Versace pour Homme Oud Noir 2013

Versace pour Homme Oud Noir by Versace
Versace pour Homme Oud Noir is a popular perfume by Versace for men and was released in 2013. The scent is woody-spicy. It is being marketed by EuroItalia.

Top Notes Top NotesBitter orange, Neroli, Pepper
Heart Notes Heart NotesCardamom, Saffron, Frankincense
Base Notes Base NotesOud, Patchouli, Leatherwood

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 08.04.2021.

Chrisniburg
The dark changeable orange scent
I can understand how that scent might arouse the spirits. This in a positive as well as a negative sense. At the beginning the scent opens a little bit, you could say, pungently. Here the oud is clearly in the foreground. If you don't know what to do with it, you will quickly put this fragrance aside. Over time, and I find this interesting, a sweetness develops that doesn't drift into the feminine. What I find interesting is that there's something vanilla-like about this fragrance, even if it's faint in the background. Towards the end, there's a hint of orange.

I think the fragrance is good to wear in autumn/winter even in daily life. It appears masculine and dark. I think it's good, but I also had to "smell it" first
My recommendation: Order a sample and try it over time if you don't want to accept the price, which is reasonable for oud conditions.
Versace goes All Black
I had my first direct encounter with Oud Noir on a shopping tour with my girlfriend. You have to say that we already smelled several scents that day. However, none of them could fully convince her, as she is very picky about men's fragrances. When she made the discovery and presented Versace Oud Noir to me, I suddenly remembered several YT reviews, which always brought this one into play as a cheaper Oud Wood Alternative.

With some scepticism and at the same time anticipation, I applied it directly to my hand and was positively surprised! The opening smells really very mysterious and attractive. Shortly afterwards I was already thinking about what this scent could be a good match for
There are several ways to select fragrances. On the one hand the season or time of day, on the other hand for certain occasions or clothing. Concerning the clothes in particular, I always think of leather jacket, black jeans and boots. Due to the oud, saffron but also cardamom, it has an animalic but also seductive note, which again increases the effect of the clothes and the wearer. From my point of view oud noir fits perfectly to evening activities like bar and restaurant visits but also to similar social occasions in the autumn & winter season.

In order to draw a final comparison to Oud Wood. The Versace is clearly a fragrance for private evening occasions, as it is more seductive. Oud Wood, on the other hand, is fresher and not quite as dark and dirty, which makes it more versatile. In terms of performance, it has a good but not outstanding durability. Here I can only recommend everyone to place an additional 1-2 sprayers on their clothes, which helps the scent and thus increases the effect. I am a bit disappointed about the Sillage, because the projection for such promising scents is rather moderate.

Nevertheless, Oud Noir is my favorite Versace fragrance next to Dylan Blue, which also shows that this house has a good hand when it comes to affordable and good perfumes in the designer segment
Love at first sight
I really wanted an oud smell in my collection. Tom Ford is too expensive for me right now. So after watching some videos on Youtube I decided to go to a perfumery sometime and try some oud scents. After that I searched here at Parfumo for the Dylan Blue to see the scents. Scroll down and ZACK! There he is! The Versace Oud Noir. I thought to myself: Wicked! An oud smell of my favourite brand. I bought it blind. Like a little kid I took the scent out and sprayed it on my wrist. FELLOWED! This smell is so good! It's a perfect blend! You can smell the oud but it's not annoying Perfect blend of : Freshness, light sweetness, oriental and the oud.
What was it that Alberto Morillas developed for a blatant scent? Enough praise in the sky. Unfortunately the shelf life is average, Sillage is quite ok and I like the bottle very much. I like the black transition on the glass and the golden one fits perfectly.
Absolute purchase recommendation!
Price-performance ratio a 9/10

Smellavision
High class woody-leathery designer oud fragrance...
When I first heard of the comparisons to Versace Man, I was very doubtful, as I own and love Man and could not get into my head how an oud-based scent could be similar to a saffron-based scent. Now that I've owned it for some time I must say it is very similar to Man, but with deeper and more fullfilled notes. More oud than saffron, and somehow seems more exclusive. The oud is slightly synthetic, sweet and westernized, so that it won't come across as anything "rotten" - so glad they didn't mix any rose into this one.

The scent itself is spicy, warm and boozy and after a couple of hours it dries down to a great leathery and woody base with hints of cardamom and pepper.
Sillage and longevity are average (while my Versace Man is bordering on nuclear) but maybe this could be due to the fact that it is EdP strength ?? Anyway, I see no reason to own it as long as I have Man, but most probably this is the one that will take over after my discontinued Man is empty - at that time I reckon the price of Oud Noir will be identical to Versace Man of today.

Definitely one of the best male releases from Versace in the last ten years.
Rorobin
A walk across the orange field with an incense candle in your hand
This fragrance is the perfect introduction to the world of oud for me. After several tests with the Tom Ford Oud Wood, I was looking for an alternative that offers a little more depth and ideally is even cheaper. I found both together with the Versace Oud Noir!
The opening is similar to that of the Tom Ford Oud Wood, nice peppery and partly a medical oud smell. But the top note fades relatively fast after 15-20 minutes.

The heart note is the highlight of this fragrance. It smells deliciously fruity of juicy orange with a blend of incense and light oud wood. So for me it's not a twin of the Tom Ford Oud Wood, as it never gives off fruity notes. The sillage is not strong, but average. The fragrance releases its heart note well over 3-4 hours before it gets close to the skin.

The base note then fades away dark and woody, a mixture of incense and a slight oud smell.

Unfortunately, just like the Tom Ford Oud Wood, the scent does not last very long. After 5-6 hours the (scent)fun is already over.

For me it is nevertheless a great oud beginner's fragrance and as an alternative to the Tom Ford Oud Wood it is worth a try due to its fruity heart note!

Rquill67
Bitter Orange and Neroli make this Oud fragrance stand out from the rest!
Versace Pour Home Oud Noir is a beautiful fall and winter fragrance. The opening is amazing, and the dry-down is even better. This has the same DNA as Versace Man but with a splash of Oud. I say "splash" because on my skin I can't smell a lot of oud. I enjoy Arabian oud, so the oud in this fragrance is definitely synthetic, and not as loud as a middle-eastern fragrance. But it's lovely, warm, balsamic, sweet, woody, dark and well-blended. It's a twist on oud with the addition of bitter orange and neroli (which is different than most oud fragrances that depend upon rose). There is no rose in this fragrance and it's definitely a unisex fragrance. I give this a 10 / 10 and glad to add this to my fragrance collection!
Mysterious, unfortunately underrated, (designer) oud by Versace
Over the years, as I gradually developed into a true perfume enthusiast, I inevitably came across the ingredient "Oud", which can be found at least once in almost every perfume portfolio of every perfume-producing brand today More and more I was concerned with that ingredient that is loved by some and hated by others; to me it seemed worthy of a glance or a snoop. As a result, I didn't have the "courage" to buy a (designer) fragrance with "Oud" in its name, and certainly not an expensive one from any niche perfumer.
So I made my way to the nearest department store, and what did I see?
The designer scent "Versace pour Homme Oud Noir", which I sprayed directly onto a test strip and which I liked more than the first time I sniffed it and also later on - but for the UVP of 120€. I was not willing to pay this price, so I went home disappointed about the "not buying", but then I bought it with all the more joy and enthusiasm for less than half (under 60€ as a rule) from the biggest online perfume dealer in Europe.

But now from the background story to the fragrance itself:
I perceive the opening as one marked by a spicy and peppery bitter orange. The neroli also contributes to this and gives the opening some freshness, whereby I especially smell the pepper and the bitter orange. Within about 5 minutes the top note disappears and merges - in my opinion a bit too choppy - into the heart note; the moment of transition is very short.
The heart is first of all shaped by saffron and then especially by a sweet incense - I love it (!) - I do not perceive cardamom personally. In my experience, incense is more likely to be perceived at a distance, and saffron is more likely to be perceived at close proximity to the skin. Through the present male sweetness (of the incense) this Versace fragrance slowly but steadily becomes warmer and more oriental, the incense, which I perceive until the end, makes him by its mysterious, smoky resinous, but also slightly sweet, effect to a "noir".
And the oud? This is present from the beginning, but only slightly at first, and becomes stronger in the heart in combination with the incense. But it only really unfolds in the drydown. It gives the "Oud Noir" something mysterious, and together with patchouli and the Tasmanian false elm, also known as "Leatherwood", it forms a base that gives the perfume depth all around and a pleasant warmth and mystique to the skin even after hours.
In my opinion a very successful, woody and smoky oriental, in which the sweet incense interacts very well with the oud - here suitable for the masses - and thanks to the saffron also gets a certain spice.
For this reason, I give the fragrance 9 points, half a point because of the choppy / disharmonious transition between the head and heart notes, and another half point because of the oud, which could have been a little bit, but not much, stronger.

The oud itself I do not feel as animalistic or faecal, it rather goes into the medical direction and appears "noir" and woody and smoky, although it is also not, as mentioned, THE main theme of the fragrance.
For this reason, I recommend "Versace Pour Homme Oud Noir" at this point especially to those who are looking for a mass produced and not too extravagant oud fragrance and to those who want to enter the "world of oud" and are looking for a very good and more than affordable oud entry fragrance.

The durability and the silage get 7 points each from me, because the scent projects on my skin 1 and on the clothing 2 hours over one meter and lasts / is perceptible on my skin 7 and on the clothing 10 hours. This could be a bit stronger in my eyes, because I usually spray three times and it is still an eau de parfum and not an eau de toilette. The performance could be stronger, while still being (more than) good.

While I'm already spraying: the bottle gets a smooth 10 from me! The bottle is heavy and the glass is thick and beautifully shaped. The glass is also beautifully colored in one transition: black at the bottom and transparent at the top, with the golden Versace logo in the middle. The typical Versace Medusa is also engraved on the cap and on the sprayer. All in all, a (high-quality) black flacon with golden accents and lots of details, what more could you want?!

In summary, a masculine, mysterious, seductive and all around harmonious oud scent, which can and will satisfy both the beginner and the experienced!
The oud is rather subdued, but is still perceptible and characterizes the fragrance especially with the - in my case 3-4 hours lasting - heart note of strong, sweet incense and rather weaker, spicy saffron.
This Oriental should be worn preferably in autumn and winter because of its warmth, heaviness and sweetness and is suitable for every occasion, but especially for going out and cold evenings and nights.
I received compliments from both sexes, but more from the women - and plenty of them, as long as I did not overdo it with the dosage; 3 shots are quite sufficient.

The price or the price-performance ratio is, I think, more than given and for about 60€/100 ml also affordable for everyone. And to briefly mention the many comparisons with Tom Ford's Oud Wood: a certain similarity between the two fragrances is not to be denied, but I don't consider the Oud Noir to be a twin fragrance, let alone a (cheap) copy! They go the same oriental way, but the Versace is more masculine and, due to the incense and saffron, more smoky and slightly spicy, whereas the Oud Wood takes the woody way and smells more complex and expensive in itself - but whether it's worth the extra price is up to everyone, for me Oud Noir is a more than worthy Oud Wood "substitute" that "does its own thing" and, for the reasons mentioned above, is in my eyes one of the best affordable designerouds, if not the best!

Entry-level oud beauty
Easy wearable oud, very Italian, very sexy. I like what Versace did here, sweet opening overshadows medical notes of oud and smokiness of frankincense.

Sometimes you can think of it as a unisex scent, for sure have something feminine in it, but by no means it not masculine if it makes any sense. If only parameters would be better, otherwise I recommend more sprays than usual.

I don't understand comparisons to TF Oud Wood as for me those are two different types of perfumes

Fun fact: I received complements that it smells great from a distance, but from the skin, it is too smokey
Volker1964
Nice, modern fragrance from the noble house of Versace
Versace Oud Noir is often seen as the "fragrance twin" of Tom Ford Oud Wood. They already have similarities, but also differences. If you like Tom Ford, fine. If you like Versace, that's fine, too. I can be friends with both scents On the subject of Oud Noir:
Top note
Already somewhat fresh and light pleasant spice. Pepper rather mild, at best discreetly spicy. Pleasant start.
Not exaggerated.
Heart note
Here the freshness becomes slightly less. Pleasant smoke aroma is added. The smoke is woody/decent sweetish. The spice becomes stronger, but remains pleasant. Very balanced. Pleasant overall.
Base
Now Oud is coming out. More on support. Does not push itself into the foreground. Smells very pleasant. Very balanced and pleasant overall.
Conclusion
If you like oud very much, if you are looking for a fragrance with a focus on oud, you can look towards oriental fragrances. There are some nice oud scents in there. For example Ard Al Zaafaran Midnight Oud or Lattafa Opulent Oud. Information can be found here in the forum. Oud Noir certainly contains oud, smells also very pleasant, but more in the background. Oud Noir has more emphasis in the notes wood, smoke, spice and freshness. Add a touch of oud to round off the very good overall impression.
Testing mMn is worthwhile in any case. It is a fragrance for the cooler days, I think for every age of a gentleman. I wear it in my free time, sometimes to work. Focus on leisure. One notes his origin (Versace). Very valuable. It lasts a good eight hours with me.
The Badboy in the suit
First smell: Wow, I don't smell anything!
Second richen: Still nothing...
Third smell: Aha, there's something!
Fourth smell: Oh, it unfolds slowly...
Fifth time smell: Oh shit, a horny smell!

This fragrance is confusing at first, because it only unfolds really well after 1 week or longer. One (n) must understand this fragrance to know why it unfolds so slowly. We have a mild oud, a mild cardamom and a mild frankincense in this perfume, which means it's not up in your nose perfume, as they often say in English... Why do I deliberately mention these three notes? Because it seems to me that these three notes are most dominant in the drydown and also afterwards in the base. Maybe I'm wrong here, but hey, every nose is different! Who does this fragrance suit? It says in the title... It is a formulaic fragrance, which means for situations like black tie or business atire. Not casual at all!
What age should you be for this perfume? I always say that the age is shit doesn't matter because it always depends on the people, nevertheless if I have to give a recommendation, then you should be at least 21 years old, because it is a very adult and mature smell. It is the absolute opposite of playful and extroverted. He is mysterious, introverted, unobtrusive, sexy and elegant at the same time.
For which situations is it suitable apart from the above-mentioned?
He's good for dating!
What time of year? Autumn and winter, because the scent then blooms perfectly.
How many splashes?
For business atire: 6 splashes
Black tie: 4 splashes
Dates: 3 splashes

Remember, the scent is mild even though it's an EDP! If you're horny for compliments, you should definitely use enough splashes. There are also here in this community the shy guys and men who say: Oh what, more than 2 splashes, that's too much! My answer: Yes and no, you know-it-alls. What's the matter with you? It depends on the concentration of the fragrance, on the notes and on the season. That means Black Afgano will give you 1 splash on your chest for the whole day, while Bvlgari aqua amara for example will give you 4 splashes and probably more.

Thanks for reading!

Carlitos01Carlitos01 3 years ago
Oud Noir is affordable for a good T. F. Oud Wood type of scent; Oud and Incense notes are fantastic although performance is just acceptable.

by AromaX
by AromaX
Glow in the black night...
by VanAllan
by Prophetfive
by Runomilano
by Runomilano

Popular Versace

Versace pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Versace pour Homme Dylan Blue (Eau de Toilette) by Versace The Dreamer (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Versace L'Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Versense by Versace Gianni Versace (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Eros (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Versus Uomo (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Versace Man Eau Fraîche (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Crystal Noir (Eau de Parfum) by Versace Blonde (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Eros (Eau de Parfum) by Versace Eros Flame by Versace Versace Man (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Versace pour Femme Oud Oriental by Versace Crystal Noir (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Blue Jeans by Versace Versace Woman by Versace V'E Versace (Eau de Parfum) by Versace Versace pour Femme Dylan Blue by Versace