Crystal Noir 2004Eau de Toilette

Crystal Noir (Eau de Toilette) by Versace
Crystal Noir (Eau de Toilette) is a perfume by Versace for women and was released in 2004. The scent is sweet-floral. It is being marketed by EuroItalia.

Antoine Lie

Top Notes Top NotesBlackcurrant, Black fig, Violet
Heart Notes Heart NotesTuberose, Frangipani, Jasmine
Base Notes Base NotesSandalwood, Cashmeran, Vanilla, Heliotropin

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 14.08.2020.

Crystal Noir vs. Montana 80
Through Montana 80, for which I have already written a comment, I became aware of Crystal Noir, because this fragrance is called Gemini here on the site. I wanted to follow this or rather sniff after and so a 10 ml bottle of Crystal Noir landed with me
For me, the two fragrances are not twins, but I do think they are related. They could be sisters, but not twins and certainly not identical ones.

Crystal Noir opens with a green-tart berry note and I am sure that the leaves have also ended up in the mixture with the currants. The start of Montana 80, however, is quite different. Sweet, heavy and with a coconut flavour I hate. If the tangerine was not there at the right moment, I would probably have put the scent of Montana in the souk long ago.

There are also differences in the heart note, even though tuberose dominates the middle section in both. In Crystal Noir the jasmine creates a certain brightness, even if it does not quite match the radiance of the orange blossom of Montana 80. I do not perceive CN as dark or even "noir" (M80 does not go in a dark direction either). For me it is a creamy warm flatterer with depth. CN is a fragrance that glows and Montana 80 shines, or more simply put, I find CN more intense and Montana 80 brighter.

The closer we get to the base, the more similar the two become and I'm sure I couldn't keep them apart any more. They are wonderfully soft, creamy, warm and cuddly.

Both fragrances are beautiful, even if you don't have to have both. You have to weigh up what's more important to you ... a sweet intro or a more tart ... coconut or not. For me, M80 has been a little bit ahead so far, but the CN opener has something. Especially not coconut! After testing several times, I have corrected my rating of CN upwards and M80 has lost its top position with me.

In terms of durability CN is absolutely unbeatable, because I am accompanied, flattered, cuddled, beguiled for 15 hours (at least, rather more and on clothes much, much longer) in a wonderful way ... and at no time do I find the scent obtrusive or even disturbing.

Anyway, I'm happy to have both CN and M80 in my collection, even if one of them would be quite sufficient.

Helena666
Not love at first sight, but then...
...yet love.
The beginning was questionable. In the perfumery I just wanted to sniff, and was looking for another fragrance. Then I saw this ugly bottle and his sugar-sweet baby. Miniflacon, 10 ml. A completely different look. That made me curious. Sprayed on the paper strip. Well..... not so dolle. Somehow the hand fogged in. And lo and behold. It smells heavenly on My skin. On paper. No. No, not Gehtgar. So first of all, I just took the BABY. Tried it. And satisfied. After several days, I smelled the scarf it was on. Still beautiful. So clean, tasty, creamy. So at home. And yet interesting. Not noir at all. More like heaven.
Basti87
Versace - Always a good choice!
I am writing a commentary on the Crystal Noir by Versace. I bought this fragrance to one person for Christmas. I've had this one in my eye for a while, like pretty much all of Versace's. All EuroItalia products are of high quality, especially those from Versace. All tested Versace are at least solid, but rather high up in my opinion. After the verse, Crystal Noir is my second tested women's fragrance. Versense is a masterpiece to me. This one also ties in with the Versace quality at a fair price.
I have chosen 90ml, what you get from about 50 Euro. Absolutely fair, especially because the performance is really bombastic! The bottle is chunky but still very chic with a bordeaux-red bottle and a prollige large lid. Versace-worthy.

It is a fruity-sweet fragrance with floral accents. Even if it is very fruity, it is not too playful and not only for young ladies. He starts with lots of currants and figs. These two notes complement each other perfectly and make for a really powerful start. Smells extremely fruity at the start, but not too artificially fruity. Since I am a fan of fruity ladies scents he naturally meets my taste. He keeps the DNA over the entire course, even if the flowery notes begin. Gentle floral notes are present, especially tuberose. Even in the base, the DNA remains present and changes only slightly. In the base it gently fades away with some woody-sweet notes.
Despite its strong fruity note, its appearance is not too playful but rather very well-groomed. Reminds me of a lotion. Well-groomed, clean and sensual-attractive. Even though it is suitable for everyday use, I see it more as a leisure and evening fragrance. Especially thanks to a really good performance. Also not to be worn when warm or even hot, as it is best in cold to mild temperatures.
Performance: As I said, it is extremely good. Sillage extremely strong, not only at the start. Shelf life is well over 10 hours. Extremely good and that's all you need.

As a conclusion I say: This fragrance will suit many ladies well, not only the young ones. This fruity-sweet-floral appearance is simply extremely well-groomed and sensual and has a great P/L ratio. Typically Versace even (of course only the scents :-))

Exotic oriental
A very "first class" perfume indeed. It is really amazing very long lasting with a unusual bottle.
One of the very best perfumes I have ever had and I believe strongly that it is suitable for all over the year round. The mixture of all individual notes is superb and the result is that you end smelling "superb" and collect many many compliments when using this perfume. I wish this would never discontinue. Excellent job Versace.
2.5

out of body experience
mmmm *opens eyes* HUH? where am i?! *picks self up off of the floor*

this fragrance with its heady balance of gardenia, coconut, fig and sandalwood causes my eyes to slowly droop and my mind to wander to ... somewhere else... somewhere exquisite and mysterious, somewhere where cubicles and harsh, florescent lighting and BITCHY, lazy co-workers no longer exist! crystal noir allows me to break away from the chaos and leave my body ... if only for a moment. i can simply sniff my wrists and *vanish* when ever i please. yum, its truly an outstanding composition.

Miaw2
Smells heavenly in a woman!
This smells heavenly in a woman. Delicious and very distinctive, this fragrance has a great lasting power (around 10 hours) and big sillage also. Smells very floral with some coconut. A must have!

Dark and sensual
First impression is lovely gardenia, a creamy floral, a little bit sharp and surrounded by a woody aura. As it settles, this blends seamlessly with the base to create an aroma so sensual it may catch you off guard. It is like a progression of daytime to sensual beginnings after sundown. The drydown has an identity of its own, oily and remotely sweet, reminicent of toasted coconut. A hint of the husk is also present. The texture and aroma also bring to mind hot melted butter, browning in a pan.

It is so gorgeous and simply radiates sensuality. Perfect for summer nights. Crystal Noir should be in a special category of fragrances that require a warning label, because it can easily progress from being a sensory delight, to inducing an undeniable sexual vibe.

Hot summer nights..
Now this is a perfume one of a kind!

I usually read that this is a winter day fragrance but for me this is the perfect scent for a sensual summer night in a holiday or beach..The whole composition is so playful, it is like a summer garden near a beach in a bottle. There is the coconut, a dark coconut, a little oily, just like there is a little leftover from your suntan lotion.. Then there are the white flowers blooms, my beloved tuberose with its creaminess, the neroli with its freshness, the gardenia with its exquisit beauty and oh well the juicy cherry from the summer cocktails :). This mix blends and works just perfect.. It becomes one with the skin, so that you think you have always smelled this divine.. and it lasts for hours..
And also here is a tip : You know how cigarette smell runis some scents? Well I started using this one when I was a smoker and the smoke made it even better somehow..
Great job!

Floral coconut
I usually love Versace perfumes, and I was sure that I would love this one too because of the tuberose and coconut notes. Unfortunately this was not so.

All I got from this fragrance was a strong burst of powdery aldehydes, and let's just say I'm not a fan of aldehydes.

On the other hand, Crystal Noir has great lasting power. After wearing it for a couple of hours the aldehydes softened and I could smell the coconut and tuberose. I did quite enjoy the drydown, but I found it a little similar to Curious by Britney Spears, which I already have. I'm not one for buying perfumes that smell like something I already own.

Jazzy76Jazzy76 2 years ago
A quite well balanced fragrance where the blackcurrant is the main actor : very feminin and luxuous in its precious dark Crystal bottle .

by Smitty
by Gwiazdka72
by WHISKARING
by WHISKARING

Popular Versace

Versace pour Homme Dylan Blue (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Versace pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Versace The Dreamer (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Versace L'Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Versace pour Homme Oud Noir by Versace Versense by Versace Gianni Versace (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Versus Uomo (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Eros (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Versace Man Eau Fraîche (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Blonde (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Eros Flame by Versace Versace pour Femme Oud Oriental by Versace Versace Man (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Crystal Noir (Eau de Parfum) by Versace Versace Woman by Versace Blue Jeans by Versace V'E Versace (Eau de Parfum) by Versace Versace pour Femme Dylan Blue by Versace Vanitas (Eau de Parfum) by Versace