Eros (2012) Eau de Toilette

Eros (Eau de Toilette) by Versace
Eros (Eau de Toilette) (Versace)

Eros (Eau de Toilette) is a perfume by Versace for men and was released in 2012. The scent is sweet-synthetic. It is being marketed by EuroItalia.

Top Notes Top NotesMint leaf, Italian lemon, Green apple
Heart Notes Heart NotesVenezuelan tonka bean, Ambroxan, Geranium
Base Notes Base NotesMadagascan vanilla, Atlas cedar, Virginia cedar, Vetiver, Oakmoss

Submitted by Joe, last update on 12.10.2018

The face of the advertising campaign is the American model Brian Shimansky, set in scene by the photographers Mert & Marcus.

Bottle 10.0/10 Sillage 7.0/10 Longevity 8.0/10 Scent 8.5/10
Plato's Cave Parable - Thank you Eros!
The cave parable, figuratively seen, without a deep, philosophical background, applies exactly to Eros and me:

Erhan lived comfortably in his cave, only knew what the cave offered him. Eros, the god of covetous love, managed to lure Erhan out of his cave. The scent of Eros, marked the way out of the cave and Erhan followed this path. He was unleashed by this scent and set his first foot out into the outside world. There he met Eros and immediately got along with him. Over time, he realized that there were other fragrant personalities. He took his things out of the cave and made his way to discover more. Then Eros asked him: "Why are you leaving me? We lived together for a year." Smiling, he looked at Eros: "I am grateful to you for pulling me out of this cave. You've revealed a whole new world to me. But it's just not gonna work out between us. I've discovered something new on the side. I'm more attracted to." Erhan smelled at the last scent pearls of Eros and was ready for newer discoveries.

Yep, what was I excited about this fragrance when I had nothing to do with fragrances and perfumo a year ago.
Thanks to Eros I have a new hobby and have learned a lot here.
Eros was probably the best thing I smelled to me back then. But because of this platform, I have always found better scents and the scent no longer quite impresses me. I guess I just have a problem with fresh smells. I need the harder or finer material (see "I like" etc.).

I don't want to say much about the fragrance, but for completeness:
Starts with a strong mint, which fortunately does not smell of toothpaste or chewing gum. This is paired with delicious apples. The mint leaf remains on the skin for a long time. At least two hours are in it, but of course it gradually fades away after the top note.
Unfortunately I can't smell the tonka bean, but from the heart note on, the cedar notes appear. I suspect that these notes prevent the scent from becoming too sticky-sweet. I definitely don't think Eros is sticky. Rather something between sweet and bitter-sweet. The only thing that seems to bother many people here is the mint leaf, which smells quite synthetic. But this is exactly what makes this fragrance unique. After a few hours, when the mint is gone, there is only a "not provocative" vanilla note on my skin, supported by woody notes. Eros is quite interchangeable from this moment on.

So keep in your mind, that it's the mint. (It shouldn't rhyme!)

A year ago I gave Eros 10 points. I didn't know many scents back then. Today I give him rather 7.5 points, since I now know several scents. Eros introduced me to this world and therefore I calculate the average of 10 and 7,5.
So...where was my calculator? Maybe still in the cave...
Bottle 8.0/10 Sillage 8.0/10 Longevity 8.0/10 Scent 8.0/10
Eros (former greek) God of Love
I quote - "Women like it a lot. A real panty dropper!"
This is an overstated opinion about Versace Eros, done by probably the biggest "youtuber" influencer for men fragrances.
Judging by all the praise it received by YouTube and other net reviewers, this fragrance seems to have it all and it's considered a "not to miss fragrance". But is it really any good or any sexy?
Well, both my wife and my daughter don't like it. I kind of like it, but my love for it ended some time ago. I accuse some fatigue with this type of fresh sweetness.
I do think Eros is a good clubbing fragrance without being the best choice for romantic dates or intimacy.
It opens fresh (apple and citrus) and minty, preparing the way for an omnipresent tonka tamed by ambroxan, and offers you a very long vanilla with woody notes dry down.
Without being similar it follows the steps of Sauvage and Dylan Blue, but with added sweetness. It's a very nice mild/hot temperatures cologne. It's particulary fitted for the beach - a ground where there aren't many offers. It's also particulary ecletic as it is quite wearable in Spring and Autumn besides during the summer. Just avoid cold weather.
I still use it from time to time, especially in a sunny spring day like today (in my home). This fragrance also has been stated that it is a "compliments magnet" or a "compliments gatherer". Well that's not really my experience. People seem to like it or enjoy its sillage but don't go mad about it. Spicebomb or Man in Black do attract a lot more compliments without pulling off any person's underwear.
Performance is above average for this type of notes, without being cloying or annoying.
The flask is very nice and really stands out near the other flasks of my collection.
It's not a unique fragrance in the sense that various fragrances have the same type of vibe, or do reveal a freshy sweet scent like Eros does, but without cloning it or being cloned by it.
You end up by having a wide amount of places/situations where you can use it, like clubbing, office, by yourself, outdoor activities, work out, non formal people gatherings, informal meals,... and so on.

My rates for Versace Eros:
Wearability: 8.5
Versatility: 9.0
Quality: 9.0
Presentation: 8.5
Price: 8.0 (this rating refers my judjement about its price when I bought it almost one year ago. I understand that the price rose since then, probably due to the small "hype" raised by the NET reviewers. I don't know its actual average price, but I imagine that this rating should have a smaller value if I had bought Versace Eros today.)
Overall rating: 8,35/10.00

I received some questions about performance of EROS... Here is my experience:
Batch EM1710
sillage - 4~6 feet (above average for this notes)
projection - quite nice during the first 2~3 hours. It becomes a skin scent after 5~6 hours (above average for this notes)
longevity - 7~8 hours (above average for this notes)
Please note that performance is influenced by the production batch but also by the storage conditions before and after sale. If you store it with temperatures above 40º~45º centigrade or under direct sunlight for a month or so, the scent degrades and performance is cut in nearly half. yes... you must store it the same way you store red wine.

I like this fragrance, but I am not sure if I will buy it again. I think I am going to switch it by Carven L`Eau Intense. I prefer Carven's less sweet scent (although similar) and it has a better performance.
Bottle 9.0/10 Sillage 9.0/10 Longevity 9.0/10 Scent 8.0/10
HULK SMASH
Yup.....Not going to say too much about this cologne....this is beast mode....pure and simple....if you are in your 20's to early 30's and you like a sexy minty fragrance that can overpower the biggest baddest cologne in your vicinity, you need to get this..it lasts 10-12 hours on me....easily....if you go to a club and you dont want to smell anyone elses cologne or perfume that whole night except yours.., this will do the trick, it is extremely powerful Only issue I have with this is it might be for the younger crowd. Would be weird to smell this on an older gentleman....that being said, you are only as old as you feel...anyone is free to rock this.....I would say restrict this to winter and colder months....can get cloying if you over spray or use in hot weather
Bottle 9.0/10 Sillage 8.0/10 Longevity 9.0/10 Scent 8.0/10
What a decent aromatic minty scent!!
Once you spray it you'll get lemon/mint then it settles to Tonka Bean & Ambroxan then the base which is really really lovely and uplifting you'll smell minty vanilla, Vetiver, Cedar it's like you're smelling Mediterranean Sea.

Versatile fragrance that you can use anytime, anywhere but not in a very hot summery day, you won't regret having this scent, it's really good one.
Surprisingly decent
Eros opens with a fresh and minty accord (apple, mint, citrus) surrounded by the usual metallic-ozonic notes, however supported by a pleasant and slightly less predictable (for this type of scent) base of warm, rich, aromatic spicy-woody notes (tonka and cedar above all), sweet and quite “round”, perhaps due to tobacco and/or patchouli dusted with vanilla - the “uncommon” side is that these notes smell actually good and solid, more than the average in mainstream scents. I smell a couple of “niche” nuances here, for example the ambroxan note which provides a “modern” feel of dusty grayness (quite reinforced by aldehydes) – not far from several niche products of the recent years. Also, another “niche” factor to me is some of the contrasts this scent is built on – the tart-mint head opening and the almost gourmandish base, which is quite sweet, warm and resinous, and smoky too. Overall it smells safe and crowdpleasing, but if pay attention and smell it more carefully, it’s not as common as it may seem. And it’s definitely decent. Plus, Eros has also an unexpectedly nice evolution too: instead or remaining identical and just getting drier and lighter, it gets softer, warmer, more resinous, actually more pleasant as hours pass, once the sharp metallic-zesty opening fades away. I’m wearing it since a couple of hours, and now is remarkably better than before. Nothing great and nothing new, but not bad and not (too much) boring.

6,5/10
Scent 5.0/10
eros versace
don't know exactly how to review this frag after reading all the bad gossip about this, yes maybe it could smells cheap maybe a little too much synthetic but moreless better than many others mainstream males frags i tested recently , i could say it's a very good perfume for young people 18-30 years old ,but definitely not for me

Toreter 132 days ago
Niteclub win. Strong, sweet, crowdpleaser, girlsmagnet. Might smell synthetic, but women love it. For 18-35 yo & cheap. A+++ if u single XD+2
Bottle 9.0
Sillage 9.0
Longevity 9.0
Scent 8.5
Firasmalanzy 7 months ago
This fragrance smell good, synthetic mint and vanilla, suitable for using in winter and fall for young public and old even i think.+1
Bottle 8.0
Sillage 6.0
Longevity 6.0
Scent 7.5
Jazzy76 34 days ago
Warm and aromatic, very sensual, it could really be the God of love's scent . Multifaceted and good on my feminin skin too. I love it!
Bottle 8.0

• by BestSmellGuy by BestSmellGuy
  • by Nizarito by Nizarito
  • by Leimbacher by Leimbacher

Popular Versace

Eros (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Versace pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Versace The Dreamer (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Versense by Versace Versace Man Eau Fraîche (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Versace pour Homme Dylan Blue (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Crystal Noir (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Blue Jeans by Versace Versace L'Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Versace pour Homme Oud Noir by Versace Bright Crystal by Versace Yellow Diamond by Versace Red Jeans by Versace Eros pour Femme (Eau de Parfum) by Versace Versus Uomo (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Blonde (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Versace pour Femme Oud Oriental by Versace Versace Woman by Versace Versace pour Femme by Versace Versus (2010) by Versace