Versense 2009

Versense by Versace
Versense is a popular perfume by Versace for women and was released in 2009. The scent is fresh-citrusy. It is being marketed by EuroItalia.
Goes well with Molecule 01

Top Notes Top NotesBergamotBergamot Prickly pearPrickly pear Green mandarin orangeGreen mandarin orange
Heart Notes Heart NotesJasmineJasmine CardamomCardamom Sea lilySea lily
Base Notes Base NotesMuskMusk Olive woodOlive wood SandalwoodSandalwood CedarwoodCedarwood

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 24.09.2022.

7 in-depth fragrance descriptions
Serenissima
Nose flatterers at degrees of heat
At these temperatures we seek all refreshment, even with our fragrances.
Our already not small collections have of course provided for this weather and yet the question "What am I using now?"
" arises several times a day
That's how I felt this morning. Well, the morning was started conventionally with some atropine ("Atropa Belladonna"), which was also quite fine.
But already at noon I was looking for something else.
"Eros pour Femme" crossed my mind; but I put the bottling aside for the sport, so this was omitted.
Now my dear Parfumista had in her "to go" collection, in which I may rob again and again, still another Versace smell: "Versense".
The pyramid reads itself temperature-correct; so little samples were sought and found!

It is well known that I have a hard time with citric scents: either they bite my nose, bizz on my skin or they make themselves unpopular. Rarely are we so happy together.
So here at "Versense" I'm surprised by its softness: nothing scratches, nothing bites, nothing bizzelt - it's only fresh - refreshingly fresh - and pleasantly soft in the fragrance.

The green tangerine is used immediately, fresh and sparkling, and is supported by a welcome bergamot addition, which seems to dampen the acidity somewhat - very pleasant!
But the highlight of the Entrée is the scent of the prickly pear - how fresh it is, yet fine and extremely friendly to the senses! It signals: "Well-being occurs"!
Already now "Versense" is a harmoniously flowing scent composition.
Jasmine then puts the crowning touch on this scented painting: it is refined by the flattering white blossom herd scent, which floats wonderfully on the wave of the top note - very relaxed and yet a little distinguished.
The sea lily always reminds me of the breath of lotus; whether it is the association with water - I don't know.
In any case, this makes the existing scent tissue lighter - yes, even a little more watery!
At these temperatures a very pleasant idea, which immediately promises cooling.
Cardamom spices very nuanced and rounds off very nicely; "Versense" is very fluently through-composed. So far this fragrance has neither corners nor edges; it flows evenly and pleasantly refreshingly.
Woods! What a great arrangement of wood notes is offered here: Olive wood, the almost sacred; the spicy cedar wood I like very much - I love fragrances that have this aroma in them - and of course "my Darling" sandalwood!
Already now "Versense" is characterized by something very special sensual (now "sense" also stands for sensibility - so why not!).
But woman (and of course also the accompanying or meeting man) would not be content, if it would remain only with this little icing on the cake: a little should be added!
Musk, skillfully dosed and just enough luring, now perfects this midsummery scent!
This scent impression reminds me a little of Claude Monet's "Water Lily Pictures"; not of a special one - they all carry this flowing, harmonious magic within them.

"Versense" is not only a refreshing fragrance for warm to very warm days: it brings with it the sensual enticement or enticing sensuality that is not to be despised even at higher temperatures.
What do you mean? "It's much too hot!"??
Nothing about it: it can't be too hot!!

Thus the house Versace succeeded in a smell creation, which stands out itself from the smelling generality pleasantly and its wearer already makes something special: so some view is already risked there!
Perhaps the view is followed by an invitation to a cocktail, a prosecco or even a glass of champagne? Chi sa - who knows!

As with all summer fragrances, the shelf life isn't overwhelming, but it's fun to always freshen up a bit - maybe even following the recipe of the still enchanting Catherine Deneuve?: a few splashes in each hollow of the knee!
Just give it a try: the effect is extremely attractive!

The bottle fits to the straightness of "Versense", is almost puristic and the famous Medusa head and the "meander frieze" around the neck show where this fragrance friend comes from.

I am really surprised: both Versace summer fragrances "Eros pour Femme" and now also "Versense" give me a lot of pleasure.
They are entertaining companions on these hot days, don't make great demands, but subtly underline femininity.
As I said, it can't be too hot!
Charming Italian
Versense starts citrically fresh with bergamot and green mandarin. The mandarin is actually green and adds a more bitter touch. In the first 10 minutes, these notes also stand alone in the foreground. Then the prickly pear is added and contributes a little sweetness and steams the bergamot and mandarin. The citrus fruits, however, cannot be driven away, but step somewhat into the background.

Gradually, the jasmine also makes a rendezvous, with its beautiful flower aroma in its luggage. However, he exercises restraint, so that the fragrance does not become pompous or even unpleasant. Cardamom is also used very carefully. It provides a pleasant, discreet spice without becoming heavy or dominant. I don't know how a sea lily smells, but it doesn't give off a typical lily smell, that much is for sure. Instead I perceive a very fresh, pleasant component, which also ensures lightness and I cannot describe in detail. Aquatic probably hits it best.

Gradually the woods also appear. They don't complain, they just support. I can't smell musk at the beginning - it doesn't scratch, bite or stink at all. Only at the very end, shortly before Versense says goodbye, does a tiny hint of light musk appear. Not scratchy, but soft and cuddly.

Versense is beautifully balanced - all ingredients prove to be excellent team players that combine wonderfully with each other. No other player pushes himself into the foreground to be the sole star. Everyone knows their place, leaves room for their colleagues and thus contributes to harmony.

For me Versense is an ideal companion for warm or hot days. There are many citric, fresh summer scents and Mr. Morillas did not reinvent the wheel for the house Versace either. Nevertheless I find Versence very successful and anything but 08/15. The durability of 6 to 8 hours is not to be despised at all for a summerly companion, even if the silage is very close to the body from the beginning.

The gift
For my last birthday, my dad picked out this fragrance for me. I was not there, we live in different cities, it was a surprise. I always find it interesting and exciting what other people choose for you, what they associate with you. Anyway, I probably wouldn't have bought this fragrance on my own. Lie my preferences but rather in the warm, woody, sweet area.
I am nevertheless pleased every day at this gift, because my father is seriously ill and we are grateful for every reunion (certainly he also had help with the purchase).

The scent starts out very fresh-citrusy, but a mild freshness. I think it's the green tangerine that makes it start so deliciously. My mouth is watering a bit.... My first association is "freshly washed laundry drying in the garden". It has soaked up the sun and the scent of grass, clover and little flowers. Its dryness is spicy and summery.
It's a green scent that fits very well in spring and summer. But I can also see it on a slowly cooling late summer day. Refreshing, clean and very neat, it nestles against the first sweaters and cardigans that are dug out of the closet again. A peaceful walk, a pause and a visit to the café - everything is rounded with him. In fact, I spontaneously reached for it when I had a job interview and felt well-scented. As it progresses, it becomes woodier and warmer. The musk always floats along...until it fades out after about 6-7 hours (for me).
It is declared as a women's fragrance, which I do not subscribe to. I find him unisex and my son (early 20s wears him very much-I have already given him a bottling).

This gift has surprised me and pleases me especially, because of alone I would not have encountered this beautiful fragrance.
A summery scent
I bought this scent here from my girlfriend's forum as a birthday present, because of a good recommendation.
And what can I say a super great summer scent!
Freshness through the citrus notes of green mandarin and prickly pear, with bergamot In the drydown nice Pleasant through the wooden note.

The durability + Sillage could be a little better, stronger - biting, but I think this is now the case with very fresh fragrances. If these two pillars were a little stronger it would be a real summer scent in a class of its own!

I would recommend this fragrance to every lady, at least once to have had it on her nose Me and my better half really like this Versace very much, and I find the price/performance very acceptable
Conclusion : The freshness, summer kick in the form of a perfume!
Wonderful fresh scent
I was looking for a discreet but still unmistakable scent and now I found it :) In the beginning I was disturbed by the citric top note, because in my opinion it stood out too much and was almost pungent in the nose. But it vanished relatively quickly and made room for the head&base note consisting of jasmine&musk&undefinable woods. The fragrance is very pure and fresh and has a certain masculine touch due to the musky component. But it doesn't disturb in the slightest and only makes the perfume more interesting. On my skin, the fragrance develops wonderfully with a balanced proportion of jasmine& musk& green components and remains fragrant on my skin for a long time. I can therefore only recommend the fragrance!