Versace pour Homme Oud Noir 2013

Versace pour Homme Oud Noir by Versace
Versace pour Homme Oud Noir is a popular perfume by Versace for men and was released in 2013. The scent is woody-spicy. It is being marketed by EuroItalia.

Top Notes Top NotesBitter orangeBitter orange NeroliNeroli PepperPepper
Heart Notes Heart NotesCardamomCardamom SaffronSaffron FrankincenseFrankincense
Base Notes Base NotesOudOud PatchouliPatchouli LeatherwoodLeatherwood

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 04.05.2022.

5.5

Pouyathelad
Classy oriental scent, with some sort of a creamy vibe to it.

Is it an artistic scent of Oud? Definitely not. Versace Oud Noir is a mass-appealing attemp to attract your attention, but eventually, it wouldn’t even peak the curiosity of the oud freaks. Apart from that, it’s not a bad fragrance at all.

Oud Noir is something to add to your collection for the colder nights of the year, when you’re going with your formal outfit, in a rather cold autumn night.

If only it performed better and lasted longer!
JackRH
For me - THE evening fragrance.
In the venture to approach the fragrance oud, I (also as a great Versace lover) came across Versace Oud Noir.

I have to say that I wasn't really taken with it at very first; I thought oud just wasn't really mine. However, the more I applied and wear the fragrance thanks to a sample, the more the habituation set in and the greater the fascination.

Whenever it is now approaching the evening and early evening hours, I am already downright happy to be able to apply the fragrance. So much I have made friends with him.

In my opinion, the fragrance just does everything right for such a use. It's not too heavy, but still nice and deep and pleasantly smoky and peppery, well balanced by the fruitiness of the bitter orange and neroli.

Especially in the current evening warmth and twilight, he just gives me a real feel-good feeling, which I would not want to miss more.

Durability is so about the 5-6 hours on the skin, where the sillage is rather moderate. Could of course everything like to be more, but in itself not too tragic. What he represents and what I like him for, he does excellently well.

I'm clearly a fan, maybe you will be too!:)
Chrisniburg
The dark changeable orange scent
I can understand how that scent might arouse the spirits. This in a positive as well as a negative sense. At the beginning the scent opens a little bit, you could say, pungently. Here the oud is clearly in the foreground. If you don't know what to do with it, you will quickly put this fragrance aside. Over time, and I find this interesting, a sweetness develops that doesn't drift into the feminine. What I find interesting is that there's something vanilla-like about this fragrance, even if it's faint in the background. Towards the end, there's a hint of orange.

I think the fragrance is good to wear in autumn/winter even in daily life. It appears masculine and dark. I think it's good, but I also had to "smell it" first
My recommendation: Order a sample and try it over time if you don't want to accept the price, which is reasonable for oud conditions.
Versace goes All Black
I had my first direct encounter with Oud Noir on a shopping tour with my girlfriend. You have to say that we already smelled several scents that day. However, none of them could fully convince her, as she is very picky about men's fragrances. When she made the discovery and presented Versace Oud Noir to me, I suddenly remembered several YT reviews, which always brought this one into play as a cheaper Oud Wood Alternative.

With some scepticism and at the same time anticipation, I applied it directly to my hand and was positively surprised! The opening smells really very mysterious and attractive. Shortly afterwards I was already thinking about what this scent could be a good match for
There are several ways to select fragrances. On the one hand the season or time of day, on the other hand for certain occasions or clothing. Concerning the clothes in particular, I always think of leather jacket, black jeans and boots. Due to the oud, saffron but also cardamom, it has an animalic but also seductive note, which again increases the effect of the clothes and the wearer. From my point of view oud noir fits perfectly to evening activities like bar and restaurant visits but also to similar social occasions in the autumn & winter season.

In order to draw a final comparison to Oud Wood. The Versace is clearly a fragrance for private evening occasions, as it is more seductive. Oud Wood, on the other hand, is fresher and not quite as dark and dirty, which makes it more versatile. In terms of performance, it has a good but not outstanding durability. Here I can only recommend everyone to place an additional 1-2 sprayers on their clothes, which helps the scent and thus increases the effect. I am a bit disappointed about the Sillage, because the projection for such promising scents is rather moderate.

Nevertheless, Oud Noir is my favorite Versace fragrance next to Dylan Blue, which also shows that this house has a good hand when it comes to affordable and good perfumes in the designer segment
Love at first sight
I really wanted an oud smell in my collection. Tom Ford is too expensive for me right now. So after watching some videos on Youtube I decided to go to a perfumery sometime and try some oud scents. After that I searched here at Parfumo for the Dylan Blue to see the scents. Scroll down and ZACK! There he is! The Versace Oud Noir. I thought to myself: Wicked! An oud smell of my favourite brand. I bought it blind. Like a little kid I took the scent out and sprayed it on my wrist. FELLOWED! This smell is so good! It's a perfect blend! You can smell the oud but it's not annoying Perfect blend of : Freshness, light sweetness, oriental and the oud.
What was it that Alberto Morillas developed for a blatant scent? Enough praise in the sky. Unfortunately the shelf life is average, Sillage is quite ok and I like the bottle very much. I like the black transition on the glass and the golden one fits perfectly.
Absolute purchase recommendation!
Price-performance ratio a 9/10

Smellavision
High class woody-leathery designer oud fragrance...
When I first heard of the comparisons to Versace Man, I was very doubtful, as I own and love Man and could not get into my head how an oud-based scent could be similar to a saffron-based scent. Now that I've owned it for some time I must say it is very similar to Man, but with deeper and more fullfilled notes. More oud than saffron, and somehow seems more exclusive. The oud is slightly synthetic, sweet and westernized, so that it won't come across as anything "rotten" - so glad they didn't mix any rose into this one.

The scent itself is spicy, warm and boozy and after a couple of hours it dries down to a great leathery and woody base with hints of cardamom and pepper.
Sillage and longevity are average (while my Versace Man is bordering on nuclear) but maybe this could be due to the fact that it is EdP strength ?? Anyway, I see no reason to own it as long as I have Man, but most probably this is the one that will take over after my discontinued Man is empty - at that time I reckon the price of Oud Noir will be identical to Versace Man of today.

Definitely one of the best male releases from Versace in the last ten years.
Rorobin
A walk across the orange field with an incense candle in your hand
This fragrance is the perfect introduction to the world of oud for me. After several tests with the Tom Ford Oud Wood, I was looking for an alternative that offers a little more depth and ideally is even cheaper. I found both together with the Versace Oud Noir!
The opening is similar to that of the Tom Ford Oud Wood, nice peppery and partly a medical oud smell. But the top note fades relatively fast after 15-20 minutes.

The heart note is the highlight of this fragrance. It smells deliciously fruity of juicy orange with a blend of incense and light oud wood. So for me it's not a twin of the Tom Ford Oud Wood, as it never gives off fruity notes. The sillage is not strong, but average. The fragrance releases its heart note well over 3-4 hours before it gets close to the skin.

The base note then fades away dark and woody, a mixture of incense and a slight oud smell.

Unfortunately, just like the Tom Ford Oud Wood, the scent does not last very long. After 5-6 hours the (scent)fun is already over.

For me it is nevertheless a great oud beginner's fragrance and as an alternative to the Tom Ford Oud Wood it is worth a try due to its fruity heart note!

Rquill67
Bitter Orange and Neroli make this Oud fragrance stand out from the rest!
Versace Pour Home Oud Noir is a beautiful fall and winter fragrance. The opening is amazing, and the dry-down is even better. This has the same DNA as Versace Man but with a splash of Oud. I say "splash" because on my skin I can't smell a lot of oud. I enjoy Arabian oud, so the oud in this fragrance is definitely synthetic, and not as loud as a middle-eastern fragrance. But it's lovely, warm, balsamic, sweet, woody, dark and well-blended. It's a twist on oud with the addition of bitter orange and neroli (which is different than most oud fragrances that depend upon rose). There is no rose in this fragrance and it's definitely a unisex fragrance. I give this a 10 / 10 and glad to add this to my fragrance collection!
Mysterious, unfortunately underrated, (designer) oud by Versace
Over the years, as I gradually developed into a true perfume enthusiast, I inevitably came across the ingredient "Oud", which can be found at least once in almost every perfume portfolio of every perfume-producing brand today More and more I was concerned with that ingredient that is loved by some and hated by others; to me it seemed worthy of a glance or a snoop. As a result, I didn't have the "courage" to buy a (designer) fragrance with "Oud" in its name, and certainly not an expensive one from any niche perfumer.
So I made my way to the nearest department store, and what did I see?
The designer scent "Versace pour Homme Oud Noir", which I sprayed directly onto a test strip and which I liked more than the first time I sniffed it and also later on - but for the UVP of 120€. I was not willing to pay this price, so I went home disappointed about the "not buying", but then I bought it with all the more joy and enthusiasm for less than half (under 60€ as a rule) from the biggest online perfume dealer in Europe.

But now from the background story to the fragrance itself:
I perceive the opening as one marked by a spicy and peppery bitter orange. The neroli also contributes to this and gives the opening some freshness, whereby I especially smell the pepper and the bitter orange. Within about 5 minutes the top note disappears and merges - in my opinion a bit too choppy - into the heart note; the moment of transition is very short.
The heart is first of all shaped by saffron and then especially by a sweet incense - I love it (!) - I do not perceive cardamom personally. In my experience, incense is more likely to be perceived at a distance, and saffron is more likely to be perceived at close proximity to the skin. Through the present male sweetness (of the incense) this Versace fragrance slowly but steadily becomes warmer and more oriental, the incense, which I perceive until the end, makes him by its mysterious, smoky resinous, but also slightly sweet, effect to a "noir".
And the oud? This is present from the beginning, but only slightly at first, and becomes stronger in the heart in combination with the incense. But it only really unfolds in the drydown. It gives the "Oud Noir" something mysterious, and together with patchouli and the Tasmanian false elm, also known as "Leatherwood", it forms a base that gives the perfume depth all around and a pleasant warmth and mystique to the skin even after hours.
In my opinion a very successful, woody and smoky oriental, in which the sweet incense interacts very well with the oud - here suitable for the masses - and thanks to the saffron also gets a certain spice.
For this reason, I give the fragrance 9 points, half a point because of the choppy / disharmonious transition between the head and heart notes, and another half point because of the oud, which could have been a little bit, but not much, stronger.

The oud itself I do not feel as animalistic or faecal, it rather goes into the medical direction and appears "noir" and woody and smoky, although it is also not, as mentioned, THE main theme of the fragrance.
For this reason, I recommend "Versace Pour Homme Oud Noir" at this point especially to those who are looking for a mass produced and not too extravagant oud fragrance and to those who want to enter the "world of oud" and are looking for a very good and more than affordable oud entry fragrance.

The durability and the silage get 7 points each from me, because the scent projects on my skin 1 and on the clothing 2 hours over one meter and lasts / is perceptible on my skin 7 and on the clothing 10 hours. This could be a bit stronger in my eyes, because I usually spray three times and it is still an eau de parfum and not an eau de toilette. The performance could be stronger, while still being (more than) good.

While I'm already spraying: the bottle gets a smooth 10 from me! The bottle is heavy and the glass is thick and beautifully shaped. The glass is also beautifully colored in one transition: black at the bottom and transparent at the top, with the golden Versace logo in the middle. The typical Versace Medusa is also engraved on the cap and on the sprayer. All in all, a (high-quality) black flacon with golden accents and lots of details, what more could you want?!

In summary, a masculine, mysterious, seductive and all around harmonious oud scent, which can and will satisfy both the beginner and the experienced!
The oud is rather subdued, but is still perceptible and characterizes the fragrance especially with the - in my case 3-4 hours lasting - heart note of strong, sweet incense and rather weaker, spicy saffron.
This Oriental should be worn preferably in autumn and winter because of its warmth, heaviness and sweetness and is suitable for every occasion, but especially for going out and cold evenings and nights.
I received compliments from both sexes, but more from the women - and plenty of them, as long as I did not overdo it with the dosage; 3 shots are quite sufficient.

The price or the price-performance ratio is, I think, more than given and for about 60€/100 ml also affordable for everyone. And to briefly mention the many comparisons with Tom Ford's Oud Wood: a certain similarity between the two fragrances is not to be denied, but I don't consider the Oud Noir to be a twin fragrance, let alone a (cheap) copy! They go the same oriental way, but the Versace is more masculine and, due to the incense and saffron, more smoky and slightly spicy, whereas the Oud Wood takes the woody way and smells more complex and expensive in itself - but whether it's worth the extra price is up to everyone, for me Oud Noir is a more than worthy Oud Wood "substitute" that "does its own thing" and, for the reasons mentioned above, is in my eyes one of the best affordable designerouds, if not the best!

Entry-level oud beauty
Easy wearable oud, very Italian, very sexy. I like what Versace did here, sweet opening overshadows medical notes of oud and smokiness of frankincense.

Sometimes you can think of it as a unisex scent, for sure have something feminine in it, but by no means it not masculine if it makes any sense. If only parameters would be better, otherwise I recommend more sprays than usual.

I don't understand comparisons to TF Oud Wood as for me those are two different types of perfumes

Fun fact: I received complements that it smells great from a distance, but from the skin, it is too smokey

PauloViegasPauloViegas 5 months ago
Somewhere, there is a man in a black turtleneck, dark jeans and leather chelsea boots planning to murder you.
He smells like this.
Carlitos01Carlitos01 4 years ago
Oud Noir is affordable for a good T. F. Oud Wood type of scent; Oud and Incense notes are fantastic although performance is just acceptable.

Glow in the black night...
by VanAllan
by Runomilano
by Origo
by Origo

Popular by Versace

Versace pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Crystal Noir (Eau de Parfum) by Versace Eros Parfum by Versace Versace pour Homme Dylan Blue (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Gianni Versace (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Versense by Versace The Dreamer (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Versace L'Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Eros (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Eros (Eau de Parfum) by Versace Versus Uomo (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Versace Man Eau Fraîche (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Eros Flame by Versace Blonde (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Versace Man (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Versace pour Femme Oud Oriental by Versace Crystal Noir (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Blue Jeans by Versace Versace pour Femme Dylan Blue by Versace V'E Versace (Eau de Parfum) by Versace