Versace pour Homme Dylan Blue 2016Eau de Toilette

Versace pour Homme Dylan Blue (Eau de Toilette) by Versace
Versace pour Homme Dylan Blue (Eau de Toilette) is a popular perfume by Versace for men and was released in 2016. The scent is fresh-aquatic. It is being marketed by EuroItalia.
Scent goes well with Eros (Eau de Toilette)

Top Notes Top NotesCalabrian bergamot, Grapefruit, Fig leaf, Aquatic notes
Heart Notes Heart NotesViolet leaf, Black pepper, Papyrus, Ambrox, Patchouli
Base Notes Base NotesMusk, Tonka bean, Saffron, Frankincense

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 18.10.2020.

As of September 2020, the faces of the advertising campaign have been models Louis Baines, Bella Hadid and Hailey Baldwin Bieber, in a campaign photographed by Harley Weir and filmed by Gordon von Steiner.

Dylan Blue - The fresher Sauvage
First of all: This comment is part of my personal research project "(Summer) Immergeher 2020". For more information and links to further fragrance comments from me, please visit my profile or my perfume-blog (https://www.parfumo.de/Benutzer/HenrikBlau/Blog/Eintrag/projekt-sommer-dumb-grab-2020). And now to the matter.

Flacon
Rectangular flacon made of dark blue glass with a kind of intimated emerald cut. Decorative plaque on the front, lid and spray head in red gold lacquered plastic with Versace-typical grea pattern and medusa head. Looks more valuable from a distance than up close. The atomizer produces a fine, even mist. For my taste, the spray angle could be a bit bigger.

Durability and Sillage
2 sprayers on the neck or back of the neck are quite enough for a working day in the office. In the first 2-3 hours the scent is not room filling but present. Outdoors it is still clearly perceptible a good arm's length away. Over the day the sillage slowly but surely decreases. Close to the skin the scent lasts for far more than 8 hours. My partner still notices it on me after 12 hours. All in all no H&S monster, but more than enough to get on the nerves of people who might not like the scent so much
Fragrance or fragrance progression
Dylan Blue starts off extremely fresh with citric-aquatic notes (clearly grapefruit, among others!) Garnished with a very subtle, flowery sweetness and a light, ethereal peppery touch. In the morning after showering I feel 10 times more freshly showered! The day can begin! After 30 minutes Ambrox is at the start and the fragrance takes a fresh woody direction. A little musk and patchouli(?) round it off pleasantly. And then there is a slightly sweet note that somehow reminds me of fabric softener with a floral scent. In the course of the next few hours, musk and ambrox become more and more present; and finally, incense also comes into play. The fragrance thus acquires an earthy, resinous-woody, masculine touch. However, it remains too fresh overall to appear somehow sombre.
If you know it, imagine Dior's "Sauvage" (edt) minus the vetiver, minus a little ambrox and pepper, minus the sticky sweetness. Instead some incense and freshly washed.

Conclusion
Dylan Blue Eau de Toilette is a great shower gel - fresh laundry - fragrance and is wearable in different situations and at different times of the day or year. A not very original but solid newcomer in the ranks of my blue evergreens, which could be interesting for many, especially in view of the price. I personally will probably not buy it again, as I like other blues better.
The down-to-earth rich man
The scent consistently reminds me of a casual down-to-earth rich man.

Yet he drinks soda, not Martini He sits at beach bars, not fine dining restaurants.
He's wearing his shirt unbuttoned, not a suit He wants to attract attention by his character, not by his watch.
. . .and yet everyone knows he's rich.

And that's how I smell him. A fragrance, a bit fizzy, summery, casual and indeed with character! Which he is not? Noble. But it doesn't have to be, because it's still very high-quality, modern and smells like class.

The shelf life is solid for a fresh scent and on clothes it lasts for days. You quickly don't smell it yourself and are disappointed with the shelf life, until hours later you still receive compliments. The Sillage is wonderful to captivate people in the immediate radius. At work it leaves a pleasant fresh veil in my office, which I notice every time I go out for a moment and come in again. It doesn't overstrain, on the contrary, you always like to take a deep breath and don't want it to stop
Versace Dylan Blue, an affordable all-rounder
My first comment at Parfumo and I hope it is informative
Dylan Blue, an all-rounder that you can wear almost all the time.

The beginning is very fresh with grapefruit, aquatic notes and bergamot, but it doesn't kill you.
The following mix of ambrox, patchouli and black pepper with a little violet leaf as the heart note is very successful with a certain depth that is pleasant.
The base of tonka bean, saffron and musk contributes to this. It is well balanced and rounds off the whole. Unfortunately I can hardly recognize the incense.

The shelf life is ok with 6-8 hours.
The sillage could be better, which would also improve VDB overall, but for this price segment it is ok.

I like the bottle with its dark blue colour.

My conclusion, you can wear Versace Dylan Blue almost always and you also get some compliments.

Funfact, I got most of the compliments for this fragrance from ladies in a club in St. Petersburg.

Philos
How would Dickie Greenleaf smell?
Attention all those who have never seen the film "The Talented Mr. Ripley". Spoiler warning!

Remember the young Jude Law in the classic "The Talented Mr. Ripley"? A film that was probably inspired in large part by the charm of Dickie Greenleaf. Dickie lives a lifestyle that probably everyone of us wants. He lives in the small town of Mongibello near Naples, spends his days on the beach, playing boccia with the men of the city, or even on a short trip to Rome. Such days can also end spontaneously in a jazz club. The word is probably the best word, everything happens spontaneously. Dickie is a guy who doesn't take life too seriously and likes to flirt for his life. So he needs a scent that might accompany him all day long. From the beach in the morning to the jazz club in the evening.

Dior Sauvage? Sure, he gets lots of compliments, but does Dickie smell like everybody else? No
Acqua di Giò Profumo? Wonderful scent, but too grown-up for Dickie.

Bleu De Chanel? Jackpot? A phenomenal smell. But wait, do you remember that one scene where Tom Ripley tells Dickie about the money he got from Dickie's father? He wants to buy a car, but his girlfriend says they really need a fridge. Apparently, Dickie has to look after the money too.

Well, I guess we finally got it. Dickie Greenleaf is wearing Versace Dylan Blue!

Let's get to the scent:

The fragrance starts wonderfully fresh, perfect for a hot day in Italy. It owes this to the Calabrian bergamot, grapefruit, fig leaf and aquatic notes present in the top note. So it's perfect when it goes straight to the beach.

Continue with the base, here we have violet leaf, black pepper, papyrus wood, ambrox, patchouli. These ingredients give it a certain depth that I miss in Dior Sauvage. It gives the fragrance a masculine character.

The base of musk, tonka bean, saffron, incense underlines the whole and gives it a solid base. These notes can also be used in jazz clubs when the fresh notes have long since faded away.

On durability:

The durability is good, especially on the clothes you can smell the fragrance even the next morning and also on the skin it lasts 6-8 hours. But I often have a small pocket sprayer with me and add more during the day.

To the Sillage:

I don't smell the scent on myself anymore, but I know that I noticed it strongly the first time I sprayed it and the whole room smelled like it, but I have to say that the Sillage could be much better. That would bring the scent to another level.

I would like Versace to produce an "intense version" or an EdP concentration sometime.

In summary, as I have already indicated in my little analogy, I can say that Dylan Blue is a great, versatile fragrance that suits all seasons and all situations. Moreover, the price-performance ratio is good, which makes it predestined to be or become a signature fragrance.

For all those who denounce his versatility. Yes he is not a precision rifle, but the ladies love him and that is what counts ;) ciao ciao, Philos
Versace Dylan Compliment
A fragrance ala Bdc mixed with Dior Sauvage and refined with many compliments ?
Dylan Blue was an absolute blind buy, but this blind buy came pretty close to a six in the lottery. The scent is fresh, aquatic and slightly sweet, later you can smell a little bit of spice, you could say it smells a bit like cherry, this leads to the fact that many people like the scent or even love it.
The performance is good, the scent lasts for about 7-8 hours, but the sillage fades away after about 2 hours.
The flacon is noble and of high quality, an absolute eye-catcher on every shelf!
As most of you already know, Dylan Blue is a compliment monster, which is often confirmed to me!

For sympathizers of blue scents, this perfume is a must, especially for the price!
Versace Allrounder!
I bought the scent back then because of Youtub influence. Apparently this is the all-rounder of Versace!

Flacon: Is very beautiful to look at. The bottle is in a classic blue and the Versacelogo in gold is applied once on the spray head and on the front of the bottle. I think it already looks classic. But somehow you can't shake the feeling that the bottle is cheap rather than high-quality.

Scent: Find the scent starts synthetically fresh and develops after 1-2 hours in the sweet direction but never loses its freshness. At H/S you can't complain either, if you even consider the price you could imagine a smile with a good nod of the head to any buyer. Especially also with all my friends, when they are looking for a cheap scent with good performance and endurance. I would estimate the Sillage at about one arm length. On my skin, the scent lasts for 3-4 hours and then develops close to the skin. The scent is noticeable for 6-8 hours and after 12 hours it is hardly there anymore
I've received good compliments for the scent and it feels like a fresh shower:D Especially when you apply the scent after work you have a straight out the shower feeling if you have to go somewhere else. Because the scent is not too complicated and exhausting in my opinion and is also perceived as a good mainstreamer, you can call it an all-rounder. I have been using the fragrance for 1 year and it stands out from the crowd, because I haven't met so many people who have this fragrance in their collection.

For me, definitely a must try for all those who like fresh scents and a cheap alternative!
You: Freshly showered? He: No
Actually, I could have stopped after the headline because short and sweet: Versace Dylan Blue smells like "Freshly showered".
But be careful: It does not replace a shower!

Nevertheless, I would like to go into more detail now:
For me he is simply the king among shower gel fragrances, a great all-rounder (All Season/All Locations) and simply another successful Versace.
It is, as befits a shower gel fragrance, fresh and aquatic. But there's something else. Something that makes it very sublime and seductive: it also brings compliments
That sounds quite good now and many (including me) will think at this point: "Well, if it's so good, why do I use another fragrance at all?".
And this is exactly where it becomes a bit problematic. Because there is an unwritten law (which can be applied not only to fragrances).
It's like this: The more something or someone tries to convince in all disciplines, the worse he gets in a certain discipline.
And this is also the big problem of Versace Dylan Blue. He's a great all-rounder, but if you own a certain amount of perfume, sooner or later you'll notice: "Oh, there's a fragrance that fits better than the all-rounder Dylan Blue in every situation."
And that's where (for me) the only sticking point with Versace Dylan Blue lies: I don't know when to use it. Although I still use it from time to time (especially on hotter spring and summer days), especially when I only want to do a short drive-by at my perfume collection and don't have a long time to pick it out.

ALSO: If you need a great all-rounder and don't always want to worry about "Damn, what should I wear now?" then hit this one!

The modern summer fragrance
where to start. This fragrance is what a modern man should wear in spring and especially summer.

It smels fresh-aquatic with a lot of patchouli. You can compare the scent to a armani adg profumo, but versace dylan blue is smelling more modern, less heavy and for younger people (but you can still wear this as an adult).

As I already said, it suits spring and summer. You could wear it in the office, at the beach, in the club, or wherever you want. It is definetly a versitale fragrance!

The performance is realy good, all-knowing that versace dylan blue is a eau de toilette and a fresh hot weather fragrance. It lasts for about 6 to 7 hours on my skin.

I recommend this fragrance to anyone who wants a simple, good smelling summer scent.

Alongside adg profumo, versace dylan blue is my favourite summer fragrance! My rating is a 9 out of 10.
Cngz95
The shower gel under the fragrances
As the title suggests, Versace pour Homme strongly reminds me of shower gel. But that's a negative thing? No, not at all! Who doesn't like to smell like "fresh out of the shower" after two sprays?

It is aquatic, fresh and in my opinion clearly sweet and knows how to impress.

The sillage and performance of the fragrance is not exceptionally strong, but that's a good thing, because I wouldn't have wished it to be stronger or more striking. This would have broken through the threshold to a penetrating perfume.

All in all very solid, suitable for many occasions and pleasing to the female world. The only shortcoming that one could mention: One of the most famous scents and therefore unfortunately you are hardly an individual when you walk through the city and pass by crowds of people.
You can't come in here!
In Scent City there are a lot of clubs, bars and other places. One of them is called @Fresh21 (pronounced: ett Fräsch twentiwann), in front of which the following happened when young Dylan was rejected once again:

"Hey, what's up man, here I come again."
[Silence]

"It's pretty busy here, will you let me in today?"

Nope.

"But why not? Hey, smell me ... I am fresh, spicy, sweet, aquatic, smoky, everything in it, tip top, clean and neat until tomorrow morning when you close."

[Silence]

"Oh, come on, the previous speakers came in too, even that Henry from Hill 667, the one with the sign language. Only six weeks ago."

[Silence]

"Man, I don't get it. A year and a half ago, I could go in and out every day, I was a regular fixture here, even if only for two months. And now it's all, "no entry, too young, too lovely, too fluffy" ... "Dude, what's the deal?"

[Silence]

"And yet I'm so well received, a crowd pleaser, a top all-rounder, whether in my leisure time, at the office or on a date - there are compliments everywhere. And it's not just because I'm a little bit of everything: Bleu de Chanel, Sauvage, YSL Ultime and also a little bit of Profumo, but because I have my very own character that doesn't need to fear comparison with others. I also have a strong charisma and I can hold out for quite a long time."

Are you a callboy?
"What?! ... very funny, but okay, I get it. Last time it was already said "you are too designed, want too much and can do it, even too fresh I should be somehow. I can get that, but hey, ... then please tell me one more thing: What does 21 mean in the name of your shop? I thought there are young people there and I would have a second chance to get in, but obviously there are only old people here now."

That's right. One, and he is wise
"??? ... What do you mean?"

You can't get in here!

GreMuserGreMuser 24 days ago
Blue fragrance, very versatile, fresh but a bit generic, ok for the price. 6 out of 10
SvafrahSvafrah 40 days ago
The king of Versatility! Summer, fall, winter or spring. Any occasion and a safe bet in any situation. Citrus, ambroxan and tonka cant fail.
Arman038Arman038 7 months ago
Perfect for the summer. Smells like adg profumo for younger guys, but still mature enough for adults
MillanderMillander 9 months ago
Nice masculine scent with similar vein like Luna Rossa Carbon which at first much better but on my skin falls apart. Dylan stays the same.
Amazon1975Amazon1975 10 months ago
Grown to enjoy this a lot...a great dumb reach for spring summer.....very nice drydown
AmberScentAmberScent 11 months ago
After more than a couple of years after beibg launched, it remains in my top 3 blue perfumes of reference. Recommended!
Carlitos01Carlitos01 2 years ago
Versatility - monstruous
Performance - above average for the listed notes
Perfect for all the seasons, all situations, either day or night
AkuninAkunin 2 years ago
Really safe blind buy, u cant go wrong with this one.
IanFriedrichIanFriedrich 4 years ago
Test it few times at Sephora. Still, the scent is not special for me & sad on the longevity is weak.
Syzygy73Syzygy73 4 years ago
Like Versace Pour Homme only not, and crap as well.

by Lanto
by Citrusman
by Karlux37
by Karlux37

Popular Versace

Versace pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Versace The Dreamer (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Versace L'Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Versace pour Homme Oud Noir by Versace Versus Uomo (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Gianni Versace (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Versense by Versace Eros (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Versace Man Eau Fraîche (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Blonde (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Eros Flame by Versace Versace Man (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Versace pour Femme Oud Oriental by Versace Crystal Noir (Eau de Parfum) by Versace Crystal Noir (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Versace Woman by Versace Blue Jeans by Versace V'E Versace (Eau de Parfum) by Versace Versace pour Femme Dylan Blue by Versace Eros (Eau de Parfum) by Versace