Vanitas 2010Eau de Parfum

Vanitas (Eau de Parfum) by Versace
Vanitas (Eau de Parfum) is a perfume by Versace for women and was released in 2010. The scent is floral-fresh. It is being marketed by EuroItalia.

Top Notes Top NotesLime
Heart Notes Heart NotesFreesia, Tiaré
Base Notes Base NotesTonka bean, Cedar

Submitted by Blanche, last update on 11.11.2020.

Soapy floral oblivion
I am going to have to second Gold and Missk's impressions of this fragrance as floral, soapy/detergent-like, and instantly forgettable. The juice is, like the aforementioned "Guilty", a total waste of a great name and bottle. Apparently there is a market for this kind of perfume — I gave my sample to a friend, and am happy she liked it. Here's hoping this trend of soapy nondescript florals in mainstream fragrance takes a turn for, well, anything more interesting, and soon.

In vain
Versace's "Vanitas" is generic, lacks character. Just another floral in a row of nondescript other boring florals, "Gucci Guilty", for example, seems to be closely related.
"Vanitas" is neither unpleasant nor disturbing, neither edgy nor sexy, it's a floral something composed of white blossoms and many aromachemicals I don't know and probably will never know, because I'm not a chemist.
When does this trend come to an end? New fragrances are launched, they come in gorgeous bottles, the advertising campaigns promise everything - from instant sex to everlasting love - but what we actually smell is a bunch of artificial flowers. Why can't these perfumes be more daring? Anyway, I refuse to wear these nondescript mainstream-scents.

Predictable and harsh
Vanitas is an odd one for me. I love the notes, however I hate the way it has been composed. The overall blend, to my nose, smells sharp and somewhat cheap. I'm disappointed as I usually have a lot of respect for Versace and their perfumes.

Modern perfumery tends to be following a certain trend, and that is; imitation. I find very little difference between Vanitas, Gucci Guilty and Lady Million, for example. Had you blind-folded me and asked me to guess what this perfume was, just from smelling a scented strip of paper, I probably would have spent half a year trying to narrow it down.

Vanitas starts off with sweet tiare flower and zesty, green lime, which showed a lot of promise. However, sharp, soapy interludes of freesia and a tart-like champagne accord, kind of ruined the moment. I may have considered a purchase had this fragrance been cheap, but let's be honest, would you really pay nearly a hundred dollars to own a full bottle of this?

I would expect my laundry powder to deliver this kind of scent, as I want my clothes to be strongly scented after washing. I don't wish for my skin to be quite so perfumed. A little really does go a long way.

The drydown aims to be slightly vanillic and woodsy, however I just find the blend even sharper and more unpleasant than before. Had Versace toned down this fragrance's heavy-going sillage, I may have found it much more tolerable.

I refrain from calling Vanitas a white floral. To my nose, it's a clean floral with fruity undertones. More like the scent of upmarket, hotel toiletries. I'm not entirely put off by this fragrance, but I must admit it wasn't what I was searching for, or even hoping to find.

I Walk In Beauty,
Feeling the Sun's Gentile rays in the still of the Morning
Vanitas has a quiet Elegance That avoids the Flash of Urbanistic Couture, Instead
relies on the ''Less is More'' simplicity.

The Silage of Vanitas Since I have a Small sample wand so it might have an Different
Effect Then using a spray Bottle, To my Skin it starts out light Then in a minute or
two The scent starts to Gradually builds up more Volume within every Minute,
The Soap Element Seems to be the Dominate in Vanitas but lets the other Notes have
a chance to be noticed,The sweetness of Tiare Caresses your skin with velvety pure
White Petals Lime adds a bit of Tart, The finishing transforms Vanitas from a Scent
of Fluid transparent to a Dry Woodish Scent, Tonka note starts to appear after
20 Minutes of Applying Vanitas Giving off a Sweetish resin scent And Cederwood ending
Vanitas with Dryness.

Jazzy76Jazzy76 3 years ago
A minimal acchord, a quite well balanced scent , but nothing special. We are very far from the 80es and 90es Versace's masterpieces!

by PennyT
by PennyT
by AmyAmy
by AmyAmy
by Liebmausdana
by Liebmausdana

Popular Versace

Versace pour Homme Dylan Blue (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Versace pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Versace L'Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Versace pour Homme Oud Noir by Versace The Dreamer (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Versus Uomo (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Gianni Versace (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Versense by Versace Eros (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Versace Man Eau Fraîche (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Blonde (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Versace Man (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Eros Flame by Versace Versace pour Femme Oud Oriental by Versace Crystal Noir (Eau de Parfum) by Versace Crystal Noir (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Eros (Eau de Parfum) by Versace Blue Jeans by Versace Versace Woman by Versace V'E Versace (Eau de Parfum) by Versace