Versace pour Homme Dylan Blue (2016)Eau de Toilette

Versace pour Homme Dylan Blue (Eau de Toilette) by Versace

Versace pour Homme Dylan Blue (Eau de Toilette) is a popular perfume by Versace for men and was released in 2016. The scent is fresh-aquatic. It is being marketed by EuroItalia.

Top Notes Top NotesCalabrian bergamot, Grapefruit, Fig leaf, Aquatic notes
Heart Notes Heart NotesViolet leaf, Black pepper, Papyrus wood, Ambrox, Patchouli
Base Notes Base NotesMineral musk, Tonka bean, Saffron, Frankincense

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 28.03.2020.

The face of the advertising campaign is model Trevor Signorino, photographed by Bruce Weber.

8.0 8.0 8.0 8.0/10

Perfectly balanced Aquaten cocktail
For a long time I was reluctant to buy this fragrance - "Crowdpleaser", "Mainstreamer", "shower fragrance" - all these terms put me off. I didn't want to smell like everybody else
But with time I made the following observation:
In Germany, 5%-10% of people seem to feel that they are wearing fragrances at all - at least in a clearly noticeable way. I am not talking about the "spray once on the neck and out" candidates, no.
For me, a fragrance has to fill the room, but it has to smell pleasant and suit the person and bring them into focus. People have to curiously stretch their nose into the air and finally catch the scent carrier meditating in his own scenttaura. That's why I also love to smell people before I even see them.

Personally, I want to smell sometimes clean, sometimes elegant, sometimes masculine and seductive, sometimes mysterious, sometimes just "crowdpleasend".

But: how am I supposed to smell like everybody else when I probably never noticed the scent myself to anyone, although it is supposed to be a "shower scent"? "Shower fragrance" - don't make me laugh. I wish that more people would ever take a shower or smell neutral. Therefore, this fragrance can't be so worn out.

So: Tested in the perfumery, found good, asked for the (actual) opinion of the female companion of the day, but still wavered, but at home then resolutely ordered a 50ml bottle.
Interesting: when I once sprayed the "Luna Rossa Carbon", that lady said that it smelled like "beetle shit". She meant the Ambroxan. Here she doesn't notice the scent negatively, because everything merges so wonderfully into each other.

Dylan Blue does everything right. It smells fresh, modern, clean, slightly sweetish (reminiscent of chewing gum, but without being pushy or teeny because everything is in such harmony), and woodsy-soft (how nice Ambroxan can smell when dosed correctly - thanks Alberto!).
And my dear man, he's quick to compliment you I have worn it perhaps four times so far, and have already received three compliments from ladies. We should not forget that many people find a fragrance good and yet do not express a compliment - the dark figure of the "pleasured crowd", i.e. the people who feel comfortable with the fragrance, will thus be significantly higher. Quote from a few hours ago: "Mhmmm, is that your perfume? That smells good!"

The good thing is that you can hardly smell the Dylan Blue on anyone. Yeah, I said that. So much for the term "mainstreamer".
Sauvage is a fierce mainstreamer, Aventus meanwhile unfortunately also. Both I smell very often. Dylan Blue never did - why shouldn't he be unique anymore? Because he doesn't smell like charred rotten meat dipped in rosewater with a minimal leathery note in his iris coat?
Believe me, with Dylan Blue you will smell wonderfully "common", yet not "familiar". You won't be scandalous.
I dose with about 7-8 sprays from very close range (as almost always with freshies), and the stuff just goes down really well. Nothing stings, nothing is overdosed - no, not even my 7-8 sprayers :-]. It lasts the whole working day, and even the next morning I still hear a subliminal sweetness from my long hair, which is probably due to the tonka bean.

The durability is similar to the ADG Profumo, one of the best fragrances of all times in my opinion and besides THE compliment magnet par excellence, very long for a fresh scent. The Sillage also leaves nothing to be desired, because in the first hours the scent projects really well dosed. And even if you don't notice it yourself later on, it is still there, what others let you know from time to time - a phenomenon that it shares with the fresh ADG Profumo as well. For a fresh Eau de Toilette really remarkable!

Dylan Blue is an all-rounder, yes. But he's not a mainstreamer. He's a real all-rounder. He's perfect for the office, the club, shopping, the gym. He's also perfect for giving away. You definitely can't go wrong with this fragrance.
I'm just not sure if it's still suitable for the really mature man, because it's minimally playful already because of the slight "chewing gum" note (that sounds bad, but it's not - I just can't think of another term). Maybe it also depends on the respective skin chemistry, I don't know. To all others, this Dylan Blue is clearly recommended, as you can more than clearly see besides the few small, usual runaways.

By the way, if you want to have a real shower fragrance, I recommend the following shower gel: "Dylan Blue" by Versace. It's available in a tube, often in a combination pack with the EdT.
8.0 7.0 7.0 8.5/10

Henryhill667
( ͡ಠ ʖ̯ ͡ಠ ) < M.A.I.N.S.T.R.E.A.M !!
( ͡ᵔ ͜ʖ ͡ᵔ ) < "Hmmm, great. A fresh blue scent that always goes."

____ ( ͡ಠ ʖ̯ ͡ಠ ) < "Are you crazy, it's total standard."

( ͡ᵔ ͜ʖ ͡ᵔ ) < "But I find with its mixture of fresh, pungent and then smoky smells in the finish it stands out from the crowd."

____ ( ͡ಠ ʖ̯ ͡ಠ ) < "That's drydown, not dismount... And you're talking about head, heart and base note. And the notes are bergamot, pepper, some ambrox and then in DRYDOWN incense!"

( ͡ᵔ ͜ʖ ͡ᵔ ) < "Never mind. I just like him."

____ ( ͡ಠ ʖ̯ ͡ಠ ) < "But it's on the back of one in two!"

( ͡ᵔ ͜ʖ ͡ᵔ ) < "Well, that's nice! This shows me that it is well received. In addition, you don't attract negative attention and you know that others like the scent as well."

ლ(ಠ_ಠლ) < "Oh, I'm getting mad... You don't want to smell like one in two! That's totally mainstream!"

( ͡ᵔ ͜ʖ ͡ᵔ ) < "But once again, I don't usually spend that much time on fragrances. And then I just take what I like."

____ ( ゚Д゚) < M.A.I.N.S.T.R.E.A.M ,I said !!!

ヽ(。_°)ノ

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ< "What's all this stupid fidgeting... Are you saying you don't care? Then wear your Versace uniform from Alberto Morillas, the company I mass murderer!"

(⌐▨_▨) < "jupp..."

____ {ಠಠ}_,,|,
9.0 7.0 7.0 8.5/10

Seahawk12s
similar to Eros a good allround and very solid
... i like it even a little bit better than eros, because it goes a little bit more in the clean instead of playful direction. An ideal pleasing office fragrance, which nevertheless doesn't get boring and I find it quite unique, even if it doesn't have any outstanding characteristics, but these "outstanding" fragrances are more disconcerting, which will hardly happen with this one. Certainly no club scent, for that he has too little power but there are other ones...

Very helpful Review
The blue king ?
Is often described as a cheap good shower gel fragrance.
Can they do any better? I was wondering.

Sauvage edp ? Maybe. But it is not quite fair to compare edp with edt. The comparison to adg profumo (also an edp) comes from the aquatic notes and the patchouli. And I think the opening of dylan blue is of course very direction shower gel fragrance
graipfruit / bergamot is already the shower gel dna par excellence
In the drydown, it gets darker, mostly ambroxan but not too strong like sauvage, which makes it more portable for the interior than sauvage and especially adg profumo, and since it only costs half as much as bleu de chanel, it is the best for everyday use! Blue champ ! and with the patchouli he also has a bit more depth in the drydown is rather masculine. Not for girls.
From spring to autumn, in the morning at noon in the evening
Easy, 1-2 hours silage then skin closer 6 hours skin / 8 clothes
Can't be sprayed over as easily as the other "competitors" fits perfectly into the versace portfolio, homme in the morning, dylan at noon, dark and the god of love eros in the evening. Everything you need.
I would love to get as many compliments for some of my fancy fragrances in my collection as I do for this one
8.0 8.0 8.0 8.5/10

The all-rounder
A very successful all-round scent of Versace, which is also well wearable in winter due to the heavy spicy notes. What you can add is that the fragrance is not a cheap copy of BdC or Sauvage, because the uniqueness is there.
9.0 9.0 8.0 9.5/10

The all-rounder?
For me, this fragrance is perhaps the best all-rounder there is. It fits just really well everywhere. For the office, in the evening, in spring, in winter. I don't find it unsuitable anywhere.

Scent:
Fresh fragrance that is at your side in every everyday situation. I think he keeps his scent the whole time without smelling different after a while. With this scent you simply feel good. I find this fragrance smells like you would imagine a typical men's fragrance.

Shelf life: Above average, gives nothing to complain about.

Silage: Silage also great, the scent is very present, depending on the number of sprayers.

Flacon: A very nice flacon, I like it very much. Compact and beautiful noble design.

Overall, this fragrance is a great all-rounder that performs well everywhere. No matter if office, in the evening or for leisure time. With the right dosage, it can be used in many ways. With one of the few scents that I can say Blind purchase without problems!
8.0 9.0 9.0 9.5/10

Grrrrrrh !
This is a fragrance to get woozy...-Grrrh! At least this scent appeals to exactly those receptors in my olfactory bulb that are sensitive to it. Fruity and peppery, it's time to set off on your journey: a really all-round successful combination! After some time it gets darker and smokier, but still noble without becoming too extreme.
Summa Summarum: a truly diverse fragrance that can and should be worn confidently on all occasions. As soon as I see him standing around in a perfumery somewhere, I spray myself with that stuff -- Grrrrh! I'm afraid I have
"only" the shower gel, but that is at least a tiny little substitute for my craving for this great EdT! One of these days I'm gonna treat myself to it and then... Grrrh!

My annual companion 2019
Sooo... So here now my first reviews on Parfumo after a long time of reading :)

I bought Dylan Blue at the end of 2018 and probably used it more than any other perfume last year. I am overwhelmed every time I smell that horny pepper note and can't get enough of it. Fresh, long-lasting fragrance with recognition value. And yes- I have been confused with Sauvage before (even if I don't like the comparison very much). All in all, I have actually only had good reactions to the fragrance except for one time. This was probably the warmest day in the past year and my girlfriend's mother lovingly said that this sweet worldly scent gets on her nerves and gives her a headache... Thanks for that :P
Dylan Blue is like already in simply a horny all round. I wear it when I go to the cinema in summer, when I go to the shop in winter or when I am out with friends in autumn. Simply always. The only shortcoming is that it is unfortunately not the unique fragrance. In the end, it is still a fresh designer fragrance that is supposed to be suitable for the masses - but it is also really good.
8.0 6.0 6.0 9.0/10

ServoStar
Together instead of against each other
Versace Dylan Blue has been in my possession for quite some time, but I always suffered from a certain dilemma:

The fragrance is such a good all-rounder that there is hardly an opportunity where it fits 100%. No problem in spring, fresh in summer, great in autumn, and even suitable for winter. In addition, it is completely independent of the time of day and the occasion. Office, party, restaurant, everything is possible with the water. But if you are in the lucky situation of having several fragrances, you will almost always find one that is better tailored to the situation. So it turned out that I always loved to smell the scent, but in the bottle it didn't get less.

Dylan Blue's big appearance followed a few weeks ago, when my boss and I had to go to meetings in foreign companies relatively often, often with members of all levels of the company hierarchy from CEO to facility manager. The other sticking point at these meetings was that they were not negotiations, but almost friendly votes (here the togetherness).

Hence the title of this commentary. In many meetings the point is to show dominance (here the opposition), or possibly even to intimidate the opponent(s) slightly. Here completely differently: One wants to remain in the memory at the most positive and fragrant by its smell, not as hard-core, eccentric or frightening. In addition it is to be noted that one is with superiors on the way, opposite which one does not have to try convulsively to steal them also due to smell the show.

Now the perfect occasion has been found for Dylan Blue, and the bottle empties itself well-behaved. I would like to warmly recommend it to all those who either want to own only one or a few fragrances, don't want to burn their purse through, or don't feel the urge to smell especially special. As a similar alternative, Dior Sauvage EdT, the personal preference test her best even in direct comparison from :)
5.0 7.0 8.0 9.5/10

Super fragrance!
i tried the scent based on a recommendation and bought it immediately. Find the fragrance absolutely great. Super summery, fresh and yet a bit different than any x shower gel fragrance. I don't think there's much you can do wrong with the scent. I've already received some compliments, an absolute no-brainer
8.0 8.0 8.0 10.0/10

The Sexy Fresh Fragrance
On recommendation of Jeremy Fragrance I bought the Versace Dylan Blue "blind". I thought at 40€ for 50 ml you can't do much wrong.

After spraying on my neck I thought to myself: hm, how is everything supposed to be? Somehow boring, this fragrance smells like a fresh shower and very much like a citrus fruit. If it smells like a fresh shower then I don't need a scent, then showering is enough, I thought, but after about 1 hour I get the really seductive scent which I can never get enough of. This slightly sweet note comes into the foreground, the citric note goes into the background, but is still clearly perceptible.

This fine sweetish note no idea whether the incense, musk, saffron or the combination of all 3 fragrances is, something smells very good and extremely good, so good that it already seduces women and I am addicted to this fragrance. This fragrance also makes you look better groomed and cleaner. Every time I perceive this light sweetness, I feel fine. So the horniest fragrance I know so far.

The projection of this fragrance is above average for a fresh fragrance. 2-3 splashes are perfectly sufficient. The shelf life on my skin is loosely 6 hours, also for this of me a good evaluation. All in one a top fragrance for any occasion applicable no matter what season with an unbeatable price-performance ratio.

Thanks to you Jeremy if you read this I have found this great fragrance thanks to you, I celebrate you fully, I don't care what others here write about you for me you have great taste as for fragrances.

Blue champion
The best shower gell fragnance on the market.
If you like Blue de chanel, dior sauvage or aqua di gio prufomo and want more uniqueness while smelling like a bith of those at the same time get this.
This is the best parts from both fragnances done up in a classier bottle and at a fair price.
I have quickly put this fragnance at the top of my all year all around ultra versatile masculine fragnances. Because it is easy to use for all ocassions.
It is amazing, I love it nd it gives me confidence.
This is a perfect signature scent and you can not go wrong with this scent.
If I only could keep 1 cologne out of my small collection this would be it.

Versace Dylan Blue
This fragrance reminds me of this when you take John Varvatos' (2004) John Varvatos, a complex, much-described John Varvatos, and mix it in a cocktail shaker with "aquatic" notes. It has the light opening of your standard aquatic animals, but this fig note - which reminds me of the Medjool date note by John Varvatos - gives it a thick, sweet undercurrent. With a heavy, woody frankincense sweetness on one side and light aquatic notes on the other, the fragrance doesn't mix so much because it feels like two different fragrances are layered on top of each other. It's not bad, but it smells a little outdated.
7.0 9.0 9.0 9.0/10

It took a few tries...
... but once it hit me GOOD, I was hooked. Personally I don’t get the Sauvage vibe, but it IS very similar to Bleu de Chanel edt after the opening settles; it’s just a pinch “louder” in the notes they share, and maybe it’s not quite as “dark” a scent. A “brighter” shade of blue? Perhaps, but it does have a spirit of it’s own, and I actually prefer the vibe it gives; it’s a more “playful” feel, one that exudes a confidence that shines. I’m very happy I made this purchase. We’ll see how he shines at work in the morning.

Johz
Just another shower gel scent?
Shower gel scent. You read that a lot around here. The similarities in this 'description' to Bleu de Chanel and Dior Sauvage can be recognized, but are still something completely independent, I think. I'm going to stand a little alone with this, but my head won't accept it. That's a little exaggerated, of course, but that's the way I feel about it. Like the other 2 fragrances mentioned above, Dylan Blue is also very mass appealing and you might think you've smelled it somewhere before. However, after a mature test, but also since the first test, I notice that our scent here from Versace is more. It is louder and more conspicuous by the ambroxan, the slightly peppery note and the subliminal incense simply make it in my eyes something special, probably more than it is. This is accompanied by the freshness of the aquatic notes and the bergamot. This reads a bit like a mash-up of everything that has worked before, and yet it is something new and good for me, because what should be wrong with holding on to something good and developing it further? I have received good feedback for this fragrance throughout and probably like it, but not exclusively because of it. You could call it a day-one fragrance, because I liked it from the first sniff and it convinced me. But as I said, in my eyes he was and is more than just the next in the line of shower fragrances.
7.0 8.0 7.0 8.5/10

Norleans
Strong freshness, macnhmal even too strong
A few years ago I bought this one in passing at the turquoise D. Dran sniffed it, found it good and took it with me. It was my everyday fragrance for the office, at least in the warm months.
Both refreshing, and somehow exhilarating, I liked to have that on me for quite a while.

But at some point I missed a certain depth in the freshness, sometimes this "high" freshness almost caused headaches in me. At that time I didn't know parfumo.de and the souk yet, so my wife sold it at the flea market for a few Euros. I haven't actually missed him since.
What I remember: The "atomizer" did not atomize, but almost spit out a jet, so that you had to aim quite well in the morning :-)
8.0 7.0 8.0 8.0/10

The Crowed Pleaser
I already liked the ladies version - but also the homme meets my taste.

Wear my husband scents, I would like to hear this friendly turned towards scent at him.

But fortunately, in my "Herrenkränzchen" there are many grateful scent consumers.

Despite his uncomplicated appearance Dylan is quite multi-faceted.

The start is fresh and aquatic - lightly seasoned with pepper and patch.
The Veichen leaf gives depth - but is not bitter.
Saffron is a noble addition, but the fragrance remains casual thanks to soft Tonka.
The frankincense finish is even a little mysterious.

A good gift scent that neither tickles nor bores.

I think it fits best to my brother-in-law - who is rational as an engineer - and emotional as a hobby artist - creative.

Because Dylan manages this balancing act between ratio and feeling easily.

A real Crowed Pleaser.

Compliments-Getter for everyday life
I had already decided in the summer for the Dylan Blue only I didn't get to describe it yet. At that time he was always my choice between the ADG Profumo. I like fragrances that are different from many others and independent. Had preferred the ADG but noticed me the Dylan until I got him too. So that's the story of the acquisition ;)
Now for the fragrance itself. He smells sticking out. Start a little citrical. One recognizes very well the grapefruit and bergamot. But smell directly some patchouli which together makes a nice fresh one.
A little pepper (unfortunately a little too little for my taste) is added at the end with plenty of musk. Therefore it smells a bit warmer but does not leave the fresh one at all. A great fragrance for everyday life. For sports, for going out in the evening or in the office as well as in summer and winter.
The scent lasts about 6 hours, after which it softly disappears but only after 10 hours is it almost completely gone. A little tip for celebrating in the evening: overdose a little bit. One falls then well on works however in no way disturbing. My friends take it was good and I have already received many compliments on it. They didn't ask what the fragrance was but a "you smell good" always came.
The bottle looks great. Deep blue and gold. The company logo in the middle with the Medusa head stands out. Well done...
The fragrance may resemble some BDC and Sauvage. However, they differ greatly from each other and I find him unique on his own. Above all Ü20 and experienced men will feel addressed here. As a fragrance clone not at all, but if you like BDC and Sauvage you'll like it too.

So Blue for Dylan
SOTD: 12/11/18

Purchased the 200ml of this fragrance, on the recommendation of Jeremy's Fragrance. To my nose I like the scent is more pleasing than Dior Sauvage. It is versatile but to me is more of a spring and summer scent. Majority of the time is my somewhat dumb reach and longevity/performance is not issue on my skin I get around 10-12+ hrs.

Scent: 8/10
Presentation/Design: 7.5/10
Longevity/Performance: on my skin I get around 10-12+ hrs: 9/10
Overall: 8/10
8.0 8.0 8.0 7.0/10

Farneon
Delicious scented soup with two hairs in it! ;-)
Actually, this fragrance should be made like for me: fresh, aquatic, citric and yet with unmistakable charisma and own character. The gold on the bottle already indicates that you can expect more than just freshness, e.g. a noble spiciness and high-quality flavours. All created by Alberto Morillas, an experienced perfumer of undignified rank. I also like to smell simple Versace pour Homme despite its rather low complexity.

And then there is Bleu de Chanel, one of my "favourite scents of always going", to which Dylan Blue is so often compared here. However, I can only partially understand this comparison. Except that both EDTs go in the same rough direction, they are very different in my nose. But if I remember Dior's Sauvage correctly (I only tested it myself), I would draw much more parallels. This is mainly due to a special fragrance that I cannot specify in more detail. But a note that didn't bother me so much about Sauvage that I decided against buying it. Could be something resinous or oceanic, I don't know exactly.

Despite its excellent shelf life and good silage, the salty taste of Dylan Blue is also a "thorn in my olfactory organ", so to speak, after about half an hour. Salt excretes my skin when sweating enough! ;-) Therefore, despite excellent basic conditions and the associated anticipation as well as a comparatively fair price, I only rate the fragrance with 2 to 3+.

Arman038 12 days ago
Perfect for the summer. Smells like adg profumo for younger guys, but still mature enough for adults
Millander 55 days ago
Nice masculine scent with similar vein like Luna Rossa Carbon which at first much better but on my skin falls apart. Dylan stays the same.
Amazon1975 98 days ago
A man for all seasons....won't let you down.....it's just a bit dull
AmberScent 131 days ago
After more than a couple of years after beibg launched, it remains in my top 3 blue perfumes of reference. Recommended!+3
Carlitos01 18 months ago
Versatility - monstruous
Performance - above average for the listed notes
Perfect for all the seasons, all situations, either day or night+5
9.0
Akunin 23 months ago
Really safe blind buy, u cant go wrong with this one.+3
IanFriedrich 3 years ago
Test it few times at Sephora. Still, the scent is not special for me & sad on the longevity is weak.+2
Syzygy73 3 years ago

by Mathias86
by Helge
by Helge

Popular Versace

Versace pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Gianni Versace (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Versace L'Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Versus Uomo (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Versense by Versace The Dreamer (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Versace pour Homme Oud Noir by Versace Versace Man Eau Fraîche (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Blonde (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Eros (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Versace pour Femme Oud Oriental by Versace Versace Man (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Crystal Noir (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Eros Flame by Versace Versace Woman by Versace Blue Jeans by Versace V'E Versace (Eau de Parfum) by Versace Vanitas (Eau de Parfum) by Versace Versace pour Femme Dylan Blue by Versace Couture Tuberose by Versace