The Dreamer 1996 Eau de Toilette

The Dreamer (Eau de Toilette) by Versace
The Dreamer (Eau de Toilette) is a popular perfume by Versace for men and was released in 1996. The scent is floral-sweet. It is being marketed by EuroItalia.
Scent goes well with Neroli

LilyLily
FlaxFlax
Base Notes Base NotesAmberAmber
Tobacco flowerTobacco flower

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 24.07.2021.

Soft shell, hard core

"The Dreamer" is a fragrance that has really flashed me. Although I am a lover of woody / smoky fragrances, but "The Dreamer" is in my opinion just extremely special. It smells very sweet in the opening and develops into a very masculine scent after a few minutes. The tobacco notes are very clearly recognizable. I also detect patchouli, although it doesn't seem to be included. The scent fits perfectly with a guy from Miami, who whizzes in a Lambo over the hot streets. But also works on the bike as an office worker. I even wear it to the gym sometimes and have been asked about it several times. For me a fragrance for eternity!
The Dreamer - For me the ever walker
My first review on Parfumo just has to be for this fragrance. When the fragrance was released in 1996 I was just one year old.

For me, this fragrance is something very special. This extraordinary fragrance composition can, in my opinion, only a few fragrances (certainly not in this price segment) hold the water.

With the first Aufsprühen one perceives a floral note, which is rounded off by a masculine tobacco. Durability and sillage are good.

Why I would call this fragrance as Immergeher? Because you can wear him in my opinion at any time of year and there are few occasions where this fragrance does not fit.

Versace The Dreamer I take when I can not decide on a fragrance and immediately get into a good mood as soon as I perceive the smell after the first spray.
Italian Bathroom
Today, '' The Dreamer '' arrived, and when I tried him directly on my arm, I came directly Italy and Italian bathroom in mind.
The fragrance reminds me at the beginning in the first few seconds of Prada L'Homme, which then disappears but again. Then after a few minutes this mix of Sculpture, Le Male and Versace L'Homme
Dreamy!
The Dreamer! Already the name sounds seductive. But already at the look in the fragrance pyramid came to me slight doubts. Iris sounded good at first, this note is mainly responsible for fragrances like Dior Homme, Prada L'Homme, Valentino Uomo Intense or Givenchy Gentleman. So completely after my taste. That mixed together with juniper and tarragon though? Hmmm... never mind, Blindbuy and ready...

Well, but was unfortunately nothing! One notices the fragrance in any case, that he comes from a good house, so much is already sent in advance. Me shoots in the opening as well as in the further course of the fragrance but constantly spicy cinnamon in the nose, although this is not listed in the fragrance pyramid. I feel the same way about Joop Ice, although cinnamon is obviously not a component there either. Possibly this scent perception in Dreamer also results from the mix of iris and juniper. Whatever the case, this spicy scent somehow doesn't fit with the lovely powdery iris and, for me, unfortunately completely ruins the quite beautiful composition that shines through. This spicy undertone dominates the entire course of the fragrance, which is why I can't understand the relationship to Prada L'Homme that is often mentioned here. Rather, I see here a similarity to the already mentioned Joop Ice.

Basically, however, The Dreamer remains a beautiful fragrance. It must just fit fragrance-technically. The flacon is noble, the fragrance is high quality, the sillage is subtle but good, the durability can also be seen and the price is favorable. Unfortunately, my expectations of the fragrance, however, were not met, although it could actually fit after the many previous fragrance descriptions. This cinnamon-spicy undertone is, however, unfortunately so disturbing, as if there is somehow something does not want to fit together. For me, once again, proof not to rely on other scent descriptions, but to test for yourself...
Not really my thing...
On paper as on my skin, I can not really make friends with this fragrance, unfortunately.

As for Versace otherwise, I'm a big fan, however, this fragrance just has a subnote that turns my stomach slightly, the more you get it in the nose.

Very sad, I think, because at first smell you do become very attentive and interested in it; you want to smell again right away - but then, in the details, it turns (for me) and becomes unpleasant rather than remarkably inviting.

Makes you almost envious of everyone else who can love it so much :) I would have liked to have been one of them.
Autumn maturity
Disclaimer: I am an older gentleman of advanced retirement age who has applied fragrances for personal pleasure all his life. I have neither an analytical nose and professional background knowledge, nor the urge to remain as objective as possible in evaluations, as far as this seems at all possible with fragrances.

When the first days of August have passed, then you sit sometimes at the evening garden table, enjoy a glass of Portuguese red wine, and you remember.
Läßt the summer review, takes stock of whether one would have used his short earth time in the past weeks well behaved and sensible, and do not even notice how the view is drawn gently into a dark corner of the garden, which but not at all gloomy, but rather auspicious.
There at the very end, still behind the vegetable beds and herbs grow on an old fence - probably for over a hundred years - the tastiest blackberries on earth.
And then you get up, walk there thoughtfully, smell them, and look forward to the small harvest of the weeks now to come.

In my eyes, few scents capture the garden theme as beautifully as Versace's The Dreamer.
Its fruity sweetness is of such delicate loveliness that it blends almost creatively wildly with the herbal aromas. I deliberately do not want to track down individual fragrance notes in this eau de toilette, but let the whole garden work on me.

Not one of those ghastly concrete gardens with DIY pot plants in antique design pots, and also not a durchdesignten swank garden with Koikarpfenteich and wooden bridge - no, I'm talking about a real garden as you find it with grandparents, where hundreds of colours and smells rain down on a small person, with cherry and apple trees, where cucumbers grow, the brown-yellow leaves of the trees cover the lawn, and old wooden slats rot on the bank of a small village stream.

Possibly this image is as cheesy as this fragrance, possibly because the present has become too hectic to allow such gardens with all their back-breaking work to survive at all, possibly because of this we sometimes react cynically to this form of niceness, and possibly because of this very reason I love Versace's The Dreamer all the more.

That this fragrance seduces incidentally with one of the most tasteful bottles on the market and a very attractive price, this should be mentioned, without the beauty of the actual fragrance but even in the slightest want to relativize
ScentyXXdude
Outside Hui inside also hui !!
İI always wanted to have this fragrance , even if he would not smell good , I would put him in my perfume closet because he just looks elegant .
The fragrance reminds me at the beginning of the Sculpture homme ( but not so extremely penetrating ) and in the course of its development comes a perfectly measured amount of the le male DNA , which smells very good with the tobacco flower . Which also takes away from its uniqueness somewhat .
İm large and all he is a masterpiece of Gianni Versace which hopefully will not be forgotten so quickly
Wasauchimmer
White linen shirt in summer
So, I write as a long-winded visitor to this page also times my first comment and not without reason to this fragrance.
I stumbled upon it through a video of the good Jeremy. The fragrance was not only one of my first fragrances ever (I think my third) but also the first BlindBuy (you can say whether you could smell the already in any store. I have him in any case still niergendwo seen).
When the fragrance was then delivered at the beginning of summer he smelled for my untrained nose still quite indefinable. However, it has not taken much longer than a summer afternoon with friends, iced tea and canoes on the next best river and he became THE summer fragrance for me.
"A powdery, floral tobacco scent" probably describes it best. While I see that Dreamer is classified by many here as an all-rounder, I myself prefer it in summer in the warmest temperatures and even then more for casual affairs or freshly showered after an evening jog.
The durability and sillage I would have classified as not too above average, as with most light, fresh summer fragrances, but when I recently showed it to a friend, he said that he has already smelled the on me. And since that could only be on the aforementioned canoe trip, despite sunscreen, sweat, and hours of swimming in river water, it genuinely surprised me.
So if you want a BlindBuy for the summer, top quality from a legendary brand at low money, then you can not miss TheDreamer.
Childhood
I don't think I'll be the first to positively associate this awesome thing with the oil you got rubbed on your chest when you, as a kid had bronchitis. Not at all medicinal, stinky, rather soothing due to delicious herbs, slightly spicy and lively. After a while the spiciness subsides and makes way for super creamy/delicious scents, light damp tobacco smell, light woody notes, still accompanied, but a bit more subtle, by the yummy herbs. The bottle looks very chic, the processing is quite ok, for the price, the attention should be more on the fragrance itself. The "integrated" spray head, so the lidless system is quite functional for "normal" use, but in a backpack / suitcase it can come to a fragrant surprise. Sillage is good, nothing earth shattering. At Corona times, this fragrance will not stand out anyway, but he does not want to :)
Mmm...
So actually a very nice perfume...
Initially comes something herbaceous which reminds me very much of cold juice, sage / mint cream you know what I mean :)
The scent is very similar to JPG le Male (so the normal) Bzw it goes so in this direction and remains so all the time, so I personally have the feeling so I would JPG Le male wear when I spray it on ... one takes it in the first hour very perceive so ne super projection but then it settles. In between you can still smell it but you have to be a little close to you to smell you All in all a very nice perfume even if you have smelled similar before. The shelf life was with me on the skin about 5-6 hours and on the clothes you could smell it for a good 8-9 hours until it is then really gone Compliments I could not generate any...Lockdownseidank...well so much for...Versace -The Dreamer

StamatiosStamatios 1 month ago
Yes,he's a dreamer!With him I can dream of the 90's.He's also cousin with JPG LM but more sophisticated and classy.He's a fine Italian.Ciao!
CaspikaarCaspikaar 3 months ago
Very clean, linear and balanced juice. Very wearable in every season. 1 million, invictus kinda vibe but much more balanced and fresh.
Finerthings8Finerthings8 9 months ago
One of the nicest skin scent even though it is a poor performer. Something is very nice about that tobacco flower on the skin. Me like
EdP4hommeEdP4homme 10 months ago
Tony Soprano in a bottle! not a blind buy, it is a floral fresh-cigar old-school alpha-male fragrance, EdT as used to be (long lasting)
DsktpDsktp 11 months ago
Perfect name. Reminds me of my aspirations (?!)
A sharp start settles to a powdery white floral & tobacco flower scent smoothened w/ amber.
BertolucciKBertolucciK 12 months ago
One of the great perfumes of the 90s. A bit fougère, a bit oriental. Classy and manly. Sweet, fresh and rich. Iris and tobacco. Signature.
Dan81Dan81 1 year ago
Summer night Dreamer. First encounter in high school and loved this synthetic ode to night life. No longer modern and cheap, but I love it
Flaviu12Flaviu12 1 year ago
PERFECTION! Serious, this is my signature scent, a super solid frag, very complex, manly, and timeless!
HubertGHubertG 1 year ago
Top 10 lifetime fragrances, unique oriental but brighter, iris has turned rare nowadays, love it so much, almost perfect, distinguished
KimJongKimJong 2 years ago
Le Male for a heavy smoker who's wearing tight jeans and red converse shoes, drinking bourbon whiskey at a wooden bar.

I'm just a dreamer ......
Bo - Der Bär
by Seejungfrau
by Baloma
by Baloma
Medusa dankt :-) The Dreamer genießt die Stille
by Seejungfrau
by GewoonBB
by GewoonBB
versace - the dreamer: der end90er jahre eros enführt heute träumerisch zurück in die zeit der absoluten jugend - samt all ihrer leidenschaften und verführungen :)
by Felsn
by Andreas09
by Andreas09
by Thizhy
by Thizhy
For Fresh21 Masculine challenge (new and improved)
by AFreimann
by Thecombad
by Mosi9
by Mosi9

Popular Versace

Versace pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Versace pour Homme Dylan Blue (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Versace pour Homme Oud Noir by Versace Gianni Versace (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Crystal Noir (Eau de Parfum) by Versace Versense by Versace Versace L'Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Versus Uomo (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Eros (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Eros (Eau de Parfum) by Versace Versace Man Eau Fraîche (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Blonde (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Eros Flame by Versace Versace pour Femme Oud Oriental by Versace Versace Man (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Crystal Noir (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Blue Jeans by Versace Versace pour Femme Dylan Blue by Versace Versace Woman by Versace V'E Versace (Eau de Parfum) by Versace