Versus 2010

Version from 2010
Versus (2010) by Versace
Versus (2010) is a perfume by Versace for women and was released in 2010. The scent is floral-fresh. It is being marketed by EuroItalia.

Nathalie Lorson

Top Notes Top NotesKumquatKumquat Star apple LemonLemon
Heart Notes Heart NotesOrange blossomOrange blossom RoseRose StephanotisStephanotis
Base Notes Base NotesAmbrette seedAmbrette seed MuskMusk PatchouliPatchouli

Submitted by Seglein, last update on 25.04.2021.

Avoirdupois
I'm FOR Versus! A happy fruity floral with musky undertone, a fine fragrance for sure!
Versace is, for me, one the top fashion houses; to this day I mourn the tragic death of Gianni.

I love the way Versace designs often go over-the-top. In the case of this Versace perfume, however, there's no excess, no extreme, nothing needs reining in, nothing is overdone, for Versus is a lovely, fresh, happy scent that's ideal for daily use -- I would suggest for ladies, not men as it is a decidedly "feminine" fragrance, from its advertising and promotion to its subtle scent.

The packaging is hypnotic, the bottle is a style triumph. Kumquat and Carambola are inspired top notes; the Orange in the middle is perfectly-balanced, and in the dry-down, the Musk and Patchouli come gliding through elegantly. Versus deserves a place in your collection.

Shimmery Citrus--with a big dollop of laundry musk (especially evident in heat and humidity)
I have sometimes been pleasantly surprised by the house of Versace, and am happy to be able to report that VERSUS has joined the ranks of BLONDE and WHITE JEANS among other quite decent creations in this line. I think that I was particularly surprised in the case of VERSUS because Pavlovian conditioning led me to expect the worst from the purple packaging: a purple fruit synthetic nightmare of one kind or another. Then, when I saw that this perfume was categorized as a fruity-floral, I braced myself and thought seriously about drawing a preemptive bath.

In fact, against all evidence, VERSUS is a quite likeable citrus scent with a substantial and shimmery clean musk base, imparting a resinous quality which makes it a touch more perfumey than most mainstream/designer citrus scents (such as Moschino FUNNY!). This is also somewhat more floral, while however remaining predominantly a citrus composition. All in all, very nice, and while I didn't need a bottle, I was happy to pick one up (not scent unsniffed...) at the right price (not MSRP--hello?).
ADDENDUM:

Having worn this fragrance on a super hot and humid day (95F, begging to rain), I need to add a slight caveat. There is a big dollop of laundry musk in this composition, and it came to the forefront in these extreme weather conditions, dominating everything else and even masking the citrus! It is also very persistent, so prospective buyers really need to test this to make sure that they don't mind this particular blob of laundry-alia...

Orange scented shampoo
Despite the fact that fruity florals don't tend to rock my boat, Versus is something that I'd gladly wear, however I don't think I'd ever purchase.

Versus is the re-released, somewhat altered version of Versus Donna which has long since been discontinued. Like many reviewers have already mentioned, this is nothing like the original.

This fragrance is your typical fruity floral. Upon my first application I likened this fragrance to the scent of orange-y shampoo. Idealistically clean and feminine. The star apple provides a somewhat crisp feel.

The floral heart does feature, however the citrusy accords tend to dominate. On my skin I detected subtle hints of jasmine, however the rose and stephanotis were lighter still, which slightly unbalanced the scent for me.

I'm not exactly sure as to where the patchouli got to, because it wasn't earthy and mossy like it's supposed to be. Musk was more like the monster in this fragrance.

I understand that Versace has decided to run with the ever-so-popular fruity floral idea, however it would have been nice to experience something a little different. In my opinion, there are way too many fragrances that smell like shampoo and soap these days. It annoys me to think that in several days I'll find it difficult to remember exactly how this fragrance smelt due to its lack of originality.

not for me
Starts very synthetic and then turns more of a citrus violet which is also very synthetic.
Fake and boring IMHO.

by Gwiazdka72
by Sherapop
by Sherapop

Popular by Versace

Eros Parfum by Versace Crystal Noir (Eau de Parfum) by Versace Versace pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Versace pour Homme Oud Noir by Versace Versace pour Homme Dylan Blue (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Versense by Versace The Dreamer (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Eros (Eau de Parfum) by Versace Eros (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Versace L'Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Gianni Versace (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Versus Uomo (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Versace Man Eau Fraîche (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Eros Flame by Versace Blonde (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Versace pour Femme Oud Oriental by Versace Crystal Noir (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Versace Man (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Blue Jeans by Versace Versace pour Femme Dylan Blue by Versace