Valentino Uomo Intense (2016)

Valentino Uomo Intense by Valentino

Top 5 in Men's Perfume
Valentino Uomo Intense is a popular perfume by Valentino for men and was released in 2016. The scent is sweet-powdery. Projection and longevity are above-average. It was last marketed by Puig.
Scent goes well with Armani Code Profumo

Sophie Labbé

Top Notes Top NotesClary sage, Mandarin
Heart Notes Heart NotesIris, Tonka bean
Base Notes Base NotesBlack leather, Vanilla

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 25.05.2020.

The face of the advertising campaign is French actor and director Louis Garrel.

I'm finally a big...
Valentino Uomo is a fragrance where I would have actually said a few years ago that this is only for old men. But for the last two or three years, I've been very turned around when it comes to perfume. I still like fragrances that look quite youthful, but I also feel too old for many of the ones I used to have. It's a funny thing, but that's the way it is. I've always been like that, too. I didn't go with the trends and looked for fragrances that weren't omnipresent. And believe it or not, thank God I'm one of those people who never owned and wore One Million. I must confess, I had to have the Versace Eros... "Grin." But not because it is hyped, but because I was looking for a Erstaz for the now aged JPG Le Mal, and I liked it very much because of its horny mint note. But back to our Valentino... I read myself before the purchase and also watched some videos on Youtube to be able to estimate what I will get if I buy blind. Because unfortunately there is no fragrance in any perfumery I had visited. Only the normal Uomo existed, which I also tested once... I have to admit that I liked it right away and I could imagine, even with a little mistrust, how the Intense could smell? Intense does not always mean the same scent DNA, for example Davidoff Cool Water Intense. Due to the consistently positive reviews, I decided to embark on the adventure of blind buying. And away... I don't brew it for a second! Valentino Uomo is for me the epitome of a modern and potent fragrance for men. The bottle alone is a real feast for the eyes that no one can resist! I think that the flacon already says clearly what kind of water it contains. Namely a fragrance that looks so elegant and of such high quality that it could easily come out of your niche. But what can you expect with this bomb? A luxuriously powdery scent of fine leather and delicious vanilla that lasts for an incredibly long time. With me it can last up to 10h+ and more! And the best thing about it is that I am finally old enough to wear it without it looking weird. What I mean to say is that this fragrance is definitely not for boys, but for men with self-confidence and charisma who know what they want. I have definitely discovered a favourite scent here that will accompany me for a very long time
The stormy brother
My first comment :) I write according to feeling.
Figuratively I see two identical twin brothers in the middle age ... good looking ! Charming ! Always top dressed ! Dior and Valentino. Valentino was born 5 minutes before Dior, so he is always teased as the younger brother. Valentino wears leather jacket black jeans stylish hairstyle ...brother Dior also very stylish ... instead he wears black coat black jeans and a stylish hairstyle ...
while Dior Im club mysteriously sits at a table in the back corner and watches the action he charismatically draws the women to him ... he is quiet... thoughtful chooses his words wisely... Valentino meanwhile flirting at the bar and draws the women to him with his mischievous smile ... but never pushy! He has learned from his "older" brothers.
Sniffo
You want to be friends...
...with Valentino uomo Intense.
Because if you claim 4th place in the perfume ranking for men's fragrances, you can't be all bad.
That was my assessment of Valentino Uomo when I sprayed him on the paper strip for the first time. And yes, I could understand at that time what fascination emanated from him. Until then I had only had a few fresh scents, but little experience with iris and leather. Nevertheless I liked the dark and somehow fine flair that this fragrance stands for.
At first you can see a lot of iris, similar to the normal uomo, then the tangerine joins in and gives it a bitter taste. Very noble. In the further course the scent becomes sweeter and (I think) slightly chocolaty. Finally it fades away with leather and vanilla.
I really enjoyed all this and as the cold months came closer and closer, I didn't hesitate to buy a 60ml bottle.
But now the disillusionment. The smell seems to me to hardly go into the air, i.e. the sillage is minimal. Shortly after spraying it on, I notice it already, also in the further process from time to time, but my surroundings seem not. Even my girlfriend, who has always shown a fine nose, could only perceive the scent by sniffing directly at my throat.
VUI, on the other hand, lasts for quite a long time, estimated at six to eight hours.
Therefore I have a hard time to comprehend the Sillage, which is quite well rated here. Is it me? Maybe a reformulation? Or did I get a bad bottle?
Well, anyway...
Since the bad sillage seems to be rather an isolated case, I will disregard it in my recommendation.
Because VUI is basically a great perfume that can be worn by basically all age groups. In fact, I see it more at upscale occasions, but also at parties or smaller gatherings it should still cut a good figure.
Due to its dark character and "chocolatiness" it is more suitable for the colder seasons.
I would also keep the clothes dark, considering the scent character.
A black turtleneck sweater would fit like a glove here. But of course it's only my estimation
LG
Delijafrag33
The smell that brings back memories in me...
My story with the Valentino Uomo Intense started about 3 years ago. After a turbulent time in my love life I met a very beautiful woman about 4 years ago. She happened to be in my area, as she comes from another country and lives over 1000 km away from me. I was from the beginning of her and I loved her, which led to the fact that I spent a lot of time in the car after this meeting... After one year the speedometer of my car showed 55.000 km more, but it was worth it, because the woman was still there... D Almost every second weekend I drove more than 2000 km there and back. You might ask yourself why I was driving and not flying, but I prefer to have control in my own hands and I am not very good friends with the altitude...
Now the first anniversary came and there were presents. :D On this day this beautiful lady introduced me to the VUI and I was very enthusiastic about the fragrance from the beginning, because it was different from the other fragrances I preferred and knew at that time. I was very surprised and at that time I didn't even know that Valentino makes fragrances. When I unpacked the fragrance, I was first impressed by the bottle and after the first spray I was also impressed by the fragrance. The opening begins very strong, fresh and sweet. Some men might be put off by it at the beginning, as it also has a feminine touch. The powdery iris, which joins in shortly afterwards, also contributes to this. But when the leather is added, it becomes clear that this fragrance can be different and is no longer so soft and cuddly, but masculine and distinctive. For me the VUI is a fragrance for special occasions, but in combination with a leather jacket I can imagine it very well. I use the fragrance very sparingly, because nothing more has come out of the 2nd anniversary with the beautiful lady and I would like to enjoy the fragrance a bit longer, because it is also the old batch. From time to time I wear the scent only for me, like tonight for example... VUI brings back nice memories in me, which I don't want to miss in my life and even if there was no happy end with this lady, I love the scent even more..

PerfumePL
Una fragancia muy especial para mi
Sin duda, el perfume que consiguió que me enamorase de este mundo. Un perfume ideal para eventos semiformales, en el que se conviven de forma espectacular una parte oscura con una parte dulce sutíl.

Arman038
Valentino uomo intense>dior homme intense
sweet-powdery scent with good performance. I prefer this above dior homme intense.

Sample this first, don't blindbuy this perfume. Even though that the rating of this fragrance peaks above others, it is definetly not guarenteed that you will love or even like it.

There's a strong leathery smell with a lovely touch of iris. Elegant, warm and sexy are the three best words to describe the scent. I like to wear it in the office, uni or on special occasion.

The performance is great. It stays on me for about 10 to 12 hours with 3 to 4 hours of sillage.

Overall a classy winter fragrance fo a man who knows what he wants.

Pussycat
Valentino Uomo Intense, a perfume often equated with Dior Homme Intense.
From 2020 on, probably not any more, because the Intense has changed noticeably in terms of fragrance - a little fresher and more lively, but a loss of depth and complexity.
Exactly this depth has been preserved in the Valentino.

It has a fruity start or the tangerine is clearly perceptible, as is the clary sage. After the launch, the very dominant iris is immediately joined by the warmth of the tonka bean or vanilla. After the heart note - after 4h, the leather note is added to harmonize male suppleness. But never really present.

The main notes for me are iris, vanilla, and some leather
The durability is very good on my skin, 10 hours and more.
The projection is strong - no people, no interlude man, yet elegantly radiating. Interlude screams all the time, Valentino is loud but still loud. Understand each other :-)
For 6 hours well perceptible.

The fragrance goes very well with colder days as well as with sow weather such as rain and thunderstorms. It radiates a very high elegance and security as well as a great feel-good atmosphere. For a date, for cuddling, for the elegant etc... it is very suitable. Top!
Just a pussycat :-)

The quality also seems to be very good. This is due to the excellent composition of the fragrance, not even the individual ingredients.

In the end, a fragrance that wants to be appreciated and finally has no more Dior competition, because Dior Homme Intense has given up the power struggle in 2020 and has taken new paths.

Valentino Uomo intense, 9ml are still with me, will it be a bottle? Let's see...
Best regards
CanTheManOri
Rocky dress code, with a soft core
Valentino Uomo Intense.
I don't think I'm the only one who had the bottle jabbed right in his eye A real eye-catcher, although you only have black and white tones.
The perfect example of a human being who radiates an aura but doesn't have to do anything great for it.

Same with the smell.
Elegant, understated.
Powdery just like the brother from Givenchy.
They have a lot in common, but they are still different.

They're like identical twins.
If you know one and get to know the other, you would say they are the same.
But when testing and getting to know each other you will notice that the characters are different.

The Valentino starts sweeter and pulls the sweet one to the end.

I'm not a professional but a newcomer, maybe even an amateur and I can't describe the scent process exactly, but I find the scent process of Valentino unspectacular.

It starts out sweet and develops a powdery texture that continues until the end.
Like a cuddly blanket that you put over yourself in winter, this fragrance also feels like a blanket on colder days.

Warm, cozy and beautiful.
You take the scent yourself all the time but it doesn't bother me.
I feel good when I am on my way to a date and the scent wafts into my nose.

For me a fragrance that should not be missing in any collection.
You can wear the fragrance very well on colder days.
However, I wouldn't use it as an everyday scent, but on special occasions.

The price for this fragrance is more than justified and can keep up with, if not exceed, expensive niche fragrances.

I have received many compliments for this fragrance
Winter feel-good factor
Last November I ordered the Valentino Uomo Intense blindly, based on recommendations. Happy and at the same time excited, I tried it right after the postman brought it to me. I must admit that I really don't like the smell at first. It smells sweet and quite pleasant but has not knocked me off my feet for a while. Sprayed it on my wrist again before I left the house to see how it develops and I must say I was really impressed. I find the development of the fragrance to a sweet-powdery note and the discreet leather content simply outstanding. Every time I wear the fragrance, I have to smell my scarf/jumper regularly, because it simply gives me a very pleasant feeling and that's exactly what I wanted in advance - a winter fragrance with a feel-good factor.
Not recommended on warmer days in my opinion, rather dressed up a little more stylishly in the cold season.
Comments from the ladies are very positive throughout - durability and sillage very good.

Carlitos01
An alluring and dark satanic iris
I would like to call this perfume Dior Homme Intense Intense.
I almost don't notice the listed top notes in this perfume. After spraying I get almost immediately a dark iris blended with a very sweet tonka. It's a hell of a scent to start with. The fragrance makes a clear statement with those two notes and for me it's the perfume DNA. The dark satanic iris is amplified by the sweet tonka. You dont get neither this dark iris sweet strenght nor the same amount of projection with Dior Homme Intense. I also don't get the same type of dark woods that I may experience with Dior Homme Parfum.
After a while, the fragrance slowly becomes even darker with a faint animalic and smoky touch - maybe due to the dark leather note. The recurring sweetness is amplified a bit as well but it evolves to a different type of sweetness. I believe that it's only the result of this particular bottom vanilla note, but I scent vibes of coffee and chocolate within the reigning dark sweetness.
It's a fantastic alluring scent that is widely supported by a well above average performance. I don't have any complaints with its longevity - about 8~10 hours with 3 sprays - and its sillage - about 8~10 feet, with more than 2.5 hours of solid projection.
The dry down offers you a disappearing iris and a fainting darkness, but keeps alive the spicy sweetness. This stage is still a bit powdery but in a more creamy way.
I can't help recalling a familial resemblance with what could be an intense and sweeter Dior Homme Intense. Maybe it is just my nose, but I detect a familiar similar vibe in the younger Uomo Signature from Salvatore Ferragamo. This one just misses the iris note.
How can I rate this classy "enfant terrible" from Valentino?
________________________________________________________________________________________________
Scent Opening:..........10,0 (the best iris on the market for me)
Scent Drydown:.........10.0 (marvelous smooth, long and creamy drydown)
Longevity:....................9.0 (up to 10 hours in my skin, with 3 sprays)
Sillage:..........................8.5 (8+ feet sillage with 2.5 hours of solid projection)
Uniqueness:................8.5 (an iris interpretation different from Dior)
Wearability:.................8.0 (avoid hot weather)
Versatility:...................8.5 (quite versatile; exclude the seaside and the gym and you are in business)
Compliments:.............9.5 (a compliment magnet without any doubts)
Quality:......................10.0 (well above average quality ingredients and performance)
Presentation:.............9.0 (Elegant and discrete... and heavy)
Price:...........................7.5 (currently around €65.00 for the 100 ml flask + shipping).
Overall rating: 8,96/10.00
between 7 and 8 =above average;
between 8 and 9 = recommended;
bigger than 9 = don't miss it;
Opinion: The price rating is the main cause for the overall rating being inferior to 9. This fragrance is a true masterpiece.
Recommended? It depends on your budget or in the way you value perfumes. If your taste is similar to mine, it's a clear yes. The possible iris alternatives - with equivalent quality - have either a similar or a bigger price.
Blind buy worthy? Not really due to the high price, Try it first.

Music: Mark Knopfler - Going Home Wild Theme from "Local Hero" motion picture.

KimJongKimJong 177 days ago
VU has Big Dick Energy. How can we not say it's already a legend? VU will surely be the fragrance that reminds us of this era.
EmorandeiraEmorandeira 10 months ago
Leather/iris combo perfect for those Who are looking for a frag with the Dior homm or givenchy gentleman vibe but more masculine and classic
Jazzy76Jazzy76 13 months ago
Powdery and refined, it smells of old lipsticks for its noticeable iris note. Wonderful its sillage, strong but not heavy. Good for Her too!
NicosVNicosV 14 months ago
Excelent fragrance. Elegant and intense with great performace. The bottle is awesome.
Mike1337Mike1337 17 months ago
very powdery?
XanthonXanthon 19 months ago
Sweet and sexy. Good longevity and projection. Beautiful piece of art.
RocendrollRocendroll 20 months ago
[Tak] zapach słodki, ale świeży, elegancki i naprawdę zajebisty
Jesień/zima wieczór?
Carlitos01Carlitos01 23 months ago
Sweeter, darker, and better than expected!
Exudes manliness!
It's an alluring champion!
Use on special days (every day is a special day).
BrightstarBrightstar 2 years ago
The top notes is similar to Dior Homme. When its go to the middle notes and base notes, the scent is getting stronger and hold better.
VollbartVollbart 3 years ago
Similar to Dior Homme Intense. But I like the Valentino Uommo Intense more !

by TimPlacid
by Ernie824
by WitDeBois
by WitDeBois

Popular Valentino

Valentino Donna Noir Absolu by Valentino Valentino Uomo (Eau de Toilette) by Valentino V pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Valentino Valentino Uomo Noir Absolu by Valentino Valentino (Eau de Toilette) by Valentino Valentino Donna (Eau de Parfum) by Valentino Valentino Donna Rosa Verde by Valentino Valentino Donna Acqua by Valentino Vendetta pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Valentino Valentina Assoluto by Valentino Valentino Uomo Acqua by Valentino Vendetta (Eau de Toilette) by Valentino Valentina Oud Assoluto by Valentino Valentina by Valentino Rock 'n Rose Couture by Valentino Vendetta (Parfum) by Valentino Very Valentino (Eau de Parfum) by Valentino Valentina Pink by Valentino Valentino Noir Absolu Oud Essence by Valentino Valentina Poudre by Valentino