Collection Extraordinaire - Bois Doré 2017

Collection Extraordinaire - Bois Doré by Van Cleef & Arpels
Top 86 in Unisex Perfume
Collection Extraordinaire - Bois Doré is a popular perfume by Van Cleef & Arpels for women and men and was released in 2017. The scent is woody-sweet. It is being marketed by Inter Parfums. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesPepperPepper Mineral notesMineral notes
Heart Notes Heart NotesCedarwoodCedarwood VanillaVanilla
Base Notes Base NotesTonka bean absoluteTonka bean absolute White muskWhite musk

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 14.05.2022.

Dnf
Sweet, creamy and powdery.
Ok for the Prada Luna Rossa black side but only at the opening. (Musk/Pepper).
From mid to dry it's Fat Electrician's Free State orange. Well almost.. Take Fat Electrician, strongly dilute the vetiver and its smoky side and add a big dose of whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.. Call it what you want but it's a bit like that. Also found in this creamy mixture a little teak with tonka, or I would say a sandalwood to my nose. It's pretty well done but I must admit that I really expected something else. Especially since I'm not a fan of F.E
First wow, then well
The opening has pleased with very well! I wanted to press directly on buy. But I had to go and have postponed the purchase until later. Luckily! The pleasantly soft opening became more and more oppressive as time went on, an oppressive sweet vanilla like you know from the cheap vanilla deodorants that can probably trigger a headache in some. Too bad, could have been a round number. Fits my opinion also rather to a woman
LOVE
I own this fragrance now for about 1 year.
I had written a statement at the time, this now but deleted because this fragrance is worthy of a review :).
I was very interested in this fragrance for many months.
Only unfortunately, there was never a bottling here in the souk.
But since I LOVED tonka bean (one of my favorite scents), I had to have it and bought a bottle blind here at the souk.
I was so excited when the package was then on my kitchen table.
I opened it greedily.
This fragrance had already been used and so I knew that you could already get a hint of the scent from the atomizer.
The cap was hastily removed, off to the trunk and sniffed.
OH MY GOD...
I could perceive it super at the atomizer.
And what I smelled hit me right in the heart.
It was LOVE AT THE FIRST SQUEAK!
I wore this scent last fall/winter and I will again this time :).
For me, this tonka bean is the most beautiful I have smelled so far (even ahead of Feve Delicieuse by Dior ---> and I already think this tonka bean is great).
Bois Dore is for me tonka bean in perfection!
It is accompanied by a beautiful vanilla, a soft almond, great woody hints and a hint of tobacco (at least that's how I feel, at fragrantica tobacco is also given as a note with).
A beautiful and great succeeded sweet-woody fragrance.
I love this beauty!
Oh no, "love" is greatly understated...
I adore this beauty!

Who loves tonka bean as much as I do, should try it.
Have no fear of the woody notes, this is so wonderfully soft in this fragrance and harmonize perfectly with the mix of tonka vanilla almond.
Favea
A sticking plaster for the soul
Finally I had time and opportunity to test Bois Doré in detail. Even the frosty cold weather of these days fits wonderfully to this fragrance. Not because Bois Doré would be a cool fragrance - no, quite the opposite, it is a warm, enveloping soul fragrance.
In the first moment after spraying on, comes to me a smell of original Hansaplast sticking plaster (the brown, on the large rolls), which is probably due to the "mineral notes".
But very quickly, a warm, moderately sweet vanilla comes in, which along with an aromatic, woody aroma, soothes the "sticking plaster". Kind of like when parents sing a "Heal, Heal, Bless" to their kids after they've been patched up - I'm immediately soothed and captured by this soft scent. The discreet, comforting vanilla is supported but soon by a real powerful tonka bean, which motivates so rousing, with its balsamic scent, that you completely forget his "sticking plaster injury", and only warm, happy and radiant tonka vanilla feels.

Bois Doré is a wonderful fragrance. Strong, soft and blissful. Nicely balanced - of nothing too much (unless you have an aversion to tonka or vanilla), but also well perceived, both for himself and for his environment. Lasts at least 7 hours, more likely longer, but then subtle. I feel him by the mineral subnote also not as extremely sweet - warm meets it in my eyes rather.
A comforting fragrance in fine black bottle for cold days when you want a hug.
On your knees...
I only recently discovered the house of Van Cleef & Arpels and now I already have 5 fragrances of the brand. Thanks to 4 days of home office a week, this is only semi worth it ;) Well I don't know about you guys, but my hobby really helped me in this Corona time. Actually, my hobby became really "extreme" only through Corona. When the slight depression comes, because you haven't experienced anything this year and you can't plan anything, I just sniff the new and old scents and every time someone gets me down again. The Bois Doré in particular. It is so incredibly warm, soothing and pleasant. I really lose myself in this fragrance. That warm vanilla and those wonderful woody notes. I always love musk anyway. The scent is also unisex. Which I also like, because I can't stand scents that are too sweet. I immediately fell in love with this fragrance and of course I had to test it in public. 1* office a week - it really has to be planned which scent is allowed ;) Bois Doré of course made it outside and that day I got 4 compliments. So Sillage seems to be good. Also the durability is mega. After 12 hours I could still smell it on my skin. I can only recommend this fragrance. Close your eyes and switch off.
very rare hours
i had when i was 11 years old, when i was with my dad. he remarried and i waited for moments alone with him. between us there was this silence in which so much emotion was screaming. so child i did not dare to say what i felt - later not to spare him. at 19 he took his own life.

christmas... everything is so festive and people are so careful in their dealings with each other. coffee and cake, christmas music, quiet conversations of trivialities - the typical hwg sentences. and if you are very quiet you can hear the pain behind it. old man... vca gave me a nice slap in the face with this credenz.

now i am sitting here with bois dorè on my arm and sniffing through the memories. with my neck tied and my cheeks wet. a good little therapy water to get rid of the "old burden"....

... such scents are 2 more that flash me. haeven from chopard - my first man who died too early and sun man from e.arden - my second one who fell in love with me.
Tonka on warm skin
Bois Dore catches me every summer :)
I think it's because of these mineral notes that give me this summer feeling.
(between salty and sandy)
*Turquoise water - ice cream - sandy beach - the salty taste of sunny skin*

To the fragrance:
Bois Dore starts dry powdery with mineral notes. A peppery spice is also at the start and soon fine vanilla appears.
Holzig wird´s in the further course of fragrance. Fortunately, the cashmeran doesn't get on my nerves here.
A good shot of musk accompanies the dry powdery tonka bean, carried by wood, into the base. Musk and Tonka are always a great couple!
Bois Dore is creamy-dry powdery woody and despite vanilla and tonka rather unsweet.
The mineral notes remain in the fragrance, which I think is so beautiful and maybe that's why this Tonkaduft fits so well on warm skin.
A fragrance for the whole year (except when the temperature climbs to 30 degrees) but I think it can't unfold in cool temperatures. (For me personally the somewhat different summer scent - it doesn't always have to be fresh lemon!)
Shelf life is around 9 hours - the Sillage is outstanding. Too much sprayed kann´s sometimes happen that the Tonka starts to nerve ... less is more here ;)
In any case unisex!
The bottle in black piano lacquer is beautiful and simple.

Conclusion:
Summer feeling with mineral notes ... Tonka on warm skin!
Spicy- woody - dry powdery- unsweet
Tonka and musk are always an ingenious couple!

Shush dare you :)
(Tauer´s L'Eau is also such a summer candidate that falls out of line) !
They'll wrap me in Tonka
One of my absolute favorite fragrances. In winter, it wraps you in delicate vanilla and heavenly tonka bean and makes you almost forget the cold. The fragrance is really very warm, although it is written out as unisex, I find it rather feminine.

HermeshHermesh 14 days ago
Gourmand vanilla and tonka bean in harmony with woods, but as the mineral spiciness fades, so does the thrill.
Zebra782Zebra782 3 months ago
Like a warm cup of vanilla infused almond milk, addictively delicious.
HarmHeerkensHarmHeerkens 7 months ago
Wonderful tonka note mixed in with sweet vanilla, an absolute gem to spray on a cosy, indoor relaxing night.

Ein wahrer Schatz.....dunkel und weich zugleich ....
by Bernebee
Leider hat der Flakon das Shooting nicht überlebt :( ... am Boden zerschellt *schnief*
by Sweetsmell75
.........auf ein glückliches gesundes Jahr 2022......❤🥳🥳🥳🥳
by Bernebee
.......  hier fühlt er sich wohl......
by Bernebee
Vergangenheit : der Beobachter.... Wie viele Versuche... Wie viele Opfer...
by Gandix
Ein Ort, an dem viele Verbrechen geschahen. Die Düsternis dafür. Das Licht, weil diese Zeiten zum Glück der Vergangenheit angehören.
by LaPerleNoire
by ToniH
by DanyPereyra
by DanyPereyra

Popular by Van Cleef & Arpels

Collection Extraordinaire - Orchidée Vanille by Van Cleef & Arpels Collection Extraordinaire - Bois d'Iris by Van Cleef & Arpels Collection Extraordinaire - Moonlight Patchouli by Van Cleef & Arpels Pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Van Cleef & Arpels Midnight in Paris (Eau de Parfum) by Van Cleef & Arpels Collection Extraordinaire - Néroli Amara by Van Cleef & Arpels Gem (Eau de Toilette) by Van Cleef & Arpels Collection Extraordinaire - Rose Velours by Van Cleef & Arpels Tsar (Eau de Toilette) by Van Cleef & Arpels Midnight in Paris (Eau de Toilette) by Van Cleef & Arpels Collection Extraordinaire - California Rêverie by Van Cleef & Arpels Collection Extraordinaire - Ambre Impérial by Van Cleef & Arpels First (Eau de Toilette) by Van Cleef & Arpels Collection Extraordinaire - Oud Blanc by Van Cleef & Arpels Collection Extraordinaire - Bois d'Amande by Van Cleef & Arpels First (Eau de Parfum) by Van Cleef & Arpels Collection Extraordinaire - Santal Blanc by Van Cleef & Arpels Zanzibar (Eau de Toilette) by Van Cleef & Arpels Collection Extraordinaire - Orchid Leather by Van Cleef & Arpels Collection Extraordinaire - Precious Oud by Van Cleef & Arpels