The Dreamer 1996Eau de Toilette

The Dreamer (Eau de Toilette) by Versace
The Dreamer (Eau de Toilette) is a popular perfume by Versace for men and was released in 1996. The scent is floral-sweet. It is being marketed by EuroItalia.
Scent goes well with Neroli

Top Notes Top NotesJuniper, Artemisia, Tarragon
Heart Notes Heart NotesIris, Lily, Flax
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Tobacco flower

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 16.10.2020.

My signature scent
Yeah, this one is. I don't see why not. Yeah, but why? There are scents I rate higher, but The Dreamer is my signature scent. If only because I can wear it more often. The opportunities to get this fine gentleman out of the closet are almost endless
This fragrance from Versace has something timelessly classic. Even younger people can wear it without it looking too "outta time". And older people can wear it without it looking like a modern disco monkey. Yeah, you're right. Strike that with the Disco Seat
The dreamy one, surrounded by familiar freshness. His suit shines with cleanliness. There is no blemish on himself. His shirt is ironed. His shoes laced perfectly. A touch of orange blossom (2006 version) surrounds him, carries him as if on wings. And a fine breeze of tobacco rises up from the ground. He is down-to-earth, even if he is already creating his future in his thoughts.
Maybe he's on his way to work. Or on a date. Or maybe he's just meeting friends for a soccer night
No matter what the situation is. This pleasant, discreet scent of Versace makes me approach things with confidence. Yes, The Dreamer doesn't kill anyone as soon as they come around the corner. And exactly this makes it an excellent signature scent. Smell good without bending a skyscraper as you walk past.
I love hammer scents. No question. But for everyday life, I like to be quiet.
Discreet restraint does not mean that someone is shy
MfG
TheOrange78

50something
Went from dislike to love/my signature scent
It’s amazing to me how many times I have almost given up on a fragrance only to find that when I distance myself from it and come back to it, that I actually go from dislike to love.

When I first purchased this, blind buy mind you, I knew it was polarizing, but I knew that it must have that something special due to the many people who love it. Well, I finally get it. The first time I tried it I was taken back by its somewhat floral/feminine notes and tobaccos note. I even poured the atomizer down the drain after several wearings to make room for something else.

I have frequently returned to it, and each time it grew a little bit more on me to the point now that I now consider it my #1 signature fragrance, followed by Guerlain Heritage edt, edp, then Guerlain Vetiver.

Do not be to hasty when trying fragrances. This one is very sophisticated, it may grow on you if you give it a chance. I also love how this changes throughout the day.

This is a bit of a throwback fragrance so it would be better suited for matures, 40 on up.

9.7 out of 10 overall.

Rquill67
I spray this one before bed... love it! Relaxing...
Versace Dreamer was a blind-buy and given the various reviews (love and hate), I was wondering whether or not I would enjoy this one. Happy to report I absolutely love it! In the opening I get tobacco, tonka and lavender, and if I'm honest smells like a cross between Gucci Pour Homme II and Hanae Mori's HiM. The opening blew me away. As the fragrance dries down some of the sweetness disappears and the carnation, rose and woods start to settle in. But there's something different that almost smells like mate or tea, and I think the carnation makes this just a smidge (technical term.. Ha!) of a dry tea-like soapiness (but nothing too soapy and definitely not shower-gel - that's not what I mean). This is an excellent fragrance and one I can definitely see me placing in my top 20 fragrances. I would wear any season I think day or night. Could become a signature scent. 10 / 10 for me. Pick this one up peeps!

90s night out
Versace Dreamer captured my heart immediately back in 90s. At the time I had just purchased Versace blue Jeans, but the Dreamer smelt more mature and carried a "let's go out in the night" vibe that I loved. Fast forward 20 years later and with my rejuvenated enthusiasm for scents I purchased a new bottle of Versace dreamer. This fragrance is also subject to debate about reformation; I frankly cannot tell how much of a difference there is from memory alone. I do feel the top notes and lily used to be stronger in the opening with the amber and tobacco dry down, but it may be figments of my imagination that the floral impression was stronger before. I get the Iris and lily right away with tobacco scent cloud growing rapidly. Most importantly, I still get the overall vibe of synthetic playfulness as the name of Dreamer crowns. It makes me think of summer nights, late summer nights when the temperature has gone down slightly but there is still lingering warmth in the air, people still wanting to hang out and continue to have fun. Light up a cigarette, have a drink or two and explore the possibilities that summer encounters can provide.

Versace Dreamer is definitely a 90s child and it is dated. I'd say it is dated due to its own success instead of the fragrance composition itself becoming old. It still has the extra something that lingers in my heart. Along with my bottle of Egoiste, the Dreamer has a spot in my collection.
A positive surprise...
The fragrance has found its way to me, as I have heard almost nothing but good things about it in some YouTube videos and the reviews on Parfumo have also voted for it. I was also surprised by the low price for the bottle, even though it's a brand like Versace.

So I bought the fragrance here as a bottling in SOUK and was accordingly curious.

I can anticipate right away, I wasn't disappointed either.

Already with the first generous application, I was immediately surrounded by a very pleasant, flowery and slightly sweet scent. At the beginning it also brings a certain freshness that I did not expect.

As the fragrance progresses, the initial sweetness settles a little and a continuing floral impression remains. But not in such a way that it is disturbingly floral. Thank God, because such fragrances do not really appeal to me.

In my eyes the smell becomes very "pure" when the sweetness subsides. The fragrance then has a slightly powdery note for me, which I find quite pleasant in the long run.

I classify the fragrance as an all-rounder, because in my eyes it suits every occasion and season. From the age group I would rather classify this fragrance for men around 30 and upwards, a "teenager scent" is it in my eyes rather less
It is definitely suitable for the office, even if it reflects well at first, it is not in the disturbing measure.

I would rate the sillage and durability as good, especially considering the price. The scent lasts for a good 5-6 hours. The last few hours then rather close
Even if the fragrance is a bit older, it is by no means outdated or does not fit into the present day.
I will certainly continue to wear the fragrance and can only recommend it to anyone who feels addressed by the fragrance pyramid to give the fragrance a chance.

Un sung Hero of the 90s
as i continue to relive my journey of fragrances of the 80s, 90s, This is one of the best fragrances of that era with an amazing and unique dry down. i actually reach out for this when i remember how fantastic and unique this smells. I do think it was reformulated at some point.. but still a a very good smell with good longevity just spray more.
Solid
Surprisingly outstanding
When you think of the big fragrance houses and popular perfume brands, Versace is rarely mentioned at the beginning. After all, most fragrances of this brand are felt to be permanently on sale. However, I had never seen one in a store: The Dreamer receives virtually no attention from Versace, although it is produced regularly
So I had imagined that he would probably rather smell stale or cheap. Rarely have I been so wrong: The Dreamer is sporty! When I spray it on, I smell a strong freshness and plenty of flowers, but they diminish a little bit in the course of time. In terms of style it goes in the direction of "Le Male" by Jeal-Paul Gaultier and "Pegasus" by Parfums de Marly, but is not as sweet as those two. One takes the fragrance in the environment, but I never had the feeling to have applied "too thick".

The Dreamer is a fragrance that has the potential to become a classic like "Acqua di Giò pour Homme" - both were released in 1996, by the way. Similar to Armani's blockbuster, The Dreamer is a timeless all-rounder that is suitable for all age groups. I personally could imagine that with a good remake it would become a box office hit. Why Versace doesn't put more emphasis on this fragrance in her portfolio remains a mystery to me.

Actually, I'm glad: After all, you can get 100 ml for less than 30 Euro, although it smells much more valuable. The bottle is also impeccably finished and makes a chic impression with a light 90s vibe. All in all, The Dreamer is one of the big surprises for me, which you can buy blind as a fan of Invictus, Le Male and co.

Flaviu12
Versace Dreamer- Gianni really knew what to take out!
Hello folks! First, this is my signature scent! I simply love it! It was love at the first sight! this a perfume created for gentlemans, for tho who inspire and being inspired, for true romantic souls! In the beginning this superb frag start with the super fresh tobacco leaf, with superb touch of lavender and citric notes. That ll stay for about 20-30 minutes, than the frag development its outstanding: the florals join the love and start to kick some good punch, Lili, juniper and iris, very good quality of those. The base is of course that gourgeous leafy tobacco flanked by tonka and some good amber, oh God! That smell and that vibe that this fragrance gives to u its....I have no words.
I simply love this scent and this is a trully statement in the masculine parfumery, very solid tobacco/lavender parfume, of the t last creations of Gianni Versace, may he rest in peace.
The name its simply chosen perfectly, This fragnace it takes you through the dreams of wonderful Italy, Mediteranean, and the strong vibe of 90”s.
I give this frag a strong 9.5 out of 10!
The bottle its super nice, with that superb meduza carved in glass.
Age 20+/ wearabillity?: everywhere but avoid heat waves and gyms.
Short love poem
As the title suggests, the performance of this fragrance is not the best.
Which I find very unfortunate, because the fragrance is a true experience that you won't find anywhere else like it.
If you spray it on and smell the top note you would put this fragrance away and look for something else.
But as soon as he has let off some steam on his skin and it has mixed with his own body odor, a very attractive floral but also seductive scent is created I have received many compliments for this fragrance that I would never have believed before.
And the name of the fragrance "The Dreamer" is in my eyes a philosophy of life.
From dreamer to doer

The Dreamer (@Nose.Knows.No.Notes)
VERSACE THE DREAMER •

This is a tough one: Loved by many, hated by many. Especially the opening can be notoriously harsh and I can attest to that. Versace's The Dreamer arguably has the worst opening I've smelled in my journey so far.

To me, it smells like a powdery variant of nail polish remover. There's an overload of lavender and sage at first and sweetness from the vanilla joins the party, but it's caught in a strong, alcoholic, gluey cloud. It takes almost and hour for the harshness and the cleaning product vibe to fade away. After that, a pretty interesting tobacco note takes charge. Combined with the left-over vanilla, it becomes a nice scent that I enjoy wearing.

If you can get over the opening, this is actually a really unique fragrance, especially for the pricepoint (I picked up my 100ml bottle for 20€). The Dreamer is one of the most accurately named fragrances in my opinion. This is a fragrance that you wear for yourself, for artists, for creative people. I don't feel like this is a crowd pleaser and definitely not an office scent either. In my current rotation, The Dreamer won't get a lot of wears, but I do think it's worth a try, especially if you're looking to add a unique fragrance to a small collection, without spending a lot of money •

Please follow my IG @Nose.Knows.No.Notes for more reviews and fragrance photography.

Finerthings8Finerthings8 4 days ago
One of the nicest skin scent even though it is a poor performer. Something is very nice about that tobacco flower on the skin. Me like
EdP4hommeEdP4homme 26 days ago
Tony Soprano in a bottle! not a blind buy, it is a floral fresh-cigar old-school alpha-male fragrance, EdT as used to be (long lasting)
DsktpDsktp 47 days ago
Perfect name. Reminds me of my aspirations (?!)
A sharp start settles to a powdery white floral & tobacco flower scent smoothened w/ amber.
BertolucciKBertolucciK 71 days ago
One of the great perfumes of the 90s. A bit fougère, a bit oriental. Classy and manly. Sweet, fresh and rich. Iris and tobacco. Signature.
Dan81Dan81 153 days ago
Summer night Dreamer. First encounter in high school and loved this synthetic ode to night life. No longer modern and cheap, but I love it
Flaviu12Flaviu12 178 days ago
PERFECTION! Serious, this is my signature scent, a super solid frag, very complex, manly, and timeless!
HubertGHubertG 8 months ago
Top 10 lifetime fragrances, unique oriental but brighter, iris has turned rare nowadays, love it so much, almost perfect, distinguished
KimJongKimJong 13 months ago
Le Male for a heavy smoker who's wearing tight jeans and red converse shoes, drinking bourbon whiskey at a wooden bar.
Carlitos01Carlitos01 16 months ago
It's as intense as an EDP, very aromatic, with an unusual fougére blending and a manly scent. It smells expensive and classy! Go for it!
JoaoMartinsJoaoMartins 2 years ago
Disgusting fragrance

I'm just a dreamer ......
Bo - Der Bär
by Seejungfrau
by Baloma
by Baloma
Medusa dankt :-) The Dreamer genießt die Stille
by Seejungfrau
versace - the dreamer: der end90er jahre eros enführt heute träumerisch zurück in die zeit der absoluten jugend - samt all ihrer leidenschaften und verführungen :)
by Felsn
by Andreas09
by Andreas09
by Thizhy
by Thizhy
For Fresh21 Masculine challenge (new and improved)
by AFreimann
by Thecombad
by Mosi9
by Mosi9

Popular Versace

Versace pour Homme Dylan Blue (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Versace pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Versace L'Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Versace pour Homme Oud Noir by Versace Versus Uomo (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Gianni Versace (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Versense by Versace Eros (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Versace Man Eau Fraîche (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Blonde (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Eros Flame by Versace Versace Man (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Versace pour Femme Oud Oriental by Versace Crystal Noir (Eau de Parfum) by Versace Crystal Noir (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Versace Woman by Versace Blue Jeans by Versace V'E Versace (Eau de Parfum) by Versace Versace pour Femme Dylan Blue by Versace Eros (Eau de Parfum) by Versace