Collection Extraordinaire - Rêve d'Ylang (2019)

Collection Extraordinaire - Rêve d'Ylang by Van Cleef & Arpels

Collection Extraordinaire - Rêve d'Ylang is a new perfume by Van Cleef & Arpels for women and men and was released in 2019. The scent is gourmand-powdery. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by Inter Parfums.

Ylang-ylang, Cardamom, Saffron, Patchouli, Vanilla

Submitted by Morpheus1, last update on 22.10.2019

8.0 7.0 8.0 8.5/10

Hunting instinct....
A quick visit to the KaDeWe. Passing by, my eye glances at a mighty black attracting glass bottle. One sprayer on the back of the hand and three on the paper strip. From the back of my hand a warm and fresh scent rose towards me during my drive home.
Shortly decided: this is a scent for sharing. Easier thought than done, in the KaDeWe it was already sold out the next day. Also two Internet perfumeries, told me: sold out, although they had already received their money. Van Cleef & Arpels France gave me the information that Reve d'Ylang was only produced in very small quantities and may not be available again until March 2020.
My hunting instinct was awakened and two days ago DHL brought me a big heavy box.
A glossy black piano varnish box comes to light : ups the first fingerprint on the elegant glossy box.
Just a sprayer on the back of your hand, fresh, green, dynamic, sharp. I smell cardamom and saffron. The saffron is a bit spicy, but in combination with the fruity citrus-like aroma of cardamom it rounds off quickly.
Ylang Ylang... Also called "flower of life", it is made from the finest ingredients. It consists of one with plenty of spices and sweet tones that reminds us of the heat of a tropical sun. With the delicate patchouli, the fragrance develops warmly, quietly unobtrusively. The vanilla sticks long.
The Sillage is unobtrusive. The shelf life with me approx. 7 hours
A real dream...

That's "great."
First you hold a real piece of jewellery in your hands, a beautiful bottle, black matt with golden elements. It's a pleasure to touch. That convinces me to test him. He reminds me a little of something smoky which is immensely fragrant. I think cardamom and saffron are a very special pairing here. I find it sensual but in a classic way - a little aristocratically noble. It has a real depth, it is dark without drifting into mysticism, I rather mean that the basis of all ingredients inevitably forms a dark matrix that is extremely good and long lasting. The patchouli is softened by the vanilla (is there any expression at all???) very fine fragrance, it hovers around me all day, has for me very pleasing nothing floral, rather slightly spicy Oriental. But I'm not talking about the spice bazaar, rather a delicate spice that brings a light freshness. The often strong and air-taking spice power of some Orientals - you know that - has nothing at all in common with this particularly successful perfume! I would like to wear it in the coming cold, dark time as it fits in very well and leaves a soft black silk satin trace, that perhaps describes it quite well. It has a quite reasonable price (290.-) and is limited. But it is special because it is intense and long-lasting without completely occupying the space. Noble class - luxury to scent yourself with it. It stands out completely from the usual fragrance genre, I promise.

by Rajudaph