Versace pour Homme (2008) Eau de Toilette

Versace pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Versace

Versace pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) is a popular perfume by Versace for men and was released in 2008. The scent is fresh-citrusy. It is being marketed by EuroItalia.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Neroli, Lemon, Bitter orange leaf
Heart Notes Heart NotesGeranium, Hyacinth, Clary sage, Cedarwood
Base Notes Base NotesMineral amber, Musk, Tonka bean, Oud

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 11.06.2019

7.0 6.0 7.0 9.0/10

ScentSlave
Such a bright, shiny freshness;
It shines with such a “lightness”... from the first time I got a whiff, I knew I wanted it. From the intro to the dry down, it just shines with its light “color”.

Longevity doesn’t carry on me very long, but luckily this can be found at a relatively inexpensive price, so I go for the re-application every 4 hours or so.

The women LOVE it, and it’s light enough to wear to work, or as a signature scent. Fantastic in every facet. Definitely work every penny.

So Fresh and Clean Versace Pour Homme
SOTD: Versace Pour Home: As of 01/08/19

What can I say about this fragrance, is fresh and clean scent very different to Dylan Blue, is almost a versatile an all seasons scent to me, but fragantica considered this a spring and summer scent. To my nose scent the bergamot, lemon, tonka bean and neroli really well balanced and blended. I can't wait to wear this during spring and summer season. Is a must have as well.

Rating

Scent: 8/10
Presentation/Design: 8/10
Longevity: 8.5/10: lasted on skin/skin scent around 12+ hrs 3-4 sprays on my skin
Value: 8/10
Overall: 8/10

SOTD (Scent of the Day): Versace Pour Homme EDT: As of 01/27/19

Versace Pour Homme EDT was the SOTD as of 01/27/19, beginning to love the scent more than the Dylan Blue, Versace Pour Homme is not as piercing/sharp as Dylan Blue in the opening, just a fresh, simple mellow scent to my nose from start to finish.

Longevity/Performance: Lasted on my skin/skin scent around between 10-12+ hrs
8.0 7.0 8.0 9.0/10

I'm going south somewhere - maybe to Canada or something. Mehmet Scholl
If one wants to go to the south, then there is actually only this smell which must go with.
Such aquatic freshness is rare. The mediterranean atmosphere is only a supplement for this top aquatist. Many would-be Southerners are all shamelessly exposed when this real talent shows up.
Here one can confidently speak of a home advantage of the Italians.
There are many lines that follow the same theme, but again and again I come across the scents of Versace which all perfectly combine freshness with pleasure.
Neroli, lemon and orange are recognizable in the prelude. Then the cedar wood, which I as a proponent of this direction very much like.
Whether it's the ingenious Blue Dylan, the good Eros or this older pour homme, nobody has anything repulsive or a little too much in their mix. All are well tuned.
Versace lhomme, over twenty years old, and Versus, launched shortly afterwards, were also very good products. The new ones are the same.

This pour homme reminds me remotely of the Versus, probably the sandalwood and the cedar which give me this Deja vu.

For shelf life it is a day companion, depending on the temperature, in hotter conditions it lasts very long, in cooling it stays in the background.

Once again a compliment to EurotIalia who have the nose to create good fragrances at an attractive price.
7.0 6.0 6.0 8.0/10

Carlitos01
The friendly, trustworthy and versatile companion.
I only review scents I like. Consequently my opinions are generally positive or enthusiastic.
With Versace Pour Homme I have a relationship that many men appreciate. It's not a relationship of passion but one made of brotherly love and trust. It has been a friend for quite some time and in whom I can safely rely. We rarely meet, but when that happens I feel the joy of being with someone who never lets me down and that it's there always for me. It is a comfy friend and I value its friendship and loyalty.
Alberto Morillas is to be congratulated again for this fine work. He designed a fragrance with a scent similar to Chanel Allure Home as well as versatile and alluring.
"Pour Homme" is a versatility king. It's not an overly complex perfume so the reason for its success must reside elsewhere. It proposes a citrus opening, a woody middle stage and a semi sweet creamy musky end.
The ingredients must have top quality and the blending is totally harmonious.
The sillage and projection are slightly under average, and the longevity is slightly above average. Actually the performance is in line with what you may expect from this type of notes. Mr. Morillas it's not really obcessed with perfomance in his creations.
This fragrance is fresh enough for summer wearing and woody/sweet/musky enough to ensure success in tempered or even in mild colder days.
I just regret this friend of mine not to have a younger brother called "Pour Homme Intense EDP".

How do I measure my relation with this friend of mine?
Scent Opening: 8.00 (my judgement)
Scent Dry Down: 8.25 (my judgement)
Longevity: 6.5 (2 good sprays may last 4~6 hours)
Sillage: 6.5 (3~4feet at its peak with just 2 sprays)
Uniqueness: 7.5 (It follows the steps of Polge's Allure Homme Sport and has a myriad of look alikes, but it's almost unique in it's quality and blending)
Wearability: 9.5 (Just avoid winter nights and extreamly cold days)
Versatility: 9.5 ("all around" versatile fragrance although some specific fragrances may be better for specific environments like intimacy, dates, night out, clubbing, events, leisure, casual gatherings, office, gymn, beach, outdoor activities in hot days, not so cold days or nights; however "Pour Homme" addresses all the situations)
Compliments: 8.5 (This fragrance it's not a dominant compliment magnet just due to is medium performance, but will please everybody except the four fragrance trolls that rated its scent with a zero)
Quality: 9.5 (Well above average quality, quality ingredients, nice flask, nice sprayer)
Presentation: 7.25 (no faults, but quite common)
Price: 7.5 (100 ml non tester for € 32 + shipping; It costs 1/3 of the price of its "alter ego" from Chanel)

Overall rating: 8.15/10.00
- between 7 and 8 =above average;
- between 8 and 9 = recomended;
- bigger than 9 = don't miss it;
Advice: If you are looking for a very versatile fragrance, thare are not many as versatile as this one. On top of it, it does attract quite a lot of compliments. The downside is its average performance.

Music: "The Sound Of Silence" by Simon & Garfunkel - version by Disturbed.
8.0 5.0 5.0 8.5/10

Parma
Once through the spray mist
I always associate this fragrance with this pleasant, refreshing feeling of freshness when you walk through a spray of water in hot weather. It envelops and refreshes in a surprising, penetrating and carefree way.
That's why it's a perfect summer scent for me. If I apply it at warm or hot temperatures, I immediately feel a very attractive and cool freshness.

Fragrance:
For me there is actually no real course, but from the start a very synthetic-fresh overall impression, which remains unchanged. This is made up of two components: On the one hand, there is a soft floral-fruity note - slightly in the citric direction - and on the other hand, there is a soft spicy note, which later becomes somewhat woody. Together they are underpinned by a cool-mineral - almost aquatic - and perceptibly musk-clean tone.
The components are very well matched to each other, act as synthetic total melange and are used in a restrained manner overall. This makes the fragrance harmonious, light and permeable. It gives the impression of radiant, slightly cool, masculine, but at the same time gentle, clean freshness, which gets a very attractive note from the musk Its fragrance character is very similar to that of Chanel's Allure Homme Sport, although not so aromatic, slightly airier and a little fresher. If you like the Chanel but don't like the increasing aroma and the resulting freshness - and don't mind synthetic scents - the Versace is the better choice for you.

Durability and Sillage:
On my skin the scent stays well perceptible for 5-6 hours, whereby the radiation in the first half hour is quite clear and then quickly retreats just above skin level.
Repeated after-spraying for unclouded fragrance enjoyment is therefore necessary, but also completely harmless, as overdosing is not possible due to the permeable character.

Availability:
For me it is universally applicable with warm and hot temperatures, since the smell leaves a maintained and very fresh impression At cooler temperatures, it can no longer play off its enveloping fresh effect and is somewhat too synthetic.
Furthermore, due to its very bright, radiant, rather youthful character, it might fit a bit better to a casual dress style, but it's also not inappropriate for a suit.

Result:
With Pour Homme, Alberto Morillas, one of the most famous perfumers of fresh fragrances in particular, has created what I consider to be a perfect, fresh and "young" fragrance for Versace. It may be too smooth for some, too synthetic and too mainstream for others. But if you "only" want to smell fresh and pleasant without annoying others, then there is hardly a better choice for me
8.0 6.0 7.0 8.5/10

The cyclist among fragrances
Undoubtedly a fine citric scent with an aquatic undertone and a slight herbal note. That's what I smell. But musk, oud and tonka bean? No way! You can spray it on warm summer days and beyond without hesitation, but Versace pour Homme lacks something special in my eyes. Bad tongues could say: "I rub lime on myself and it's good!" ;-) Now I personally like citric scents very much and therefore there is no reproach in this direction.

Nevertheless, I find it astonishing that the name "classic men's perfume" of a brand like Versace is so citric. Now it's only 10 years old, this perfume construct. But somewhere else it would probably be called "Pour Homme Sport Eau Fraiche" ;-) In general, I somehow lack the olfactory base with a few woody and spicy notes and an individual touch.

If some other scents were beers, this one would be a cyclist with an extra dash of lemon. If one takes gladly on hot summer days with the contemplation in the beer garden. But with the sun setting I would prefer a Belgian Leffe or Irish Guiness! ;-)
10.0 8.0 7.0 9.5/10

Invisible (great) smell
Very good&versatile. Gets better over time. Opening: Unisex. End: Masculine.
Lasts longer then you think. You will think it is gonne and suddenly other people are complementing your smell.
9.0 6.0 7.0 9.0/10

Dumb reach
A fresh, easy to wear, easy to like kind of juice. That don’t make it boring though! It is well made and appreciated.
Dumb reach that’ll work for 95% of the time. The other 5% of the time... well... just pull yourself together, make an effort and choose something more daring!
Or just stay at home and kick some Netflix with a comforting cloud of YsL La Nuit De L’homme around your neck.
9.0 7.0 7.0 8.0/10

JosephAzzato
not bad for a soapy scent!
I hate soapy scents in colognes but this one is actually not bad
but I can't say I still like it but can't say I don't like it you that middle ground ;) I guess I do like it after the first 30-1hour

it almost threatens to be sweet but not being(it is a little on my skin after a bit but not on tester strips), non offensive clean fragrance
performance is decent as well

I wish I knew this was a fresh "SOAPY" scent before buying the big bottle :'(
but that is what happens with blind buying from reviews instead of getting testers, (some colognes a tester is not there so blind buy is only option) however I had plenty of options for testers available so again go's to tell you
(TEST FIRST!) soapy scents just are not my thing

however if you like soapy scents this is a really good one that has been done very nicely
I would still ware it if that tells you much, it's like mont blanc individuel without the raspberry fruity sweetness added to it so take those notes away and you got this one

Joseph Have a great day and God Bless
7.0 6.0 7.0 7.5/10

Very confusing about it!
Good scent but overhyped, maybe the new batches lack performance or something i just get 3-5 hours maximum and i've to apply it again, the opening is not that good but the dry down is really nice.

~ Top Shelf Versace ~
~ This is definitely Versace's entry into the Top Shelf scents! And unlike it's ongoing comparisons to the young sporty romeo AHS this is the bright articulate professor who needs to prove nothing! Also, again different than the remotely similar clubbing cousin AdG still lost in the 80's cologne - Versace Man is just that a confident, mature, brilliant gentleman comfortable in his own skin. To my nose this sets itself apart and above over the other two with it's masterfully Morillas blended notes of tart crisp Lemon, fresh neroli, cedar, dusty rose, warm soft tonka and faint musk. The Greek "Medusa" inspired bottle with it's sea side blue juice is an added bonus. A tasteful bottle addition to any Man's collection.
Kind Regards, Plat ~

Versace pour Homme
This fragrance really surprised me! I was expecting something sharp, overt and overpowering. I'm happy to say that it's none of those things. The scent is extremely pleasant, soothing and relaxing. Perfect for a lazy Sunday afternoon! I really like the floral and herbal notes in this. They give it such a "fresh" vibe. This smells completely unisex to my nose and I have no doubt that a woman would have absolutely no trouble in pulling it off. Light, inoffensive and perfect for summer! I would call this a "safe" blind buy.
7.5 5.0 5.0 6.0/10

Miaw2
Not very unique... but good
Clearly inspired by Allure Homme Sport, a little less sweet.

So it has almost no uniqueness, but it smells great certainly.

I'd choose AHS instead of this because in my opinion Chanel has a better lasting power and sillage. On the other hand, this is much cheaper than AHS, what makes it worth a bottle.

Sillage, projection and lasting power are average.

Updated January 2014

Jazzy76 23 days ago
Light, fresh, citrusy-aromatic and perfect by day mainly in the hot season. Average sillage and refined bottle.
High price
AJG 78 days ago
Lovely and short- lived, like the warmth of the bright sun on the spring day that one might wear this fragrance.
Summer, then.
Carlitos01 125 days ago
If you search a versatile fragrance, just a few are as versatile as this one. I recommend it if you are not looking for a star performance.+3
JoaoMartins 148 days ago
I bet this juice costs 20 cents to produce. It's just water and some cheap chemicals. Absolute disgrace of a fragrance+1
2.0
DavidBraz 9 months ago
Bright lemony opening. Gets more "heavy" and masculine through time. Not crazy for it but a good option for hot days! U'll get compliments
StarA1 12 months ago
Fragrance in the word ... the true meaning of tranquility and serenity+1
10.0
Attlas 15 months ago
Very good&versatile. Gets better over time. Opening: Unisex. End: Masculine.+1
10.0
MrHonest 20 months ago
Hands down the safest and most versatile fragrance ever made, and #1 on a beginner's buy list. Citrus + geranium + amber + tonka = value.
Syzygy73 2 years ago
Better than AHS in the way that a hot shower is better than getting caught in a downpour. Both may cleanse, but I know which I'd prefer.+1

by Irini
by Irini
by IrisNobile
... mit Mahonienbeeren ....
fresh and light
by Karlux37
by Cezar
by Cezar

Popular Versace

Eros (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Versace pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Versace The Dreamer (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Versace pour Homme Dylan Blue (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Versace Man Eau Fraîche (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Versense by Versace Blue Jeans by Versace Crystal Noir (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Versace L'Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Versace pour Homme Oud Noir by Versace Bright Crystal by Versace Yellow Diamond by Versace Red Jeans by Versace Eros pour Femme (Eau de Parfum) by Versace Eros Flame by Versace Blonde (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Versace Woman by Versace Versus Uomo (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Versace pour Femme Oud Oriental by Versace Versace Man (Eau de Toilette) by Versace