Féerie (2008) Eau de Parfum

Féerie (Eau de Parfum) by Van Cleef & Arpels
Bottle Design: Luigi Bormioli

Féerie (Eau de Parfum) is a perfume by Van Cleef & Arpels for women and was released in 2008. The scent is floral-fruity. It was last marketed by Inter Parfums.

Top Notes Top NotesMandarin, Blackcurrant blossom, Violet leaf
Heart Notes Heart NotesJasmine, Rose, Rose essence, Violet
Base Notes Base NotesPrecious woods, Iris, Vetiver

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 20.07.2019

8.0 2.0 6.0 7.0/10

Cute Violet Candy
Féerie has one of the most eye-catching bottles in the perfume world. The bottle itself is already attractive enough to make me commit an impulse blind buy. However, a gorgeous bottle containing a splendid fragrance, isn't it too good to be true? Well, splendid might it not be, I certainly had a delightful surprise.

The opening actually smells slightly spicy to me. For the first hour, besides vague fruits and flowers, I also smell something like ginger.

After the gentle spiciness fades away, here comes a lovely blend of sparkling black currant and red berries, powdery violet and a light touch of rose. Every composition offers their most adorable aspects but still remain in harmony. It smells like some sort of violet candy. Sweet, not the gourmand type, but with a mature approach.

However, Féerie still has one important drawback IMO. After about 3 hours, it soon dries down into a soft iris scent with a ghost of the wonderful middle notes. It's still lovely, but with 2 good spritzes I still have to stick my nose to the wrist to detect it.

Nevertheless, it's still a lovely and versatile fragrance in a stunning bottle. Plus, it's a fragrance relatively easy to appreciate. I'm sure most people will be happy receiving it as a gift.
5.0 7.5 7.5 6.0/10

Awkward bottle design, but lovely fragrance
Once you manage to get over the rather awkwardly designed bottle top, Feerie is not such a bad scent afterall.

Don't get me wrong, there is something rather likable about the midnight blue, crystal bottle, and the silver fairy sitting on a twig, but for handling purposes, especially in the large 100ml bottle, it can be more like a weapon of mass destruction than a beautiful bottle on your dresser.

The top notes can be a little on the strong side, with thick, juicy black currant and oily rose. I had fears that this fragrance would be venturing down the same path as Britney Spears Midnight Fantasy. Thankfully it does not.

The heart is much smoother and more tame, with a beautiful, dusty blend of violet leaf, delicate roses and vanillary woods. The scent is actually quite magical, and I have admittedly grown to love it over time. It's a great choice for Winter or night-time.

Everyone seems to be complaining about the price, but I'm not in the same boat, seeming that a full size bottle can be found for less than $50 in my country. But to be completely honest, I probably wouldn't pay any more than that to own Feerie.

I didn't find Feerie to be too sweet, or even a sickly gourmand. If anything, it's a delicately presented fruity floral, best suited to cool weather. I'm very thankful that this isn't a sillage monster on the skin, and am even more pleased by the great lasting strength.

The targeted age range in my opinion, is probably aimed at women in their late teens to mid twenties. Essentially it's something I could imagine myself wearing and receiving a fair few compliments too.

Bcars10 22 months ago
Here's the "treacle-mustard"! And a drydown that smells like grape jelly.
9.0