Flower Princess 2008

Flower Princess by Vera Wang
Bottle Design Henry de Monclin
Flower Princess is a limited perfume by Vera Wang for women and was released in 2008. The scent is floral-fresh. The production was apparently discontinued. Pronunciation Limited Edition

Harry Frémont

Top Notes Top NotesApricotApricot Mandarin orangeMandarin orange Water lilyWater lily
Heart Notes Heart NotesJasmineJasmine MimosaMimosa Orange blossomOrange blossom RoseRose
Base Notes Base NotesAmberAmber Precious woodsPrecious woods MuskMusk

Submitted by Kiwi, last update on 20.03.2020.

Cleaning day
It's a very exhausting move. Not only do you live in chaos for days on end, but all kinds of dirt and dust appear. You can vacuum and clean as thoroughly as you want, behind some cupboard or on some box there is a wool mouse hanging again. The fact that I have a house dust allergy does not exactly relax me.

Yesterday I unpacked part of my perfume collection and put it in his new home. The flacons were as happy as I was to have finally arrived. So far there are no damages to complain about, I could only detect a slightly dented packaging. How I have missed them these last two weeks, my little darlings! Finally I can test again, sniff and enjoy the beautiful bottles.

Today is a day when we have something absolutely unglamorous planned: Cleaning the old apartment for the next tenant. Normally I would not come up with the idea to apply anything else besides deodorant for scenting during such activities. But after the perfumeless time, during which I could only live on a few samples, it must be. Just what scent do you wear to clean? It should be something fresh, light and uncomplicated. Since my small Clean collection is still hidden in the vastness of the moving boxes, something else has to serve. I'm looking at Flower Princess. I remember that this one can be flowery fresh and just the right thing. So I put on my cleaning clothes, run back to the perfume cabinet and spray 3 times bravely into my décolleté. The first gush that comes my way doesn't please me, too alcoholic and chemical starts this flowery princess. The first impression quickly fades away and a harmless, softener-like floral note develops, which does not disturb, keeps me reasonably fresh and matches the aromas of the cleaning agents. That's about it.

At that time I bought it in a fit of collecting mania, but now I regret the almost unreflected spending of money. Now I have to live with it, flagellate myself, wear all the scents... No, it's not that bad. Well, the flower princess was just there, fit to some extent, not disturbed. It is difficult to identify individual scents, as they smell too uniform. Whether I will wear them again, I can't say, but I will keep an eye on them, the next spring cleaning will come for sure.
clean and neat
I still remember the times when Wang was still offered in perfumeries at not exactly cheap prices.

I happily got myself a princess at that time - and still have fun with it.
But in the meantime, this brand can be found very cheaply in drugstores.
What happened?
The fragrances have lost nothing of their appealing lightness.

Now you can also afford a Wang "easily".
And also as small, nice presents they are very suitable.

So I went to the Flower Princess, because already the flowery cartouche is lovely.
The aquatic start of mandarin and water lily fits into the summer, and the apricot is mildly fruity.
The flowery parts are light and delicate, so that a clean impression is created.
Woody lends a touch of elegance and moves the fragrance out of the "teen corner".
Adult ladies are also neatly dressed with this princess.

A bright, friendly smell, which I will give gladly to a good acquaintance.
I'm not going to use it to rub it in.

Forgettable floral
Sure, Flower Princess is pretty, but it doesn't seem to evolve much further than that.

May I ask, but where are the fruits? All I get is a rather bland, predictable, soft floral blend, which honestly is far too musky for my liking.

I'll admit that the bottle, packaging and advertising doesn't suggest that Flower Princess is anything more than pretty and charming. My craving for something bold and unique comes from my frustration with this scent. I wanted memorable but after a few minutes I couldn't remember how this smelt. Aren't Vera Wang scents meant to compliment a bride on her wedding day? On my wedding day I hope to wear something that will make me stand out in a crowd, not blend in with one.

After getting all that off my chest and reflecting back on the scent itself, Flower Princess is still pleasant and undeniably feminine. I can't disregard the fact that some people prefer soft and transparent scents to loud ones. So because of that observation I will recommend Flower Princess to those that like soft, basic florals.

Popular by Vera Wang

Vera Wang by Vera Wang Embrace - Periwinkle and Iris (Eau de Toilette) by Vera Wang Princess (Eau de Toilette) by Vera Wang Vera Wang for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Vera Wang Bouquet by Vera Wang Truly Pink by Vera Wang Princess Night by Vera Wang Look by Vera Wang Lovestruck by Vera Wang Embrace - French Lavender & Tuberose (Eau de Toilette) by Vera Wang Forever Vera by Vera Wang Rock Princess by Vera Wang Sheer Veil by Vera Wang Embrace - Green Tea and Pear Blossom (Eau de Toilette) by Vera Wang Be Jeweled by Vera Wang Princess of Hearts by Vera Wang Embrace - Rose Buds and Vanilla (Eau de Toilette) by Vera Wang Pink Princess by Vera Wang Glam Princess by Vera Wang Anniversary by Vera Wang