Eros 2012Eau de Toilette

Eros (Eau de Toilette) by Versace
Eros (Eau de Toilette) is a perfume by Versace for men and was released in 2012. The scent is sweet-synthetic. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by EuroItalia.
Scent goes well with Hawas for Him

Top Notes Top NotesMint, Italian lemon, Green apple
Heart Notes Heart NotesVenezuelan tonka bean, Ambroxan, Geranium
Base Notes Base NotesMadagascan vanilla, Atlas cedar, Virginia cedar, Vetiver, Oakmoss

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 29.11.2020.

The face of the advertising campaign is the American model Brian Shimansky, set in scene by the photographers Mert & Marcus.

Any synthetic - fragrance
I was very disappointed with the advance - laurels. Sweetness, berries-all in all. Very synthetic. Almost sticky. It's a nice bottle, it is. But all in all, a pretty mediocre average. P.S. My kids love it. And so does my girlfriend, unfortunately. I'm sure you'll get compliments. Like fast food
Douglas, give me back my 50 euros
I have fond memories of a school trip back to Berlin in December 2018.
The 3 most beautiful days in many, many years, which were unfortunately disastrous for me. Such is life.
Accompanying me was a faithful 3.50 Euro scent from the net discounter I trust, 850km away from Berlin. As a layman every synthetic groats seems to be fragrant and pleasant. So be it.
About a month later I stumbled upon Jeremy Fragrance, watched some of his videos and without further ado decided to finally smell good. Versace Eros was a scent that he hyped to death then and now.

100ml for 55 euros? Give it to me! One day I was tested at the Douglas, enchanted, ordered and suddenly I was amazed at the scent I got. Astounded, I read on the Internet where there were many reports of a reformulation. Haven't I done enough research?
Back to the Douglas, have the scent changed to find out at home that my disappointment has not subsided on the second attempt.
What hadded jelegen? Performance strong, bottle nice, synthetic scent up to the point of being impossible, even the dreamlike vanilla in the drydown was just... well. Until today I am of the opinion that there was a different batch available as a tester at the Douglas, otherwise I cannot explain these differences.
Whether the fragrance is reformulated or not, I cannot confirm, only suspect. What remains is a half-full perfume after two years, although my parents often sprayed it lavishly. My first sensible perfume purchase and the first bad buy.

I myself have not touched it for quite some time, for months I even forgot where it was hiding. At the moment it is lying in the back of my perfume collection, dusty (literally!) and untouched for a long time. It's a pity that it had to end up like this between Eros and me, but there was no other choice. Arrivederci Eros into the depths of my closet.
Mivvuass
The successor to One million?
To reiterate the question above, the comparison to One Million definitely does not refer to scents or smell. However, Eros, more than a Dior Sauvage, is evolving into a fragrance that almost everyone has/had a slightly younger type. You should definitely consider this before buying. If you have no problem smelling your own fragrance on probably many other people, you can consider buying it. If you want to be unique, I would rather leave it alone.

But apart from that if you want to evaluate the fragrance itself, it is a fragrance with which you can do very little wrong. It is a very easy to love fragrance that starts with a fruity fresh sweetness. The freshness then fades away and it remains very fruity-sweet. Not gourmand sweet but really a fruity sweetness. The scent does not change very much. It remains predominantly linear.
Eros has a reputation as the party scent par excellence, which is definitely a good thing because of its fruity sweetness, good projection and mass appealing character, but again, chances are that some other people will be able to get it in the same place.
Otherwise, however, a very good fragrance especially for young people who do not want to think much and want to have a perfume for every situation. All year round and for every occasion Eros is a suitable companion.
Party flashbacks in Corona times
Before I come to my personal opinion, it should be mentioned that Eros is quite popular in the ladies' world after personal experience. But this is also the biggest weakness of the fragrance. It is very easy to like, has too few "rough edges" for individualists. The prelude shortly after application is shared by mint, lemon and apple in a very pleasant proportion, the vanilla note already penetrates easily, but you can't begin to guess at first how well it will develop. Over the course of several hours, the fresh top notes are gradually replaced by a powerful vanilla paired with a subtle woody/rosy warm note. Linear and pleasant, easy to like. In general, it should be mentioned that the lemon notes of Versace are simply horny, delicious and sweet (cf. Versace man eau fraiche). You don't have to add too much to the H/S; for an EdT in the upper range. Even in times of zoom and co. instead of convivial evenings with friends, the scent is still worth a sure blind purchase. You get what you expect, no more and no less :)
DieOrange78
Versace Eros, a fragrance without limits
I personally notice more often that there is no age group that would reject this fragrance. And that speaks more volumes than any critic could ever assemble. I can't remember how this scent ended up in my collection. One day I decided to buy it. I have never regretted that day.

Versace Eros, no matter how modern its presentation may still be in 2020, is a fragrance that feels at home in the society of older 80s fragrances. Eros stands out. Even among other popular perfumes of known sizes, this one keeps its character.
The main orientation of apple, mint and vanilla is successful. You can clearly see here that the vanilla should be in the foreground.
Cedar wood in the base enhances the sweetness and gives it a slightly balsamic, and also minimalist resinous base. The tonka bean further enhances the spirit of the vanilla so that it cannot hide at all. It is simply pushed into the foreground, where it then enters into a wonderful symbiosis with apple and mint. One more push of lemon to make the fruity opening a bit more sparkling. Rose geranium to keep the noble freshness going, so that the fruity part of the vanilla does not dominate too much.

Eros is not simply a modern women's ironer, as it is often strikingly called. Nor is it a fragrance that only pubescent people should wear. They don't even know where to put their heads. And then perfumes? He is simply a candidate that fits perfectly into society. And people like that, or not. Often, it seems to me, people criticize something about a perfume that should have been addressed to society in general. But I can be very wrong here. I'll keep myself in mind when I go there.

For me personally, Eros is one of those vanilla scents where the designer(s) knew what they were doing. The direction is clear. Eros is aimed at people who [even at an advanced age] stayed young in mind. I don't mean childish or irresponsible. I also mean people who don't think like a sixty year old who thinks the world is bad because he never reached his goals Versace Eros remains a fragrance that divides the opinions of perfume lovers. But for me, it splits one thing above all: social frowst. The physical and the metaphorical. ;-)

MfG
TheOrange78
Excellent in the air
It's funny stuff. Every time I smell it directly on my skin I think that it's just not good, that it's inharmonious - too sweet, too much mint etc. but as soon as you smell eros in the air you realize how beautiful it is.

The top note consists mainly of lemon, mint (with a hint of smoke?) and apple, here the extreme sweetness does not come out yet. I find the mint almost pungent, rather unpleasant, but if you smell the perfume from a distance of several cm, it is quite interesting and appears fresh Then the scent develops. The (really very) sweet vanilla-tonka mix is the main reason for the 8.0. The dry-down is simply heavenly and also the reason why I don't regret the 200ml Eros.

(Batch 2018) The durability and strength is brute. Sillage is also good, 2-4 sprayers are completely sufficient.
Iocicredo
Let's get this party started!
The fragrance starts out rather fresh, citrusy and minty. A short time later it starts to become slightly sweet. The more time passes the stronger the sweetness becomes. The mint lasts surprisingly long and doesn't disappear in the heart note but stays a bit in the background. Like the one friend in the club who doesn't want to dance but still stays around so you can still notice him. The fragrance has a slightly synthetic quality that gives me a slight headache but I think it's pretty good. 1 splash behind each ear, 1 on the wrist and you can smell it all evening. Strong Sillage, you can smell it really strong. Even if it is quite narrow in the club, you can smell it immediately when someone is wearing it and walking past you.
I wore the scent of an evening at the club and a friend of mine smelled like it all evening long even though she wore perfume herself. Hell of a performance! The bottle is high quality and looks good too. Nothing to complain about. Versace has really created a beast

Average & Mass Appealing
This is an average light mass-appealing fragrance. Definitely has sillage and a great scent for the spring and summer months. The apple in the top note stands out, and both the opening and dry-down are great. The tonka bean in the dry-down isn't dark but light. While this can be worn all day, the oak moss and citrus make this a clean and fresh scent - perfect for clubbing. Mainly for younger guys, but all guys can wear it whatever age.
The party scent
The first fragrance I bought two months ago; smells very masculine and attractive; it smells like party and fun, freedom and masculinity. Very sweet, but not unpleasantly intrusive or disturbing.
DavidBn
My first fragrance - and what a fragrance!
I love the fragrance first of all because it was my first fragrance that I owned myself - so I can associate many memories and moments with it.

But not only does it have a rather idealistic value for me. I also find the fragrance itself convincing. Although I don't think that only teenagers can wear it, I would say that the main target group for this fragrance is younger people.

This is (I think) because this incredibly sweet and loud scent DNA is especially suitable for club and party situations (although it might be a little louder for this). But because it is fresh on my skin at least here and there, it is also wearable on moderate summer days, even if you should not spray it over then.

What makes this fragrance so special to many is that it seems to be quite suitable for the masses. Because the reaction to the scent, as far as I got one, was consistently positive. Both from older and younger people, both women and men
Performance and silliage are good on my skin, especially he projects really well for me. During the performance I always got about 7-8 hours, which I think is ok
So in principle I would recommend the fragrance - even for people over 20 years of age! However, I've since tended to say that I think Gaultier's Ultramale is the better club & party scent because it doesn't last any longer

GreMuserGreMuser 3 months ago
Mass appealing, young & funny kind of fragrance, bettere suitable for younger people (16-25).
BertolucciKBertolucciK 3 months ago
The opening is good with mint and apple. The drydown is overly sweet and cloying, with vanilla mixed with tonka and Ambroxan. Too much.
MeetjoeblackMeetjoeblack 5 months ago
0.5
Too sweet. Wear this to instantly smell like a major wimp.
Dan81Dan81 7 months ago
Mint checked, apple checked, Tonka and Ambroxan over vanilla. The ensemble creates a cloud filled with curiosity that projects. Party time!
BardiaGHBardiaGH 8 months ago
Not limited to youth but limited to youthful, party and fun fragrance
BumpyumaBumpyuma 8 months ago
Good smell - Above average opening - below average projection for 1.5 hours
Amazon1975Amazon1975 12 months ago
A fruity offering with staying power....very synthetic but mass appealing....pretty good
Treznoez007Treznoez007 1 year ago
Clubing fragrance nice sweet
Carlitos01Carlitos01 1 year ago
It's a good mild/hot temperatures perfume. It's particulary fitted for clubbing, but also to the beach where there aren't many good offers.
JoaoMartinsJoaoMartins 2 years ago
A "masterpiece" over-hyped in the community. Absolutely disgusting. I don't know how can people wear this one.

by GilAroma
by Rasierwasser
by Rasierwasser
by Pistazieneis
by Pistazieneis
Schatz, was machen wir nun?
by TomLavender
by Mivvuass
by WitDeBois
by WitDeBois

Popular Versace

Versace pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Versace pour Homme Dylan Blue (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Versace L'Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Versace The Dreamer (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Versace pour Homme Oud Noir by Versace Versus Uomo (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Gianni Versace (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Versense by Versace Versace Man Eau Fraîche (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Blonde (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Eros Flame by Versace Versace Man (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Crystal Noir (Eau de Parfum) by Versace Versace pour Femme Oud Oriental by Versace Crystal Noir (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Eros (Eau de Parfum) by Versace Blue Jeans by Versace Versace Woman by Versace V'E Versace (Eau de Parfum) by Versace Versace pour Femme Dylan Blue by Versace