Eros (2012)Eau de Toilette

Eros (Eau de Toilette) by Versace

Eros (Eau de Toilette) is a perfume by Versace for men and was released in 2012. The scent is sweet-synthetic. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by EuroItalia.
Scent goes well with Sauvage (Eau de Toilette)

Top Notes Top NotesMint, Italian lemon, Green apple
Heart Notes Heart NotesVenezuelan tonka bean, Ambroxan, Geranium
Base Notes Base NotesMadagascan vanilla, Atlas cedar, Virginia cedar, Vetiver, Oakmoss

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 01.08.2020.

The face of the advertising campaign is the American model Brian Shimansky, set in scene by the photographers Mert & Marcus.

Average & Mass Appealing
This is an average light mass-appealing fragrance. Definitely has sillage and a great scent for the spring and summer months. The apple in the top note stands out, and both the opening and dry-down are great. The tonka bean in the dry-down isn't dark but light. While this can be worn all day, the oak moss and citrus make this a clean and fresh scent - perfect for clubbing. Mainly for younger guys, but all guys can wear it whatever age.
The party scent
The first fragrance I bought two months ago; smells very masculine and attractive; it smells like party and fun, freedom and masculinity. Very sweet, but not unpleasantly intrusive or disturbing.
DavidBn
My first fragrance - and what a fragrance!
I love the fragrance first of all because it was my first fragrance that I owned myself - so I can associate many memories and moments with it.

But not only does it have a rather idealistic value for me. I also find the fragrance itself convincing. Although I don't think that only teenagers can wear it, I would say that the main target group for this fragrance is younger people.

This is (I think) because this incredibly sweet and loud scent DNA is especially suitable for club and party situations (although it might be a little louder for this). But because it is fresh on my skin at least here and there, it is also wearable on moderate summer days, even if you should not spray it over then.

What makes this fragrance so special to many is that it seems to be quite suitable for the masses. Because the reaction to the scent, as far as I got one, was consistently positive. Both from older and younger people, both women and men
Performance and silliage are good on my skin, especially he projects really well for me. During the performance I always got about 7-8 hours, which I think is ok
So in principle I would recommend the fragrance - even for people over 20 years of age! However, I've since tended to say that I think Gaultier's Ultramale is the better club & party scent because it doesn't last any longer

Fresh and Sweet
To achieve a good balance between fresh and sweetness is not an easy task, at least in confectionery. I can only imagine that in the perfume world it is the same.

Eros got both, nice freshness of mint and green apple with hints on sweetness in a dry-out phase. Green apple is nice it is a bit synthetic, but not as plastic and fake as air fresheners used in cars, the same for mint. I really like that combination with a bit of sweetness.

Eros is easy to wear, for you and the ones around you, quite nice in a category of everyday use, sport, and casual. I do not agree with the opinion that it is good for clubbing and party as is lacking some of the clubbing characteristics, well maybe if it is fresh air, type of thing.

Sillage can be a bit better, but longevity is outstanding. I really like the bottle too.
"Eros, Philia, Agape"
Eros, Philia and Agape are the three forms of love in philosophy. But "Eros" is the flaming, erotic love between two love partners. If you look it up in the encyclopedia, you will find the following definition: "Form of strong desire and desire". Moreover, Eros is known in Greek mythology as the god of love. "Philia", on the other hand, is the love you feel for your friends. A love that is pure, that distances itself from selfishness and always puts the well-being of the friend at the centre of the respective action. "Agape" is the highest form of love and for most people it is not to be understood. It is also called divine love and is supposed to symbolize the love of God for human beings. If one can understand this love - so theology says - one can learn to love one's enemies.

Versace has therefore chosen "Eros", the god of love or the flaming, erotic love, as the definition indicates. But does that fit?

I would say YES! With small restrictions, but you can make connections to ancient philosophy and this is what I want to try.

"Eros" smells good, so much for a small introduction. Yes, "Eros" even smells very good, although it must be anticipated and admitted that it is a synthetic. Here you can smell a lot that can get on your nerves after a longer sniffing. But not me! What makes it stand out is its great mint note, the pungently hot apple vipe and the vanilla, which rounds everything off and makes it softer. The sharp-fresh-synthetic impact will probably come from Ambroxan, which I appreciate very much, because often a slightly metallic effect is added. The already mentioned sweetness is here designed bearable and can be described as discreet. For me it is a synthetic-fresh-sweet scent with a light metallic note and a great mint base. It is also very attractive and reminds me of my youth phase. He is rather the stormy lover than the stylish, reserved gentleman. He risks something for his love and is willing to go beyond boundaries to please his sweetheart. "Eros" preserves in itself the phase of "Sturm und Drang", which most people have probably gone through at some point. You want a lot, can hardly hold back and are ready to break boundaries.

Nevertheless, we cannot speak directly of the God of love here. Versace has rather described his pupil, who still needs some time to reach perfection.

Nevertheless, it gives me joy to wear it today and to be transported back to days and times long past. In times when I tried to impress my girlfriend at the gravel pond with daring jumps from the tree. And in times, when one also sometimes threw stones at the window of the beloved at night.

I would still wear it, it always fits to the work, but you should dose it carefully, because even after all these years there is still a lot of energy. It lasts a good 8 hours, especially in summer a beast. So if you don't want to look like an over-perfumed teeny, you should be satisfied with two sprays ;)

In conclusion, I hope that this symbol of a youth fragrance in a kitschy and beautiful garment will remain with us for a long time to come and that we will be able to take many a time travel into the "Eros" of youth!

Party all the TIME
If you're the person that doesn't take life very seriously, are loud and laugh loud this one's for you.
It has enough minty freshness to keep it relevant in spring summer season and enough vanilla depth and strength to be bomb even in the cold and apple brings and air of playfulness to it.
Performance is where this shines and Versace Eros not only lasts long but projects heavily so be careful on the trigger specially if the thermometer show double digits.
Versatility is not Eros's strongest suit however, as it does not fair well in any serious situation and fits Ill on a person who is not having fun at the moment of wearing. Whatever you do, smile and have fun while wearing this and embrace the inner party animal of yours no matter of age.
Micha1984
Definitely not just for the younger crowd...
You always hear that Versace Eros is the teen party scent of a bad idea... Maybe others think so, but I don't. For me, Eros is a very useful scent for everyday use that works for me in the same way as JPG Le Male. This one has just like Eros a fresh mint top note, a sweet heart note and a sweet spicy base note that is vanilla heavy. This fragrance is worn by men of all ages, although it is sweet and playful... So why is Eros labeled a teen scent? I can't understand it and I'm not going to be influenced by it! I am 35 years old and I think Eros suits me very well. About the scent itself I can say... It opens with lots of mint and lemon and a crisp green apple. In this phase the fragrance has a very good sillage and you are definitely noticed. After 30 minutes the mint and the apple say goodbye and lemon, tonka bean and geranium mix. Here it becomes a little sweeter and more playful. Also in this phase it is still well perceptible from the environment. In the base it stays sweet and you definitely notice the vanilla but it mixes with a little bit of spice (I think it could be the moss?). The shelf life is very good and with four sprays I can easily last 10h+ all day long! In summer I wouldn't necessarily wear it except maybe in the evening, but in winter, spring and autumn it works just perfectly. So far I have only received positive comments about this fragrance and nobody has ever said I smell like a party-happy teenager... So it's all a matter of opinion! I see JPG Ultra Male ehr as a teenager fragrance, because it is just overly sweet and almost feminine from top to bottom "Grin"... But fun aside! I can really recommend Eros to every man! I will definitely keep wearing it.
Even though I got 40+ because age is just a number. ;)

Sweet Fresh Mint
I used this perfume 2 or 3 times. This perfume has a very fresh mint scent at the opening. After about 1 minute, this lemon scent is dominated by a sharp fresh mint scents. Then the Long lasting fresh mint and lemon scent prevails; this mixture is accompanied by a slightly green apple scent. In heart notes, this perfume turns into a pleasant mint fragrance. Base notes have vanilla scent. Then it is the most prominent vanilla fragrance, and the vanilla note gives this fragrance an even more pleasant atmosphere.

"The main strong note of this perfume is mint
And this is a versatile fragrance. Populer parfume."

I like it and awesome parfume but I'm young. so I don't think there is a smell that suits me. Exactly this fragrance is more suitable for middle aged men.Good choise for older males who like paco rabanne 1 million .

It has a very good performance and super durabiliy.

Longevity is very well. 8/10

Sillage is 3/7

As a skin scent up to 10 12 hours.
Lasted on my skin as a skin scent around 16 -20 hours
Mischa99
smoky vanilla clouds like in the Dicso
After the application the scent did not appeal to me at first. It smelled like any perfume. After some time I could smell different nuances, the development of the fragrance inspired me in the further process. I could perceive a slightly fruity note, something smoky, distinct but pleasant mint and something aquatic. Eros here reminded me very much of Acqua di Giò. I myself had never smelled the perfume on anyone before, only became aware of it through "Jeremy" (probably a disco fragrance in the past). And indeed - after a few hours I felt like I was back in the disco era of the 90s. Around me I could occasionally smell smoky vanilla wafts - just like the fog in the discos back then. The end was also surprisingly good for me, where the "Acqua di Giò" smells of simple aftershave I could enjoy a minty vanilla scent. What surprises me is the low rating here...
Seahawk12s
solid and applicable as a good all-rounder
it is not as unique as Guerlain L'homme ideal, not as clean as Prada L'homme and certainly not as long lasting as a TF Oud Wood. Why do I like him anyway? Because it does many things really well and is therefore also wonderfully applicable. Sometimes I would like it to be a bit fresher, so that I could wear it in warmer summers, but for that I find the heart and base notes with the creamy parts dominate too quickly. And there are two things I disagree with Jeremy F.: I think the fragrance works even at 25+, I could imagine wearing it at 40 and as a clubbing fragrance I think it is manageable, just not strong enough, an Ultra Male works much better.

MeetjoeblackMeetjoeblack 39 days ago
0.5
Too sweet. Wear this to instantly smell like a major wimp.
Dan81Dan81 77 days ago
Mint checked, apple checked, Tonka and Ambroxan over vanilla. The ensemble creates a cloud filled with curiosity that projects. Party time!
BardiaGHBardiaGH 125 days ago
Not limited to youth but limited to youthful, party and fun fragrance
BumpyumaBumpyuma 137 days ago
Good smell - Above average opening - below average projection for 1.5 hours
Amazon1975Amazon1975 8 months ago
A fruity offering with staying power....very synthetic but mass appealing....pretty good
Treznoez007Treznoez007 12 months ago
Clubing fragrance nice sweet
Carlitos01Carlitos01 13 months ago
It's a good mild/hot temperatures perfume. It's particulary fitted for clubbing, but also to the beach where there aren't many good offers.
JoaoMartinsJoaoMartins 18 months ago
A "masterpiece" over-hyped in the community. Absolutely disgusting. I don't know how can people wear this one.
Jazzy76Jazzy76 23 months ago
Warm and aromatic, very sensual, it could really be the God of love's scent . Multifaceted and good on my feminin skin too. I love it!
ToreterToreter 2 years ago
Niteclub win. Strong, sweet, crowdpleaser, girlsmagnet. Might smell synthetic, but women love it. For 18-35 yo & cheap. A+++ if u single XD

by GilAroma
by Rasierwasser
by Rasierwasser
by Pistazieneis
by Pistazieneis
Schatz, was machen wir nun?
by TomLavender
by Emko47
by WitDeBois
by WitDeBois

Popular Versace

Versace pour Homme Dylan Blue (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Versace pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Versace The Dreamer (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Versace L'Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Versense by Versace Versus Uomo (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Versace pour Homme Oud Noir by Versace Gianni Versace (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Versace Man Eau Fraîche (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Blonde (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Versace pour Femme Oud Oriental by Versace Versace Man (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Eros Flame by Versace Crystal Noir (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Crystal Noir (Eau de Parfum) by Versace Versace Woman by Versace Blue Jeans by Versace V'E Versace (Eau de Parfum) by Versace Versace pour Femme Dylan Blue by Versace Vanitas (Eau de Parfum) by Versace