Very Valentino 1998Eau de Parfum

Very Valentino (Eau de Parfum) by Valentino
Bottle Design Pierre Dinand
Very Valentino (Eau de Parfum) is a perfume by Valentino for women and was released in 1998. The scent is floral-fresh. It was last marketed by Procter & Gamble / Metropolitan Cosmetics.

Daniela Andrier

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Tarragon, Magnolia, Lily-of-the-valley, Mandarin orange, Orange, Blackcurrant, Citrus fruits
Heart Notes Heart NotesWoody notes, Jasmine, Rose, Rosemary, Violet
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Musk, Sandalwood, Vanilla

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 29.09.2020.

DonJuanDeCat
And the perfume is a daily pain in the ass!
Hey, guys, what's up? I'm back and I brought you a new scent book! Well, well, well, you've been waiting for me all this time, haven't you? ... tsss... unfortunately you probably only waited for my comments and not for myself, argh... I'll never write again!!!!!

Oh... well okay, maybe I can write one or two more comics, but after that NEVER AGAIN, mu ha ha ha ha ha :DD
Anyway, today it's all about Very Valentino EDP by Valentino, a fragrance that is already 22 years old and is now unfortunately only available at top prices. Anyway, a perfuma here wanted me to test and describe this fragrance, which is one of her favorite scents. Since about three years she was annoyed with it already, but unfortunately she forgot to send these scents as a sample during sample shipments :D

Now, however, these scents were actually in her package, so I have to test them, if only because she asks me about them every day ("Have you finally tested it????????").
I have no choice but to put the scent on my arm... :D

All right, here we go. Since I got both the EDP and the EDT as a sample (as if she wanted to make sure that I test one of them in any case :D), I applied both fragrances, one fragrance per arm, to compare them! And now it starts.

The smell:
The fragrance starts out fresh and slightly citrusy with notes of bergamot and tangerine, but there are also tart green notes, I think that could be tarragon. I also smell a slight spiciness that reminds me of pepper, albeit only slightly radiating.
Then you have to deal with a lot of flowery sweetness, for me as a botanical banana-boy these smells are more difficult to distinguish than maybe with you, but I would spontaneously tap lily of the valley, some roses, and a lot of beautiful and powdery-sweet violets. Compared to the EDT, this scent seems to me to radiate a little weaker.
This peppery note from the beginning, which seemed spicy to me, is probably a woody spice after all, because the fragrance gets a nice, soft woody note from the middle part on, which harmonizes especially well with the flowery-sweet scents.
Also nice and sweet is the amber-musk mix, from which I can smell the amber a little better than the musk. In the heart note this mix is much more intense and is then also better smelling than the floral sweetness. In the fragrance description it also says here that among other things rosemary is included, but somehow I can't really find it, which is a pity because I like the scent of rosemary very much. By the way, you can smell the rosemary a bit with the EDT version of the fragrance! In the base not much changes, except that the amber is now weaker and you can now smell the musk out better.
A nice scent, which unfortunately turned out to be a bit too weak.

The Sillage and the durability:
The Sillage turned out a bit weak, I had the feeling that the surrounding scent cloud was relatively small. This is one of the biggest differences to the EDT, because the EDT has a quite good sillage. The shelf life is six to eight hours, but even a few hours before that the scent is only relatively weak on the skin, which is a pity.

The bottle! The bottle is rectangular with a slightly curved base. The fragrance liquid is yellowish, the trapezoidal cap milky. The label is usually printed directly on the bottle and is transparent or has no background. All in all, it's a beautiful, but slightly simple bottle.

Conclusion:
All right, the perfume that has been bugging me for three years with these scents was right. Very Valentino is a really nice fragrance that smells very pleasant, and it also has the advantage that it doesn't smell too much like summer or too much like winter, making it an all-rounder that you could use at any time.

It simply smells beautifully feminine, but without looking old-fashioned, it somehow fits for everyone, moreover you can use it daily as well as for going out. The differences to the EDT may not be that big at first sight, but if I had the choice, I would definitely go for the EDT instead of the EDP here, because the EDT is simply more beautiful and above all smells much more intense and lasts longer, but I will describe the EDT in more detail soon.

But either way, both fragrances are very nice scents, and I would definitely recommend to try them, if you can find them at all...

*sigh* ... the EDT is coming soon as I said... :DD

Well, that's it. Have a nice evening and see you next time :)

Avoirdupois
My favourite for a while ~~ a crisp fragrance with a deep, woody end.
Citrus, florals, musk and woods... a classic combination expertly melded together by the perfumer for Valentino.

This is an excellent sophisticated choice of fragrance; nothing juvenile or immature about it. A well-developed combination of oils with high longevity. I truly looked forward to spraying this one on.

Not sure why, but after a time I veered away, perhaps because I sought a more exotic, oriental scent. Or maybe because it's prmarily a lady's perfume and I'm a guy ! And perhaps oddly, I didn't try Very Valentino for Men !

Eau de Parfum
by Lilau
by Annkom
by Annkom

Popular Valentino

Valentino Uomo Intense by Valentino Valentino Uomo (Eau de Toilette) by Valentino V pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Valentino Valentino Donna Noir Absolu by Valentino Valentino Uomo Noir Absolu by Valentino Valentino Donna (Eau de Parfum) by Valentino Valentino (Eau de Toilette) by Valentino Valentino Donna Rosa Verde by Valentino Valentino Donna Acqua by Valentino Very Valentino (Eau de Toilette) by Valentino Vendetta pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Valentino Vendetta (Eau de Toilette) by Valentino Valentino Uomo Acqua by Valentino Valentina Assoluto by Valentino Valentino Noir Absolu Oud Essence by Valentino Valentina Oud Assoluto by Valentino Valentina by Valentino Rock 'n Rose Couture by Valentino Valentina Poudre by Valentino Rock 'n Rose (Eau de Parfum) by Valentino