The Dreamer 1996 Eau de Toilette

The Dreamer (Eau de Toilette) by Versace
The Dreamer (Eau de Toilette) is a popular perfume by Versace for men and was released in 1996. The scent is floral-sweet. It is being marketed by EuroItalia.
Scent goes well with Neroli

Top Notes Top NotesJuniperJuniper ArtemisiaArtemisia TarragonTarragon
Heart Notes Heart NotesIrisIris LilyLily FlaxFlax
Base Notes Base NotesAmberAmber Tobacco flowerTobacco flower

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 19.05.2022.

Fluffy, fluffy - or not?
I figured if I'm already writing my first review, I don't want to make it too easy on myself. So to the "Dreamer", my first and so far only blind purchase. This scent seems to be a bit elusive descriptively, and also its perception heavily dependent on the particular "sniffer". That can be easily seen in the posts here, as I think the range of opinions on this fragrance is above average.

And indeed, even with one and the same sniffer and one and the same bottle, the impression is not always the same. At my very first test of the "Dreamer" (on the forearm) I thought still "Hm, is now actually only lavender". At the second (fragrance clouds in front of the face): "Ew, ashtray!". Now just, after the third attempt, I smell marzipan :D

I don't know where that came from. I hope they weren't all strokes. Well, an amalgam of all test series is anyway the following assessment: I do not smell the herbs indicated in the fragrance notes list. I can smell the tobacco, but it fades very quickly - which is a good thing in this case, because it's really quite pungent in "Dreamer". Maybe that's what some perceive as a synthetic note here. Otherwise, I would not accuse the fragrance of being synthetic. Recognizable synthetic smells different. The fragrance seems quite composed of higher-quality ingredients, not simply cheaply poured together.

Clearly dominant in the "Dreamer" is a very soft, soapy aura - whereby "soapy" here is not meant negatively, but as the pleasant scent of freshly softened laundry. For me, "The Dreamer" is the first and so far only scent that really gives me a tactile feeling of softness and fluffiness - with a slight sweetness of marzipan (wherever that comes from)! "The Dreamer" is a cuddly scent - but rather for one person; it's too innocent for more ;)

The question driving me on this one, though: Do I want to smell like this? Or rather my laundry? :D Honestly - the latter. But in this field, "The Dreamer" is again quite outstanding. It's fantastic for and in my clothes. It may sound bad, but it is. By the way, I probably won't repurchase the fragrance, although it's actually not bad. For me, he is too quiet, too soft.

What else? Ah yes, I sniff every evening with pleasure briefly at the atomizer. Because that warms so nice. So, now makes something out of it ;)
Dude, you're good!
Scents one makes today so no more!
Read and hear more and more...

With this nonsense it drives me through the marrow and leg,
and ask myself the question, isn't he fine?

In the beginning, yes, there it is,
Juniper, Artemisia and the Tarragon.

In the heart, the iris, lily and the flax,

make the fragrance a fine max.

And with time, amber and tobacco creep in,
make the fragrance really fine.

Now I'm sitting here in my new-fangled garb,
And think I write about an old fragrance.

But wait, who am I to say the fragrance is old?
I stop for a moment, and think I'm going crazy.
I find the fragrance is noble, stylish and extravagant,

Maybe the perfumers of today have not yet recognized it.

The fragrance invites us to dream,
With floral nuances, clean and pure.

Yes, flowers in abundance and motley,
Amber and tobacco make it noble, balanced and round.

It does evoke dreams and memories in me,

Should I re-set my goals in life??

---------------‐----------------

The last fragrance, created and co-developed by Gianni Versace is a masterpiece for me personally.

Many things are combined in this fragrance.

A touch of barberstyle, oldscoolstyle.
Yet elegant and classy.
Awakens longings and dreams.
Independent in its own way.
Great-Owned with recognition value.

That's what intrigues me so much, he doesn't smell like 100 others, he just smells like "The Dreamer".

Such a fragrance, at such a price must first be able to make one.

One of the few "Real" classics.

Soft shell, hard core

"The Dreamer" is a fragrance that has really flashed me. Although I am a lover of woody / smoky fragrances, but "The Dreamer" is in my opinion just extremely special. It smells very sweet in the opening and develops into a very masculine scent after a few minutes. The tobacco notes are very clearly recognizable. I also detect patchouli, although it doesn't seem to be included. The scent fits perfectly with a guy from Miami, who whizzes in a Lambo over the hot streets. But also works on the bike as an office worker. I even wear it to the gym sometimes and have been asked about it several times. For me a fragrance for eternity!
The Dreamer - For me the ever walker
My first review on Parfumo just has to be for this fragrance. When the fragrance was released in 1996 I was just one year old.

For me, this fragrance is something very special. This extraordinary fragrance composition can, in my opinion, only a few fragrances (certainly not in this price segment) hold the water.

With the first Aufsprühen one perceives a floral note, which is rounded off by a masculine tobacco. Durability and sillage are good.

Why I would call this fragrance as Immergeher? Because you can wear him in my opinion at any time of year and there are few occasions where this fragrance does not fit.

Versace The Dreamer I take when I can not decide on a fragrance and immediately get into a good mood as soon as I perceive the smell after the first spray.
Italian Bathroom
Today, '' The Dreamer '' arrived, and when I tried him directly on my arm, I came directly Italy and Italian bathroom in mind.
The fragrance reminds me at the beginning in the first few seconds of Prada L'Homme, which then disappears but again. Then after a few minutes this mix of Sculpture, Le Male and Versace L'Homme
Dreamy!
The Dreamer! Already the name sounds seductive. But already at the look in the fragrance pyramid came to me slight doubts. Iris sounded good at first, this note is mainly responsible for fragrances like Dior Homme, Prada L'Homme, Valentino Uomo Intense or Givenchy Gentleman. So completely after my taste. That mixed together with juniper and tarragon though? Hmmm... never mind, Blindbuy and ready...

Well, but was unfortunately nothing! One notices the fragrance in any case, that he comes from a good house, so much is already sent in advance. Me shoots in the opening as well as in the further course of the fragrance but constantly spicy cinnamon in the nose, although this is not listed in the fragrance pyramid. I feel the same way about Joop Ice, although cinnamon is obviously not a component there either. Possibly this scent perception in Dreamer also results from the mix of iris and juniper. Whatever the case, this spicy scent somehow doesn't fit with the lovely powdery iris and, for me, unfortunately completely ruins the quite beautiful composition that shines through. This spicy undertone dominates the entire course of the fragrance, which is why I can't understand the relationship to Prada L'Homme that is often mentioned here. Rather, I see here a similarity to the already mentioned Joop Ice.

Basically, however, The Dreamer remains a beautiful fragrance. It must just fit fragrance-technically. The flacon is noble, the fragrance is high quality, the sillage is subtle but good, the durability can also be seen and the price is favorable. Unfortunately, my expectations of the fragrance, however, were not met, although it could actually fit after the many previous fragrance descriptions. This cinnamon-spicy undertone is, however, unfortunately so disturbing, as if there is somehow something does not want to fit together. For me, once again, proof not to rely on other scent descriptions, but to test for yourself...
Not really my thing...
On paper as on my skin, I can not really make friends with this fragrance, unfortunately.

As for Versace otherwise, I'm a big fan, however, this fragrance just has a subnote that turns my stomach slightly, the more you get it in the nose.

Very sad, I think, because at first smell you do become very attentive and interested in it; you want to smell again right away - but then, in the details, it turns (for me) and becomes unpleasant rather than remarkably inviting.

Makes you almost envious of everyone else who can love it so much :) I would have liked to have been one of them.
Autumn maturity
Disclaimer: I am an older gentleman of advanced retirement age who has applied fragrances for personal pleasure all his life. I have neither an analytical nose and professional background knowledge, nor the urge to remain as objective as possible in evaluations, as far as this seems at all possible with fragrances.

When the first days of August have passed, then you sit sometimes at the evening garden table, enjoy a glass of Portuguese red wine, and you remember.
Läßt the summer review, takes stock of whether one would have used his short earth time in the past weeks well behaved and sensible, and do not even notice how the view is drawn gently into a dark corner of the garden, which but not at all gloomy, but rather auspicious.
There at the very end, still behind the vegetable beds and herbs grow on an old fence - probably for over a hundred years - the tastiest blackberries on earth.
And then you get up, walk there thoughtfully, smell them, and look forward to the small harvest of the weeks now to come.

In my eyes, few scents capture the garden theme as beautifully as Versace's The Dreamer.
Its fruity sweetness is of such delicate loveliness that it blends almost creatively wildly with the herbal aromas. I deliberately do not want to track down individual fragrance notes in this eau de toilette, but let the whole garden work on me.

Not one of those ghastly concrete gardens with DIY pot plants in antique design pots, and also not a durchdesignten swank garden with Koikarpfenteich and wooden bridge - no, I'm talking about a real garden as you find it with grandparents, where hundreds of colours and smells rain down on a small person, with cherry and apple trees, where cucumbers grow, the brown-yellow leaves of the trees cover the lawn, and old wooden slats rot on the bank of a small village stream.

Possibly this image is as cheesy as this fragrance, possibly because the present has become too hectic to allow such gardens with all their back-breaking work to survive at all, possibly because of this we sometimes react cynically to this form of niceness, and possibly because of this very reason I love Versace's The Dreamer all the more.

That this fragrance seduces incidentally with one of the most tasteful bottles on the market and a very attractive price, this should be mentioned, without the beauty of the actual fragrance but even in the slightest want to relativize
ScentyXXdude
Outside Hui inside also hui !!
İI always wanted to have this fragrance , even if he would not smell good , I would put him in my perfume closet because he just looks elegant .
The fragrance reminds me at the beginning of the Sculpture homme ( but not so extremely penetrating ) and in the course of its development comes a perfectly measured amount of the le male DNA , which smells very good with the tobacco flower . Which also takes away from its uniqueness somewhat .
İm large and all he is a masterpiece of Gianni Versace which hopefully will not be forgotten so quickly
Wasauchimmer
White linen shirt in summer
So, I write as a long-winded visitor to this page also times my first comment and not without reason to this fragrance.
I stumbled upon it through a video of the good Jeremy. The fragrance was not only one of my first fragrances ever (I think my third) but also the first BlindBuy (you can say whether you could smell the already in any store. I have him in any case still niergendwo seen).
When the fragrance was then delivered at the beginning of summer he smelled for my untrained nose still quite indefinable. However, it has not taken much longer than a summer afternoon with friends, iced tea and canoes on the next best river and he became THE summer fragrance for me.
"A powdery, floral tobacco scent" probably describes it best. While I see that Dreamer is classified by many here as an all-rounder, I myself prefer it in summer in the warmest temperatures and even then more for casual affairs or freshly showered after an evening jog.
The durability and sillage I would have classified as not too above average, as with most light, fresh summer fragrances, but when I recently showed it to a friend, he said that he has already smelled the on me. And since that could only be on the aforementioned canoe trip, despite sunscreen, sweat, and hours of swimming in river water, it genuinely surprised me.
So if you want a BlindBuy for the summer, top quality from a legendary brand at low money, then you can not miss TheDreamer.

DraxlerDraxler 10 days ago
Maybe it's just me, but I can sense dunes near sea and sunscreen. I absolutely love. I also don't think it's a fragrance for the elderly.
ChicoRoch1ChicoRoch1 6 months ago
Nice but very sweet
JMWeedJMWeed 6 months ago
A good value purchase, but too dated and generic for myself. A slightly sweet cheap floral, not bad, I’m just not into florals.
RobbieXRobbieX 9 months ago
A gorgeous tobacco/floral perfume. Unique
50something50something 9 months ago
Every time I take a break from this fragrance I like it more when I come back to it. It just grows on you. 10/10 scent. Not for everyone.
StamatiosStamatios 11 months ago
Yes,he's a dreamer!With him I can dream of the 90's.He's also cousin with JPG LM but more sophisticated and classy.He's a fine Italian.Ciao!
CaspikaarCaspikaar 1 year ago
Very clean, linear and balanced juice. Very wearable in every season. 1 million, invictus kinda vibe but much more balanced and fresh.
Finerthings8Finerthings8 2 years ago
One of the nicest skin scent.Something is very nice about that tobacco flower.it is polarizing scent,not for everyone.only versace i wear
EdP4hommeEdP4homme 2 years ago
Tony Soprano in a bottle! not a blind buy, it is a floral fresh-cigar old-school alpha-male fragrance, EdT as used to be (long lasting)
DsktpDsktp 2 years ago
Perfect name. Reminds me of my aspirations (?!)
A sharp start settles to a powdery white floral & tobacco flower scent smoothened w/ amber.

I'm just a dreamer ......
Bo - Der Bär
by Seejungfrau
by Baloma
by Baloma
Medusa dankt :-) The Dreamer genießt die Stille
by Seejungfrau
versace - the dreamer: der end90er jahre eros enführt heute träumerisch zurück in die zeit der absoluten jugend - samt all ihrer leidenschaften und verführungen :)
by Felsn
by Parfummaster
by Andreas09
by Andreas09
by Bubleblade
For Fresh21 Masculine challenge (new and improved)
by AFreimann
by Thecombad
by Mosi9
by Mosi9

Popular by Versace

Versace pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Versace pour Homme Oud Noir by Versace Crystal Noir (Eau de Parfum) by Versace Eros Parfum by Versace Versace pour Homme Dylan Blue (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Gianni Versace (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Versense by Versace Versace L'Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Eros (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Eros (Eau de Parfum) by Versace Versus Uomo (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Versace Man Eau Fraîche (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Eros Flame by Versace Blonde (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Versace Man (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Versace pour Femme Oud Oriental by Versace Crystal Noir (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Blue Jeans by Versace Versace pour Femme Dylan Blue by Versace V'E Versace (Eau de Parfum) by Versace