Collection Extraordinaire - Orchidée Vanille (2009)

Collection Extraordinaire - Orchidée Vanille by Van Cleef & Arpels
Bottle Design: Carré Basset

Collection Extraordinaire - Orchidée Vanille is a popular perfume by Van Cleef & Arpels for women and was released in 2009. The scent is sweet-gourmand. It is still in production.

Randa Hammami

Top Notes Top NotesLychee, Almond, Orange, Chocolate
Heart Notes Heart NotesBulgarian rose, Vanilla bean, Violet
Base Notes Base NotesTonka bean, White musk, Cedarwood

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 23.03.2019

8.0 7.0 8.0 6.5/10
Sorry...
.... but I think it's very overrated!
I can't find anything from the listed ingredients in the fragrance. What's not bad for me now is that I like it very much when a fragrance is composed in such a way that all the fragrance notes merge into one overall But VO smells (for me) just like a simple dry relatively unsweet vanilla.
A quite simple thing!
With some goodwill it can be called "adult
Vanilla" and is perhaps still a kind of insider tip for people who absolutely want it sweet-free with vanilla.
But I can't find more specificity or something unusual in it.
Conclusion: Nice, really nice. But I don't have to have him!
7.0/10
Not that extraordinary
It's ironic that this collection is called extraordinary. It could not be more ordinary: non-descript scents that smell very similar to each other.

If you are looking for a vanilla perfume, keep moving. The vanilla in the name refers to the heart note: you get a very nice smoky vanilla for a few minutes before the flowery drydown. There is something musky lingering on the skin after some time. There is no sillage to speak of. I would see this being perfect for an older lady who does not like offensive and strong perfumes.

The best part of this perfume is the bottle.
Wonderful stuff!
Well, this is a pleasant one. I love any good vanilla perfume, and this is one of the better ones. It is such a deep, borderline boozy smell. It is vanilla and orchid and chocolate. At times I get both praline chocolate and truffle, with a hint of caramel in places. I would describe it as linear, but it's certainly interesting. It also reminds me of the same Cologne of the Missions or Spiriteuse Double Vanille vibe, although this is almost in gourmand-like territory.

I can't recommend this fragrance enough. I really like this smell, I think it's extraordinary. I would say that it depends if you have the money for this and other high-end vanilla fragrances. It is certainly a well-made, very well crafted perfume. You get your money's worth here. I can say that I wish it projected a little more, but I'm satisfied with it. Definitely one to try if you are a hardcore vanilla fan.
7.5 5.0 7.5 7.0/10
Smooth like Velvet
This is a positively gorgeous fragrance. Vanilla and orchid have never gone so well together. Orchidee Vanille is easily one of my favourite vanilla scents, and that's saying a lot.

The vanilla in this fragrance tends to be sweet and velvety, also light and fluffy at certain times. The orchid adds that hint of gourmand, which I find rather addictive. In the opening there's an interesting green freshness, which is soon smoothed out by a sugary and intense vanilla accord.

Some reviewers have noted a hint of chocolate and even caramel, which I can faintly smell too, so that's more of an incentive to classify Orchidee Vanille as a gourmand. Either way you look at it, this fragrance is pleasantly sweet but never overpowering.

Even though Orchidee Vanille is a fairly expensive release, I personally think it's worth it, but only if it agrees on your skin. Applying it with a light hand is also fairly important, as I find a little goes a long way.

Vanilla and gourmands go hand in hand in terms of what I like. The sweetness doesn't bother me, and neither does the musky drydown. I actually find this fragrance quite soothing and pretty on my skin, and wouldn't hesitate to wear it all year long. There's something about Van Cleef & Arpels' fragrances. They have this somewhat magical aura that draws me in.

If you like anything that smells sweet and gooey, and are at present seeking an upmarket perfume that fits the bill, Van Cleef & Arpels Orchidee Vanille is the perfect choice. I highly recommend.
5.0 7.5 7.5 10.0/10
Hayven
not much of a review, more like an opinion
This scent is very, very, very gourmand to me. I didn't smell mandarin or lychee in the beginning. It is all an orchid dipped in white chocolate for me. There is something about this perfume that evokes an image of a loving, sweet, young mother holding her newborn infant. I don't know why; probably because the scent is so soft, sweet, and makes me feel fuzzy inside when I wear it.
7.5 7.5 6.0/10
Vanilla-soaked Orchid
Whoever the creative director in charge of the Van Cleef & Arpels Collection Extraordinaire was obviously loves vanilla, as it is a major player in most of the members of this "nichesque" series of perfumes. I say "nichesque" because I am not convinced that these are any better than the above-average designer quality of the other perfumes launched by this house: ORIENS, FEERIE, and MIDNIGHT IN PARIS all come immediately to mind. They are all of higher quality than many of the mainstream designer perfumes being launched today, and so are the members of the Collection Extraordinaire. What I am not convinced of is that this series is any better than those, as they should be, given the elevated asking price.

ORCHIDEE VANILLE, unlike the other vanilla-infused perfumes in this group, explicitly informs us of its vanillic intentions through its name. So no one really has a right to complain when they discover that, lo, ORCHIDEE VANILLE packs a mighty punch of vanilla! Anyone who shuns vanilla in perfume already knows to stay very far away from a fragrance with such a name, but what about vanilla amateurs? What will they say?

I've worn this perfume now a couple of times, and I have to say that while it is nice, it's not really anything to get excited about and in some ways seems like a pretty blunt presentation of orchid and vanilla. It's not bad, mind you, but I think that there probably are better choices out there for those specifically seeking out vanilla perfumes. I suppose that ORCHIDEE VANILLE is suffering a bit in this evaluation, having the bad luck of being donned by me today after having worn Kenzo JUNGLE L'ELEPHANT, a far richer and more complex oriental perfume, last night.

I should add, however, that I'm not the biggest fan of vanilla-centric perfumes in the first place. I like and own L'Artisan Parfumeur VANILLE ABSOLUMENT, but generally speaking I prefer more complex and challenging oriental perfumes. Someone who fell for the Guerlain DOUBLE VANILLE SPIRITUEUSE might really like ORCHIDEE VANILLE, so I do not want to discourage them from trying this creation. It's not going on my wish list, but if you're a vanilla fanatic, it might be true love for you.
Fresh vanilla
This scent opens very fresh with the mandarin and lychee. Its very fruity in the beginning. Then it turns warmer with the tonka bean. Now it smells to me like the almond wedding sweets, sweet vanilla almondy. Soft wiffs of rose and violets.
I like this vanilla, soft and feminine

Jazzy76 12 months ago
Very sweet and warm,longlasting and good, in the style of Van Cleef, but at this expensive price I was expecting something more special.+3
6.0

by Zora
by Zora
by Meggy07
by Meggy07
by Amylovesyou
by Amylovesyou
sie saugt -die Dunkle Schokolade :)
by Jasmine87