your neck just before you kiss it. This unexpected and initially shy kiss that is long and intimate, that takes off clothes and throws them to the ground, the kiss that turns off lights behind it and looks for the way into the bedroom.
Now the above mentioned scratchiness of Dior Homme Intense was always a disturbing detail for me. Noses that collide, shoelaces that don't want to open, TV noises of the neighbours that break the silence. Valentino Uomo Intense, on the other hand, begins more elegantly. It is nevertheless a quite loud fragrance with a good shelf life and a good sillage. However, I would compare Dior Homme Intense and Valentino Uomo Intense in the following manner: The first one talks loudly and convicts, an orator who can captivate the crowd. But sometimes he gets so carried away that his voice breaks under the energy and sometimes jumps to a pitch that was not intended. Valentino Uomo Intense also talks like that, but preserves the version. He talks loudly, but calmly. Convincing and safe.

The different scents of a fragrance released in 2016 I don't think you need to comment on any more great. Iris gives it powderiness, tonka and vanilla give it sweetness and the leather touch offers dark depth. I am generally a lover of sweet fragrances and find that Valentino Uomo Intense is the best interpretation of the sweet iris fragrance. I was fascinated by Dior Homme Intense because it was the first time I had the chance to get to know this fragrance, but with Valentino Uomo Intense I discovered a facet of it that I did not question.
9.0 7.0 8.0 8.0/10

Amazing mischievous masculinity
At first you can perceive a fine fruity note, which brings a very discreet sweetness and is due to the tangerine.

At the same time, the tangerine is enveloped by a beautiful soft aromatic note, which also carries a good portion of dark herbaceousness and in my opinion is responsible for the fact that the tangerine does not appear ripe, but still slightly greenish and comes from the clary sage.

Already in the top note the theme of the perfume can be guessed.

This constellation is perceptible on my skin for 20 minutes before the heart note unfolds.

A very clear, bright and intense powdery note can now be perceived, which exudes a very fine flowery aura and lends the fragrance something very noble and stems from the iris.

At the same time, the iris is enveloped in a fine, slightly viscous, sweet, almond-like note of tonka bean, which lends the fragrance very fine, gourmand features.

If you take a look at the two notes of the heart note, we automatically get an approximate picture of the fragrance, which surprised me a little bit with Uomo Intense, because the fragrance looks surprisingly masculine and charming, which carries a mischievous smile within it
The heart note is noticeable on my skin for 5 hours before the base asserts itself.

In the base there is a fine, at the same time pleasantly angular note that appears incredibly smooth and is due to the black leather.

The leather is wrapped in a very fine, lovely creamy note, which unites with the leather to form a whole and ensures that the base is pleasantly supple and comes from the vanilla.

In total, the fragrance lasts 8.5 hours on my skin,

The Sillage is conceived from the outset in such a way that one is perceived very clearly at one arm's length and this is maintained also 4 hours in such a way, before it reduces itself in quiet steps, until the smell finally completely fades away
I would like to express my sincere thanks to our perfume "ErhanSaceros" for the sample.
7.0 7.0 8.0 8.0/10

Vocally different
Who smells and evaluates this scent, doesn't necessarily get around to comparing it with Dior Homme Intense, both are too similar and each has a different relationship to it.

Let's see.

Does anyone else know the group Van Halen?
Yeah? Yeah Then you can quickly know what I mean.
No? I guess you don't understand.

From 1978 to 1984 6 albums of this band appeared in original line-up with David Lee Roth as singer.
Then they separated from him and he was replaced by Sammy Hagar.

Even today, people are still discussing whether Van Halen was better with David Lee Roth or with Hagar. There are 2 camps, but it is a fact that the group was very successful with both. For me personally, there are real highlights with both, but the original remains the original cast with the bigger hits.

David Lee Roth was a showman, an acrobat on stage, a provocateur, the pure sex for some ladies.
Sammy Hagar was a pure musician who had been successful solo before or in other bands like Montrose.
It's like that with the two scents here.
The Dior is and remains unmatched, for me real love, it was the first perfume many years ago that really triggered something in me and every perfume after that must be measured against it, especially if it goes in the same direction. My first comment was dedicated to the Dior, a rather trivial one unlike many that followed, but that doesn't change the fact that this is my fragrance.

The Valentino has so much in common, the same rhythm, great solo, everything except the voice to come back to the Van Halen comparison.

The iris dominates, then it goes in a leathery vanilla direction without letting go of the iris. That's also nice and I like it well, but it doesn't reach the original, which is more multifaceted. Critics might say that Valentino will be unimaginative at some point because it's linear, but I think that's ok because the scent is great.

He is like the bottle dark and powdery with sweet leather in the background and holds out well, there's nothing to complain about.
I don't notice much of mandarin at the beginning, I'm immediately dominated by a spicy iris, it remains the lipstick which is then covered with a leather jacket at the end...imitation leather.

Conclusion: I like both, but the original remains unmatched!
8.0 8.0 8.0 8.5/10

A divine scent
Now I have to say something about the Valentino Uomo Intense.
I liked the scent right away.
I tested it at the airport, as well as some others, but the Valentino did it to me immediately, so I stopped the further testing immediately and took 50ml with me.
To the fragrance:
He starts almost herb with the beautiful iris, which I just love.
At the same time pleasantly fresh, even fruity?
The later course then changes to leather and vanilla, which brings variety.
But the iris is always present, which is what I love about this fragrance.
In short, bomb!!!
The shelf life is really above average. My shirt smelled nice the next day, even though I only sprayed 3 times.
I also think the bottle is very chick.
From me, 9 out of 10 points.
10.0 9.0 9.0 10.0/10

Brightstar
Elegant and Classy Fragrance in Jazzy Environment (9.5/10)
Flowery musky and a bit sweet on the scent, gives the mood of elegant and classy. High class scent.

The hold of the scent is nice. It depends on the environment, weather/condition, activity involve, and season of the country.
For non 4-seasons countries, it is very suitable on evening/night and cold/rainy season. The longevity can hold longer (7-8 hours) rather than on day or summer season (5-6 hours).
For the 4-seasons countries, the longevity is better and longer especially on evening/night and fall/winter season (more than 12 hours).

Performance
The performance is not on the spot. It is continuously and gradually. The top notes, its similar to Dior Homme. However, when its go to the middle notes and base notes, the scent is getting stronger and hold better.

It depends on the environment and location. Cold and air-conditioned place give a better sillage performance rather than in the crowd and open places.

Uniqueness
The Valentino Uomo intense is having its own uniqueness. Even it is quite similar to Dior Homme, but its has its own uniqueness which create its own identity and popularity.

Bottle Design
The design is nice. sort of crystal design and its shows the elegance and classy of fragrance.
9.0 8.0 10.0 10.0/10

Just, wow.
In comparing this to Dior Homme Intense, they both start off very similar (lots of iris), though VUI quickly becomes less powdery and more sweet than DHI. A slight zestiness from the mandarin orange and slight mintiness from the clary sage become present (a very slightly fresh orange scent), with the sweetness from the Tonka bean heart coming in quickly to sweeten the iris. After about an hour and a half, DHI is hardly noticeable as a skin scent on my hand (latest formulation), while VUI continues to project strongly. VUI ultimately becomes vanillicly (not a word, I know) sweet, still iris-y but not too much so, and the leather provides an elegantly dark and masculine undertone (very subtle). Ultimately, I love this fragrance. Very classy, strong, masculine, yet has a significant presence of sensitivity. For a well-dressed gentleman. 5 hours later, still a good presence (1 spray), still smells like smooth, sweet, slightly orangey iris. Dry down could function as a good close encounter scent, if not over-applied. 24+ hours later, dry down smells of leather and vanilla with a hint of iris. Pleasant.
8.0 7.0 8.0 6.5/10

Jssfranch
Best Vanilla note in a perfume ever made.
I never buy designer perfumes but I'm seriously considering getting this one.

Yes, it's very similiar to Dior Homme, but the drydown is definetely better. Close to the end, almost all the notes dissapear to leave only a very clean and pure scent of vanilla. Almost organic vanilla, High quality vanilla. It's magic when this happens. I'm getting a bottle.

Emorandeira 88 days ago
Leather/iris combo perfect for those Who are looking for a frag with the Dior homm or givenchy gentleman vibe but more masculine and classic
Jazzy76 163 days ago
Powdery and refined, it smells of old lipsticks for its noticeable iris note. Wonderful its sillage, strong but not heavy. Good for Her too!+2
NicosV 7 months ago
Excelent fragrance. Elegant and intense with great performace. The bottle is awesome.+2
Mike1337 9 months ago
very powdery?
Xanthon 11 months ago
Sweet and sexy. Good longevity and projection. Beautiful piece of art.+3
Rocendroll 13 months ago
[Tak] zapach słodki, ale świeży, elegancki i naprawdę zajebisty
Jesień/zima wieczór?+2
Carlitos01 15 months ago
Sweeter, darker, and better than expected!
Exudes manliness!
It's an alluring champion!
Use on special days (every day is a special day).+9
Brightstar 20 months ago
The top notes is similar to Dior Homme. When its go to the middle notes and base notes, the scent is getting stronger and hold better.+3
Vollbart 3 years ago

by eBOSS
by Ernie824
by Ernie824

Popular Valentino

Valentino Uomo Intense by Valentino Valentino Uomo (Eau de Toilette) by Valentino Valentina by Valentino Valentino Donna (Eau de Parfum) by Valentino V pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Valentino Valentino Uomo Acqua by Valentino Rock 'n Rose (Eau de Parfum) by Valentino Valentina Assoluto by Valentino Very Valentino (Eau de Parfum) by Valentino Vendetta (Eau de Toilette) by Valentino Valentina Acqua Floreale by Valentino Valentino Uomo Noir Absolu by Valentino Valentino Donna Acqua by Valentino V (Eau de Parfum) by Valentino Vendetta pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Valentino Valentino (Eau de Toilette) by Valentino Valentino Donna Rosa Verde by Valentino Rock 'n Rose Couture by Valentino Valentina Oud Assoluto by Valentino Very Valentino for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Valentino