The Dreamer 1996Eau de Toilette

The Dreamer (Eau de Toilette) by Versace
The Dreamer (Eau de Toilette) is a popular perfume by Versace for men and was released in 1996. The scent is floral-sweet. It is being marketed by EuroItalia.
Scent goes well with Neroli

Top Notes Top NotesJuniper, Artemisia, Tarragon
Heart Notes Heart NotesIris, Lily, Flax
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Tobacco flower

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 23.01.2021.

Wasauchimmer
White linen shirt in summer
So, I write as a long-winded visitor to this page also times my first comment and not without reason to this fragrance.
I stumbled upon it through a video of the good Jeremy. The fragrance was not only one of my first fragrances ever (I think my third) but also the first BlindBuy (you can say whether you could smell the already in any store. I have him in any case still niergendwo seen).
When the fragrance was then delivered at the beginning of summer he smelled for my untrained nose still quite indefinable. However, it has not taken much longer than a summer afternoon with friends, iced tea and canoes on the next best river and he became THE summer fragrance for me.
"A powdery, floral tobacco scent" probably describes it best. While I see that Dreamer is classified by many here as an all-rounder, I myself prefer it in summer in the warmest temperatures and even then more for casual affairs or freshly showered after an evening jog.
The durability and sillage I would have classified as not too above average, as with most light, fresh summer fragrances, but when I recently showed it to a friend, he said that he has already smelled the on me. And since that could only be on the aforementioned canoe trip, despite sunscreen, sweat, and hours of swimming in river water, it genuinely surprised me.
So if you want a BlindBuy for the summer, top quality from a legendary brand at low money, then you can not miss TheDreamer.
Childhood
I don't think I'll be the first to positively associate this awesome thing with the oil you got rubbed on your chest when you, as a kid had bronchitis. Not at all medicinal, stinky, rather soothing due to delicious herbs, slightly spicy and lively. After a while the spiciness subsides and makes way for super creamy/delicious scents, light damp tobacco smell, light woody notes, still accompanied, but a bit more subtle, by the yummy herbs. The bottle looks very chic, the processing is quite ok, for the price, the attention should be more on the fragrance itself. The "integrated" spray head, so the lidless system is quite functional for "normal" use, but in a backpack / suitcase it can come to a fragrant surprise. Sillage is good, nothing earth shattering. At Corona times, this fragrance will not stand out anyway, but he does not want to :)
Mmm...
So actually a very nice perfume...
Initially comes something herbaceous which reminds me very much of cold juice, sage / mint cream you know what I mean :)
The scent is very similar to JPG le Male (so the normal) Bzw it goes so in this direction and remains so all the time, so I personally have the feeling so I would JPG Le male wear when I spray it on ... one takes it in the first hour very perceive so ne super projection but then it settles. In between you can still smell it but you have to be a little close to you to smell you All in all a very nice perfume even if you have smelled similar before. The shelf life was with me on the skin about 5-6 hours and on the clothes you could smell it for a good 8-9 hours until it is then really gone Compliments I could not generate any...Lockdownseidank...well so much for...Versace -The Dreamer
Floral times dreamlike different
There he was... fresh in my hands, I opened the attractive packaging and was very taken with the bottle. This slightly angular shape and a medusa head framed in a relief, the well-known trademark of Versace. So far so good, the exterior fit The first spray already impressed me with the intensity of the scent. First I smelled tarragon, paired with intense juniper, which shortly afterwards was gently wrapped by the iris and had a very calming effect. Then it becomes powdery floral with an interesting tobacco note. Everyday scent and suitable for the office. Never brutally loud and obtrusive, but always present. A fragrance that has its "right to exist" in the world of perfume. !!! Classic !!!!
Shelf life good 6 hours, silage above average.

Smellavision
A very appropriate name indeed...
Complex and multifaceted. Florals, pipe tobacco, amber, spices and soapy tonka.
Dreamer opens with a pretty vinagrette-like bittersour chemical blast of... tobacco? Comes on sort of like a smoky wet dog or wool. Passing through the heart you slowly enter the realm that in my (and apparently also others) opinion is the best part, the drydown. It's kinda oriental and in this stage I find it to have some slight similarities to the original D&G pour Homme.

No doubt, this scent is pretty unique and probably was even more so when it was first released. There's no way you can complain about the performance vs. price ratio here, as it's quite cheap to get a hold of most places, but also even in the newer formulation very powerful in regards to both sillage and longevity - sometimes bordering on nuclear, depending on setting and temperatures. No doubt this will be cloying in the summertime, but quite fitting for a winter or fall evening.

Overall, I'd say that I used to like it but since I got Feuilles de Tabac by Miller Harris I feel that FdT is a more contemporary version of Dreamer, without the sort of old-schoolish Versace PH vibe.

Still, this one holds his own.
Heldenvater
When it gets colder outside..
The Dreamer

Why that name?

I think I understand why.

It invites you to dream.
He gives me this all-round carefree feeling, which helps me through the cold time without any problems.
When it gets colder and more uncomfortable outside, when the fog creeps under my sweater and the step to the front door is hard to overcome, this scent gives me a good feeling - all day long. Still perceptible under the blanket in the evening...

The fragrance begins harsh and angular - like a cold ashtray. And yet somehow floral. A bunch of flowers next to an ashtray...
Fascinating.
I was under his spell.
The angularity gives way quite quickly and makes room for an aromatic, woody and soft warmth - and here it begins to show its true strength.
This strength and expressiveness is easily retained for the next 6 to 8 hours.

For me a masterpiece and jewel in my collection!

Perfumes have to create feelings in me - and The Dreamer does that.
A fragrance that makes me happy, drives away the cold - and despite its power does not attract negative attention from the environment.

Compliments? I'd rather not. I wear it for myself and my well-being
Great smell!
My signature scent
Yeah, this one is. I don't see why not. Yeah, but why? There are scents I rate higher, but The Dreamer is my signature scent. If only because I can wear it more often. The opportunities to get this fine gentleman out of the closet are almost endless
This fragrance from Versace has something timelessly classic. Even younger people can wear it without it looking too "outta time". And older people can wear it without it looking like a modern disco monkey. Yeah, you're right. Strike that with the Disco Seat
The dreamy one, surrounded by familiar freshness. His suit shines with cleanliness. There is no blemish on himself. His shirt is ironed. His shoes laced perfectly. A touch of orange blossom (2006 version) surrounds him, carries him as if on wings. And a fine breeze of tobacco rises up from the ground. He is down-to-earth, even if he is already creating his future in his thoughts.
Maybe he's on his way to work. Or on a date. Or maybe he's just meeting friends for a soccer night
No matter what the situation is. This pleasant, discreet scent of Versace makes me approach things with confidence. Yes, The Dreamer doesn't kill anyone as soon as they come around the corner. And exactly this makes it an excellent signature scent. Smell good without bending a skyscraper as you walk past.
I love hammer scents. No question. But for everyday life, I like to be quiet.
Discreet restraint does not mean that someone is shy
MfG
TheOrange78

Rquill67
I spray this one before bed... love it! Relaxing...
Versace Dreamer was a blind-buy and given the various reviews (love and hate), I was wondering whether or not I would enjoy this one. Happy to report I absolutely love it! In the opening I get tobacco, tonka and lavender, and if I'm honest smells like a cross between Gucci Pour Homme II and Hanae Mori's HiM. The opening blew me away. As the fragrance dries down some of the sweetness disappears and the carnation, rose and woods start to settle in. But there's something different that almost smells like mate or tea, and I think the carnation makes this just a smidge (technical term.. Ha!) of a dry tea-like soapiness (but nothing too soapy and definitely not shower-gel - that's not what I mean). This is an excellent fragrance and one I can definitely see me placing in my top 20 fragrances. I would wear any season I think day or night. Could become a signature scent. 10 / 10 for me. Pick this one up peeps!

90s night out
Versace Dreamer captured my heart immediately back in 90s. At the time I had just purchased Versace blue Jeans, but the Dreamer smelt more mature and carried a "let's go out in the night" vibe that I loved. Fast forward 20 years later and with my rejuvenated enthusiasm for scents I purchased a new bottle of Versace dreamer. This fragrance is also subject to debate about reformation; I frankly cannot tell how much of a difference there is from memory alone. I do feel the top notes and lily used to be stronger in the opening with the amber and tobacco dry down, but it may be figments of my imagination that the floral impression was stronger before. I get the Iris and lily right away with tobacco scent cloud growing rapidly. Most importantly, I still get the overall vibe of synthetic playfulness as the name of Dreamer crowns. It makes me think of summer nights, late summer nights when the temperature has gone down slightly but there is still lingering warmth in the air, people still wanting to hang out and continue to have fun. Light up a cigarette, have a drink or two and explore the possibilities that summer encounters can provide.

Versace Dreamer is definitely a 90s child and it is dated. I'd say it is dated due to its own success instead of the fragrance composition itself becoming old. It still has the extra something that lingers in my heart. Along with my bottle of Egoiste, the Dreamer has a spot in my collection.
A positive surprise...
The fragrance has found its way to me, as I have heard almost nothing but good things about it in some YouTube videos and the reviews on Parfumo have also voted for it. I was also surprised by the low price for the bottle, even though it's a brand like Versace.

So I bought the fragrance here as a bottling in SOUK and was accordingly curious.

I can anticipate right away, I wasn't disappointed either.

Already with the first generous application, I was immediately surrounded by a very pleasant, flowery and slightly sweet scent. At the beginning it also brings a certain freshness that I did not expect.

As the fragrance progresses, the initial sweetness settles a little and a continuing floral impression remains. But not in such a way that it is disturbingly floral. Thank God, because such fragrances do not really appeal to me.

In my eyes the smell becomes very "pure" when the sweetness subsides. The fragrance then has a slightly powdery note for me, which I find quite pleasant in the long run.

I classify the fragrance as an all-rounder, because in my eyes it suits every occasion and season. From the age group I would rather classify this fragrance for men around 30 and upwards, a "teenager scent" is it in my eyes rather less
It is definitely suitable for the office, even if it reflects well at first, it is not in the disturbing measure.

I would rate the sillage and durability as good, especially considering the price. The scent lasts for a good 5-6 hours. The last few hours then rather close
Even if the fragrance is a bit older, it is by no means outdated or does not fit into the present day.
I will certainly continue to wear the fragrance and can only recommend it to anyone who feels addressed by the fragrance pyramid to give the fragrance a chance.

TraktorTraktor 1 month ago
A perfume with a vintage vibe. Perhaps a little ahead of its time. Totally unixex, perfect for cold environments.
Finerthings8Finerthings8 3 months ago
One of the nicest skin scent even though it is a poor performer. Something is very nice about that tobacco flower on the skin. Me like
EdP4hommeEdP4homme 4 months ago
Tony Soprano in a bottle! not a blind buy, it is a floral fresh-cigar old-school alpha-male fragrance, EdT as used to be (long lasting)
DsktpDsktp 5 months ago
Perfect name. Reminds me of my aspirations (?!)
A sharp start settles to a powdery white floral & tobacco flower scent smoothened w/ amber.
BertolucciKBertolucciK 6 months ago
One of the great perfumes of the 90s. A bit fougère, a bit oriental. Classy and manly. Sweet, fresh and rich. Iris and tobacco. Signature.
Dan81Dan81 8 months ago
Summer night Dreamer. First encounter in high school and loved this synthetic ode to night life. No longer modern and cheap, but I love it
Flaviu12Flaviu12 9 months ago
PERFECTION! Serious, this is my signature scent, a super solid frag, very complex, manly, and timeless!
HubertGHubertG 11 months ago
Top 10 lifetime fragrances, unique oriental but brighter, iris has turned rare nowadays, love it so much, almost perfect, distinguished
KimJongKimJong 1 year ago
Le Male for a heavy smoker who's wearing tight jeans and red converse shoes, drinking bourbon whiskey at a wooden bar.
Carlitos01Carlitos01 2 years ago
It's as intense as an EDP, very aromatic, with an unusual fougére blending and a manly scent. It smells expensive and classy! Go for it!

I'm just a dreamer ......
Bo - Der Bär
by Seejungfrau
by Baloma
by Baloma
Medusa dankt :-) The Dreamer genießt die Stille
by Seejungfrau
versace - the dreamer: der end90er jahre eros enführt heute träumerisch zurück in die zeit der absoluten jugend - samt all ihrer leidenschaften und verführungen :)
by Felsn
by Andreas09
by Andreas09
by Thizhy
by Thizhy
For Fresh21 Masculine challenge (new and improved)
by AFreimann
by Thecombad
by Mosi9
by Mosi9

Popular Versace

Versace pour Homme Dylan Blue (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Versace pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Versace L'Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Gianni Versace (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Versus Uomo (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Versense by Versace Versace pour Homme Oud Noir by Versace Eros (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Versace Man Eau Fraîche (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Blonde (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Eros Flame by Versace Versace pour Femme Oud Oriental by Versace Versace Man (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Eros (Eau de Parfum) by Versace Crystal Noir (Eau de Parfum) by Versace Crystal Noir (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Blue Jeans by Versace Versace Woman by Versace V'E Versace (Eau de Parfum) by Versace Versace pour Femme Dylan Blue by Versace