Collection Extraordinaire - Orchidée Vanille 2009

Collection Extraordinaire - Orchidée Vanille by Van Cleef & Arpels
Bottle Design Carré Basset
Top 64 in Unisex Perfume
Collection Extraordinaire - Orchidée Vanille is a popular perfume by Van Cleef & Arpels for women and men and was released in 2009. The scent is sweet-gourmand. It is being marketed by Inter Parfums. Pronunciation
Scent goes well with Angélique Noire

Randa Hammami

Top Notes Top NotesLychee, Mandarin orange
Heart Notes Heart NotesBulgarian rose, Bitter almond, Violet
Base Notes Base NotesTonka bean, Cedar, Vanilla absolute

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 14.04.2021.

Salva
I don't want to be without you...
With you I feel safe,
with you I feel comfortable,
with you I feel protected,
with you I feel at home.

You are there when I come home in a bad mood.

You're there when the tears run down my eyes.
You're there when all I want is a hug.
You're there when there's just no one else.

I had never seen you before,
yet it was all over me after the first sniff.
In that moment everything turned around, my worries were swept away.

You are my light that shines forever;
You are my fragrance that laughs and cries with me.
I'll never leave you alone again,
for without Thee I would not want to be.
[...]

There are brands, with which one does not find at all and whose smells one simply so not at all agree. Then there are houses that have one or two great fragrances that appeal to you. And there are those that have beautiful scents across the board. One of those brands for me personally is Van Cleef&Arpels. More specifically, the series 'Collection Extraordinaire'.

Founded in 1896 and named after the couple Estelle Arpels (the daughter of a gemstone dealer) and Alfred Van Cleef (the son of a stone cutter), the company first made a name for itself as a manufacturer of high-end jewellery creations and high-priced watches, before they also launched fragrances.
Except for 1-2 fragrances of the 'Collection Extraordinaire' I have all been able to test and find them without exception beautiful. The Orchid Vanilla I have now recently discovered and he is for me one of the most wonderful as unisex declared treasures, which I was allowed to get to know so far. And even though it's marketed for both genders, I personally see it more on a lady. Which, of course, does not stop me from writing a review.
[...]

This fragrance is sexy and well-behaved. It's pretty and seductive. It is sweet and kind. He is gentle and cuddly. It is romantic and cuddly. He is soothing and relaxing.

The initial slightly fruity mandarin note in the combination with the lychee fruit flows briskly over into a dream of beguiling rose-orchid mix and super delicious bitter almond. Next to the jasmine, the rose is one of my favorite flowers and here this is used immensely sensual and elegant as I find.

Towards the base, a sensual vanilla note joins in, which in combination with the bitter almond and the floral tones make me kneel down. A fragrance to melt away.

Certainly it seems at first glance more suitable for the colder season, but even on cooler spring days I can imagine it very well. In the evenings, if one makes bspw. outside a walk, a light fresh breeze blows, one notices the smell himself.

With about 6h on my skin, the fragrance has a satisfactory shelf life for me personally. In the first hour, he also radiates quite strong, before he he slowly withdraws from the second hours and is still close to the skin, but relatively intensively perceived.
[...]
Conclusion:

Even though I myself would probably not wear the fragrance, as I find it rather feminine, I will keep my bottling lovingly and carefully to sniff it every now and then.

To the dear Madame Legras, my sincere thanks. Through her wonderful package, I was able to take this irresistible dream scent into my heart. A fragrance that I would literally stick to a lady, because it is so attractive in a noble and elegant way.

And the series 'Collection Extraordinaire' I put to the heart of all who do not know it yet.
[...]
Wish all happy and beautiful Easter days!

Thanks for reading!
Lalune
Never too loud, but just right
Actually, I just wanted to leave a statement for Orchidée Vanille. However, the 140-character limit just didn't seem fair to the fragrance and I fail to put my enjoyment of the scent into so few words.
Because really, I'm not a fan of vanilla scents. Most are way too heavy for me and make me feel like the scent is smothering me. Not so with Orchidée Vanille.
Orchidée Vanille manages to accompany me. Surrounds me pleasantly comforting, never too loud, but just right.

My attempt Orchidée Vanille in the right words to summarize:
Orchidée Vanille starts with a restrained tangerine upbeat.
After the first few minutes, the fragrance becomes wonderfully creamy.
The vanilla gradually comes to the fore, the fragrance develops pleasantly sweet.
Unagitated and quiet.

For me, Orchidée Vanille is beautiful...so beautiful that I want to wear it every day...
A highlight of my only short perfume journey!
Security and sexiness
It swings me around, for a little first moment, tangerine and a tart lychee paired with a cedar note that immediately gives it a classy touch.
Good mood alert!!!
I'm not really a fan of such obvious vanilla scents, but here I have to say, the tonka bean just prevails and again, I love smelling that.
What did I still like so much about the fragrance?

I love sugared violets over all. If a fragrance offers that, then I'm blown away.
And I smell them here, also in combination with the rose, just wonderful out. The bitter almond makes the whole still a tick gourmandig and perfect.
This fragrance is perfectly rounded and incredibly noble.

I see myself in a red velvet dress at a gala or corporate party in this fragrance, sexy but still secured by the warm facets at the same time. Not many fragrances manage that for me.

I still remember the moment I smelled in at Edith Lücke in Trier the first time. I was overwhelmed by the overabundance of fragrances there, but this fragrance grounded me and I still haven't bought it, but never forgot it.

Someday it will be mine too. :)
Jungsmama
A rose with a vanilla coat on the red carpet
It was another blind buy that paid off.
The first spray starts fruity, but that evaporates after a few seconds and it becomes noble.
The expensive, not prickly rose comes in. Bitter almond gives the warm and exciting.
My first thought when I smelled it was: A rose walking on a red carpet wrapped in a warm vanilla coat.
The vanilla and tonka bean also play a role in giving balance.
In the end, it becomes a rather heavy fragrance that stands out
Warm uplifting vanilla
Pleasant scotch aromas mixed with a sweet warm vanilla. I especially like the scent that I actually perceive it myself for hours. (Often the own nose is a bit numb). I love the scent in the cold season and wear it both in everyday life and in the evening.
A fragrance to cuddle up to the not 0815 is. Quite unisex and a durability that impresses.

MariaS
I want to bathe in it. I can make the 75ml bottle a single use.
Let’s set some things straight about this perfume. I have read so many things about it before buying it that discouraged me, so I had to test it many times to be sure and come with a review.

The smell:
The smell is a warm hug from a person you love. It just hugs your senses with its sweet floral vanilla scent. It’s a cozy, lovable, feelgood, feminine perfume that calms you every time you smell it. Is it extraordinary like the collection says? Nope! It could be a usual everyday perfume (not a niche perfume). It is not complex, it doesn’t change with time, its linear. But you know what? I don’t mind. We don’t have to buy only complex perfumes. Sometimes a simple beautiful smell is all we need.

The performance:
I tested it 3 times on my wrist before buying it and all the times, it stayed on my skin for about 5 hours. After buying it, I have to admit that the performance is not very good, especially after 2-3 hours. When I move, I get the smell but not the whole of it like the opening or like when I had it on my wrist. When I touch my neck and smell my fingers it is there on my skin but I am not getting the smell in the air. Same happens with the clothes. It stays for about 4 hours and then you re getting a faded smell.

Value for money:
I believe it is a very beautiful scent but it is expensive for what it provides. I bought it half the price and I wouldn’t have bought it either way, because with the same money, I have bought more complex perfumes with better performance. I would pay for the whole price, only if it was an extrait de parfum and lasted longer (don’t care about the complexity as I said before).

Audience / Occasion / Season:
It is not unisex, its definitely 100% a feminine perfume! Occasion anywhere you don't want to turn heads with your smell, a date, a cozy home gathering, a coffee with your bestie. As for the season I guess spring autumn and winter. I haven't tested in in summer... If we ever get out of the lockdown maybe next summer I ll update the review to tell you if it's appropriate for summer. I believe not.

Conclusion:
It is a beautiful delicate elegant everyday quality perfume with poor performance. I absolutely adoooore the smell and I needed it in my collection! I would prefer it to be an extrait de parfum.

Thank you for your time! Stay safe and smell good!
deuxième amour
Orchid Vanilla is a dignified example of why you should test fragrances multiple times at different times of day and states of mind. After testing it for the first time, I was a little disappointed: I searched in vain for the initial lychee and mandarin - all I perceived was the vanilla, which continued to set the tone. Pleased I have also had the first testing of it, he just did not stand out exorbitantly from the crowd, if you had compared it with other vanilla fragrances.

Then this morning I wake up and give Orchid Vanilla another chance. This time, right from the start, I appreciate the warm and soft components that have been artfully added. The scent is playful, alluring and delicate. Princesses who have yet to learn about life would probably wear this fragrance. This perfume is finally a wonderful fit for people who say less rather than too much, who don't feel quite as comfortable in the center of attention. Just as well, it can be worn by people who want to captivate with sensuality. Whether extroverted or introverted, Orchid Vanilla smells at any time royal, magnificent and stimulating.
From the violet in the heart, my nose perceives nothing at all. But that's okay, as the almond and rose form an artful synergy. The base is also fabulously worked out, simply a masterpiece.
Who always stumbles over vanilla in the base in his like-worn perfumes, this one definitely has to test.

Landshark321
Elegant floral vanilla, well crafted
Long-overdue sampling of the 2009 release from the Collection Extraordinaire from Van Cleef & Arpels, Orchidee Vanille, a floral vanilla fragrance that I smelled in stores a number of times before finally purchasing a decant in recent months. It’s a vanilla-dominant fragrance that is robust and interesting while not being too heavy, cake-like, or more generally dessert-like, even. The mix features floral notes (rose, violet), tonka, white musk, and small hints of citruses and almond. It’s sweet but not saccharine, floral and musky with not being overtly feminine, and seemingly balanced while still being focused on the vanilla.

What makes this fragrance great, rather than just good, is that it does not feel too heavy but still feels significant, elegant, well-crafted, just a notch below my two favorite Guerlain vanillas (Spiritueuse Double Vanille, Cuir Beluga), and it performs very well.

Its retail pricing is $212 for 75ml (Luckyscent) but it’s avaiible for only $81 on FragranceNet, a very reasonable price for its quality.

8 out of 10
Parfümlein
The very last (vanilla perfume in my challenge)
My last vanilla scent! Certainly not forever, but for now! Of course I have to appreciate it again in a short comment, because I wanted to test it the whole time, but I couldn't get to it until I discovered a local perfumery, in which a) the Collection Extraordinaire actually exists and in which b) one can snoop around anonymously anyway.
I was a little disappointed from the first test; I had expected so much from the combination and then smelled something that looked a little old-fashioned to me, more for ladies, preferably those from the fifties or at least the fifties. Of course I would never have written that, I simply didn't trust my nose, which was certainly good. To me, the name seemed like an ironic wink - about as hip as orchids, the fragrance seemed to me as if it had gathered dust. But nowadays orchids have again found lovers who do not sit behind village windows covered with grey curtains with the golden edge. Today orchids are grouped together in giant silver containers to form larger shared flats and make quite something. In my defense, I would also like to say that during this unobserved stroll through the perfumery, I discovered "Moonlight Patchouly", which I consider one of the most beautiful perfumes ever. In this respect - that the Collection Extraordinaire is quite extraordinary, I had no doubt about that. "Vanilla Orchidée" and I just couldn't be together that day.
Now, thanks to a sooo dear perfuma, I came into the possession of a small specimen. With the help of the same, I was able to determine that the scent, as the pyramid suggests, really does not smell like orchids. (He hadn't smelled that way the first time, he just reminded me strongly of orchid growers). However - also this time neither of us has become a shoe. I smell almond and orange in a very faint form, but unlike in my beloved "Code Cashmere", the two of them are playing super soft, so that the vanilla can make its way unhindered - and I just don't like this tone. Of course, it is nice not to be slain by a gourmand for once when you smell a vanilla perfume. Certainly it is also nice that this delicate softness is so mildly underpinned by musk and cedar wood. But why another rose had to be squeezed into it is as much beyond my expertise as my understanding. And another violet (which I do not perceive that way). I think I just don't like fragrances where roses have a say.
In this respect I make my peace with "Vanilla Orchidée": The fragrance is soft and delicate and unobtrusive and elegant and at the same time vanilla, thus satisfying the need for a stylish appearance, individuality as well as delicious vanilla cookies and orange chocolate. But the fact that it had to be decorated with roses is personally a little too kitschy for me as a picture and too rosy for a fragrance. So our paths part, which is a good thing, because this fragrance has many lovers, and we all want our favourite fragrances to remain secret tips and not be worn by everyone. On that note, adieu, dear Vanilla Orchidée.
Heart off, head on
I had to test it.
Have you ever actually "smelled" orchids? Well, I kind of don't. I think these are the flowers of which, although I own them, I think they have little or no flower smell? Botanists here anyway?!!
This fragrance is gentle. A complete flatterer. Gentle, soft.

He starts with me - drum roll...- finally vanilla! *Applause sound* ^^ Very nice, tender vanilla, slightly sweetish, but which quickly combines with chocolate and orange and exactly THAT's what I smell then and that doesn't change anymore.
The other ingredients may be there, but I can hardly sniff them out.
It smells a little like the tart 70% bitter chocolate with candied orange pieces from L*idl of Ecuador. :-) Only finer. So for me. I read in the comments here that everyone perceives something different. :-)

Almond maybe. But that's it Don't get me wrong, a very delicate scent, which unfortunately becomes very close immediately (!), Sillage is not big there for me, just as little as durability. Creamy, sweet.

The top note remains consistent with me, hence the title.
Unfortunately, unfortunately, I'm not into chocolate in scents at all. But that's why I like to finish my bottling, only the large bottle won't move in with me

MariaSMariaS 1 month ago
It is a simple sweet, warm, elegant, delicate, gourmandish vanilla overload scent. It’s like a warm hug in the winter!
Jazzy76Jazzy76 3 years ago
Very sweet and warm,longlasting and good, in the style of Van Cleef, but at this expensive price I was expecting something more special.

by Zora
by Gwiazdka72
by Sabi
by Sabi

Popular Van Cleef & Arpels

Collection Extraordinaire - Bois d'Iris by Van Cleef & Arpels Collection Extraordinaire - Bois Doré by Van Cleef & Arpels Collection Extraordinaire - Moonlight Patchouli by Van Cleef & Arpels Midnight in Paris (Eau de Parfum) by Van Cleef & Arpels Gem (Eau de Toilette) by Van Cleef & Arpels Pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Van Cleef & Arpels Collection Extraordinaire - Rose Velours by Van Cleef & Arpels Tsar (Eau de Toilette) by Van Cleef & Arpels Collection Extraordinaire - Néroli Amara by Van Cleef & Arpels Midnight in Paris (Eau de Toilette) by Van Cleef & Arpels Collection Extraordinaire - California Rêverie by Van Cleef & Arpels Collection Extraordinaire - Ambre Impérial by Van Cleef & Arpels First (Eau de Toilette) by Van Cleef & Arpels First Edition Blanche by Van Cleef & Arpels Collection Extraordinaire - Bois d'Amande by Van Cleef & Arpels Birmane (Eau de Toilette) by Van Cleef & Arpels Zanzibar (Eau de Toilette) by Van Cleef & Arpels First (Eau de Parfum) by Van Cleef & Arpels Collection Extraordinaire - Precious Oud by Van Cleef & Arpels Collection Extraordinaire - Lys Carmin by Van Cleef & Arpels