Blue Jeans 1994

Blue Jeans by Versace
Bottle Design Gianni Versace
Blue Jeans is a perfume by Versace for men and was released in 1994. The scent is fresh-sweet. It is being marketed by EuroItalia.
Scent goes well with Royal Vintage

Top Notes Top NotesAniseed, Basil, Bergamot, Rosewood, Juniper, Citrus fruits
Heart Notes Heart NotesCarnation, Geranium, Heliotrope, Jasmine, Lavender, Lily of the valley, Rose, Sage, Fir
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Iris, Musk, Patchouli, Sandalwood, Tonka bean, Vanilla, Vetiver, Cedar

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 08.01.2021.

Nice!
I blind bought this and I love it. I wouldn't say that it was love at first sniff, but following 30-45 minutes of application it takes me. My girlfriend described the scent in one word, and it wasn't anything verbose or complex; that word was simply, "nice", and I agree 100%.

Out of all the fragrances I own, Blue Jeans is in the top 10, perhaps one of my safest, most comfortable and appealing scents. Perhaps I just enjoy sweet fragrances that much (I do). I didn't get the Coke/Coca Cola vibe that many got with this initially, but as time ensued I could smell a very light, fizzy cola note. It feels like I just took a plastic cup, filled it up with ice cubes, poured Coca Cola into it and let the air bubbles lightly tap across my nose.

For its price (I paid 15€), it's a high value fragrance at a cost that won't leave you feeling nervous about removing money from your wallet when you spray it. Like I said, I received it last week and I can already attest that it's one of the best fragrances I own, and I'm sure I'll be reaching for it often.

Go grab you Blue Jeans!
Playful cleanliness
This fragrance has only recently found its way into my collection. When my friend smelled it on me for the first time, I received a compliment. My family, who usually find the scents I usually wear rather bad, once found this one good for once. "It doesn't smother you like that."

Somehow reminds me of my Italian uncle, I should ask him if he wore the fragrance back then.

About the fragrance itself:
Vintage, definitely a '90s kid. Freshly showered, synthetic.
I cannot perceive individual notes in the course of the piece, everything is interwoven with each other.
I came up with this scent because I knew a girl who wore it once Absolutely unisex-suitable.

Love,

ElisaBelle
Salva
My friend, stay as you are.
The vast majority of us have in our
Environment at least one person or know someone from somewhere, who is liked by everyone. The person who is honest, straightforward, nice, polite, respectful and simply has the heart in the right place
Often it is people who are never guilty of anything, who never harm any fly, who (unfortunately) have their being nice interpreted as a disadvantage...
But especially these people are those who deserve the best of this earth...

And that's how I feel about the blue jeans from the Italian fashion house Versace...
[...]

I discovered it at the very beginning of my "career" on my journey through the world of fragrances, when I started to deal with fragrances more intensively about a year ago.
During my current project, the discovery of the somewhat under the radar falling marks or underestimated scents, I recently tested it several times after a long time. And I find this scent very "honorable" and consider it to be an "upright" scent, which is also mMn overall a bit too bad here.

The name 'Blue Jeans' fits like a glove. A blue jeans that is simply timeless and will always be 'in vogue', no matter how old you are; it will always be there and looks good on almost everyone.
The fragrance embodies this carefree, success-winning history of blue jeans.

And that's what he wants to say...
Take me and carry me anytime and anywhere you want...
Just like blue jeans is very popular with young and old, this fragrance is also very popular with young adolescents as well as older men.
[...]

The initial freshness due to the citrus and bergamot gives the fragrance a very pleasant and easy to like attack. A prelude that hardly anyone will not find appealing. In the background I also perceive a very delicate spicy note.
Soon, a bouquet of various flowers is added to this beginning, but the so-called. Vanilla flower (heliotrope) is in the foreground and gives the fragrance its first mild-sweet note. This fresh-sweet centre is further enhanced in the base by the vanilla I perceive. Here it is also made slightly warm and woody by the cedar or sandalwood.

With its simple design and composition, I think the Blue Jeans is one that has the potential to become a signature fragrance. One of those fragrances that would be great in any season and wouldn't bother anyone.
Whether you use it during the day at work, outside in your free time or even in the evening when you go out; the wearer will always feel very comfortable with it. If you have already rated and commented on it here...

The flacon is also quite something, I think. At first glance, it may look like a soda bottle that you want to open and drink with pleasure. But for me personally, this design is symbolic of the casual flair that the fragrance brings with it. Just as almost all of us like to pull blue jeans up over our legs, almost all of us like to drink a soda or a soft drink every now and then
The durability I would call about 5h a decent average, which is more than enough for its price range I think. It doesn't fill a room or leave a big sillage cloud. He is just a very nice guy, who stays in the background in a polite and respectful way and doesn't necessarily want to attract attention.
Conclusion:
I find this aromatic-woody scent quite likeable and in a way very "honest".
You know what you have in him and that you can rely on him, just like one of these people who are unselfish, helpful and simply have good intentions
I ignore the overall evaluation anyway, as it is basically no reference for me personally here. Because many other fragrances with much higher scores did not impress me in any way. That's just the way it is...

Versace Blue Jeans, my friend, stay as you are, you will always enjoy my respect and my esteem, and the overall rather meagre rating should not itch you There are people out there who like you very much; I am one of those...

You deserve all the good things in the world. Your kind are worth their weight in gold. Because true friends are often only recognized when life becomes difficult. And you're there when you're at your wits' end
I'm glad you're here...
[...]
Many thanks for reading it!
Vintage Vibes
I bought the fragrance blind today from a well-known perfume house in Hamburg. The fragrance was on sale and I got it for 19,99.
I don't regret buying it. This fragrance is fresh, lemony and sweet to the finish I am an absolute fan of this fragrance !
The vibe that the fragrance brings with it is absolutely brilliant! Has something of a vintage scent, which you can wear every day
I find the fragrance very calming and pleasant and I am very happy that I could include it in my collection !
Very cheap, very strong, absolutely recommendable.
The blue underground giant
When I smelled it again months ago, one thing became clear to me - you will keep it until never-never, hoard it and - if necessary - have it remixed when it has entered the eternal perfume grounds.

Blue Jeans has for me the ultimate memory factor on board, namely the underground club - life from the 90s. There was an underground techno club in my town at the time, called Passarella Club and the UnsichtBar (a location) and that's exactly what he reminds me of. As soon as you came into Room 2 (behind the curtain) and approached the bar towards the DJ Lounge, there it was - the jeans scent in blue from Versace. Probably one of the waitresses or one of the resident DJs at the time was so indulging in the fragrance that it filled the room and was present for a whole night. Nowadays dimmed according to other statements, but still unmistakable for me. And that's why - I can't get rid of it, just like the Dreamer from the same perfumer, which I find just as great and magical. I have it at Travallo and use it as summer day and evening fragrance

Casual Versace
This was my first official encounter with Versace. I think 90's was an era of appreciation of freshness, led by CK One and Acqua Di Gio. Versace's take was to combine it with sweetness and it was a hit! For me, in high school at the time. The name, the delicate but not over the top bottle, and the cheerful top notes with base notes of vanilla and musk. It was designed to be casual and go with your blue jeans, it was perfect for a teenager. Unfortunately, I came across another Versace soon, the Dreamer. Once the Dreamer came out with more mature presentation of Tobaco smell and airiness that fit the name of Dreamer perfectly, my interest in BlueJeans never recovered. I still own a bottle of Dreamer to this date (reformulated) and Bluejeans will always remain in my memory as my Dreamer's shadow.

DPArtist
The perfect designer fragrance?
A non-nostalgic review. OK so Versace/Versus Blue Jeans has been around for a long time, since the mid 90s in fact, a time which for me personally was a time of coming of age, the end of childhood, my youth! Well, for whatever reason I never owned this fragrance until a few months ago and indeed only sniffed it (knowingly) for the first time in early 2019. Admittedly upon the opening I wasn't sure if I liked it, I couldn't focus on what I was smelling, I was getting this huge sweet floral aroma which seemed extremely unique but paradoxically familiar.

This first sniff had been in a duty free shop while waiting to board a train from Paris to London, I had sprayed my wrist, then soon began the rush to board the train. Once settled in my seat I was thinking at how fantastic the train smells when I realised the strong aroma was emanating from my wrist! It was seemingly filling the entire carriage with an alluring and comforting scent, sweet, cosy and reassuring but with a little freshness mixed in too for good measure. The huge note-listing shows how this inexpensive little fragrance is actually a rather complex composition, a symphony of citrus, florals, spices, conifer trees and sweeter accords. If anything stands out to me personally it's the lavender & geranium, as I'm such a big fan of these notes, but really, I think the unique and extensive combination of notes (heliotrope, fir, rose, jasmine, patchouli, basil, vanilla, juniper etc) is what probably makes this scent so special. I agree that the scent sometimes comes off like a fruity-floral cola drink (reflecting the unique bottle!).

I'd have to disagree with the classification of Blue jeans as a 'citrus-fresh' scent though, it's more than that. I'd have to echo SirSmellALot's thoughts, Blue Jeans isn't a million miles away from extremely popular modern scents such as D&G The One and all the smell-alikes that came after it. They share those same alluring, cosy, comforting and sweet qualities, they both smell superb, the big difference is that, for me at least, Blue Jeans really performs!

This is a masterful creation by Monsieur Béthouart, a truly timeless fragrance which is arguably (putting subjectivity aside for a moment) one of the best bargains currently available in the fragrance world, making me baulk at the prices of other offerings! It really is something special indeed!

A must try for any fragrance enthusiast. Wish I'd tried it sooner, I shall definitely be getting a back-up bottle as I'm well and truly hooked on this one!

ScentSlave
Another classic that carries you away
Scent CAN indeed carry you backwards in time; almost as well as music can... intertwine the two, and the nostalgia will be ever so vivid and intoxicating.

I am lucky enough to have stumbled onto this classic, and immediately made the purchase. Once I pulled it out of the classic can and got a whiff, the radio played “give it away” by the Red Hot Chili Peppers, and I was time warped back into the late 90s, when I was enjoying youth to the fullest extent; surfing all day and partying all night. The clarity of the memories was incredible; I swear I could feel the sand in my toes as the aroma carried me away....

While it might not be quite as good as some of my other favorites, THIS is WHY one should appreciate the “mainstream scents” that dominate their generations; love em or hate them, they will carry you back to the seconds that have gone and passed forever. The same as that cliche song you THINK you hate (hey Macarena, anyone?), when the decades have passed and you hear it go... the faces you remember will bring you a smile. Remember this when you catch a whiff of Le Male or Sauvage today; whether you love wearing it or are shaking your head that ANOTHER guy is rocking the cliche... in a few years you will WISH you can find it; and it will carry you back in time when you catch a whiff
StefMan
Super tasty, sweet and loved.
This perfume is multi-layered and sweet. It looks strong and yet soft. This fragrance is an important part of my three fragrance layouts.
It harmonizes very well with other perfumes that go in the direction of Citrus and Oriental.

I love that scent.
Farneon
Flowery Sprite from the hip forest tavern
What at first sounds strange and perhaps not so well-meaning, smells absolutely good in my nose. Because: If sweet, I prefer it to be fruity and do not want to feel like in an oriental brothel. The lemonade may seem synthetic to most people, but I have no reservations about it. It's nothing bad either, in contrast to the four, five expensive men's fragrances that actually made me immediately think of toilet stones in men's urinals. And amen, I tell you: You can't beat that! ;-)

I don't like too many flowers either, but the flower bouquet is very finely woven in here and stands out above the tone-inducing "lemonade". Also a little coniferous wood comes through for me, which is probably due to the fir, as if one had tipped a small shot of spruce needle bath into the sprite. Anyway: Doesn't bother me at all!

In this respect, I can say that "Blue Jeans" is a very original fragrance that I haven't seen before. My first nose belly feeling is good, and that's almost always the most important thing. Of course Versace may not represent the upscale star cuisine of perfumery, but how many times a year do I visit restaurants of this kind? One also pays attention to the name of the fragrance, which consciously addresses the crowd and not the elite - and thus hits the bull's-eye or blue. Although: if I would assign a color to the fragrance, it would probably be a quiet yellow! ;-)

The blue retro bottle, deliberately kept a bit kitschy, is a decoration in my eyes and comes with a chic, nostalgic metal box. And then, of course, there is the price: 15,- Euro for practical 75 ml (I hate these constant 100 ml sizes) are practically unbeatable for the presented.

TsoTso 4 months ago
Fresh with a depth. A very nice alternative for my daily office rotation. Could use as signature scent, if I didnt rotate scents so much.
KimJongKimJong 6 months ago
The great legacy of the garage rock era. It's refreshing, sweet, and still good for 2020.
IondeIonde 6 months ago
The scent didn't age well to me, still recognizable and proven. Remains a dumb all-weather reach for a man always casually dressed.
Dan81Dan81 8 months ago
90's appreciation of freshness combined with sweetness. Designed to be casual and go with your blue jeans
DPArtistDPArtist 11 months ago
This lovely stuff puts far more pricy current scents to shame!A fresh & sweet versatile little gem for which Versace could charge lot more!
Carlitos01Carlitos01 12 months ago
Citruses, florals, woods and a sweet touch... harmless, acceptable, good for beginners and young people. And that's about it!
RomadyRomady 1 year ago
Doing it's job since 1994 and never left my collection.
Great scent; spicy yet fresh.. sweet and bitter... I love it!
ItchynoseItchynose 2 years ago
A versatile scent from the 90s that to my nose smells of a creamy, slightly citrusy and aromatic vanilla milkshake. A modern classic.

by Einfachich
by Helge
by Romy1050
by Romy1050

Popular Versace

Versace pour Homme Dylan Blue (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Versace pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Versace L'Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Versace The Dreamer (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Gianni Versace (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Versus Uomo (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Versace pour Homme Oud Noir by Versace Versense by Versace Eros (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Versace Man Eau Fraîche (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Blonde (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Eros Flame by Versace Versace Man (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Versace pour Femme Oud Oriental by Versace Eros (Eau de Parfum) by Versace Crystal Noir (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Crystal Noir (Eau de Parfum) by Versace Versace Woman by Versace Versace pour Femme Dylan Blue by Versace V'E Versace (Eau de Parfum) by Versace