Versace pour Homme Dylan Blue (2016) Eau de Toilette

Versace pour Homme Dylan Blue (Eau de Toilette) by Versace

Versace pour Homme Dylan Blue (Eau de Toilette) is a popular perfume by Versace for men and was released in 2016. The scent is fresh-aquatic. It is being marketed by EuroItalia.

Top Notes Top NotesCalabrian bergamot, Grapefruit, Fig leaf, Aquatic notes
Heart Notes Heart NotesViolet leaf, Black pepper, Papyrus wood, Ambrox, Patchouli
Base Notes Base NotesMineral musk, Tonka bean, Saffron, Frankincense

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 23.03.2019

The face of the advertising campaign is model Trevor Signorino, photographed by Bruce Weber.

8.0 8.0 7.0 7.5/10
Norleans
Strong freshness, macnhmal even too strong
A few years ago I bought this one in passing at the turquoise D. Dran sniffed it, found it good and took it with me. It was my everyday fragrance for the office, at least in the warm months.
Both refreshing, and somehow exhilarating, I liked to have that on me for quite a while.

But at some point I missed a certain depth in the freshness, sometimes this "high" freshness almost caused headaches in me. At that time I didn't know parfumo.de and the souk yet, so my wife sold it at the flea market for a few Euros. I haven't actually missed him since.
What I remember: The "atomizer" did not atomize, but almost spit out a jet, so that you had to aim quite well in the morning :-)
8.0 7.0 8.0 8.0/10
The Crowed Pleaser
I already liked the ladies version - but also the homme meets my taste.

Wear my husband scents, I would like to hear this friendly turned towards scent at him.

But fortunately, in my "Herrenkränzchen" there are many grateful scent consumers.

Despite his uncomplicated appearance Dylan is quite multi-faceted.

The start is fresh and aquatic - lightly seasoned with pepper and patch.
The Veichen leaf gives depth - but is not bitter.
Saffron is a noble addition, but the fragrance remains casual thanks to soft Tonka.
The frankincense finish is even a little mysterious.

A good gift scent that neither tickles nor bores.

I think it fits best to my brother-in-law - who is rational as an engineer - and emotional as a hobby artist - creative.

Because Dylan manages this balancing act between ratio and feeling easily.

A real Crowed Pleaser.
9.0 8.0 8.0 8.0/10
Compliments-Getter for everyday life
I had already decided in the summer for the Dylan Blue only I didn't get to describe it yet. At that time he was always my choice between the ADG Profumo. I like fragrances that are different from many others and independent. Had preferred the ADG but noticed me the Dylan until I got him too. So that's the story of the acquisition ;)
Now for the fragrance itself. He smells sticking out. Start a little citrical. One recognizes very well the grapefruit and bergamot. But smell directly some patchouli which together makes a nice fresh one.
A little pepper (unfortunately a little too little for my taste) is added at the end with plenty of musk. Therefore it smells a bit warmer but does not leave the fresh one at all. A great fragrance for everyday life. For sports, for going out in the evening or in the office as well as in summer and winter.
The scent lasts about 6 hours, after which it softly disappears but only after 10 hours is it almost completely gone. A little tip for celebrating in the evening: overdose a little bit. One falls then well on works however in no way disturbing. My friends take it was good and I have already received many compliments on it. They didn't ask what the fragrance was but a "you smell good" always came.
The bottle looks great. Deep blue and gold. The company logo in the middle with the Medusa head stands out. Well done...
The fragrance may resemble some BDC and Sauvage. However, they differ greatly from each other and I find him unique on his own. Above all Ü20 and experienced men will feel addressed here. As a fragrance clone not at all, but if you like BDC and Sauvage you'll like it too.
So Blue for Dylan
SOTD: 12/11/18

Purchased the 200ml of this fragrance, on the recommendation of Jeremy's Fragrance. To my nose I like the scent is more pleasing than Dior Sauvage. It is versatile but to me is more of a spring and summer scent. Majority of the time is my somewhat dumb reach and longevity/performance is not issue on my skin I get around 10-12+ hrs.

Scent: 8/10
Presentation/Design: 7.5/10
Longevity/Performance: on my skin I get around 10-12+ hrs: 9/10
Overall: 8/10
9.0 10.0 8.0 10.0/10
Citrusman
Versatile, has something of Dior Sauvage...
For me the perfect scent for spring or autumn, for summer something too sweet and heavy.
Theoretically well wearable even in winter...
Or in the evening hours

Let's get to the fragrance:
One notices the slight freshness of bergamot, which unfortunately only lasts for a short time. (When I tested it in the perfumery, I smelled cherry:), which was not there at all...or I confused there something.
Something peppery is also there, then it increases to sweet, and the grapefruit comes into play.
This combination of a light freshness with grapefruit and the power of ambrox and pepper is just perfect!

The durability is excellent, as rich 3-4 splashes, yesterday had 5 (as much as Jeremy Fragrance recommends), this one was too much
Similarity to Dior Sauvage:
Ambrox is also here, what makes the resemblance.
But only slightly...

Conclusion: With 50€ for 30ml and 65€ for 50ml not the cheapest, but who is looking for a good fragrance for the evening or slightly colder seasons, will not get around this here.
Durability is good, and you leave a good impression...
Top!
8.0 8.0 8.0 8.0/10
Farneon
Delicious scented soup with two hairs in it! ;-)
Actually, this fragrance should be made like for me: fresh, aquatic, citric and yet with unmistakable charisma and own character. The gold on the bottle already indicates that you can expect more than just freshness, e.g. a noble spiciness and high-quality flavours. All created by Alberto Morillas, an experienced perfumer of undignified rank. I also like to smell simple Versace pour Homme despite its rather low complexity.

And then there is Bleu de Chanel, one of my "favourite scents of always going", to which Dylan Blue is so often compared here. However, I can only partially understand this comparison. Except that both EDTs go in the same rough direction, they are very different in my nose. But if I remember Dior's Sauvage correctly (I only tested it myself), I would draw much more parallels. This is mainly due to a special fragrance that I cannot specify in more detail. But a note that didn't bother me so much about Sauvage that I decided against buying it. Could be something resinous or oceanic, I don't know exactly.

Despite its excellent shelf life and good silage, the salty taste of Dylan Blue is also a "thorn in my olfactory organ", so to speak, after about half an hour. Salt excretes my skin when sweating enough! ;-) Therefore, despite excellent basic conditions and the associated anticipation as well as a comparatively fair price, I only rate the fragrance with 2 to 3+.
7.0 6.0 8.5/10
The blue wave
One of the comments below explains the meaning of the name. Instead of, as suspected, having an 80s rebel in front of him, the title aptly describes the olfactory impression of Versaces Blaumann.
It is this view, perhaps the first one you enjoy when you travelled to Italy by car. The eyes wander across the blue sea and maybe, as long as one has enjoyed the luxury of the air conditioning, one smells in these moments for the first time the arrival in the holiday. Salty, warm smell of the water, carried by all kinds of spicy plants of the environment. A feeling of arrival, of letting go of everyday life and ready for a few beautiful days in the distance....
That's the feeling Dylan Blue manages to awaken in me. A comforting intimacy, wrapped in a warm, spicy, but quite blue scent, which doesn't touch me anywhere. So no rebel, rather an Italo cuddly singer who, like him, can already generate wanderlust with his melody. Dylan Blue is universally wearable for me, during the day as well as in the evening. I see its strength, however, rather in the evening hours, with a glass of wine or beer.
A drop of bitterness should be mentioned at the end: similar to the most beautiful holiday, this Versace does not last forever, on my skin at least, the sea is only present for a few hours
Nice Designer Fragrance
I was hesitant about purchasing this juice but I could not resist the fragrance. A cross between Dior Savage and Bleu De Chanel is what I have heard among reviewers, but to me this is a masterpiece. Great product Versace!
8.0 7.0 7.0 6.5/10
Shetthy
If you want to stand out, don't buy this
I thought about blind buying this fragrance from the reviews on YouTube but since I didn't want to spend too much on fragrances at the time, I decided to wait on it. It was spring so I had to get a "must have" so I went for a 10ml decant of this fragrance. From the very first sniff, I didn't feel anything great about it. This is generic. But the worse part is, it didn't even get me good compliment.

I wore it on the day of work and my coworker came to me and said "What's that Justin Beiber cologne that you have on?" Lol. He was a male co-worker so I didn't take his words seriously. I am still testing it out in public and around ladies and still haven't received any compliment as per people say. The only goal of this fragrance is to get compliments cause it is not something that'd stick in your memory or anyone's in that case, it's that generic.

I can't imagine a guy any older than 22 years old pulling this off cause it smells like a teenager (hence, the Justin Beiber comment). Won't recommend for people older than 22 but younger crowd, give it a sniff before committing to it. Don't blind buy it, buy a decant first and test it out.
9.0 8.0 8.0 9.0/10
Out of the Blue - a King of compliments
It took me more than a year to buy Dylan Blue.
I am neither enthusiastic about Bleu de Chanel nor about Dior Sauvage. The Dylan Blue reviews I read and listened, always mentioned this fragrance to be half way between the Chanel and the Dior fragrances. So, I was not really eager to this Versace Dylan encounter. As I have hundreds of cologne bottles and, among them, all the other Versace's for men, it looked kind of strange not to have Dylan Blue. So I bought it last week just to fill a space in my drawer.
My assumptions could not be more wrong.
This is a very good fragrance. The ambroxan, the citrus notes, the patchouli, the musk, in fact all the notes are top quality and are magnifically blended.
Needless to say that I do prefer Dylan Blue to Sauvage and Bleu.
Versatility is monstruous. Perfect for all the seasons, day and night and all the situations. Performance is above average for this type of notes. The bottle is gorgeous, just a tiny bit not as beautiful as some Bvlgari bottles.

Let's see the math for Dylan Blue:
- Scent opening: 8.5
- Scent drydown: 8.5
- Longevity: 8.5 (8 hours +)
- Sillage: 8.0 (more than 6 feet for 3 hours with 3 sprays; projects heavily for more than 2 hours; practical skin scent till the 8th or 9th hour.)
- Uniqueness: 8.5 (not really unique but better than its competition for me)
- Wearability: 9.0 (almost always but not in super cold temperatures)
- Versatility: 9.0 (almost everywhere)
- Compliments: 10.0 (one of the compliment kings)
- Quality: 9.0 (Very good but a bit synthetic)
- Presentation: 9.0 (Gorgeous and classy although similar to other Versace bottles)
- Price: 8.0 (100 ml tester for 38 Euros + VAT - a bit on the expensive side but due its quality is acceptable)

Average: 8.73 / 10.00
In my top 10? No because I really prefer spicy/woody/orientals even if they don´t have the versatility and wearability of Dylan Blue. But it's in my 50 for sure
Will I buy it again? Yes for sure.
Is there a similar freshy fragrance I like as much as Dylan Blue? Yes, it's Bogart Pure (I know the quality is inferior but I love it)
Will I recommend it? a big YES! People who like to concentrate just in a few bottles do need to buy Dylan Blue due to its universal versatility together with all the other qualities !
8.0 7.0 8.0 6.5/10
MrHonest
Bart no like....baaaaad medicine.
Let's start off by saying that this is not a terrible fragrance - but It's not a great fragrance either. By today's standards, it's actually a very average one. I would go so far as to say that by 2018, it's probably one that most people EXPECT.

Back in the 90s and even into the late 2000s, people expected ADG. They expected fresh, and to some extent, most people still do. But fresh has become boring, so we add a little playful fruitiness here, a little elegant tonka bean there and perhaps even a little formal pepperiness or incense, and we end up with nearly every popular designer release today. It's that sweet spot that plays with the average consumer's freshie expectations, but not enough to make them turn away from fear of non-conformity. What a beautiful game.

The problem with Dylan Blue, is that it doesn't do it right. The familiar "shower gel" vibe is there with the grapefruit, sweetness and aquatic notes, but there is a heady fruitiness right from the very beginning that absolutely KILLS it. To me, the smell is reminiscent of overripe robotic fruit swimming in a pool of spicy chemicals. It's almost certainly caused by the mixing of fig, ambrox, mineral musk, and all of the spicy notes, giving the fragrance a rather metallic and grungy syntheticness that's overbearing on my skin. And for the very decent amount of time that it lasts, I really couldn't stand it. I still can't.

Imagine that some guy named Dylan was carrying bottles of Sauvage, Bleu de Chanel, Invictus Aqua, Versace PH and Ferrari's Noble Fig in his arms, tripped, and smashed all of the bottles on the floor. As he slipped and fell, bashing his nose against the floor, this is likely what he smelled - the ambrox of Sauvage, the incensy citrus of BDC and the weird fruitiness of the rest. That's basically it. That's Dylan. He sure blew it.

But look, that doesn't mean it's ALL bad. After a solid 8 days of testing, a few people around me actually liked it and the longevity and sillage were above average for a quasi-freshie. And truth be told, for a long time, I was actually considering getting a bottle myself due to the abundance of "compliment-getting" reviews out there (not to mention the very decent price). But of course, it's unwise to believe everything you hear, and following my own testing, I'm happy to say that there are just SOOO many better options out there in the same genre - ADG Profumo, BDC EdP, Aqva Atlantique and even Luna Rossa Carbon to name a few (though LRC is not exactly known for its stellar performance).

My advice - spend the extra money and get something better or more unique. After all, it's not worth owning a fragrance that embodies the very definition of "forgettable" when there are so many others that can help you stand out. But I urge you to sample it first for yourself (if you can) before coming to the same conclusion.
5.0 5.0 5.0/10
That Unused Bottle At the Back's Story
Hi. You might remember me. The name's Blue -- Dylan Blue. You picked me up when you were feeling giddy and probably after a paycheck. You listened to your friends or believed the hype on the interwebs. Maybe you even sampled me and I was the perfect olfactory companion while you were in the store. I was rich; I was oriental; I spoke low and soft and with power and mystery. I didn't pressure you too much and I didn't smell like the barnyard. However, by the time you got home, I had retreated to a few follicles on your arm and smelled perfectly ordinary. You were angry. You felt ripped off. So you tried me again and again and again, but I was always the same. You know what they say about the scorpion and the toad, right? It's my nature, and so you exiled me to the back of your fragrance collection. Weeks passed and you forgot about me, but I had to speak up now while you were out and warn all the other copies of me out there to not be taken hostage by unappreciative humans. They won't love you, brothers. They will abandon you just because we're nothing special. Beware! Do not end up at the back of the shelf like I have. And any humans reading this, you should be ashamed -- now you know what we are, so there's no reason for you to abandon us. Either kindly pass us by or use us in some other fragrance-appropriate way, but to be bought and then ignored is the worst of all deaths -- slow and unmerciful in the constant overlooking.

Carlitos01 155 days ago
Versatility - monstruous
Performance - above average for the listed notes
Perfect for all the seasons, all situations, either day or night+2
9.0
9.0
Akunin 11 months ago
Really safe blind buy, u cant go wrong with this one.+2
IanFriedrich 24 months ago
Test it few times at Sephora. Still, the scent is not special for me & sad on the longevity is weak.+2
Syzygy73 24 months ago

by MightyMike
by Ernie824
by Ernie824

Popular Versace

Eros (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Versace pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Versace The Dreamer (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Versace pour Homme Dylan Blue (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Versace Man Eau Fraîche (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Versense by Versace Blue Jeans by Versace Crystal Noir (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Versace L'Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Versace pour Homme Oud Noir by Versace Bright Crystal by Versace Yellow Diamond by Versace Red Jeans by Versace Eros pour Femme (Eau de Parfum) by Versace Eros Flame by Versace Blonde (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Versus Uomo (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Versace pour Femme Oud Oriental by Versace Versace Woman by Versace Versace pour Femme by Versace