Valentina 2011

Version from 2011
Valentina (2011) by Valentino
Valentina (2011) is a perfume by Valentino for women and was released in 2011. The scent is floral-sweet. It was last marketed by Puig.

Top Notes Top NotesCalabrian bergamotCalabrian bergamot White Alba truffleWhite Alba truffle
Heart Notes Heart NotesJasmineJasmine Amalfi orange blossom TuberoseTuberose Woodland strawberryWoodland strawberry
Base Notes Base NotesCedarCedar AmberAmber

Submitted by Lilau, last update on 31.03.2022.

2 in-depth fragrance descriptions
The Emotional
I am often insecure on the inside, but I don't show that on the outside.
I am strong for those who need me.
I am empathetic and sensitive.
I provide comfort when you're not feeling well.
I am gentle, but always myself. I have my line.
I'm with you all day and make you feel comfortable.
I don't impose, but I am noticed.
I'm Valentina.

Valentina is the perfect fragrance for a woman who feels more fragile than she is. A woman who would defend her loved ones like a lioness and walk through fire for them. Valentina is emotion.

This floral creamy powder scent is not a whopper. He is a quiet water and they are known to be deep
An elegant - sweet daydream
At first I wasn't interested in Valentina at all.
But then I thought, as I was again making a foray through the perfumery during my break, a test wouldn't hurt.

By pressing the spray head, the sweet-floral, delicately fruity and very powdery fragrance made me dive into a room in baroque style while dreaming.

I had an image in my head. Of a bright, light-filled room. There were stucco mouldings on the walls and a large cream-coloured dressing table was standing in the corner.
On the dressing table stood an opened powder compact with a tassel and small bottles of exquisite perfume. Heavy velvet curtains hung from the open windows and a fine fragrance of jasmine, orange blossom and tuberose filled the room.
In the middle of the room there was a small table, with a marble top and short, turned, gold lacquered table legs. On it stood a bowl with fresh, sweet-smelling strawberries. On a sofa covered with the finest brocade fabric sat a porcelain doll. She was dressed in opulent jacquard. I took her in my hand and a vanilla sweet rose in my nose.
Slowly the picture faded and I awoke from my daydream.
But since then I love Valentina and I feel completely comfortable with her She is so fine and elegant, but unfortunately also quite entertaining.
Still, it was love at first sight And every time I wear Valentina, the first time I spray it I think of this baroque room.
Silage+shelf life
Valentina is with me like a powdery sweet breeze and only has a good silage for a short time, then it will quickly become skinny.
It's the same with durability.
On the clothes I notice it still in the evening, on the skin unfortunately not after about 5 hours.

Still, I like wearing Valentina Especially in spring, that's when the fragrance (for my feeling) comes into its own best.
Ordinary
The smell that doesn't stand out. Clean, tidy, cultivated. the fragrance suits the young woman but also the elegant lady. Light spice, floral note. The bottle with the flowers may seem a bit kitschy, but it is a sweet idea. Always a Valentina in your handbag!
Just beautiful...
Valentina, the name is already beautiful ... and I feel just as beautiful this enchanting scent.

I perceive it as the fragrance of a romantic, lovable, tender and dreamy woman who doesn't want to be the center of attention all the time and defines herself through admiration of others.
A woman who likes to dress feminine and who treats her child(s) lovingly and respectfully with all other fellow human beings. The favorite pudding cooks and sometimes not perfectly styled to the baker goes.

It's flowery, sweet and doesn't go through much of a change of scent.
It is well balanced from the beginning and very flattering.
A warm, cuddly, security-mediating fragrance.
Vanilla makes it cuddly. I can't sniff strawberry.
Albat truffle - how does it smell, ... i don't know.

When I wear it, it tempts me to constantly sniff at my wrist, somehow keep my hair in motion so that I can catch the scent and also to constantly stroll to my perfume cupboard to marvel at this enchanting bottle again.

'La Dolce Vita'
While certainly not groundbreaking Valentina by Valentino is a really lovely, creamy white floral. I'm always attracted to fragrances with Tuberose in them and this one is not disappointing.

With Alberto Morillas and Olivier Cresp at the helm, one wonders why this fragrance isn't phenomenal, whilst being extremely lovely.
The truffle in the top feeding off the Vanilla in the base presents the nose with a 'gelato' feel for just a little while (quite pleasant if you like ice-cream) but quickly moves on to the white florals, the Jasmine and Orange Blossom a little over run by the Tuberose, which one would expect. This is definitely one for lovers of that intense flower, but does remind of a few recent releases featuring this note ... Madonna's Truth or Dare being one.
Sillage and longevity are average, but then my skin is never one to really judge by :). I see that an 'assoluto' version has also been released and credited solely to Cresp. I haven't tried it but have the sneaky suspicion that it would probably be more up my street, with the addition of Patchouli.

This is a lovely place to start when approaching the world of modern Tuberose scents ... I'm very pleased that I had the opportunity of trying it.

2 short views on the fragrance
ScentilityScentility 2 years ago
I just can’t stop smelling my wrist! Valentina is delicious, delicate and powdery scent. It’s like smelling an expensive box of chocolates.
TruckladyTrucklady 3 years ago
Coutureguru is right -why isn't this fantastic?? Just seems to fly below any worthwhile radar, sadly.

Images

21 fragrance photos of the community
More images

Popular by Valentino

Valentino Uomo Intense (2016) by Valentino Valentino Uomo Intense by Valentino Valentino Donna Rosa Verde by Valentino Valentino Uomo (2014) (Eau de Toilette) by Valentino V pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Valentino Valentino Uomo Noir Absolu by Valentino Valentino Donna Noir Absolu by Valentino Valentino Donna (2015) (Eau de Parfum) by Valentino Valentino (Eau de Toilette) by Valentino Vendetta pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Valentino Very Valentino (Eau de Toilette) by Valentino Valentino Donna Acqua by Valentino Valentino Noir Absolu Oud Essence by Valentino Valentina Assoluto by Valentino Valentina Oud Assoluto by Valentino Valentino Uomo Acqua by Valentino Valentino Donna Born In Roma (Eau de Parfum) by Valentino Vendetta (Eau de Toilette) by Valentino Valentina Poudre by Valentino Voce Viva (Eau de Parfum) by Valentino