Voce Viva 2020 Eau de Parfum

Voce Viva (Eau de Parfum) by Valentino
Bottle Design Pierpaolo Piccioli
Voce Viva (Eau de Parfum) is a new perfume by Valentino for women and was released in 2020. The scent is floral-sweet. It is being marketed by L'Oréal. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesItalian bergamotItalian bergamot
Mandarin orangeMandarin orange
GingerGinger
Heart Notes Heart NotesOrange blossom absoluteOrange blossom absolute
Yellow gardeniaYellow gardenia
Base Notes Base NotesCrystallised mossCrystallised moss
VanillaVanilla

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 14.11.2021.

The face of the advertising campaign is singer Lady Gaga, filmed by American director Harmony Korine and photographed by Inez Van Lamsweerde and Vinoodh Matadin.

Powdery Floral
This perfume is soft and powdery. The bottle is quite lovely and longevity good. Out of all the scent notes, I pick up gardenia, orange, and vanilla. Perhaps the moss creates a powder scent? I don’t know. It’s very powdery on my skin, which isn’t terrible, but also not something I strive to achieve when wearing a perfume.

Nonetheless, it’s a decent fragrance. I can wear it to bed with no problem.
Not the one (for me)
If I had to decide to buy this fragrance within the first hour, I would have. However, I would not have been happy with it. After spraying on the fragrance smells wonderfully fresh, a bit sweet. Lemon with vanilla, just delicious.

Arrived at home follows the transformation. I already know the fragrance! Dolce & Gabanna The One. The has my best friend at the time always worn to dates. So unfortunately rather no office fragrance, what I was looking for. I stopped going on dates a long time ago, and certainly not with such an old scent.
Uniform mush
The sample smiled at me. Valentino, mmh there are the expectations high. At the first sniff, I like it. Floral, a little sweet. Tangerine, ginger, orange blossom and vanilla rise warmly. Nice, though smelled a thousand times, but still quite nice. After a while, however, the nice evaporates, what remains is a pungent background that spoils the fragrance for me.
It is per se a nice 08/15 fragrance that some will surely love immediately, but for me the aftermath is just too soapy pungent.
Still, thanks for letting me test it!
Snakecharmer
Memories of vanilla and cigarettes
The small perfume sample was now already of the longer around in my apartment... carelessly thrown into a small bowl, where also still other Pröbchen of their use wait.
Today I had times desire for something new... and somehow my choice fell on this fragrance.
No description on the box - only a photo of the bottle, which made me suspect that it could be a warm fragrance.
So - tore open the package, pressed the fragrance patch to the skin, impatiently immediately sniffed it.
First I could not quite assign the fragrance: Flowers? Vanilla? Sweet, yes. But a real rhyme I could not make myself on it and was a little disappointed.

When I sniffed again after a few minutes, I was suddenly overcome by a memory...
Vanilla and cigarettes
That was what I smelled, even though I realized that tobacco notes were rarely found in women's perfume and I must be mistaken.
And suddenly the image of a memory came to me - my "big brother" some 20 years ago and the game nights we had together in his first apartment.
He was (and is) a smoker and both he and his then-flame both wore perfumes that smelled like vanilla.
In the small apartment, the smells mixed quickly, creating this very unique melange of vanilla and tobacco.
It's a good memory, I think.
A memory of a time when my twenties and all the exciting things that were yet to come were still far ahead of me.
I also didn't know then how far apart we would later drift.

I can't not smell it.
I read the scent pyramid with amazement - no tobacco, but citrus notes and moss.
I smell a very sweet, warm scent.... and somewhere in the background the cigarettes.

I don't think this scent is original, more like pleasing. And sometimes that's exactly what you want.
Of course I'm toying with the idea of buying it, if only for the memory.
MarMoo
Blind purchase of the concentrated orange blossom
I bought this fragrance blind shortly after its release.
Already after the first spray in the air something absolutely repelled me.
I know this feeling also from some other fragrances and know by now what it is. This decidedly strong scent of orange blossom paired with the tangerine in the top note seems to be exactly what makes me immediately distance myself.

It's not that I avoid orange blossom in general, in other fragrances it's so tuned and concentrated that it's actually very good. Let's be honest, the orange blossom is now really a frequently used aroma. Even if many people compare Voce Viva with Libre I have to say....Yes, you can smell the orange blossom clearly but it is so embedded that I like the scent of Libre again very much. Therefore, I like to beware of these two as fragrance twins to call.

You must not imagine anything fresh when you Mandarin, ginger and bergamot let, that must already be clear. It is a very sweet and sticky fragrance. It lasts quite a long time on the skin and even as a wearer you smell it actually all the time. I do not find that the fragrance opens or changes over time, I take him relatively monotonous was over the whole hours.

Voce Viva has like all the others its raison d'être but you have to be very on "sticky sweet" scents abfahren, otherwise you may be disappointed.

However, I will give Voce Viva another chance or two as I do with most fragrances. I'll try it again in the spring, a windy day I could well imagine. Maybe I'll still be surprised, however, my expectations are not particularly high
5.5
"Sweet compote"
I waited two weeks to finally test it... I was so curious!

Well we are unfortunately not friends because Voce Viva is for me a 0815 fragrance...

It's basically nothing special, a fragrance I would describe as sweet compote... i honestly expected more
It's too girlish for me...

surprisingly kind
Since Lady Gaga is the advertising face for this fragrance, I was particularly curious
She is not my favourite singer, but her name usually guarantees originality.
Or for something shrill.

Neither of these things come to mind in Voce Viva.

The fragrance presents itself sweet - to lovely - which does not bother me - it is precisely this affection that I like about the Valentinos.

It makes them good gift scents, as they are ageless and uncomplicated - but do not slip into the banal.

I like to give myself a Valentino too.

And this slightly fruity, delicately flowery fragrance could also make it into my shelf.
The interplay of mild ginger and sweetish vanilla is beautiful - it gives Voce that certain something
I am actually glad that Valentino remains true to his pleasing line with this fragrance - and I also like Lady Gaga in the " tame " video.

Original things can also degenerate into showmanship - and fortunately Voce Viva has nothing to do with that.

The only thing I do not perceive as unisex is this feminine scent.
My husbands would appear strangely scented.
You wouldn't dream of wearing it.

So no gift fragrance for gentlemen - but for ladies, anyway.
Leimbacher
Cotton candy with nobility title
Lady Gaga - While some of her "own" scents have been very strong smelling, here she only gives off her expressive face. And Valentino launches a fragrance with it, "Voce Viva", which only at second glance shows that it is more than just the thirtieth cotton candy mobile between circus and charts... Some spass DNA after all? Or is the only rebellious thing here the somewhat dizzying unisex classification?

"Voce Viva" is basically candied orange blossom running into an ice-cold bed of moss and Bourbon vanilla. So far, so yawn. Distinctly feminine in the first part, minimally masculine at the end. However, hair never grows on the chest, to put it very nicely. This is certainly not the border-crossing hermaphrodite it could have been. Unfortunately. Really brave goes differently, really new as well. Nevertheless, the timid breaking of the olfactory gender boundaries in the mainstream is to be praised. Plus: I like the creamy-milky DNA of the fragrance, it has a solid high quality, it is cheerful, open, good-humoured. An accessible sugar diva between things like "La Vie est Belle" and "Gaultier2". Not a bottle for which the ottonormal man takes the detour to the ladies' department. Not a bottle for which the average woman throws the rest of her collection out of the window. But for sweet noses, it's still completely pleasant. And they don't know any genome differences
Flacon: a bit playful, but fits both Mrs. Gaga and Valentino. Plus: looks much nicer in real life than on the pictures on the net!
Sillage: definitely not a wallflower... knows how to attract attention.
Durability: come to stay and show - 6-9 hours.

Conclusion: a crystal-clear sugar scent that can smack you with its sweetness at the first sniff, but then playfully wraps you around your finger. Connects royal houses and funfair.
Valentino vs. Lady Gaga
I have to say, it's fitting to use a personality like Lady Gaga as the advertising face for this fragrance.
Loud, eccentric, colorful, extravagant
With the first sprayer I was overcome by an explosion of fruits and flowers, accompanied by a pleasant warmth, through the vanilla I suppose.
The vanilla brings sweetness.

Then the compact fragrance cloud separates into its partial compositions.

The bergamot and tangerine with a touch of ``ginger bite`` I perceive.

The orange quickly joins in and moves into the foreground.
Something flowery comes out underneath.
Again and again sweetness penetrates.

The crystalline moss brings something earthy and tart to the base at the end, but no unpleasant musty smell.
The vanilla blinks again and again through the flowers and fruits and also to the moss it joins stylishly.
I'd rather put the scent in the feminine corner...

But what can I say, test it yourself :-)
No money, no action?!
Anticipation is the most beautiful joy, as the saying goes...

Yeah, no - of course! The last 3 days were an absolute nightmare! That's how 'long' it took until the new Valentino found his way to me. But no trace of anticipation... In fact I suffered from impatience! Voce Viva was just one of those special new releases that I could hardly wait for in advance.

This much to say in advance: I am relatively sure that this fragrance will polarize... In every direction.

Immediately after spraying on, a sweet mixture of fruity tangerine and a little vanilla is spread out. Here and there the O-flower also flashes out, while the ginger remains non-existent for my nose... Which I welcome very much though.

The first impression: Super pleasant, harmonious and... pleasing! (Here, probably the first ones are already beating their hands over their heads)

In the further course of the fragrance becomes warmer and more intense due to the increasing vanilla note. Fruity notes, however, continue to resonate and give the heart note a cheerful effervescence.

With me, slowly but surely a certain relief is spreading. There is no trace of the moss listed above. You were lucky! I am not necessarily known for preferring green or too "natural" forest and meadow notes in fragrances. Even if they should be crystalline.

But... Wait! What's this? Towards the base, I suddenly notice a new, slightly salty note. This is not...

But there is a minimal green mossiness which fits perfectly into the already mentioned tangy-fruity and warm vanilla notes. I had not expected this twist and to my surprise I think it's great!
By the way, you can't complain at all about H+S. The scent is not exhausting, but meanwhile it has been nestled up to me for at least 7 hours and is easy to perceive at any time.

My summary: Yes, the fragrance clearly serves the mainstream. No, it is not an experimental, mossy-spicy innovation. I would, neutrally speaking, also place the fragrance itself in the feminine rather than the unisex corner.

I can well imagine that some will be disappointed. Just those who expected a small revolution based on the scents and the fact that a designer fragrance is advertised as unisex.
Fans of sweet scents, who are looking for something new and exciting in the mainstream area, should definitely get their money's worth here! :-)

Jazzy76Jazzy76 4 months ago
A day scent: light, quite sweet, not so original. I was expecting more for its price . Average sillage and refined bottle.
ScentwitchScentwitch 11 months ago
Basic floral fragrance, nothing outstanding, nothing bad. It’s very sweet and powdery.

by CandyScent
by CandyScent
by Savelo
by Savelo

Popular Valentino

Valentino Uomo Intense (2016) by Valentino Valentino Uomo (2014) (Eau de Toilette) by Valentino V pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Valentino Valentino Donna Rosa Verde by Valentino Valentino Uomo Noir Absolu by Valentino Valentino Donna Noir Absolu by Valentino Valentino (Eau de Toilette) by Valentino Valentino Donna (2015) (Eau de Parfum) by Valentino Vendetta pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Valentino Very Valentino (Eau de Toilette) by Valentino Valentino Donna Acqua by Valentino Valentino Uomo Acqua by Valentino Valentina Assoluto by Valentino Valentino Uomo Intense by Valentino Valentina (2011) by Valentino Vendetta (Eau de Toilette) by Valentino Valentina Oud Assoluto by Valentino Valentino Noir Absolu Oud Essence by Valentino Rock 'n Rose Couture by Valentino Voce Viva Intensa by Valentino