Lovestruck (2011)

Lovestruck by Vera Wang
Bottle Design: Wilhelm Liden

Lovestruck is a perfume by Vera Wang for women and was released in 2011. The scent is floral-fruity. It is still in production.

Stephen Nilsen

Top Notes Top NotesMandarin, Pink guava
Heart Notes Heart NotesLotus, Tuberose
Base Notes Base NotesWoods, Musk

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 23.08.2018

5.0 5.0 5.0 5.0/10

Another over-hyped fruity floral
I'm not feeling the love, sorry. Lovestruck to me smells flirty, fun and fruity, but not like anything I would personally associate with feeling 'struck by love'. Romance is zilch, but guava is a plenty.

I'm on a tropical beach, complete with palm trees and a beach umbrella. There are hot, half-naked, tanned men everywhere and falling in love is the last thing I want to do on my tropical holiday. Flirting however is on top of my list of things to do, and a Summer fling is a possibility. This is Lovestruck. Tropical and wild, but never serious.

I'm a young girl all over again. This fragrance is not what I'd call mature. If you seek maturity, look for Vera Wang for Women or Bouquet. This fragrance is very much along the same lines as the Princess range.

I wish this trend for crazily decorated bottle tops would go out of fashion. This bottle looks like it would topple over with a gentle push. The company states that Lovestruck is the new definition of Romeo and Juliet. Oh please, this scent is neither devastating nor passionate. Leave the Shakespearean masterpiece for something with a melancholy blend of roses and oud.

Some of my friends received this fragrance from their boyfriends for Valentine's Day this year. I say that's a sweet and thoughtful move, but I'm glad my boyfriend didn't follow in the same suit. I received a bottle of Givenchy Ysatis instead.

The issue I have with Lovestruck is its fruitiness, which is neither unique nor interesting to my nose. It smells like so many other fragrances on the market already, and that annoys me because it makes reviewing a fragrance really hard. I try to be as fair as I can, but I have to be honest when I think a fragrance smells like nothing more than your average shampoo. Jammy fruits, fresh florals and forgettable drydowns aren't, and will never be, my cup of tea.
5.0 5.0 4.0/10

Aren't these headdresses starting to get out of control?
How many more of the Sephora "try me" coffrets will I be buying? (Well, perhaps if they start producing them for L'Artisan Parfumeur, which is now apparently a part of their line-up...) On their face, the coffrets a great deal: you pay less than the cost of a bottle of perfume for a box which contains ten or so samples, and you receive a voucher to exchange for the bottle of perfume which you have in effect paid for up front. In other words, the samples are free.

Perhaps samples should just be free, period, with no strings attached, but this is the way things have evolved in the twenty-first-century mainstream perfume industry. Good luck procuring manufacturer's samples from any of the department stores. Now you have to do one of their "bag events" or gwps to walk away with any carded samples for free.

Back to Sephora: The only problem with the coffret deal is that you are restricted to the choices arrayed before you. I'm having difficulties these days finding even one acceptable candidate.

Vera Wang LOVESTRUCK begins big with its odd "I am even cooler than Marc Jacobs LOLA" headdress. I guess. What is this thing on top of the bottle even supposed to be? It does remind me a bit of women who wear bird's nests and the like affixed to their hats. Is there supposed to be some sort of connection between the tulle and the plastic and what not and the perfume inside the bottle? If so, I have not been able to figure out what it is.

To my nose, LOVESTRUCK smells an awful lot like cake frosting. Images of sheet cakes have definitely been dancing before my mind's eye. White sheet cakes with pumped-icing roses and curlicue edgings all around. There is something strangely decadent about such cakes, even though in truth they are not at all culinarily complex, and they don't even taste very good. Perhaps it's the idea that one is eating something totally and utterly devoid of nutritional value which leads one to fork in a few bites. After that, the cake quickly loses its appeal, and it becomes necessary to drink some black coffee and ice water to recover.

LOVESTRUCK smells suspiciously similar to some other designer perfumes which I've tasted [sic] of late. I do not smell any identifiable flowers or fruits. Maybe at this point these are all being sourced from the very same vat? The Cotyization of designer perfumes appears to be well underway...

by Nicolsche
by Nicolsche
by Liebmausdana
by Liebmausdana

Popular Vera Wang

Princess (Eau de Toilette) by Vera Wang Vera Wang for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Vera Wang Vera Wang by Vera Wang Look by Vera Wang Lovestruck by Vera Wang Embrace - Periwinkle and Iris (Eau de Toilette) by Vera Wang Princess Night by Vera Wang Rock Princess by Vera Wang Be Jeweled by Vera Wang Bouquet by Vera Wang Embrace - Green Tea and Pear Blossom (Eau de Toilette) by Vera Wang Forever Vera by Vera Wang Truly Pink by Vera Wang Lovestruck Floral Rush by Vera Wang Embrace - Rose Buds and Vanilla (Eau de Toilette) by Vera Wang Sheer Veil by Vera Wang Flower Princess by Vera Wang Princess of Hearts by Vera Wang Be Jeweled Rouge by Vera Wang Pink Princess by Vera Wang