Valentino Uomo Born In Roma 2019

Valentino Uomo Born In Roma by Valentino
Valentino Uomo Born In Roma is a perfume by Valentino for men and was released in 2019. The scent is sweet-synthetic. It is being marketed by L'Oréal.

VetiverVetiver
SaltSalt
Violet leaf absoluteViolet leaf absolute
SageSage
GingerGinger
Woody notesWoody notes

Submitted by Franfan20, last update on 11.01.2022.

The face of the advertising campaign is model Anwar Hadid.

I Cannot Deny Its Attraction
I received this complimentary sample from Notino as part of a discovery box. Well, what can I say? It smells divine and welcoming, a warm, cosy, and woodsy fragrance. Uomo Born in Roma was a fragrance that I’ve overlooked since its release, though the perfume does not catch me unprepared as one of my nephews wears it, obviously in profusion. However, the sample allows me to test the fragrance on my skin and write a few lines with my impressions. The period is the right one. Its boundless sweetness goes well with these early winter days that precede the Christmas holidays. In my flavour, it is a winter winner, albeit most people claim it as a spring and fall scent, or a summer night beast. It’s softer on the spectrum of men’s fragrances, and perhaps it would be a great pick as a fresh summer scent that still stands its ground with a subtle spiciness thanks to the ginger. Born In Roma Uomo is a modern aromatic fragrance, sweet, barely fruity, perhaps all too sweet for my taste. If Valentino Uomo (2014) Eau de Toilette immediately fascinated me with its powdery shades of iris and cocoa, in some ways similar to "Dior Homme Original (2006) (Eau de Toilette) | Dior", this new flanker is not my cup of tea. I find it quite uninspiring, and it is incredible how it uncannily mimics Invictus Eau de Toilette. It has a distinct familiarity with it, a genre I am not fond of, and it smells nothing like the OG Valentino Uomo. Yet, I will be aiming to review the scent, unbiased by my preferences.

The scent unfolds with an avalanche of sugary notes, a bubble gum sweet smell. There is no trace of citrus fruit; nor the inevitable bergamot. However, the opening is fresh, a little salty, with a hint of something mineral and aquatic, a sort of oily minerals vibe. I get fresh and sweet oxymorons, like boiling ice, a riot of sweet-salty and candy-like ambroxan. All the freshness comes from the watery violet leaves. I swear a smidgen of blue lavender contributes to the fresh sweetness, too.

As the perfume approaches the heart, I obtain the aromatic sage sprinkled with mineral salt, which gives it a more virile touch. Beyond that, some light ginger also comes through. It is not a dominant note but keeps the scent far from the aquatic domain. Instead, it comes out slightly soapy with a refined touch, associated with a much more fiery peppery touch.

It smoothes over time, and the candy-like sweetness tones down, yielding the pace to something more clean, soapy. Subdued vetiver comes out while retaining some sweetness from the opening. I can easily catch the touch of the modern woody accord, although it is hard for me to clearly detect the smoky vetiver. Probably, my nose is used to other kinds of that earthy root. If I think of vetiver, Vetiver Eau de Toilette, Cacharel pour L'Homme Eau de Toilette, or Cuir Vétiver are the colognes that remind me of such an aroma. The coumarin makes the dry-down a bit powdery without crossing the gourmand territory.

For what it is, it’s done right. This scent gets hate from people who are tired of this trendy vibe, and it gets love from people who like these casual and captivating scents. It is still a delightful and intoxicating scent, even if designed for mass appeal. Born In Roma takes off pretty strong, and projects enough during the initial stage. Then, it moves close to the arms, and I would say average to moderate projection. The cologne is powerful and lasts almost all day long. Not to mention, for an eau de toilette, the scent stuck around for a decent amount of time and stayed noticeable without being overpowering. I could get nauseated if I sprayed more than needed. To give you a hint, I took a shower after testing the scent and washed my hands a few times, and the aroma was still present on my backhand. It is more of a casual fragrance, nightlife, and similar events.

I base the review on a decant I have owned since August 2021.

-Elysium

Pink is the New Black
* A necessary introduction

This is another fragrance unfairly beaten in the fragcomm mainly for ideological reasons, in this case against L'Oréal's new business decisions with the "Uomo" line.

Paradoxically, Valentino Uomo "Born in Roma" It is one of the best-selling new releases, specially in the UK & Europe:

A clear example of the serious disconnection that sometimes occurs in the fragcomm with the mainstream reality.

*Another important question:

I've read "Invictus" many times in VU "Born in Roma" reviews. I've never liked "Invictus" or any of its flankers (for me).

... But I like this one. So draw your own conclusions.

* Review for Connoisseurs and Perfume Freaks:

First impressions are often wrong... But you already know that, right?

So you don't need to read my review, because you have really tested the fragrance well... Or not..?

* Review for stylish and fashion people:

This is a very pleasant, modern and trendy fragrance.

Furthermore - which is not always the case - it's very well done and blended: VU "Born in Roma" is more polished, pleasant and less "synthetic" than many other similar proposals on the market.

I usually chew gum, especially strawberry - for your breath it's better than a strong lemon or herb smell ... Right? - . This fragrance basically smells like bubble gum, violets, a light watery breeze with woods and a clean vetiver base.

The violet leaf stands out with the mineral and salty accords, which give it a fresh and aquatic undertone with a non-cloying sweetness, very pleasant.

Sage and ginger add aromatic nuances and accentuate the freshness, while woody notes and an increasingly prominent vetiver are revealed during the development and dry-down of the fragrance (my favorite part).

- Longevity: 6 to >8h.
- Projection: Average 2h, Moderate 2 to 3h, Soft the rest.
- Mood & Ocassions: It's juvenile and very trendy. Not necessarily for youngsters, but I don't see it suitable for the typical serious blue collar guy; there are things that simply do not match well.

... But if the same guy wears a dark suit for a date with his partner in a cool restaurant, things change 180 degrees with this scent.

- Conclusion: It is what it is: Fresh, sweet, charming, slightly provocative... That's all.

Maybe with this fragrance you have to like strawberry gum, but not all chewing gums are the same...

And this is the good one.
5.5
Bastian
Linear sweetness and uhh...
With Uomo, Valentino has already launched one or the other pleasing fragrance on the market. Accordingly, my expectations for Uomo Born in Roma were positive.
The flacons of Valentino are nobly designed and also the spray heads are not bad.
So purely in the perfumery and Born in Roma with 4-5 spray bursts applied. Without testing on paper first.
Heidasack, but he's sweet, he thinks. The pine needles are still hanging there.
Sorry, I just slipped into my Swabian accent.
Again in English, I was going to say ,
Oh man oh man, he is so cute in the opening.
It'll bend your toenails Thought it might get a little darker or spicier over time You thought wrong.
The progression or performance, if you can call it that, was very linear and very sweet. No surprises or developments.
Man Valentino how could this happen? The smell lasted for about 4 hours and became very exhausting for me.
When I read the ingredients of this fragrance I thought, can be interesting. But somehow something went wrong.
Basically there are great sweet scents that develop a certain performance over time.
And then are very accommodating.
But Born in Roma?
I love the Eternal City of Rome, I have been there 3 times and I have to say that the scent has as much to do with Rome as a cow has to drive a car.
That's too bad Those who like such fragrances will certainly enjoy them. But apart from sweet there was nothing tangible for me Conclusion:
Very sweet opening
Heart note still sweetness
Drydown sweet that is flattening.
Damn, I honestly expected more.
I would not recommend the fragrance for adults. Has nothing animal, nothing mysterious, no sexyness. As a teenager of 13 to 15 years you can bring it.
But beyond that it is a no go for me!
A sweet boy 2020
If there is one thing Valentino can do, it is besides good marketing a nice bottle design .... and what you can do even better is to copy other brands and steal the best of them The first uomo is very similar to the dior homme. it was also the same perfume but the valentino uomo intense was pretty much the same as the dior intense. a bit more modern and many say with better performance. The valentino acqua was strongly reminiscent of prada Lhomme.
The born in roma is in the opening very inspired by the invictus dna. With something ingwer like in ysl lhomme or the ysl y to which this fragrance in general probably comes closest.
Not super innovative but why not, I like to wear sweet scents.
The sweet opening lasts for 30 minutes and then the invictus dna dissolves into vetiver and ginger, grassy violet and then it suddenly becomes quiet, and I don't mean smell-blind or skin scent or anything, no. It's really gone.
Lasts well for 4 hours, which is not very good because of the dna and notes, or below average,
Top note seductive, sweet, makes mood.
Easy to like, but even if I like the bottle and the great advertising it will be nothing.
The whole rum gebashe on sweet smells and to deform all young people and to accuse them of lacking masculinity or to be tasteless... everything because of pink writing or whatever i find in the year 2020 just embarrassing, sometimes thoughts flash up here in the statements... not mine at all.
It's a modern fragrance that's a lot of fun.
Great in spring and maybe the first love?
A sweet boy 2020 wears valentino born in roma in spring,
Unfortunately the durability is below average, which does not fit the house valentino that should be known. Certainly better on clothes but not on skin.
Have fun testing

Leimbacher
Born in Rome, died in the sugar factory
The Valentino Uomos were all at least recommendable so far, even more so. Even if a clear example of "Dior Homme" was taken in the beginning, Valentino found his way back to the roots with these powdery coffee clappers. Up to now - because the new "Born In Roma" is a real hit, has hardly any characteristics of its brothers and can only be seen as a bad slip. Hopefully...

The bottle somehow appeals to me, it's awesome. Although I had to look twice because of the pink writing whether it really is the men's version. Unfortunately the content can't even keep up in the beginning. It's a sweet-exchangeable teen scent. Unfortunately no more Deut, unfortunately not even rudimentarily on the level of his brothers. In order to release such a fragrance in the waters of "Y" or "Eros", you don't have to abuse and contaminate this line in my opinion. That hurts a little. One apparently wanted to appear something rebellious and Roman diva-like eccentric - but the shot went flat out into one's own knee. "Born in Roma" is rescued from an interesting base of salt and violet vetiver (but even that remains quite pale). Before that, it's all candy collapse. All scribbled over, stained over, glued over. This is reminiscent of children's perfumes from brands such as James Bond, Star Wars and Avengers. But no one over 18 will seriously want to wear that. Powdery and elegant here is nada, the name and the kinship say even less here, than nowadays already often. "Born In Roma" is most of the time a freshly washed, confusing and caloric potpourri of sugar water, Herrendeo and cold feet. At the end of the year, he'll probably end up quite high on the list of disappointments.

Flacon: rebellious and slightly trashy. Good, good, good.
Sillage: aggressive and slightly annoying. Youthful exuberance
Durability: 5 hours it remained only, so no real miracle of nature

Conclusion: neither worthy of the actually great series nor the brand. Not to mention the eternal city. A paper sweet and characterless failure. The ravages of time - in all the wrong aspects

JMWeedJMWeed 2 months ago
Enjoyable scent, salty sweet that seems soapy, a bit to feminine for my liking, but it’s a solid designer, doesn’t smell cheap.
SchmlinGoodSchmlinGood 2 years ago
Yes, similar to Invictus. However, as someone who despises the Invictus bottle, I would much rather have this. Great mass appealing scent.
ElysiumElysium 2 years ago
Sad, not because ain't no good, yet cause it's akin to other ambroxan-based designer colognes. Uomo was a masterpiece, this is a rip-off.
HugoMontezHugoMontez 2 years ago
very generic scent. reminiscent to Invictus but worse. Ginger, sage, a little bit of violet leafs and a hint of saltiness. Very persistant..
Jazzy76Jazzy76 2 years ago
A balanced accord good for Her too and perfect in the mid season. Quite good sillage and refined multifaceted bottle.

by Klipsidra
by Oudh85
by Chapoend
by Chapoend

Popular Valentino

Valentino Uomo Intense (2016) by Valentino Valentino Uomo (2014) (Eau de Toilette) by Valentino V pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Valentino Valentino Donna Rosa Verde by Valentino Valentino Uomo Noir Absolu by Valentino Valentino Donna Noir Absolu by Valentino Valentino Uomo Intense by Valentino Valentino (Eau de Toilette) by Valentino Valentino Donna (2015) (Eau de Parfum) by Valentino Vendetta pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Valentino Valentino Donna Acqua by Valentino Very Valentino (Eau de Toilette) by Valentino Valentino Uomo Acqua by Valentino Valentina Assoluto by Valentino Valentina (2011) by Valentino Vendetta (Eau de Toilette) by Valentino Valentina Oud Assoluto by Valentino Valentino Noir Absolu Oud Essence by Valentino Rock 'n Rose Couture by Valentino Valentino Donna Born In Roma (Eau de Parfum) by Valentino