Versace Man Eau Fraîche 2006 Eau de Toilette

Versace Man Eau Fraîche (Eau de Toilette) by Versace
Bottle Design Donatella Versace, Tino Valentinitsch
Versace Man Eau Fraîche (Eau de Toilette) is a popular perfume by Versace for men and was released in 2006. The scent is fresh-citrusy. It is being marketed by EuroItalia.

Olivier Cresp

Cedar leafCedar leaf
Clary sageClary sage
Base Notes Base NotesAmbergrisAmbergris
MuskMusk
Plane tree woodPlane tree wood

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 13.10.2021.

MrHonestMrHonest 3 years ago

„Rind me up.”

It's been over 12 years since its release and I still don't know how people don't get the association with the original Versace Man. True, that fragrance is a very...
FlavoriteFlavorite 6 years ago

„I Need Oxygen! I screamed...The fragrance Nearly Killed Me Last Night”

Last night my father wore this for his birthday party which involved a long drive into the city and back sitting...
Dennis79
A fragrance - like a day at the pool!
I recently bought the fragrance as a complement to Artisan Pure. The latter I use rather in midsummer and was looking for a summer fragrance, which always goes :-)

Fragrance:
How do you feel when you wear *Versace Eau Fraiche*?
- Like fresh at the outdoor pool when the sun is shining with a hint of citrus in the air.

When do I wear *Versace Eau Fraiche* most like?

- In summer from 25 degrees directly after showering sprayed directly on the skin. The *coolest* it works when the perfume comes out of the refrigerator.

How to compare *Eau Fraiche* with other summer fragrances?
John Varvatos - Artisan Pure: also super fresh, but much more citrusy - for me from 30 degrees and white clothes
Abercrombie & Fitch - First Instinct: this one smells very deliciously like melon and somehow more teenage vibe than eau fraiche. Maybe because of the sweetness of the melon?
Montblanc - Legend Spirit: Very fruity after grapefruit - very similar to First Instinct, but more aquatic-sporty. Not quite as fresh as Eau Fraiche.
Armaf - Club de Nuit Intense Eau de parfum: Smells to me like a whole fruit basket mixed with green tea. To wear all year round, but not a pure summer scent.
Armaf - Tres Nuit: Smells green-fresh...unfortunately for my nose a bit like musty earth. Not so my case.

SILLAGE / DURABILITY:
- The Sillage is I think ok, but also not Beast-Mode.
- The durability is good on my skin/clothes 4-6 hours.

FLAKON:
- Meets the usecase 100% - mirrored water in the swimming pool

PRICE / PERFORMANCE:
- I bought the 100ml variant for just under € 40. Price / performance is mega at Versace.

CONCLUSION:
For me, the best summer all-rounder from 25 degrees - best to apply *ice cold* directly after the shower!
The lighter
Since I could not decide while sniffing in the rooms of the fragrance dealer simply between Versace pour Homme Eau de Toilette and Versace Man Eau Fraîche Eau de Toilette, I actually just packed both. For me, they were very similar and I just liked both waters. After I have the siblings now but ne while in use, I seem to come so slowly dahinter, when where and how I want to wear which of the fragrances.

The Versace Man Eau Fraîche Eau de Toilette is here the somewhat crispier and even fresher fragrance, the top note is more acidic, tangy and refreshing. This remains with me also linear so the complete lifetime, here no longer changes much and the specified base notes are at least with me hardly perceptible. It is and remains citrusy with full force, but not long for that. H/S are very manageable and also actually snap away suddenly. As soon as the fresh notes disappear from the head and heart, is promptly also nothing else there.

Nevertheless, and perhaps exactly why I love this fragrance in the morning in the home office. He inspires me at work, wakes me up and lets the first work of the day go easily from the hand. That he is then no longer there after noon, leaves the option open for another fragrance on this day (eg the brother) and so I just come a little more in the rotation ;-)

All in all, so what it says: a fresh little water, which brings a tangy feeling on a hot day and leaves room for the more complex fragrances in the afternoon and evening.

Smellavision
Fresh, fruity and only slightly synthetic...
Pleasant and inoffensive. The middle part is constructed around herbs (sage or tarragon?) and a mild cedar while the base is built around musk and light woods.
You should note that there's no comparison to the saffron bomb of the original Versace Man, this one comes off as a clean citrus fragrance with a hint of apples in the opening. I feel a certain sweetness lurking in the back, almost like some vanilla notes peeping out at times. If you're into Nautica Voyage, this may be right up your alley as well. There's also a hint of the "dryer sheet" background like in e.g. Montblanc Individuel.

Definitely a summer scent, and I'd say mostly aimed at young carefree gents maybe due to the sweeter background. Actually it's a great all-rounder, could be used for formal wear with a shirt and suit, but also casually with a t-shirt and shorts. I used to be very fond of this one in the summertime, but the sweet background has landed it on a "meh" spot for me after using it through two summers - maybe I'm just a little too old?

Overall the smell is very nice and longevity not too bad, I usually catch 4-6 hours of projection from this one.

Mr. Versatility
If you are looking for a hyper-versatile summer perfume to wear every day, Versace Eau Fraiche is definitely a great choice .. I have lots of summer perfumes but Eau Fraiche is the one I used the most last summer.
The structure is not so complex, it is citrusy but not a vibrant and pungent citrus, but more delicate and discreet, almost flattened, a light citrus accompanied by the sweetness of the star fruit, which makes this perfume quite unique, the slight sourness of bergamot and lemon is perfectly associated with the light creaminess of the fruit, a little reminiscent of Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue Woman but less strident, more transparent, a slightly citrusy opening and a little fruit juice. The base is woody and slightly musky, there is a lot of iso and super, alone it would be quite anonymous but opening, a little citrus and a little fruit juice goes very well with the woody notes. A chemical citrus-woody-fruity, subtle, tropical, young, slightly aquatic, fresh, very casual but does not fall into banality. It feels like drinking an exotic fruit soda on the beaches of Miami.
An absolutely daytime scent, I would never wear it to a dinner or evening, great for a walk downtown in the morning, for the gym and for the beach. This is one of the few that I tolerate during sultry days, unfortunately like almost all fragrances of this kind, the duration is really weak, 5-6 hours and does not project much, I recommend going in overspray with this perfume, but given how much it costs , should not be a problem
Excellent entry-level perfume for boys, less suitable for adults, youthful, trendy, not a masterpiece, but if in the morning in the summer you are going to the office in a hurry or you are late and you do not know what to wear, with this do not go wrong

Rating: 7.5

A must have
After Versace pour Homme, this one is my 2nd favourite from the house. Very fresh, crisp, citrus and it has that umph that not many fragrances have. Smells like a sea breeze, but also green and a bit salty. One of the best picks for summer. Very versatile as well. Nice looking bottle but very crap plastic cap.
Innofensive but pretty long lasting !
I get 7-8 hours every time with noticeable projection in the first few hours.
I got it very cheap (it can be very cheap at times) and my batch is from 2017.
I'm really enjoying this one !

Overall : 7.5/10
4.5
Ea Fraiche Versace
Hello first,

The scent is... just not my taste I think. Who ehr sweet, woody and earthy fragrances like, should not access here. The fragrance is I find, for a limp price of 77 euros, very very weak. It does not last long and smells like any mainstream fragrance. Not mine. Only fresh he is aufjedenfall. From my point of view also ehr what for older men
Simply pure summer!
For me, the fragrance is simply the epitome of summer. Now in the cold season I smell it and am looking forward to wearing it again. Especially in the heat on the beach, while eating ice cream etc. the scent absolutely blossoms. The aquatic note and especially the star fruit are perfect for summer. The durability and sillage are really good for a citric scent, so I can't understand the rather mediocre ratings. Only the cap of the bottle is made of plastic with a miserable quality.

I didn't get so many reactions from women, but still a great scent!
summervibes
Not the best idea due to the current change in the weather, I ordered this fragrance blindly despite everything. The look of the packaging alone awakens a longing for the sea. After the first spray, the horny feeling of cocktails and beach literally shoots into your head. The fruity sweetness is very authentic and doesn't seem overloaded. The lemon dominates strongly in the beginning, but the whole thing flattens out quite quickly and reveals a cool mixture of sage and the sweet and sour star fruit. I haven't eaten any for years, let alone smelled it, but it does seem familiar somehow. A slightly melon note is perhaps just my imagination but should be mentioned at this point. I don't recognize further nuances over time, but you don't expect that. The perfume does what it promises. One feels like travelling, wearing sunglasses and a shirt, looking for a suitable restaurant at the promenade. The fragrance creates memories that hopefully soon become reality again

Mellow heat beater
This one has a softer, mellow citrus feel that works nicely for a long time without overkilling in sillage. It is definitely THERE; it’s just not “attacking” everyone around you.

I grabbed it because it’s been SWELTERING heat lately (90-100+ degrees), and I wanted a work scent that can handle the heat. Mission accomplished. I love a lot of the Versace scents; I have both Eros variations, the Pour Homme, Dylan Blue, and even old school Blue Jeans. Versace scents all tend to have a good longevity factor built into them (except Pour Homme, unfortunately), and this one doesn’t let you down there. While he doesn’t project quite as loudly as his brothers, he still resonates well enough to leave you wearing with confidence. I’d say up to 8 hours in sweltering heat, with a projection radius that fades from about a 4ft intro, down to a 2ft dry down.

It does feel “familiar”, but I don’t think it feels like D&G Light Blue, as many compare them. Being it was released nearly 15 years ago, you can’t expect much in originality, and you HAVE smelled it SOMEWHERE before. That doesn’t mean it’s not a great scent, and I chose to pick it up, and use it in my rotation for the remainder of the hot summer wave into early fall, until it starts cooling down.

Pompous fruitiness
He wasn't exactly topping my wish list, the Versace Man Eau Fraiche. But with so many, sometimes almost euphoric reviews here and on YT I wanted to be surprised and ordered blind.
From the colour of the bottle and the advertisement I conclude that it is an aquatic, very fresh, light fragrance. A summer breeze, water, spray, slightly salty. A cool refreshment after a too hot sun.

Nix da!

Immediately after spraying it on, I find the fragrance most pleasant, a little fresh, slightly citric and floral. But what emerges after about a minute and remains the same for the next hours is a dull-smelling broth of artificial fruit aromas, probably starfruit (I never had the pleasure of smelling a real one). Sweet, a bit bitter, a bit sour, and not really fresh, rather on the threshold of overripe fruit that has been lying in the hot sun for too long. There is no trace of aquatic. Sea spray also smells different. At least there is a hint of spice and later on something darker can be perceived. After about four hours it gets fresher and more conciliatory
So the light blue, transparent flacon led me on a wrong track. In terms of colour, I would have found a matt, darker yellow, not strong, more in the direction of beige. But I might have to rethink my colour associations, because apparently other "blue" flacons also tend to be artificial-fruity, like the Myrurgia Yacht Man Blue, which has nothing to do with aquatic, too And "summery" is probably less associated by many with cool mountain lakes or a stiff sea breeze than with holidays on the Mediterranean and on busy roads emptied and sun-dried, sticky lemonade.

For a summer scent, durability is quite good and Sillage is quite ok (means: noticeable in the personal zone).

My puff test reveals something striking: otherwise I almost always sniff a concentrated dose of the base, the core of a fragrance. With this Versace, I get almost nothing, as if it only consists of head and heart notes, without a perceptible base.

The other Versaces appeal to me more, like the pleasing (unfortunately weak) Oud Noir, the minty tasty Eros, the cherry-tobacco Dreamer and one of my favourite scents: L'homme.

What can he compare to? It is similar to one from my collection: Salvador Dali Silver Sun, although it lacks the citrus note. But this strong, matte fruitiness is characteristic of both I only own one of the fragrance twins listed here: Banderas' Blue Seduction for Men. And yes, there is no denying the similarity. But it's not my favorite Banderas either
So does this mean I won't be wearing Versace Man Eau Fraiche anymore? No. I'll wear it once in a while when it hits 30 degrees, dry heat, Sahara dust. Then I can certainly imagine that turgid fruitiness.
Besides, he is highly appreciated by almost everyone. So I'm going to really get into it, look for crowds of people and hope that I finally get one of those "unasked for compliments" that so many men seem to receive all the time ;)

JMWeedJMWeed 18 days ago
Fresh fragrance king, reminds me of sitting out by the pool on a warm day. Great value for the price also. 200ml for $65, will last years.
Stevens95Stevens95 2 months ago
Really clean summer frag‘ unfortunately disappointing in performances
Rolk70Rolk70 1 year ago
My son's bought me this summer modern classic for my birthday. Glad I have it in my collection.
Carlitos01Carlitos01 2 years ago
Very citrusy & fruity in the top. The drydown is sweet & ambery, closing the gap to Versace Man. One of the best Summer freshies for me.
PioPio 3 years ago
Delicate scent, sweet and light. Lovely for summer.
Mike1337Mike1337 3 years ago

by Juicemane
by Bnd007
by Bnd007

Popular Versace

Versace pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Gianni Versace (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Versace pour Homme Dylan Blue (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Crystal Noir (Eau de Parfum) by Versace Versace pour Homme Oud Noir by Versace The Dreamer (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Versense by Versace Versace L'Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Eros (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Versus Uomo (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Eros (Eau de Parfum) by Versace Blonde (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Eros Parfum by Versace Eros Flame by Versace Versace pour Femme Oud Oriental by Versace Versace Man (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Crystal Noir (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Blue Jeans by Versace Versace pour Femme Dylan Blue by Versace V'E Versace (Eau de Parfum) by Versace