Voce Viva 2020

Voce Viva by Valentino
Bottle Design Pierpaolo Piccioli
Voce Viva is a new perfume by Valentino for women and men and was released in 2020. The scent is floral-sweet. It is being marketed by L'Oréal. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesItalian bergamot, Mandarin orange, Ginger
Heart Notes Heart NotesOrange blossom absolute, Yellow gardenia
Base Notes Base NotesCrystallised moss, Vanilla

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 25.10.2020.

The face of the advertising campaign is singer Lady Gaga, filmed by American director Harmony Korine and photographed by Inez Van Lamsweerde and Vinoodh Matadin.

5.5
"Sweet compote"
I waited two weeks to finally test it... I was so curious!

Well we are unfortunately not friends because Voce Viva is for me a 0815 fragrance...

It's basically nothing special, a fragrance I would describe as sweet compote... i honestly expected more
It's too girlish for me...

surprisingly kind
Since Lady Gaga is the advertising face for this fragrance, I was particularly curious
She is not my favourite singer, but her name usually guarantees originality.
Or for something shrill.

Neither of these things come to mind in Voce Viva.

The fragrance presents itself sweet - to lovely - which does not bother me - it is precisely this affection that I like about the Valentinos.

It makes them good gift scents, as they are ageless and uncomplicated - but do not slip into the banal.

I like to give myself a Valentino too.

And this slightly fruity, delicately flowery fragrance could also make it into my shelf.
The interplay of mild ginger and sweetish vanilla is beautiful - it gives Voce that certain something
I am actually glad that Valentino remains true to his pleasing line with this fragrance - and I also like Lady Gaga in the " tame " video.

Original things can also degenerate into showmanship - and fortunately Voce Viva has nothing to do with that.

The only thing I do not perceive as unisex is this feminine scent.
My husbands would appear strangely scented.
You wouldn't dream of wearing it.

So no gift fragrance for gentlemen - but for ladies, anyway.
Leimbacher
Cotton candy with nobility title
Lady Gaga - While some of her "own" scents have been very strong smelling, here she only gives off her expressive face. And Valentino launches a fragrance with it, "Voce Viva", which only at second glance shows that it is more than just the thirtieth cotton candy mobile between circus and charts... Some spass DNA after all? Or is the only rebellious thing here the somewhat dizzying unisex classification?

"Voce Viva" is basically candied orange blossom running into an ice-cold bed of moss and Bourbon vanilla. So far, so yawn. Distinctly feminine in the first part, minimally masculine at the end. However, hair never grows on the chest, to put it very nicely. This is certainly not the border-crossing hermaphrodite it could have been. Unfortunately. Really brave goes differently, really new as well. Nevertheless, the timid breaking of the olfactory gender boundaries in the mainstream is to be praised. Plus: I like the creamy-milky DNA of the fragrance, it has a solid high quality, it is cheerful, open, good-humoured. An accessible sugar diva between things like "La Vie est Belle" and "Gaultier2". Not a bottle for which the ottonormal man takes the detour to the ladies' department. Not a bottle for which the average woman throws the rest of her collection out of the window. But for sweet noses, it's still completely pleasant. And they don't know any genome differences
Flacon: a bit playful, but fits both Mrs. Gaga and Valentino. Plus: looks much nicer in real life than on the pictures on the net!
Sillage: definitely not a wallflower... knows how to attract attention.
Durability: come to stay and show - 6-9 hours.

Conclusion: a crystal-clear sugar scent that can smack you with its sweetness at the first sniff, but then playfully wraps you around your finger. Connects royal houses and funfair.
Valentino vs. Lady Gaga
I have to say, it's fitting to use a personality like Lady Gaga as the advertising face for this fragrance.
Loud, eccentric, colorful, extravagant
With the first sprayer I was overcome by an explosion of fruits and flowers, accompanied by a pleasant warmth, through the vanilla I suppose.
The vanilla brings sweetness.

Then the compact fragrance cloud separates into its partial compositions.

The bergamot and tangerine with a touch of ``ginger bite`` I perceive.

The orange quickly joins in and moves into the foreground.
Something flowery comes out underneath.
Again and again sweetness penetrates.

The crystalline moss brings something earthy and tart to the base at the end, but no unpleasant musty smell.
The vanilla blinks again and again through the flowers and fruits and also to the moss it joins stylishly.
I'd rather put the scent in the feminine corner...

But what can I say, test it yourself :-)
No money, no action?!
Anticipation is the most beautiful joy, as the saying goes...

Yeah, no - of course! The last 3 days were an absolute nightmare! That's how 'long' it took until the new Valentino found his way to me. But no trace of anticipation... In fact I suffered from impatience! Voce Viva was just one of those special new releases that I could hardly wait for in advance.

This much to say in advance: I am relatively sure that this fragrance will polarize... In every direction.

Immediately after spraying on, a sweet mixture of fruity tangerine and a little vanilla is spread out. Here and there the O-flower also flashes out, while the ginger remains non-existent for my nose... Which I welcome very much though.

The first impression: Super pleasant, harmonious and... pleasing! (Here, probably the first ones are already beating their hands over their heads)

In the further course of the fragrance becomes warmer and more intense due to the increasing vanilla note. Fruity notes, however, continue to resonate and give the heart note a cheerful effervescence.

With me, slowly but surely a certain relief is spreading. There is no trace of the moss listed above. You were lucky! I am not necessarily known for preferring green or too "natural" forest and meadow notes in fragrances. Even if they should be crystalline.

But... Wait! What's this? Towards the base, I suddenly notice a new, slightly salty note. This is not...

But there is a minimal green mossiness which fits perfectly into the already mentioned tangy-fruity and warm vanilla notes. I had not expected this twist and to my surprise I think it's great!
By the way, you can't complain at all about H+S. The scent is not exhausting, but meanwhile it has been nestled up to me for at least 7 hours and is easy to perceive at any time.

My summary: Yes, the fragrance clearly serves the mainstream. No, it is not an experimental, mossy-spicy innovation. I would, neutrally speaking, also place the fragrance itself in the feminine rather than the unisex corner.

I can well imagine that some will be disappointed. Just those who expected a small revolution based on the scents and the fact that a designer fragrance is advertised as unisex.
Fans of sweet scents, who are looking for something new and exciting in the mainstream area, should definitely get their money's worth here! :-)

by CandyScent
by CandyScent

Popular Valentino

Valentino Uomo Intense by Valentino Valentino Uomo (Eau de Toilette) by Valentino V pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Valentino Valentino Donna Noir Absolu by Valentino Valentino Uomo Noir Absolu by Valentino Valentino Donna (Eau de Parfum) by Valentino Valentino (Eau de Toilette) by Valentino Valentino Donna Rosa Verde by Valentino Valentino Donna Acqua by Valentino Very Valentino (Eau de Toilette) by Valentino Vendetta pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Valentino Vendetta (Eau de Toilette) by Valentino Valentino Uomo Acqua by Valentino Valentina Assoluto by Valentino Valentino Noir Absolu Oud Essence by Valentino Valentina by Valentino Valentina Oud Assoluto by Valentino Rock 'n Rose Couture by Valentino Very Valentino (Eau de Parfum) by Valentino Valentina Poudre by Valentino