Voce Viva 2020 Eau de Parfum

Voce Viva (Eau de Parfum) by Valentino
Bottle Design Pierpaolo Piccioli
Voce Viva (Eau de Parfum) is a perfume by Valentino for women and was released in 2020. The scent is sweet-floral. It is being marketed by L'Oréal. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesItalian bergamotItalian bergamot Mandarin orangeMandarin orange GingerGinger
Heart Notes Heart NotesOrange blossom absoluteOrange blossom absolute Yellow gardeniaYellow gardenia
Base Notes Base NotesCrystallised mossCrystallised moss VanillaVanilla

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 01.09.2022.

The face of the advertising campaign is singer Lady Gaga, filmed by American director Harmony Korine and photographed by Inez Van Lamsweerde and Vinoodh Matadin.

1 in-depth fragrance description

Powdery Floral
This perfume is soft and powdery. The bottle is quite lovely and longevity good. Out of all the scent notes, I pick up gardenia, orange, and vanilla. Perhaps the moss creates a powder scent? I don’t know. It’s very powdery on my skin, which isn’t terrible, but also not something I strive to achieve when wearing a perfume.

Nonetheless, it’s a decent fragrance. I can wear it to bed with no problem.
Not the one (for me)
If I had to decide to buy this fragrance within the first hour, I would have. However, I would not have been happy with it. After spraying on the fragrance smells wonderfully fresh, a bit sweet. Lemon with vanilla, just delicious.

Arrived at home follows the transformation. I already know the fragrance! Dolce & Gabanna The One. The has my best friend at the time always worn to dates. So unfortunately rather no office fragrance, what I was looking for. I stopped going on dates a long time ago, and certainly not with such an old scent.
Uniform mush
The sample smiled at me. Valentino, mmh there are the expectations high. At the first sniff, I like it. Floral, a little sweet. Tangerine, ginger, orange blossom and vanilla rise warmly. Nice, though smelled a thousand times, but still quite nice. After a while, however, the nice evaporates, what remains is a pungent background that spoils the fragrance for me.
It is per se a nice 08/15 fragrance that some will surely love immediately, but for me the aftermath is just too soapy pungent.
Still, thanks for letting me test it!
Snakecharmer
Memories of vanilla and cigarettes
The small perfume sample was now already of the longer around in my apartment... carelessly thrown into a small bowl, where also still other Pröbchen of their use wait.
Today I had times desire for something new... and somehow my choice fell on this fragrance.
No description on the box - only a photo of the bottle, which made me suspect that it could be a warm fragrance.
So - tore open the package, pressed the fragrance patch to the skin, impatiently immediately sniffed it.
First I could not quite assign the fragrance: Flowers? Vanilla? Sweet, yes. But a real rhyme I could not make myself on it and was a little disappointed.

When I sniffed again after a few minutes, I was suddenly overcome by a memory...
Vanilla and cigarettes
That was what I smelled, even though I realized that tobacco notes were rarely found in women's perfume and I must be mistaken.
And suddenly the image of a memory came to me - my "big brother" some 20 years ago and the game nights we had together in his first apartment.
He was (and is) a smoker and both he and his then-flame both wore perfumes that smelled like vanilla.
In the small apartment, the smells mixed quickly, creating this very unique melange of vanilla and tobacco.
It's a good memory, I think.
A memory of a time when my twenties and all the exciting things that were yet to come were still far ahead of me.
I also didn't know then how far apart we would later drift.

I can't not smell it.
I read the scent pyramid with amazement - no tobacco, but citrus notes and moss.
I smell a very sweet, warm scent.... and somewhere in the background the cigarettes.

I don't think this scent is original, more like pleasing. And sometimes that's exactly what you want.
Of course I'm toying with the idea of buying it, if only for the memory.
MarMoo
Blind purchase of the concentrated orange blossom
I bought this fragrance blind shortly after its release.
Already after the first spray in the air something absolutely repelled me.
I know this feeling also from some other fragrances and know by now what it is. This decidedly strong scent of orange blossom paired with the tangerine in the top note seems to be exactly what makes me immediately distance myself.

It's not that I avoid orange blossom in general, in other fragrances it's so tuned and concentrated that it's actually very good. Let's be honest, the orange blossom is now really a frequently used aroma. Even if many people compare Voce Viva with Libre I have to say....Yes, you can smell the orange blossom clearly but it is so embedded that I like the scent of Libre again very much. Therefore, I like to beware of these two as fragrance twins to call.

You must not imagine anything fresh when you Mandarin, ginger and bergamot let, that must already be clear. It is a very sweet and sticky fragrance. It lasts quite a long time on the skin and even as a wearer you smell it actually all the time. I do not find that the fragrance opens or changes over time, I take him relatively monotonous was over the whole hours.

Voce Viva has like all the others its raison d'être but you have to be very on "sticky sweet" scents abfahren, otherwise you may be disappointed.

However, I will give Voce Viva another chance or two as I do with most fragrances. I'll try it again in the spring, a windy day I could well imagine. Maybe I'll still be surprised, however, my expectations are not particularly high

3 short views on the fragrance
Guccy2021Guccy2021 7 months ago
A typical women's every day scent. Inoffensive and definitely the "Anne" choice for someone who just wants to smell good but not memorable.
Jazzy76Jazzy76 1 year ago
A day scent: light, quite sweet, not so original. I was expecting more for its price . Average sillage and refined bottle.
ScentwitchScentwitch 2 years ago
Basic floral fragrance, nothing outstanding, nothing bad. It’s very sweet and powdery.

Images

6 fragrance photos of the community
More images

Popular by Valentino

Valentino Uomo Intense (2016) by Valentino Valentino Uomo Intense by Valentino Valentino Donna Rosa Verde by Valentino Valentino Uomo (2014) (Eau de Toilette) by Valentino V pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Valentino Valentino Uomo Noir Absolu by Valentino Valentino Donna Noir Absolu by Valentino Valentino Donna (2015) (Eau de Parfum) by Valentino Valentino (Eau de Toilette) by Valentino Vendetta pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Valentino Very Valentino (Eau de Toilette) by Valentino Valentino Donna Acqua by Valentino Valentino Noir Absolu Oud Essence by Valentino Valentina Assoluto by Valentino Valentina Oud Assoluto by Valentino Valentino Uomo Acqua by Valentino Valentino Donna Born In Roma (Eau de Parfum) by Valentino Vendetta (Eau de Toilette) by Valentino Valentina Poudre by Valentino Valentina (2011) by Valentino