Valentino Uomo 2014 Eau de Toilette

Version from 2014
Valentino Uomo (2014) (Eau de Toilette) by Valentino
Valentino Uomo (2014) (Eau de Toilette) is a popular perfume by Valentino for men and was released in 2014. The scent is sweet-gourmand. It was last marketed by Puig.
Goes well with #Tobacco Collection - Rich/Warm/Addictive

Olivier Polge

Top Notes Top NotesBergamotBergamot MyrtleMyrtle
Heart Notes Heart NotesCoffeeCoffee Gianduja creamGianduja cream
Base Notes Base NotesWhite leatherWhite leather CedarCedar

Submitted by Michael, last update on 02.09.2022.

10 in-depth fragrance descriptions
Minimum distance 1,5m - impossible with this scent
If I could talk my husband into a signature scent, this would be it. My, that's a great man scent. I don't know if it's the combination of coffee and leather, I'm getting a nice dark chocolate with 80% cocoa. A masculine rough and at the same time tender warm sweetness, which is not obtrusive. A perfume that women can also use well. Wearable in every season and for every occasion. You will never tease or set an alarm with this fragrance. One feels comfortable with this fragrance. I promise A similarity to Dior homme is unmistakable, but I find this fragrance more pleasing and quieter here. The sweet notes here are also warm and sophisticated.
It's hard to keep my distance with this perfume. I'm magically drawn to it.
Not to be overlooked is also this extraordinarily beautiful flacon. This is where we really came up with something. As noble as the perfume.
Coffee flavoured nougat dessert
Dear perfume friends, I wish you all at the same time to the 20.perfume Advent calendar door a beautiful 4th Advent. Today hides this wintry men's fragrance behind it, Valentino Uomo, the second fragrance that I will give away this year for Christmas.

Do you know it too? The colder and darker the days get, the greasier and richer the food has to be too. In winter, I don't want a fresh cucumber salad and all the more want the steaming stew, preferably extra spicy. My current obsession is instant coffee. I'm sure the baristas and avid coffee drinkers among you are slapping their hands together at this point, but I've never been a coffee drinker, can't stand the caffeine. I preferred the strong beans in the form of chocolate bars. But now I also like them liquid, decaf, instant, 2 spoonfuls of sugar, sometimes honey, oat milk and preferably around 5pm. That sounds worse than from Starbucks, one or the other will say, but I like it.

And exactly so it behaves with this fragrance: I got to know him when I fished from large bay a men's bottling package. As a good Flaconesse you have to finally educate yourself in every field and this time the lesson was called men's fragrances. By the way: some of them I wear myself, as you already know, so you never know where the new favorite, the next great discovery will come from. So Valentino Uomo was included in the package and I liked it right away. Truly not a lofty fragrance of intellectual perfumery art, but it smells above all one thing: simply good.

Gourmandig sweet, enveloping, with subtle coffee note, which reminds me more of a dessert, than of the said hot drink. Such a beautiful fragrance must not be missing in my collection, but since my budget for this month was already used up, I came up with a smart idea: I just give it away for Christmas and that to my boyfriend. He has certainly nothing against it, if I him for you Unboxe and me from time to time a spray steal, because he liked him at the first Antesten just as.

When the fragrance arrived, here in a gift set with matching shower gel, I was surprised by the value of the box. The light brown cardboard has a diamond-like embossing and is a boon for every haptic. The logo shines in the middle, golden writing on a black background. The bottles inside make an equally noble impression. The 50mL flacon of the eau de toilettes is secured at the spray head as there is no lid. The glass has the same slightly thicker texture as the cardboard, feels good in the hand and has an interesting feel. The liquid shines through with a brownish tint, and the company logo shines from a badge on the front. And also the plastic shower gel bottle does not look cheap.

The spray head of the flacon is easy to operate, admittedly, the side could be a little finer. Immediately surrounds me a slightly herbaceous, spicy opening, this must be the myrtle, with subtle bergamot freshness, which merely colors the background. Then the gourmand sweet heart opens: a creamy dessert of coffee-flavored giandujanougat cream, gourmet nutella, so to speak. So the fragrance lingers for some time, indulgent, enveloping, before fading out over a subtly woody, finely tuned leather base.

For me, a fragrance that fits quite wonderfully into everyday winter wear. Less as a work companion, where he would not stand out here disturbingly, but rather suitable as a leisure, cuddle, sleep and feel-good fragrance and he is 100% unisex. What I appreciate about the men's sourmands is the spice that is often brought out more, the depth that appears as a counter to the sweet notes and makes the scent more interesting than it often is with the women's versions. Because many of the ladies gourmand declared as such seem to me too sweet, too flat.

Valentino Uomo has risen in the short time we've known each other to become one of my top three favorite designer winter men's fragrances, along with Le Male Le Parfum and Dior Homme Intense. In terms of fragrance feel, it has parallels with the latter, but seems less elegant, but enveloping-creamy.

Now I hope the presentee will be happy in 4 days about the fragrant gift, otherwise I just enjoy him myself, snuggled on the sofa in the afternoon with instant coffee.

Your Flaconesse

Bernado77
The subtle macho gourmand who may not be one..
It starts quietly and less obtrusively than most gourmands, is it even a gourmand? I'm not sure! While other Gourmands make no secret of the purpose for which they were created, this one doesn't fill the rooms with Nesquick or milk slice flavors and flood the olfactory nerves of everyone standing within 10 meters, maybe it's also due to the dosage of many Gourmands fans, I don't know.. with this fragrance I smell sugared bergamot after spraying it on and I smell something tonka bean like, even though there's actually none in it, is it that gianduja cream that I really need to try if it tastes as good as it smells here? I smell something berry-like and the whole thing is very natural and paradoxically still modern and slightly pleasantly synthetic! I like it, it is it in friendly not exaggerated fragrance, none of the fraction "ey isch have perfume only dran because I want tonight a Wegflanken", like YSL La Nuit or 1 Million or YPG Le Male to it is too restrained
My last gourmand...??
Especially in autumn and winter I'm, like many here, a fan of sweet scents. After I already had Dior Homme on my screen, I became aware of Valentino Uomo on several YouTube channels. However, the greater attention was paid to the 2016 Uomo Intense and so I decided to test it on occasion.
The opportunity arose in late summer at the Southhampton airport in duty free. But there the spray head of the VU Intense was broken and so I test the original version, which is the winner of the German perfume award "DUFTSTARS" 2015. ;-)
My impression after spraying on: at first surprisingly fresh with a quick iris note, which I personally like (although not listed here). Since I tested other scents, I put the test strip aside for the time being.
At home I pulled out the test strip again and was enthusiastic about this creamy coffee sweetness paired with the iris and slightly tart leather.
The fragrance landed immediately on my wish list and in September then in my collection. In October it finally got so cool that I wanted to put on the scent.
Since then, however, I have been struggling because the sweetness from the transition to the heart note seems excessive, almost intrusive and also very synthetic to me. I have already experienced something similar with the Ferragamo Uomo or with Mugler A* Men Pure Malt.
Since then I have been wondering if I am currently experiencing a change in my sense of smell or if it is perhaps due to the scents and the synthetics. Is it perhaps my last Gourmand fragrance, because I can no longer bear the exaggerated sweetness?
Basically I'm not a fan of the big performance monsters but prefer a lighter subtle fragrance. The base at Valentino Uomo pleases me after a few hours but again very well.
So I'm gonna let the Valentino move on and maybe test one of his brothers.
I haven't completely given up on the gourmand yet.
CalisThenx
Mhhhm I love chocolate, although I don't like it...
A couple of months ago, I was hooked on the passion for scent, but how. I used to have a fable for perfumes when I was a youngster, then nothing happened for 15 years and by "stupid" coincidence I slipped back into the land of fragrances and that coincidence was this little masterpiece here. I sniffed a lot of perfumes and got a lot of perfumes and each of them has that certain something, but this one did it to me, it was love at first sniff. The first time in a perfumery I smelled and baäääm, I thought I was in Willi Wonka's chocolate factory, who invited his leather-clad biker buddies to his specially built into the factory coffee roastery.

But first of all butter for the fish, first of all I smell a lot of fresh, especially through the bergamot. The top note lasts quite long as I think and is very pleasant. But what stands out most is the bitter smell of coffee. And I don't mean just any cheap coffee, but freshly ground coffee from Colombia that is brewed with hot water and has an absolutely heavenly smell. Absolutely wonderful, I always feel like having a drink.

Chocolate is not really mine right now, neither the scent nor to eat, but here it melts with the coffee to a creamy scent that sends me to dreamland. Yes, it is quite sweet, but it is an unobtrusive and not too heavy sweet, but a very delicate and clear one that slightly coats the coffee scent and lets both melt together in a pleasant way Towards the end the cedar and leather comes out, but it is very soft leather, not black, but white. Then the bikers who are drinking coffee with Willy out of little cute cups are wearing white leather.

I have enough perfume, but none that makes me roll my eyes like this sweetheart. Once I smelled it, it beamed me to another world
On myself it has a very strong durability, a good 10-12h, means to spray it up in the morning before work and in the evening you can still smell it, even if only very close The sillage is very strong for the first 2-3 hours and this with a few splashes.

All in all my absolute favourite and definitely worth a purchase if you like coffee, chocolate and leather.
I also got it for an absolute snappy price for under 50€ and that for 100ml + aftershave balm.
This is my first comment here and I am happy to be here among like-minded people.

More reviews

6 short views on the fragrance
Carlitos01Carlitos01 4 years ago
Uomo served us calabrian lemonade with myrtle syrup followed by a Nutella dessert and a Nespresso poured in a cup of cedar wood and leather.
BertolucciKBertolucciK 1 year ago
Sweet, powdery, nutty, gourmand and elegant. Coffee, cocoa, hazelnut. In the base, cedarwood and leather. A bit too sweet for my taste.
KingPinKingPin 4 years ago
OMG, you could eat this! It’s like drowning in creamy chocolaty fudge while fresh coffee is brewing in the background. Dark and charismatic
Jazzy76Jazzy76 1 year ago
As strong and sweet as the perfect man might be! Wonderful gourmand-aromatic-leathery accord.
Strong sillage and very refined bottle
BreadyBready 4 years ago
Perfect fragrance for colder days! Great compliments all around! Women love this scent.
More statements

Discussions about Valentino Uomo (2014) (Eau de Toilette)

Oberon21 in Perfumes & Brands

Images

23 fragrance photos of the community
More images

Popular by Valentino

Valentino Uomo Intense (2016) by Valentino Valentino Uomo Intense by Valentino Valentino Donna Rosa Verde by Valentino V pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Valentino Valentino Uomo Noir Absolu by Valentino Valentino Donna Noir Absolu by Valentino Valentino Donna (2015) (Eau de Parfum) by Valentino Valentino (Eau de Toilette) by Valentino Vendetta pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Valentino Very Valentino (Eau de Toilette) by Valentino Valentino Donna Acqua by Valentino Valentino Noir Absolu Oud Essence by Valentino Valentina Assoluto by Valentino Valentina Oud Assoluto by Valentino Valentino Uomo Acqua by Valentino Valentino Donna Born In Roma (Eau de Parfum) by Valentino Vendetta (Eau de Toilette) by Valentino Valentina Poudre by Valentino Valentina (2011) by Valentino Voce Viva (Eau de Parfum) by Valentino