Versace Man Eau Fraîche 2006Eau de Toilette

Versace Man Eau Fraîche (Eau de Toilette) by Versace
Bottle Design Donatella Versace, Tino Valentinitsch
Versace Man Eau Fraîche (Eau de Toilette) is a popular perfume by Versace for men and was released in 2006. The scent is fresh-citrusy. It is being marketed by EuroItalia.

Olivier Cresp

Top Notes Top NotesRosewood, Starfruit, Lemon
Heart Notes Heart NotesTarragon, Cedar leaf, Clary sage
Base Notes Base NotesAmbergris, Musk, Plane tree wood

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 26.11.2020.

MrHonestMrHonest 2 years ago

„Rind me up.”

It's been over 12 years since its release and I still don't know how people don't get the association with the original Versace Man. True, that fragrance is a very...
FlavoriteFlavorite 5 years ago

„I Need Oxygen! I screamed...The fragrance Nearly Killed Me Last Night”

Last night my father wore this for his birthday party which involved a long drive into the city and back sitting...
Simply pure summer!
For me, the fragrance is simply the epitome of summer. Now in the cold season I smell it and am looking forward to wearing it again. Especially in the heat on the beach, while eating ice cream etc. the scent absolutely blossoms. The aquatic note and especially the star fruit are perfect for summer. The durability and sillage are really good for a citric scent, so I can't understand the rather mediocre ratings. Only the cap of the bottle is made of plastic with a miserable quality.

I didn't get so many reactions from women, but still a great scent!
summervibes
Not the best idea due to the current change in the weather, I ordered this fragrance blindly despite everything. The look of the packaging alone awakens a longing for the sea. After the first spray, the horny feeling of cocktails and beach literally shoots into your head. The fruity sweetness is very authentic and doesn't seem overloaded. The lemon dominates strongly in the beginning, but the whole thing flattens out quite quickly and reveals a cool mixture of sage and the sweet and sour star fruit. I haven't eaten any for years, let alone smelled it, but it does seem familiar somehow. A slightly melon note is perhaps just my imagination but should be mentioned at this point. I don't recognize further nuances over time, but you don't expect that. The perfume does what it promises. One feels like travelling, wearing sunglasses and a shirt, looking for a suitable restaurant at the promenade. The fragrance creates memories that hopefully soon become reality again

Mellow heat beater
This one has a softer, mellow citrus feel that works nicely for a long time without overkilling in sillage. It is definitely THERE; it’s just not “attacking” everyone around you.

I grabbed it because it’s been SWELTERING heat lately (90-100+ degrees), and I wanted a work scent that can handle the heat. Mission accomplished. I love a lot of the Versace scents; I have both Eros variations, the Pour Homme, Dylan Blue, and even old school Blue Jeans. Versace scents all tend to have a good longevity factor built into them (except Pour Homme, unfortunately), and this one doesn’t let you down there. While he doesn’t project quite as loudly as his brothers, he still resonates well enough to leave you wearing with confidence. I’d say up to 8 hours in sweltering heat, with a projection radius that fades from about a 4ft intro, down to a 2ft dry down.

It does feel “familiar”, but I don’t think it feels like D&G Light Blue, as many compare them. Being it was released nearly 15 years ago, you can’t expect much in originality, and you HAVE smelled it SOMEWHERE before. That doesn’t mean it’s not a great scent, and I chose to pick it up, and use it in my rotation for the remainder of the hot summer wave into early fall, until it starts cooling down.

Pompous fruitiness
He wasn't exactly topping my wish list, the Versace Man Eau Fraiche. But with so many, sometimes almost euphoric reviews here and on YT I wanted to be surprised and ordered blind.
From the colour of the bottle and the advertisement I conclude that it is an aquatic, very fresh, light fragrance. A summer breeze, water, spray, slightly salty. A cool refreshment after a too hot sun.

Nix da!

Immediately after spraying it on, I find the fragrance most pleasant, a little fresh, slightly citric and floral. But what emerges after about a minute and remains the same for the next hours is a dull-smelling broth of artificial fruit aromas, probably starfruit (I never had the pleasure of smelling a real one). Sweet, a bit bitter, a bit sour, and not really fresh, rather on the threshold of overripe fruit that has been lying in the hot sun for too long. There is no trace of aquatic. Sea spray also smells different. At least there is a hint of spice and later on something darker can be perceived. After about four hours it gets fresher and more conciliatory
So the light blue, transparent flacon led me on a wrong track. In terms of colour, I would have found a matt, darker yellow, not strong, more in the direction of beige. But I might have to rethink my colour associations, because apparently other "blue" flacons also tend to be artificial-fruity, like the Myrurgia Yacht Man Blue, which has nothing to do with aquatic, too And "summery" is probably less associated by many with cool mountain lakes or a stiff sea breeze than with holidays on the Mediterranean and on busy roads emptied and sun-dried, sticky lemonade.

For a summer scent, durability is quite good and Sillage is quite ok (means: noticeable in the personal zone).

My puff test reveals something striking: otherwise I almost always sniff a concentrated dose of the base, the core of a fragrance. With this Versace, I get almost nothing, as if it only consists of head and heart notes, without a perceptible base.

The other Versaces appeal to me more, like the pleasing (unfortunately weak) Oud Noir, the minty tasty Eros, the cherry-tobacco Dreamer and one of my favourite scents: L'homme.

What can he compare to? It is similar to one from my collection: Salvador Dali Silver Sun, although it lacks the citrus note. But this strong, matte fruitiness is characteristic of both I only own one of the fragrance twins listed here: Banderas' Blue Seduction for Men. And yes, there is no denying the similarity. But it's not my favorite Banderas either
So does this mean I won't be wearing Versace Man Eau Fraiche anymore? No. I'll wear it once in a while when it hits 30 degrees, dry heat, Sahara dust. Then I can certainly imagine that turgid fruitiness.
Besides, he is highly appreciated by almost everyone. So I'm going to really get into it, look for crowds of people and hope that I finally get one of those "unasked for compliments" that so many men seem to receive all the time ;)
The second hit
Versace. After I bought Oud Noir, I was very excited. Not a mainstream product, but a really well-made fragrance that is still affordable.
All the more interesting whether Versace would have another positive surprise in store for me.
Versace Man Eau Fraiche. First of all I think about my beloved Hermes Eau Tres Fraiche, one of the few flankers that I find extremely well done. So how does the Fraiche of Versace?

The start is somewhere between super-fresh, super-citric, almost a touch too lively. If you give the whole structure a few minutes to unfold, the picture becomes a bit clearer. Lemon remains dominant, next to another ingredient, which is probably the star fruit quoted in the pyramid. From the beginning I hear a certain kind of I say coolness, without knowing where exactly it comes from or what ingredients it is due to. This coolness, and please forgive me for not being able to describe it better, runs through the whole process. It gives the fragrance something special. Something masculine. A cold, unapproachable, dominating, macho-like, but at the same time attractive something. Simply exactly this something, this special something, which is why you can afford to buy an edition.

I find Versace Eau Fraiche very linear, I can't see any great changes in the course of the game. There is also no necessity, apart from that. Maybe the whole package will be a little bit more woody, this is also quite successful. As with the Oud Noir, I am also surprised by the durability. For an actually rather light summer scent 7-8 hours are worth all honours. The Sillage can be controlled according to your preference, if you like it a bit more conspicuous and present, just press the sprayer 1-2 times more often and you're done.

Test recommendation for everyone who is looking for a summer companion. But which is neither purely citric nor aquatic nor fresh, but comes up with a mixture that makes it super independent. The "coolness" I mentioned may not appeal to everyone, I find the final result extremely successful.
Juliusfr
The pure freshness of the Mediterranean summer!
This is my first fragrance commentary and I dedicate it to my all-star darling who brought me into the world of fragrances 5 years ago. First of all, I am far away from the title ''Fragrance Expert'' and do not claim to be complete when it comes to the description of the fragrances. :)
Fresh scents have always fascinated me and that's why I bought my first expensive fragrance after a long period of testing and trying. For me at the age of 15 the price of 80€ was quite steep.
For me there is still no better combination of balanced aquatic, citric freshness with a slightly tart, woody herbaceous undertone that becomes a bit dirty and angular in the drydown. And that's what makes it so special to me, because I don't like completely round fragrances.

First of all, it is definitely a fragrance that you can only really enjoy and understand at temperatures of at least 20-25 degrees. In winter you will smell almost nothing
The Eau Fraiche starts off with full citrus power and the star fruit in the accompaniment of light, woody notes. That's the smell of the sun deck of a luxury cruise ship on the Mediterranean coast for me!
After a few minutes, a petrol-like, slightly scratchy-bitter and somewhat synthetic note joins in, but this is by no means disturbing. Lemon peel?!
In the heart note, after 15-20 minutes, the woody notes begin to intensify, the lemon and star fruit remain constantly well perceptible. The fragrance slowly becomes more and more masculine and gets a tart undertone.
This continues until the drydown. There it is mainly citric-wooden-aquatic and through the musk now also a touch of dirtiness is added. And the freshness remains and remains ...!
After 6 hours it becomes very close to my skin, before that I have a great silage, I can perceive it all the time and this scent brings me compliments almost every time I wear it. Especially from women of the same age, which is a noticeable advantage. But also men of the same age often ask me which fragrance I am wearing.
After 10 hours he disappears completely from the stage, in my opinion a top performance for such a fresh scent. Of course this can be different for everyone.

He is still my top choice in summer and at festivals, which we will miss this summer, unfortunately, to a large extent. An insanely great youthful, not quite adult men's fragrance
I hope I was able to describe my favourite scent in my first fragrance commentary in a pictorial and easily readable way. :) I am always open for feedback!

Warmest regards

Too bright, too citrusy
This was my first love when it comes to summer fragrances, love at first sniff.
Now that I have build a decent amount of collections, this is just sitting on my shelf only for situations like going to groceries or buying a drink at 7eleven. The scent is just basically bright fresh citrus with musk at the based. Good for younger guys, not something I will recommend for someone who is looking for a unique scent.
Tommyxxl
The male star fruit in summer.
A great citrus and fresh fragrance that starts with a subtle lemon and is then refined by fresh sage. The whole thing is then rounded off with ambergris and musk.
The fragrance also brings a little green freshness, which is very pleasant.

Conclusion:
A great summer scent that fits very well into everyday life, but is especially suitable for leisure time or sports.
The Sillage could be a little bit more, but the durability for a fresh summer scent is very well done.
I also think that you get a lot of quality for little money.
Dkay31
Design is not everything.
Howdy together :)

I received a sample to buy my COOL WATER INTENSE, and I tested it yesterday as well.

But stupidly I read only now that this is a pure summer scent ^^

But let's get started:

In the beginning he smells really fresh and clean, and made a good impression, but after a while he develops unfortunately into the negative, he becomes musty and in the finish there is something in it that bites my nose, he just doesn't make any fun there the ARMANI ABSOLU INSTINCT smells much better and more pleasant and also goes in the same direction.

I always find it interesting how a buyer can often blind himself, ok it was just a sample, but if you had bought it blind because of the name you would have been really disappointed, I will certainly not include this fragrance in my collection, and is therefore the first VERSACE fragrance I do not like at all in summer I would also prefer to wear other fragrances
But one thing you have to wear the fragrance too well, it is not sweet, which means that you could really wear it in summer (if you like it) because after all it doesn't attract bees or wasps
The bottle itself is really something, but as described above, design is not everything :)

Thanks for reading :)

Carlitos01
Caribbean tropical citrusy sweet freshness
[short review]
I am not an expert on fresh fragrances. Most of the time I just like it or I just don't.
Versace's Eau Fraiche is one that I like, and even better, I can explain why.
The slightly sweet opening and with a sharp lemon, allows to distinguish a fruity note of carambola, and a light touch of wood. The fragrance develops with some herbaceous and aniseed nuances and, finally, reveals a woody and ambery background with an almost marine ambergris.
It is not an aquatic fragrance (I like that), and the fruity touch of carambola pear/apple scent gives it a particular and almost tropical vibe. The light but constant presence of wood with the fresh softness of the ambergris creates a connection with the original Versace Man, a perfume of which I am particularly fond.
The fragrance is undoubtedly masculine and usually causes positive reactions above average especially by the female sector, but a few points below his brother Versace Eros. Longevity is appreciable for a fresh aroma, but sillage and projection can only be considered normal for a citrus scent.
As for its design and presentation ... well, sometimes not everything can be done well. This bottle with its shape and color, just suggests to me a new food container model about about to be launched by Tupperware. The traditional Versace "Class & Taste" forgot to visit the flacon designer during the creative process... unexpected output from a marketing division.
For those who like perfumes like Light Blue, Starwalker and Chrome, this is a slightly different option that should be tried. I prefer the Versace offer without a doubt.

Music: Los Cantantes - "El venao"

Rolk70Rolk70 4 months ago
My son's bought me this summer modern classic for my birthday. Glad I have it in my collection.
Carlitos01Carlitos01 1 year ago
Very citrusy & fruity in the top. The drydown is sweet & ambery, closing the gap to Versace Man. One of the best Summer freshies for me.
PioPio 2 years ago
Delicate scent, sweet and light. Lovely for summer.
Mike1337Mike1337 2 years ago

by Juicemane
by Bnd007
by Bnd007

Popular Versace

Versace pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Versace pour Homme Dylan Blue (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Versace L'Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Versace The Dreamer (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Versace pour Homme Oud Noir by Versace Versus Uomo (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Gianni Versace (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Versense by Versace Eros (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Blonde (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Eros Flame by Versace Versace Man (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Crystal Noir (Eau de Parfum) by Versace Versace pour Femme Oud Oriental by Versace Crystal Noir (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Eros (Eau de Parfum) by Versace Blue Jeans by Versace Versace Woman by Versace V'E Versace (Eau de Parfum) by Versace Versace pour Femme Dylan Blue by Versace