Princess 2006Eau de Toilette

Princess (Eau de Toilette) by Vera Wang
Princess (Eau de Toilette) is a perfume by Vera Wang for women and was released in 2006. The scent is sweet-floral. It is being marketed by Coty.

Top Notes Top NotesLady apple, Apricot, Mandarin meringue, Water lily
Heart Notes Heart NotesPink guava, Tiaré, Tuberose, Dark chocolate
Base Notes Base NotesVanilla cake, Sugar icing, Amber, Woods

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 19.06.2020.

DonJuanDeCat
Vera's certainly no princess!
Hi guys, how are you today? Here I am again (... to your sorrow??... :DD) and bring a new fragrance description with me. Today it is about a Vera Wang fragrance that I would like to dedicate to a friend of mine. Not because of the fragrance itself, because it's not that special now, but rather because of the name Vera, because the friend, well, is also called Vera and I don't have any other fragrance with her name in it at the moment. Therefore I can dedicate all Vera Wang fragrances or fragrances with Vera in the name to her, because I like her so much :)
Yeah, I'm just being nice, even if you never believe me, hmph!

So, what can you say about Vera? Well, Vera is beautiful, and sexy, and hot, and sweet, and sweet, and graceful, and... no wait... graceful... hmm... okay, graceful she is definitely not :D
Although she is totally sweet, she likes to curse and scold! But that's not all!
A princess glides and floats elegantly across the floor, attracting the attention of men. Vera also attracts all the men's attention because she looks so hot... but if she should try to glide over the floor like a princess, her legs, which are admittedly totally great, would immediately get tangled up and she would clap her face right on the floor. Yeah, she can be that clumsy! D

When eating, especially in summer, when she is sometimes dressed more airily, one would surely take a look at her neckline, only to notice that she has long since spilled food on her top without noticing it herself :D
Yes, all these characteristics may make it difficult to make her look graceful, but she doesn't have to be, because she is still charming and sweet... at least when she's not burping around with a beer bottle in her hand... :DD

Well, let's move on to the "Princess" scent The scent starts out quite synthetically sweet and you can smell a flowery, jasmine-like sweetness and a fruity floral scent, which I somehow can't quite decompose into its individual parts. Sure, flowery scents are still my biggest weakness, but I also have difficulties to identify the fruit. Tangerine, as it is listed here, I don't necessarily smell out, a Lady apple (probably better known as the brand Pink Lady) is also only partly available and honestly, I wouldn't even come up with an apple if it wasn't listed here.
Also later I smell out most of all a flowery sweetness, whereby the scent now also begins to smell a little chocolaty sweet. There are also softer notes, which should come from the vanilla. The synthetic also becomes a bit stronger, which is not necessarily so great.
Even later, fortunately, this synthetics is much less pronounced, I continue to smell the flowery, sweet notes, and then tap Tiare (whatever that is... and why do I always have to think of tiramisu when I think of Tiare? Probably because I'm such a glutton... tss..) and tuberoses.
In the end the fragrance is quite opulent floral-sweet. I'd almost say that the flowery-sweet scents really get into it in a somewhat oppressive way, but maybe the ladies feel this differently, I myself don't like these kind of oppressive-sticky scents. That's why I don't like the base so much, so that I don't find the fragrance so successful for the most part.

The Sillage and the durability:
The Sillage is quite ok, the scent radiates well and is good to smell on one for a while. I also liked the shelf life of over eight hours.

The bottle! The bottle has the shape of a heart and is filled with a pink scented liquid. Matching the name that appears on the front, the cap is shaped like a crown. Although everything looks a bit kitschy, it's nicely made and makes a nice change to normal "standard" flacons.

Conclusion:
Soo... okay, the smell is not so special now. But it doesn't necessarily smell bad or girlie or teenage (even if you might think so at the beginning of the fragrance or from the look of the bottle, because especially later on the fragrance is much too flowery and opulent for younger ladies... at least I think so), but it has the usual synthetic scents that you're used to from such fragrances. So Princess is a fragrance you could wear one day, but it's the kind of fragrance you smell once and then forget about.

It is meant to go out, as it smells quite sweet and also a bit opulent, but I wish it didn't have the now and then rising, stuffy and above all sultry notes. From the season at the beginning it seems to be an allrounder, but later on, as I said, it gets a bit too intense, so I would recommend it more for autumn.

Well, you don't necessarily have to test the fragrance with it and I wish I could dedicate a better fragrance to Vera, but hey, there are still more than 100000 fragrances, among which there are certainly some that go well with a charming, but sometimes also quite clumsy woman, he he :D

Well, that's it then, so take care, take care and bye! :)

Like a Walt Disney's movie princess
I've tested many times this scent at my usual drugstore and frankly , when the salesgirl proposed me this product in offer, I loked at the bottle and I said to myself: "It looks very girly, it seems like a toy-scent". Anyway, although the heart-shaped bottle with the Golden crown - cap (reminding me of fairytales with princesses and frogs) i sprayed this scent: very light at the the first smell, dominated by sweet meringue and apple-waterlily notes, but after a few minutes you perceive the warm and feminine tuberose heart and the dark chocolate touch, giving a less evanescent character to this bouquet. very pleasant the base, not so heavy, but anyway noticeable: a sweet and warm vanilla and woods accord . The sillage is light to average and clearly this fragrance was thought for a teenager -Young target , surely not for a mature lady. But if you're feeling again like a girl, why don't wear just for fun this feminine-gourmand bouquet? maybe the price, anyway reasonable, is a little high in comparison with the longevity and the sillage, but I think you pay mainly the "artistic" multifaceted bottle , maybe a little kitsch but pretty in its style. it could be the perfect scent for a theme party or for everytime you want to feel like a princess!
Reclaras
And Charlotte York said, "Could you not use the F-word in Vera Wang?"
The marketing is clearly held: Princess is a fragrance for the reluctant princess, who accepts her office but is still against the ceremonial imposed on her in her heart. She wears crown and dress, but drinks the champagne to her ex, celebrates unbridled, sleeps well into the dolls, wraps her fine damask bed linen in the morning and has breakfast brought to her bed.

For this picture, however, the fragrance lacks precisely this rebellion, the break in harmony, the unexpected, yes, perhaps the crooked crown, the shredded hair or the wickedly slipped down wearer of the pompous silk dress.

Princess is on the shelves at DM. Unpretentious. In line with Mexx and Betty Barclay. And that unfortunately throws a very wrong picture on this little masterpiece.

It's a sweet scent, yes, simple and touching. But then again not. He's incomparable. I smell above all: cocoa, yes, the scent that flows towards you when you open the Kaba can as a child. So, but a little softer, less bitter. I can't smell the top notes, if at all a little apricot. A light vanilla is added. It's slightly powdery. But all these sweet components seem to be balanced by... yeah, that's a mystery to me. Anyway, it's not as bitingly sweet as Prada's "candy", like the sweet vanilla in Hypnotic poison, it's less intrusive, no "loud" sweet perfume, but also not "pure cotton candy".

My association with a woman for whom the fragrance is tailor-made: Charlotte York from Sex and the City. A romantic woman, playful in her style, but still classic. Sometimes pink and pink wearing, but always raised head, self-confident, not girlish, not Reese Witherspoon in natural blonde. No, the woman in my imagination doesn't wear a Chihuahu, maybe rather a graceful Labrador to her pink dress. She wears it as she adjusts the freshly cut roses in the vase, then sits on a white couch, drinks a green tea and watches interior design magazines.

The hook, as unfortunately far too often: it does not last long, the little spell. If I were, God, I'd just leave the house wrapped up in him.

Dear perfume house Coty, how about an Extrait de parfum?

Cute bottle, dull perfume
This is a fragrance which comes in a cute bottle appealing to teenage girls, but I think it is a dull mixture of "Pink Sugar", "Prada Candy" (which came later - so who is copying whom?) and Escada (the fruity line, think "Rocking Rio"). It's a repetitive fragrance...there are so many perfumes of that kind on the market and I find them all boring. No new ideas, just the ordinary fruit salad coupled with large amounts of cloying vanilla. I think there are about five "Princess" flankers out there now, obviously a lot of people love this concept.

Nearly as Annoying as Pink Sugar
Vera Wang PRINCESS is a very sweet, unidimensional fragrance, which initially reminded me of a cross between PINK SUGAR and a dilute solution of LOLITA LEMPICKA. For some reason, the chocolate note was coming across as closer to licorice to my nose.

As PRINCESS wore on my skin--without any true development--it came to remind me more and more of PINK SUGAR and not at all of LL. In the end, I found this composition nearly as annoying as the Aquolina, and although I did not feel the need to scrub it off, nor do I have any desire to wear it again. Definitely not for me. Anyone who likes PINK SUGAR would probably like PRINCESS.

Pretty as a princess
Princess is such a fitting name for this scent.

It's sweet, pretty, girlish, charming and cute. The kind of scent that would suit a real girly-girl with a wild imagination.

The opening of this fragrance has quite a gourmand feel to it. It reminds me of iced donuts, candy, chocolate and sugar. There is no doubt that this is a sweet fragrance, something that will appeal to those that like getting a tooth-ache from their perfumes.

Unfortunately there are many sweet scents on the market at the moment, which doesn't leave this fragrance standing out in a crowd, however the scent itself is nicely done and definitely smells expensive.

The lasting power is quite good and the drydown also very lovely, quite musky yet sweet. I can understand why this fragrance has become so popular and I believe that the beautiful packaging is also half of this fragrance's success.

BlkbrdBlkbrd 22 months ago
Transparent vanilla/tiaré (gardenia)/amber/guava/cocoa. Many kinds of sweet, but a blend w/ a gentle, crystalline patience. That branding...
Jazzy76Jazzy76 2 years ago
a floral-sweet scent with gourmand accents given by the chocolate touch. Not bad but light and a little girlish for the kitsch bottle too!

by HsChen
by Echtdufte
by Vawallpa
by Vawallpa

Popular Vera Wang

Vera Wang by Vera Wang Bouquet by Vera Wang Vera Wang for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Vera Wang Embrace - Periwinkle and Iris (Eau de Toilette) by Vera Wang Truly Pink by Vera Wang Princess Night by Vera Wang Look by Vera Wang Lovestruck by Vera Wang Rock Princess by Vera Wang Sheer Veil by Vera Wang Embrace - Green Tea and Pear Blossom (Eau de Toilette) by Vera Wang Flower Princess by Vera Wang Forever Vera by Vera Wang Be Jeweled by Vera Wang Pink Princess by Vera Wang Princess of Hearts by Vera Wang Anniversary by Vera Wang Embrace - Rose Buds and Vanilla (Eau de Toilette) by Vera Wang Lovestruck Floral Rush by Vera Wang Glam Princess by Vera Wang