Eros (2012) Eau de Toilette

Eros (Eau de Toilette) by Versace
Eros (Eau de Toilette) (Versace)

Eros (Eau de Toilette) is a perfume by Versace for men and was released in 2012. The scent is sweet-synthetic. It is being marketed by EuroItalia.

Top Notes Top NotesMint leaf, Italian lemon, Green apple
Heart Notes Heart NotesVenezuelan tonka bean, Ambroxan, Geranium
Base Notes Base NotesMadagascan vanilla, Atlas cedar, Virginia cedar, Vetiver, Oakmoss

Submitted by Joe, last update on 07.01.2019

The face of the advertising campaign is the American model Brian Shimansky, set in scene by the photographers Mert & Marcus.

Bottle 10.0/10 Sillage 7.0/10 Longevity 8.0/10 Scent 8.5/10
Plato's Cave Parable - Thank you Eros!
The cave parable, figuratively seen, without a deep, philosophical background, applies exactly to Eros and me:

Erhan lived comfortably in his cave, only knew what the cave offered him. Eros, the god of covetous love, managed to lure Erhan out of his cave. The scent of Eros, marked the way out of the cave and Erhan followed this path. He was unleashed by this scent and set his first foot out into the outside world. There he met Eros and immediately got along with him. Over time, he realized that there were other fragrant personalities. He took his things out of the cave and made his way to discover more. Then Eros asked him: "Why are you leaving me? We lived together for a year." Smiling, he looked at Eros: "I am grateful to you for pulling me out of this cave. You've revealed a whole new world to me. But it's just not gonna work out between us. I've discovered something new on the side. I'm more attracted to." Erhan smelled at the last scent pearls of Eros and was ready for newer discoveries.

Yep, what was I excited about this fragrance when I had nothing to do with fragrances and perfumo a year ago.
Thanks to Eros I have a new hobby and have learned a lot here.
Eros was probably the best thing I smelled to me back then. But because of this platform, I have always found better scents and the scent no longer quite impresses me. I guess I just have a problem with fresh smells. I need the harder or finer material (see "I like" etc.).

I don't want to say much about the fragrance, but for completeness:
Starts with a strong mint, which fortunately does not smell of toothpaste or chewing gum. This is paired with delicious apples. The mint leaf remains on the skin for a long time. At least two hours are in it, but of course it gradually fades away after the top note.
Unfortunately I can't smell the tonka bean, but from the heart note on, the cedar notes appear. I suspect that these notes prevent the scent from becoming too sticky-sweet. I definitely don't think Eros is sticky. Rather something between sweet and bitter-sweet. The only thing that seems to bother many people here is the mint leaf, which smells quite synthetic. But this is exactly what makes this fragrance unique. After a few hours, when the mint is gone, there is only a "not provocative" vanilla note on my skin, supported by woody notes. Eros is quite interchangeable from this moment on.

So keep in your mind, that it's the mint. (It shouldn't rhyme!)

A year ago I gave Eros 10 points. I didn't know many scents back then. Today I give him rather 7.5 points, since I now know several scents. Eros introduced me to this world and therefore I calculate the average of 10 and 7,5.
So...where was my calculator? Maybe still in the cave...
Bottle 7.0/10 Sillage 7.0/10 Longevity 7.0/10 Scent 8.0/10
You have to smell it right!
I was amazed when I first called this fragrance at Parfumo. The overall rating is actually below 7.0! And I'm not sure what that might be, but I have a hunch:

The first time I smelled Eros was in my buddy's car when we were on our way to a club. When I got in it smelled so damn good, that I naturally wanted to know which fragrance it was. After I found out that it was Eros, I went to the Türkisen the next day to buy. Before I had it packed, I tried it again on a test strip and on my skin. I was more than disappointed with both of them!
It barely smelled like a car the day before! It was indescribable, different, almost salty. Disappointed, I put the scent back and went home.

At the next opportunity when I was at home with my boyfriend, I had to sniff at his Eros bottle. Before that he had the scent on it a few times and he always smelled good. But even when I smelled his bottle, this disappointing salty scent came towards me again.

Today I know why that was and probably why the low rating is:
You can't smell that scent right out of the bottle! Whether test paper or your own skin. It's clear that a fragrance always starts differently than it does in the dry-out, but here it's especially bad. Do me a favor and smell the head of a bottle. Salty, isn't it? Believe me, this scent has a very different effect on you than you feel when you test it. In addition, the people around you also feel this scent better and more intense than you do. Try again.
Give Eros a chance!

Over & Out
Bottle 10.0/10 Sillage 7.0/10 Longevity 8.0/10 Scent 8.5/10
Mint bag in warm caramel pudding
Anybody here know the Youtube channel "Big Beard Business"? The black Goliath, who actually doesn't look like a fragrance lover at all, likes to tear up the packaging with the words: "Fuck the box". Basically this speaks to me from the heart, but in this special case you have to admit: The spray bottle of Eros is exceptionally beautiful for me.
But now to the scent itself. I am happy to refer to what motivated me to buy or test. Scented, but very loud and actually intended for a young audience of about 20 years.
The last two points don't really apply to my feelings. The smell radiates in the first time already - so it is not, but if you enter the room, in which you have just been, you receive a warm sweet aura, present, but comfortable and unobtrusive.
This warm, sweet base is the keynote of this creation for me. For me typically Italian, charming, carefree and somehow cheeky and pulsating. Hand in hand, at eye level so to speak, peppermint also plays a major role, much less dominant than I originally thought, rather than a good cop of the duo, who makes it cleaner and more interesting, but at the same time pulls it out of the sweet boredom that it would probably have without a fresh flare.
I like Eros best on sunny but not too hot days. In the winter it does not fit me so well because of the cheerful attitude to life, in extreme heat it is too sweet and heavy for me despite peppermint. For me a pleasant contemporary, neither exhausting nor annoying, but nevertheless I must feel like wearing this Versace. If this is the case, then I feel buoyant, cheerful and a little bit in Mediterranean holiday mood.
Bottle 8.0/10 Sillage 9.0/10 Longevity 10.0/10 Scent 9.0/10
Convinced only after a few years!
First I would like to mention that I like this seducer of Versace very much. Good in what he wants and how he achieves it. It took almost five years to gain this insight. But how did it come to?

When Eros appeared on the market I was tender 18 years young and so I corresponded exactly to the target group. The video of the fragrance release was of course very promising and I wanted to convince myself whether it also keeps what the advertisement suggests. So I went to town after school to test Eros. But unlike I expected, he didn't agree with me at all. Too trivial, too cheap, too synthetic - I just couldn't understand what justified the hype for this fragrance. Months and years went by. With almost every perfumery visit I tested him again. Took the test strip with me to see if it could convince me in the drydown.

In autumn last year I spent a weekend with my friends in Vienna and we decided to go out in the evening to celebrate. Of course, each of us put on a fragrance and agreed that we would use one fragrance of the other for each evening. Due to a lack of alternatives (several Joop and Hugo Boss fragrances) I chose Eros. So 3-4 sprayers put on and already we started on the way. In the beginning I was completely indifferent to the scent, but at an advanced time... Besides 2-3 compliments from strangers, I remembered the drydown that accompanied me late at night on my way home and even on my journey home the next day.

A short time later I decided to order a bottle. I don't even want to say too many words about the subject of compliments - but it is as it is. The drydown is very strong and pleasing, the performance is worthy of a party scent and it stands out. These attributes make it perfect for a wild party night and exactly for the reasons mentioned above I bought it.

I would never have expected it, but I have never received so much positive feedback on a fragrance when I went out. After using it several times, I can clearly say that for me this is the true undisputed clubbing king. Loud, smoky large-capacity discos - the application area of this flacon! Only there and nowhere else do I resort to Eros and am glad to own it for this purpose in my rally.

I realize, of course, that this fragrance is not an olfactory revelation. That's why it took me several years to decide to buy it. The appearance of the bottle appeals to me. Concerning the scents I refer to the numerous contributions, where these are explained in more detail.
Bottle 8.0/10 Sillage 8.0/10 Longevity 8.0/10 Scent 8.0/10
Eros (former greek) God of Love
I quote - "Women like it a lot. A real panty dropper!"
This is an overstated opinion about Versace Eros, done by probably the biggest "youtuber" influencer for men fragrances.
Judging by all the praise it received by YouTube and other net reviewers, this fragrance seems to have it all and it's considered a "not to miss fragrance". But is it really any good or any sexy?
Well, both my wife and my daughter don't like it. I kind of like it, but my love for it ended some time ago. I accuse some fatigue with this type of fresh sweetness.
I do think Eros is a good clubbing fragrance without being the best choice for romantic dates or intimacy.
It opens fresh (apple and citrus) and minty, preparing the way for an omnipresent tonka tamed by ambroxan, and offers you a very long vanilla with woody notes dry down.
Without being similar it follows the steps of Sauvage and Dylan Blue, but with added sweetness. It's a very nice mild/hot temperatures cologne. It's particulary fitted for the beach - a ground where there aren't many offers. It's also particulary ecletic as it is quite wearable in Spring and Autumn besides during the summer. Just avoid cold weather.
I still use it from time to time, especially in a sunny spring day like today (in my home). This fragrance also has been stated that it is a "compliments magnet" or a "compliments gatherer". Well that's not really my experience. People seem to like it or enjoy its sillage but don't go mad about it. Spicebomb or Man in Black do attract a lot more compliments without pulling off any person's underwear.
Performance is above average for this type of notes, without being cloying or annoying.
The flask is very nice and really stands out near the other flasks of my collection.
It's not a unique fragrance in the sense that various fragrances have the same type of vibe, or do reveal a freshy sweet scent like Eros does, but without cloning it or being cloned by it.
You end up by having a wide amount of places/situations where you can use it, like clubbing, office, by yourself, outdoor activities, work out, non formal people gatherings, informal meals,... and so on.

My rates for Versace Eros:
Wearability: 8.5
Versatility: 9.0
Quality: 9.0
Presentation: 8.5
Price: 8.0 (this rating refers my judjement about its price when I bought it almost one year ago. I understand that the price rose since then, probably due to the small "hype" raised by the NET reviewers. I don't know its actual average price, but I imagine that this rating should have a smaller value if I had bought Versace Eros today.)
Overall rating: 8,35/10.00

I received some questions about performance of EROS... Here is my experience:
Batch EM1710
sillage - 4~6 feet (above average for this notes)
projection - quite nice during the first 2~3 hours. It becomes a skin scent after 5~6 hours (above average for this notes)
longevity - 7~8 hours (above average for this notes)
Please note that performance is influenced by the production batch but also by the storage conditions before and after sale. If you store it with temperatures above 40º~45º centigrade or under direct sunlight for a month or so, the scent degrades and performance is cut in nearly half. yes... you must store it the same way you store red wine.

I like this fragrance, but I am not sure if I will buy it again. I think I am going to switch it by Carven L`Eau Intense. I prefer Carven's less sweet scent (although similar) and it has a better performance.
Bottle 9.0/10 Sillage 9.0/10 Longevity 9.0/10 Scent 8.0/10
HULK SMASH
Yup.....Not going to say too much about this cologne....this is beast mode....pure and simple....if you are in your 20's to early 30's and you like a sexy minty fragrance that can overpower the biggest baddest cologne in your vicinity, you need to get this..it lasts 10-12 hours on me....easily....if you go to a club and you dont want to smell anyone elses cologne or perfume that whole night except yours.., this will do the trick, it is extremely powerful Only issue I have with this is it might be for the younger crowd. Would be weird to smell this on an older gentleman....that being said, you are only as old as you feel...anyone is free to rock this.....I would say restrict this to winter and colder months....can get cloying if you over spray or use in hot weather
Bottle 9.0/10 Sillage 8.0/10 Longevity 9.0/10 Scent 8.0/10
What a decent aromatic minty scent!!
Once you spray it you'll get lemon/mint then it settles to Tonka Bean & Ambroxan then the base which is really really lovely and uplifting you'll smell minty vanilla, Vetiver, Cedar it's like you're smelling Mediterranean Sea.

Versatile fragrance that you can use anytime, anywhere but not in a very hot summery day, you won't regret having this scent, it's really good one.
Surprisingly decent
Eros opens with a fresh and minty accord (apple, mint, citrus) surrounded by the usual metallic-ozonic notes, however supported by a pleasant and slightly less predictable (for this type of scent) base of warm, rich, aromatic spicy-woody notes (tonka and cedar above all), sweet and quite “round”, perhaps due to tobacco and/or patchouli dusted with vanilla - the “uncommon” side is that these notes smell actually good and solid, more than the average in mainstream scents. I smell a couple of “niche” nuances here, for example the ambroxan note which provides a “modern” feel of dusty grayness (quite reinforced by aldehydes) – not far from several niche products of the recent years. Also, another “niche” factor to me is some of the contrasts this scent is built on – the tart-mint head opening and the almost gourmandish base, which is quite sweet, warm and resinous, and smoky too. Overall it smells safe and crowdpleasing, but if pay attention and smell it more carefully, it’s not as common as it may seem. And it’s definitely decent. Plus, Eros has also an unexpectedly nice evolution too: instead or remaining identical and just getting drier and lighter, it gets softer, warmer, more resinous, actually more pleasant as hours pass, once the sharp metallic-zesty opening fades away. I’m wearing it since a couple of hours, and now is remarkably better than before. Nothing great and nothing new, but not bad and not (too much) boring.

6,5/10
Scent 5.0/10
eros versace
don't know exactly how to review this frag after reading all the bad gossip about this, yes maybe it could smells cheap maybe a little too much synthetic but moreless better than many others mainstream males frags i tested recently , i could say it's a very good perfume for young people 18-30 years old ,but definitely not for me

Jazzy76 126 days ago
Warm and aromatic, very sensual, it could really be the God of love's scent . Multifaceted and good on my feminin skin too. I love it!
Bottle 8.0
Sillage 7.0
Longevity 7.0
Scent 8.5
Toreter 7 months ago
Niteclub win. Strong, sweet, crowdpleaser, girlsmagnet. Might smell synthetic, but women love it. For 18-35 yo & cheap. A+++ if u single XD+2
Bottle 9.0
Sillage 9.0
Longevity 9.0
Scent 8.5
Firasmalanzy 11 months ago
This fragrance smell good, synthetic mint and vanilla, suitable for using in winter and fall for young public and old even i think.+1
Bottle 8.0

• by BestSmellGuy by BestSmellGuy
  • by Nizarito by Nizarito
  • by Leimbacher by Leimbacher

Popular Versace

Eros (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Versace pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Versace The Dreamer (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Versace pour Homme Dylan Blue (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Versace Man Eau Fraîche (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Versense by Versace Blue Jeans by Versace Crystal Noir (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Versace L'Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Versace pour Homme Oud Noir by Versace Bright Crystal by Versace Yellow Diamond by Versace Red Jeans by Versace Eros pour Femme (Eau de Parfum) by Versace Blonde (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Versus Uomo (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Versace pour Femme Oud Oriental by Versace Versace Woman by Versace Versace pour Femme by Versace Versus (2010) by Versace