Eros 2012 Eau de Toilette

Eros (Eau de Toilette) by Versace
Eros (Eau de Toilette) is a perfume by Versace for men and was released in 2012. The scent is sweet-synthetic. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by EuroItalia.
Scent goes well with Hawas for Him

Top Notes Top NotesMint, Italian lemon, Green apple
Heart Notes Heart NotesVenezuelan tonka bean, Ambroxan, Geranium
Base Notes Base NotesBourbon vanilla, Atlas cedar, Virginia cedar, Vetiver, Oakmoss

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 18.05.2021.

The face of the advertising campaign is the American model Brian Shimansky, set in scene by the photographers Mert & Marcus.

The first love
This fragrance was my first fragrance, after I have dealt with more intense with perfumes. And he has triggered in me what many others have not managed to do, and still does.

Immediately after spraying it on, you're already met with such a sweet and fruity blend that just the opening alone should make most fall in love. I would describe it more accurately as a fresh citrus fruit opening, in which the juicy apple clearly takes the main role and is responsible for the fruitiness. Underpinning it all is a bubbly citrusiness that logically comes from the lemon. It resonates in the opening but subliminally something slightly fresh, herbaceous, the mint, which comes along very successfully and fits perfectly in this combination. Also the base is already clearly recognizable, which later of course comes to the fore. And this is a sweet vanilla-tonka bean meeting of the very finest, which rounds everything off perfectly and gives the fragrance its mood.

Versace Eros is a youthful seducer who is not too shy for anything and therefore also likes to strut loudly and confidently through the nightlife. Because that's where he feels most comfortable and that's where his home is, in the hustle and bustle of the big city.

Eros has a good shelf life and a BOMB sillage. A very loud and extroverted fragrance, which likes to hit the dirt.

There's only one small snag for me with this fragrance, and that's its synthetics. He is unfortunately not the most natural. But despite that, he is an all-around successful Scent and in terms of price, in my opinion, unbeatable. Because he is a cheap designer, you must not lose sight of that.

Versace Eros stands out for me. It is not generic or even boring, it has that certain something to stand out and above all to please. Simply that certain twinkle in the eye. And therefore gets the fruity-sweet Extrovert a clear recommendation and is a fragrance that belongs in the collection.
God of Love
Eros is for me a true all-rounder for younger people and is for me the better competitor to the Ultra Male or the pleasant brother. It can be worn up to temperatures of up to 20 degrees without any problems, without you aneckt and that despite its pepperminty sweetness. The scent is slightly oriental and very pleasant.
Unfortunately, it is worn too often, so that you can often smell him in all corners and you can not assign him a Uniqueness, similar to Sauvage
For students and students you can Ihn but because of its price / performance ratio daily wear and also in the evening to go out spray on.
Durability and sillage are very good for the price, although my nose does not perceive him even after an hour on his own skin, but the environment all the more.
The flacon is top and a real eye-catcher.

Versace Eros - the designer
Flatteringly enough, an ex-girlfriend gave me this fragrance. To flatter my masculinity, I tell myself.
Right away, I did not like the eau de toilette. Zitronig-spritzig, minty-fresh: I imagine the fragrance of the Greek god of "covetous love" with angel wings differently. Because sensual-warming and seductive, this scent just isn't. The squeaky-bright tones of this young Eros do not whisper intimate desires in the lover's ear. No, the young, synthetic apple tones instead giggle youthfully, unbridled, gourmand and sweet.
The fragrance comes with a lot of image. The head of Medusa outlined by Greek arabesques on the
turquoise green flacon. This is 100% Versace. There you have to stand on it. Mature and adult is not that. This is gaudy, poppy and flashy with neat silage and long - well, potency. A "beast" in this category, but a ladykiller? Absolutely not, it lacks any sensuality for that, but it certainly commands attention.
Under this name, you could have marketed something classic or sensual-natural. But this is a modern Eros, which waves with colorful flag to his fashion house. Versace has brought a good mood fragrance on the market, which smells like Versace
looks like. A leopard print sweater on the V-E-R-S-A-C-E logo emblazoned in bold letters.
With the appropriate expectations, you get your money's worth here. A designer through and through. Bling-Bling.
Pure love!
Have long only heard of Versace Eros, until a colleague had brought me the bottle itself for the first time. Can still remember it well, my expectations were totally exceeded. This fragrance is just somehow... different. Absolutely fresh, minty note (including vanilla and tonka bean), which somehow totally stands out from other fragrances. For me, an absolute all-rounder, wear this fragrance gladly in the home office, when I'm out and about or simply in the morning - to start the day with a good mood. Also the flacon is unparalleled, since Versace convinces me anyway always anew.

Eros is quite clearly in my all-time top 5 to find, does not get boring and also not old. Durability and sillage could currently be a little better, but have heard that this is also temperature-dependent. Have also worn the fragrance so far only mostly in the last, rather colder months and am curious how it unfolds in the summer. Great overall package that is definitely a must in my collection.

I find it particularly interesting that this fragrance is always described as a "clubbing fragrance" and as absolutely striking. Since I am still unsure. I would have to try (as I said possibly also owes the temperatures) but in my opinion rather what for the freshness in everyday life.
Angel of Love
Meanwhile, this fragrance has unfortunately been worn so often and every 2nd Has him in his dresser stand. Is similar, as with one million, ansich a mega great fragrance, but you can famit just no longer rausstechen, because everyone knows him, he almost everyone also likes, but it is just unfortunately no signature fragrance. That fresh sweetness... makes it simply a universally wearable fragrance, whether winter spring autumn or even cool summer days. As an everyday scent with bomb sillage or as a date/party scent, just a safe bet every time. The vanilla mint gives the fragrance just that "sweet" freshness. The price performance is right with this fragrance in any case, which is why I see him, although he is in my opinion, a mainstream fragrance has become as almost perfect fragrance for the collection.
Fun fact on the edge.
Have the fragrance recently found with my grandpa in the bathroom, the good man is 82 years, so because of only a fragrance for young people. With the women, by the way, the fragrance comes almost always very good.

Conclusion:

H/S:9/10
Fragrance: 8/10
Women Feedback: 8.5/10
The God of (Youthful) Love
Some hate it, some love it. The fact is, however, that Versace Eros next to 1 Million is probably the club fragrance of the last few years par excellence, although in my opinion, he seems a little less sucked out than his competitor.

The admittedly quite synthetic seeming prelude settles after a short time and leaves a beguilingly sweet fragrance composition, which for me is dominated by apple, ambroxan and vanilla, but by the mint brings a pleasant freshness with it.
The sillage is more than just decent and the durability is, just by the existing synthetic, incredibly strong. On my skin, the fragrance holds loosely times 10 hours.
The bottle is for me one of the most beautiful, which has ever come under my eyes. The gorgeous turquoise glass, the fine gold accents, the iconic Versace design; simply an absolute feast for the eyes, in keeping with a fragrance called Eros. The flacon appears overall very valuable, whereby especially the spray head stands out, this really leaves nothing to be desired.

Eros is loud, sexy and playful. He comes at the opposite sex really damn good and is a must for every young man who likes to party and wants to draw attention to himself. Already for 70 € you get nowadays the large variant with 200 ml. So you get for little money a super fragrance that brings massive compliments and with the name Versace on the shelf just neat what makes.
"Wow" at first, "hmmm" later
The opening of this fragrance I find very successful. Especially the mint, which unlike other perfumes very synthetic, almost like toothpaste, but still smells good, in conjunction with the warm notes, such as vanilla, I like very much. Fragrance-wise, this combination is a bit extravagant, as Versace Eros combines winter notes with very synthetic-fresh summer notes. It smells very pleasant in the opening, almost intriguing.

In the drydown, however, it gets a bit boring. It develops into a typical cold-weather scent, which smells pleasant, but I personally find a bit of a shame. Because this makes it in my opinion only suitable for early spring, when the weather is still cold. For the warm months, as it is often portrayed in advertising, this fragrance is definitely not suitable, even if it may seem so at the opening by the fresh notes.

For the winter it is only conditionally suitable, because the top notes are too dominant and too fresh at the beginning. Therefore, it is recommended to leave the house in winter after about 20 minutes, so that the top notes evaporate if possible. However, if you want to buy this perfume only because of the base notes, there would definitely be better alternatives for the winter.

This is exactly what I think is the main problem with this fragrance. The combination of notes that make it special, are poorly put into practice, because the top notes evaporate relatively quickly; ie you have nothing of this combination, because it is no longer present after a few minutes. Therefore, I would have liked fresh components in the heart notes of this fragrance.

Likewise, one could criticize that it is very mainstream due to the many carriers. However, this plays no role for me in the evaluation.

But the opening is really terrific
Philos
Maybe not divine, but definitely good!
This fragrance I have tested the first time half a year ago at Müller and was, probably due to the prevailing dogmas, not further interested. But now that I have already tested many fragrances, I like to reach the second time to already smelled and test them more extensively. So I order myself a 10 ml filling of Versace's Eros EdT and began the analysis.

Basically, for me, the fragrances know no age. Who says that fresh, sweet fragrances would be reserved for the youth, or the tart and smoky fragrances should be reserved for the old gentry, who thinks in pigeonholes and I do not like that. There are funky but older contemporaries, just as there are more mature young people and in the end everything is probably a matter of taste and there should be no boundaries. That's my opinion. So away from the dogma and off to the neutral evaluation of the fragrance.

Basically, I recognize from the vibe a certain similarity to Layton of Parfums de Marly. This is probably mainly due to the apple and the associated fruitiness. I like that super. But the scent doesn't linger in perfect sweetness. The freshness of the lemon and mint, grab hold of the apple and that's where the magic begins. Later in the "drydown" the scent becomes creamier and cozy, but also not as intrusive sweet as, for example, stronger with you by Armani.

When one wears the fragrance depends then probably also on your own feelings. Admittedly, the fragrance is quite good in h / s, which will probably be decisive for the fact that it has proven itself in the club. Besides sweat, smoke and alcohol, you have to be loud to be heard. Nonetheless, if you like to be noticed, it can be worn pretty much all the time. If you do not have a single office, or is the boss, you should put on his colleagues for the love of possibly something lighter.

Season? Winter? Yes. Spring. Yes! Summer? No. It shouldn't be too hot, it's too sweet. Autumn? Yes.

I can well imagine that he will soon move in with me. Let's wait for the 10ml filling times! ;)
SaSu77
"Not" just the clubbing king
Hello all,

i have long made a bow around this fragrance without ever having sniffed him.

The reviews describe him quite often as a teen and party fragrance, and since I myself have come a bit in the years, or my disco times are long ago, never really thought until now to buy me Eros.

One inevitably does not come around Eros, if one informs oneself now and then on public platforms about fragrances. :) And so it came that I was eifach very curious about how Eros now smells and whether he really does not suit me at all.

A happy coincidence has me then here in the souk stumble across a good offer for Eros and said done, I have him without further ado on Parfumo "ersoukt".

I was very excited when the package came and after the first aufprühen I must conclude that I really like him. To start it comes across for me very fruity-fresh. The mint and the apple dominate here quite clearly. A great prelude, as I am a fan of fresh scents and this is also not too sweet. Ultimately, a very pleasant fragrance and also clear why he is so successful.
Great is also that he evolves on my skin and always maintains its freshness. Ultimately, a vanilla note is added when the fragrance slowly fades and becomes quite close to the body.

Why only for the club, party's or teenagers I can not quite understand. Sure he works for these target groups very well, but I have Ihn last worn at work. a at least my bottle not too strongly projected, I he m.E. also here for example the spring quite well suited.

The fragrance gives me a good mood, because it smells so pleasantly fresh and sweet and just gives me positive feeling back. A nice addition to my collection and also wearable with Ü40. Of course, depends somewhat on one's self.

One certainly does not go wrong with this fragrance and I would Ihn definitely buy again

Versace (H)Eros
The legendary Eros. It is still worth the hype ? Hell yeah (if you ask me). I still have an old formulation and I am glad I kept some. Sweet, minty apple. I also get some creaminess from the ambroxan, vanilla and tonka. A fragrance to rock on your nights out, or when you want to grab some attention. Smells pretty seductive to me. Most of the girls love this one. I am looking forward to try the new eros edp.
Performance is there, no problem.
8+ hours with decent projection in the first 3-4 hours. The bottle also is very nice looking. Obviously, youthness in this green emerald bottle.

Overall : 8/10

Topfpflanze3Topfpflanze3 12 days ago
Mint and apple in the opening. In the mid and base sweet tonka mixes in. It just is what it is, one of the best designers.
MrLawmanMrLawman 25 days ago
Will I get arrested if I don't use Eros for clubbing?
TaoEuringerTaoEuringer 1 month ago
A superb first clubbing/ going-out scent. An immortal fragrance DNA, which, yet simple, exudes precisely what it sets out to.
CaspikaarCaspikaar 1 month ago
Sweet, sticky, and young. Somehow the juice makes me a little uncomfortable. The mint and tonka bean vibe is pretty unusual to my nose.
GreMuserGreMuser 9 months ago
Mass appealing, young & funny kind of fragrance, bettere suitable for younger people (16-25).
BertolucciKBertolucciK 9 months ago
The opening is good with mint and apple. The drydown is overly sweet and cloying, with vanilla mixed with tonka and Ambroxan. Too much.
MeetjoeblackMeetjoeblack 11 months ago
0.5
Too sweet. Wear this to instantly smell like a major wimp.
Dan81Dan81 12 months ago
Mint checked, apple checked, Tonka and Ambroxan over vanilla. The ensemble creates a cloud filled with curiosity that projects. Party time!
BardiaGHBardiaGH 1 year ago
Not limited to youth but limited to youthful, party and fun fragrance
BumpyumaBumpyuma 1 year ago
Good smell - Above average opening - below average projection for 1.5 hours

by GilAroma
by GilAroma
by Elysium
by Elysium
by Mustang69
by Mustang69
...und frohe Weihnachten an alle!
by NuiWhakakore
by Notirotirito
by Notirotirito
by Rasierwasser
by Rasierwasser
Schatz, was machen wir nun?
by TomLavender
by Mivvuass
by WitDeBois
by WitDeBois

Popular Versace

Versace pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Versace pour Homme Dylan Blue (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Versace pour Homme Oud Noir by Versace The Dreamer (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Versense by Versace Gianni Versace (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Versace L'Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Versus Uomo (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Crystal Noir (Eau de Parfum) by Versace Versace Man Eau Fraîche (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Blonde (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Eros (Eau de Parfum) by Versace Eros Flame by Versace Versace Man (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Versace pour Femme Oud Oriental by Versace Crystal Noir (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Blue Jeans by Versace Versace Woman by Versace Versace pour Femme Dylan Blue by Versace V'E Versace (Eau de Parfum) by Versace