Collection Extraordinaire - Bois Doré 2017

Collection Extraordinaire - Bois Doré by Van Cleef & Arpels
Collection Extraordinaire - Bois Doré is a popular perfume by Van Cleef & Arpels for women and men and was released in 2017. The scent is woody-sweet. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by Inter Parfums. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesPepper, Mineral notes
Heart Notes Heart NotesCedarwood, Vanilla
Base Notes Base NotesTonka bean absolute, White musk

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 30.11.2020.

On your knees...
I only recently discovered the house of Van Cleef & Arpels and now I already have 5 fragrances of the brand. Thanks to 4 days of home office a week, this is only semi worth it ;) Well I don't know about you guys, but my hobby really helped me in this Corona time. Actually, my hobby became really "extreme" only through Corona. When the slight depression comes, because you haven't experienced anything this year and you can't plan anything, I just sniff the new and old scents and every time someone gets me down again. The Bois Doré in particular. It is so incredibly warm, soothing and pleasant. I really lose myself in this fragrance. That warm vanilla and those wonderful woody notes. I always love musk anyway. The scent is also unisex. Which I also like, because I can't stand scents that are too sweet. I immediately fell in love with this fragrance and of course I had to test it in public. 1* office a week - it really has to be planned which scent is allowed ;) Bois Doré of course made it outside and that day I got 4 compliments. So Sillage seems to be good. Also the durability is mega. After 12 hours I could still smell it on my skin. I can only recommend this fragrance. Close your eyes and switch off.
very rare hours
i had when i was 11 years old, when i was with my dad. he remarried and i waited for moments alone with him. between us there was this silence in which so much emotion was screaming. so child i did not dare to say what i felt - later not to spare him. at 19 he took his own life.

christmas... everything is so festive and people are so careful in their dealings with each other. coffee and cake, christmas music, quiet conversations of trivialities - the typical hwg sentences. and if you are very quiet you can hear the pain behind it. old man... vca gave me a nice slap in the face with this credenz.

now i am sitting here with bois dorè on my arm and sniffing through the memories. with my neck tied and my cheeks wet. a good little therapy water to get rid of the "old burden"....

... such scents are 2 more that flash me. haeven from chopard - my first man who died too early and sun man from e.arden - my second one who fell in love with me.
Absolute unisex Tonka Bomb
Description of fragrance:

I sit up on a cliff and my legs dangle down towards the sea. It's already afternoon, so it gets a little windier and the waves begin to crash against the rocks. While I watch the waves and the slowly sinking sun, I eat a warm vanilla pudding
Tonka on warm skin
Bois Dore catches me every summer :)
I think it's because of these mineral notes that give me this summer feeling.
(between salty and sandy)
*Turquoise water - ice cream - sandy beach - the salty taste of sunny skin*

To the fragrance:
Bois Dore starts dry powdery with mineral notes. A peppery spice is also at the start and soon fine vanilla appears.
Holzig wird´s in the further course of fragrance. Fortunately, the cashmeran doesn't get on my nerves here.
A good shot of musk accompanies the dry powdery tonka bean, carried by wood, into the base. Musk and Tonka are always a great couple!
Bois Dore is creamy-dry powdery woody and despite vanilla and tonka rather unsweet.
The mineral notes remain in the fragrance, which I think is so beautiful and maybe that's why this Tonkaduft fits so well on warm skin.
A fragrance for the whole year (except when the temperature climbs to 30 degrees) but I think it can't unfold in cool temperatures. (For me personally the somewhat different summer scent - it doesn't always have to be fresh lemon!)
Shelf life is around 9 hours - the Sillage is outstanding. Too much sprayed kann´s sometimes happen that the Tonka starts to nerve ... less is more here ;)
In any case unisex!
The bottle in black piano lacquer is beautiful and simple.

Conclusion:
Summer feeling with mineral notes ... Tonka on warm skin!
Spicy- woody - dry powdery- unsweet
Tonka and musk are always an ingenious couple!

Shush dare you :)
(Tauer´s L'Eau is also such a summer candidate that falls out of line) !
They'll wrap me in Tonka
One of my absolute favorite fragrances. In winter, it wraps you in delicate vanilla and heavenly tonka bean and makes you almost forget the cold. The fragrance is really very warm, although it is written out as unisex, I find it rather feminine.

Leider hat der Flakon das Shooting nicht überlebt :( ... am Boden zerschellt *schnief*
by Sweetsmell75
by Khrodino
by Khrodino

Popular Van Cleef & Arpels

Collection Extraordinaire - Bois d'Iris by Van Cleef & Arpels Collection Extraordinaire - Orchidée Vanille by Van Cleef & Arpels Collection Extraordinaire - Moonlight Patchouli by Van Cleef & Arpels Midnight in Paris (Eau de Parfum) by Van Cleef & Arpels Gem (Eau de Toilette) by Van Cleef & Arpels Pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Van Cleef & Arpels Collection Extraordinaire - Rose Velours by Van Cleef & Arpels Tsar (Eau de Toilette) by Van Cleef & Arpels Midnight in Paris (Eau de Toilette) by Van Cleef & Arpels Collection Extraordinaire - Néroli Amara by Van Cleef & Arpels Collection Extraordinaire - California Rêverie by Van Cleef & Arpels Collection Extraordinaire - Ambre Impérial by Van Cleef & Arpels First (Eau de Toilette) by Van Cleef & Arpels Birmane (Eau de Parfum) by Van Cleef & Arpels First Edition Blanche by Van Cleef & Arpels Birmane (Eau de Toilette) by Van Cleef & Arpels Collection Extraordinaire - Precious Oud by Van Cleef & Arpels Collection Extraordinaire - Lys Carmin by Van Cleef & Arpels Collection Extraordinaire - Santal Blanc by Van Cleef & Arpels First (Eau de Parfum) by Van Cleef & Arpels