Storie Veneziane - Zafferano I

Storie Veneziane - Zafferano I by Valmont
Storie Veneziane - Zafferano I is a perfume by Valmont for women and men. The release year is unknown. The scent is woody-oriental. The longevity is above-average. It is still available to purchase.

SaffronSaffron SpicesSpices HoneyHoney Bitter orange blossomBitter orange blossom CedarCedar OudOud

Submitted by Estate, last update on 21.05.2022.

Dessert jewel
As a great follower and fan (I must confess) of Cecile Zarokian, I was dying to try this perfume.
The quality of ingredients that the Valmont house boasts in all its products, and in Cecile's hands, was something that I found too suggestive and desirable.
So, as is often the case when expectations are high, I was slightly disappointed.
Certainly the smell is very good, and it really has the Zarokian touch, but I was expecting something more surprising.

I would say that it is a perfume that falls somewhere between Fan Your Flames (Nishane) and A.E.O.M (Bijon...now called Aura Perfumes) which are also from Cecile.
Of course, the power and performance far exceeds the weak Fan Your Flames and also, although by less difference, what AEOM offers in that regard.
In Zafferano I, the smell is more spicy and "dry" than in the mentioned ones and it does not have any liquor touch, it is a more elegant and wood-based smell.

It is an oriental perfume for a charismatic man, I think not many women would wear this perfume. A businessman, a man with power, with a strong and determined character, will undoubtedly find in him a good reinforcement.
However, it does not have the harshness of an incense perfume or one based on strong spices of the most reputable ones, for example from the Amouage house.
It's also not as soft and comfortable as one of Andy Tauer's desert gems.
It is somewhere in between and yet it is not without the sensuality that is the usual hallmark of Miss Zarokian.

In short, the perfume is very well made, very balanced, its ingredients very well mixed, which are also perceived as powerful and surely of quality.
Although the end result is not very surprising in a niche context.

Its performance is good, if not outstanding, it is not a bomb in a niche category.
A big problem that I have seen is that its acquisition at this time would lead to a 100ml bottle that is close to €500, which is quite high for me. There is no possibility of acquiring 50ml for €290 as it can be done with other Storie Veneziane from Valmont perfumes.

PatronrPatronr 3 months ago
The scent is ok (Cecile did it) but thisnis not a 1492 journey’s end. Much overpriced.

Popular by Valmont

Palazzo Nobile - Sea Bliss by Valmont Storie Veneziane - Gaggia Medio I by Valmont Palazzo Nobile - Bright Poppy by Valmont Storie Veneziane - Mica d'Oro I by Valmont Collezione Privata - Private Mind by Valmont Storie Veneziane - Rosso I by Valmont Storie Veneziane - Verde Erba I by Valmont Palazzo Nobile - Casanova 2161 by Valmont Palazzo Nobile - Fizzy Mint by Valmont Collezione Privata - Lady Code by Valmont Collezione Privata - Jazzy Twist by Valmont Palazzo Nobile - Blooming Ballet by Valmont Storie Veneziane - Alessandrite I by Valmont Palazzo Nobile - Satin Musk by Valmont Palazzo Nobile - Secret Bamboo by Valmont Storie Veneziane - Blu Cobalto I by Valmont Collezione Privata - Just Bloom by Valmont