Valentino Donna 2015 Eau de Parfum

Version from 2015
Valentino Donna (2015) (Eau de Parfum) by Valentino
Valentino Donna (2015) (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Valentino for women and was released in 2015. The scent is floral-sweet. It was last marketed by Puig.

Top Notes Top NotesCalabrian bergamotCalabrian bergamot
Heart Notes Heart NotesBulgarian damask roseBulgarian damask rose
Italian iris pallidaItalian iris pallida
Base Notes Base NotesItalian leatherItalian leather
Indonesian patchouliIndonesian patchouli
VanillaVanilla

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 27.11.2021.

Antheavl
Another beautiful perfume ruined by reformulation
I smelled this when it first came out and loved it. The lasting power and sillage were great, and it was a beautiful, powdery, feminine fragrance. Very classy. I recently decided to buy a bottle (from an authorised dealer). What a let down. This has been reformulated and it is so watered down. Hardly any sillage and abysmal lasting power, even on clothes. So disappointing. I am becoming more and more disillusioned with modern designer fragrances, the quality just isn’t there anymore. My rating is for the original.

Italian charm
A masterpiece of Italian charm and class.

The rose here is a sophisticated, enchanting Princess courtshipped by a somewhat green, fresh iris. The leather a caress, the patchouli demure and delicate.
Every note here is in sublime balance in what I can only compare to a Valentino evening dress. Absolute delight and highly recommended to all leatherose lovers.

I tried it against Moonlight Patchouli of Van Cleef and can't fault neither of them. The former more "about a rose", pungent if you wish, the latter a persistent yet suave version of it.

Lovely, and that's all said.
Rose leather
"Valentino Donna" starts off immediately for me - as it probably does for many others - with leather, sweet leather, honeyed leather. I christen this "leather honey". Gradually, the scent evolves towards rose leather. The two are so well "interwoven" that I can hardly separate them, even when I perceive both. It occurs to me that leather and rose were tanned together and are therefore so inseparable. It's a dark red velvet rose, by the way. I also have the idea of a saddle soaked in rose oil as I go along. The whole thing is spicy, dark, enveloping, warming and a bit tart and above all beautiful. The honey has long since flowed away. The bergamot from the top note only makes a flash appearance and so I don't even notice it until the fourth time I spray it on. The iris can not assert itself on my skin as well as the patchouli. The vanilla gives itself finally and also only very densely over the skin still to recognize.

So far, I have exclusively favoured light soft (game) leather fragrances, if at all. But there seems to have been a change in the meantime, "Mont de Narcisse" has me so well liked.

Ui Leather
Looking for a new fragrance, I stormed into a perfume store. Valentino Donna I researched on the Internet, would be the hit.
So I let the perfume spray on my skin and was really thrilled by the top note, floral to marzipan really exciting ... but before I buy a perfume I let it work on the skin and sniff it again and again...
but then later only the base note of leather came to the fore .
I only smelled leather leather leather...
Very disappointing for me!
Donna sotto le Stelle
Between 1993 and 2003 the glamorous event "Donna sotto le Stelle" took place annually at the end of the Roman Fashion Week.
A delicacy for all TV viewers in love with fashion; also the Bayerischer Rundfunk relied at that time on this quota bringer in the early evening program of a Sunday; usually then the first autumn touch was already in the air.
The sky above the Spanish Stairs in Rome was deep blue and often the stars really showed up there.
The technology became so good in the course of the ten years that the centre of this event - the staircase and the square in front of it - was well illuminated, but the natural spectacle was not influenced by floods of light.

I love the flair of the "Scala di Spagna" on a warm summer's day; the impressive main staircase made of originally white marble with its somewhat less conspicuous side stairs.
The Piazza di Spagna is located at the foot of this magnificent staircase, with its centre: the "Fontana delle Barcaccia" by Pietro Bernini. This fountain was built after a stranded boat and is still today in summer evenings the meeting point of the young Romans and probably also tourists.
The view from the piazza, up the Spanish Staircase, is impressive in itself: a stone-made link between heaven and earth.
It is crowned by the church of Santissima Trinità dei Monti, with one of the numerous obelisks in the foreground.
On the right is still the single palm tree that directs the view to the "Hotel Hassler Roma": in my time it was still called "Hotel Hassler Villa Medici"; a meeting point for international stars and still worth a visit due to the restaurant on the almost completely glazed upper floor.
This entire ensemble is a work of art made of stone - and yet a living photograph.
Yes, I love the Spanish Staircase: no matter whether it is equated by many with "Schickimicki"!
This is part of my Italian soul; a tendency towards heart-warming kitsch!

And I especially loved this midsummer event: a parade of beautiful women in beautiful robes under a fantastic summer sky - just: "Donna sotto le Stelle"!
The finale and the undisputed climax were always Valentino's creations: what were the color paintings in silk and organza; how much wearable beauty floated over the steps of this staircase!
Valentino himself, greeted as a kind of "God-father", usually ended this luxurious feast for the eyes under "standing ovations"!

Oh, Valentino: how beautiful and dressing were his creatures in the nineties!
How unpleasantly touched I am when I see the unironed fabric sleeves that the fashion dolls display in the Berlin flagship store on Kurfürstendamm. (Due to my orthopedist I am there more often.)
Many small boutiques in the side streets iron their goods before they are exhibited; some even have a staff member who does the ironing and also makes minor changes!
What a difference it makes to portray and appreciate the creations of other people: at least that's how I feel!

The fragrance creations of this still charismatic man do not have it easy with me: my heart is attached to his first fragrance creation - everlasting Love!
It simply bore the name "Valentino" and a dark red tassel adorned the elegant, slim clear glass bottle with round cap.
In Germany "my fragrance" was taken off the market to make room for "Vendetta".
Even if the photos to this advertisement reflected a lot of passion; "Vendetta" could not assert itself as hoped.
In the nineties, on the occasion of the "Christmas Shopping" weekends in Milan, I had supplied myself with my favourite fragrance; there it was still in stores and still popular.

Recently I met here "Valentino Donna Noir Absolu", a very dear "Parfumista" left me a bottling.
I also dedicated a commentary to this fragrance composition (as well as to the "classic").
This lady is a bit too big for me: she was allowed to travel to the coast.
Valentino Donna, on the other hand, is charming and feminine.
Girlfriends of powdery fragrances, should definitely make the acquaintance of this lady.
Once again the impressive iris makes sure of that; here her powder puff is even welcome to me.
Bergamot smiles friendly and bright as a greeting; this is how the fragrant rose makes its impressive appearance!
"Rose women" as I used to be, feel immediately addressed: this rose fragrance is simply magical - vibrant, luminous and tremendously feminine!
So here this splendour of roses meets soft leather. Anyone who has ever been to the big leather goods store in Via Veneto (oh, does that still exist?) knows what special leather scent I mean.
Full leather! Flattering the senses, caressing the skin: as glove and bag more than just a piece of jewellery!
Also in "Valentino Donna" this leather adorns itself; vanilla nestles to it, warm and cuddly and immediately luring.
Rose, leather and vanilla: here the simple seduction ABC of Aphrodite has been implemented in a fragrant way.
The golden beauty of Patchouli is used here once as a highlight: the fragrance defilee finds an impressive, brilliant finale!
An elegant fireworks display is ignited; just like at the finale of the fashion presentation mentioned above!

The warm female skin is the ideal stage for this fragrance; it is the "Spanish Staircase" for this Donna.
The flowery, but not too sweet aroma develops quite quickly; it soon becomes deeper and more sensual.
The leather can't hold itself back too long: it has to lift its head to at least hold its place next to the "Donna Rosa".
The shelf life of Valentino Donna is average, but it is possible to spray it without getting an unpleasant fragrance.
A densely woven veil thus lays over the now finer of the existing fragrance beauty.

"Valentino Donna" is a tribute to the woman in general: this fragrance artwork pays homage to her.
If we consider that "Madonna" in the Renaissance was the polite salutation for the woman of the house, for the mistress, the name here is program.
The woman's tribute here was a success!

Classics well revisited
I like this one, is wearable, easygoing, correct, contemporary but root in classic powdery scents. It is mixing in one scent several trends: iris powdery scents, rose and patchouli chypres, sweet fruity vanilla and soft leather choices. So I wouldn't be surprised that many different perfume lovers will like it. I'm sure it would be a success just if it lasted enough.
The iris is very prominent at the beginning mixed with a bit of bergamot, after a feminine soft rose, a subtle leather and a sweet vanilla appear to stay there up to the drydown where patchouli makes itself present without being dominant at any point.

Polite, office daytime perfume.

Just a pity it doesn't last on me more than three hours.

TruckladyTrucklady 2 years ago
Needs a little sass to make me seek it out more often than I do. Oh-so-Lolita's-grown-up!
Jazzy76Jazzy76 3 years ago
Feminine and refined, it smells of lipstick and the rose is made more powdery by the orris note. Discrete sillage and very precious bottle

by Zelena
by CandyScent
by Mieke92
by Mieke92

Popular Valentino

Valentino Uomo Intense (2016) by Valentino Valentino Uomo (2014) (Eau de Toilette) by Valentino V pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Valentino Valentino Donna Rosa Verde by Valentino Valentino Uomo Noir Absolu by Valentino Valentino Donna Noir Absolu by Valentino Valentino (Eau de Toilette) by Valentino Vendetta pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Valentino Very Valentino (Eau de Toilette) by Valentino Valentino Donna Acqua by Valentino Valentino Uomo Acqua by Valentino Valentina Assoluto by Valentino Valentino Uomo Intense by Valentino Valentina (2011) by Valentino Vendetta (Eau de Toilette) by Valentino Valentina Oud Assoluto by Valentino Valentino Noir Absolu Oud Essence by Valentino Rock 'n Rose Couture by Valentino Voce Viva (Eau de Parfum) by Valentino Valentino Donna Born In Roma (Eau de Parfum) by Valentino