Yellow Diamond (2011)

Yellow Diamond by Versace

Yellow Diamond is a perfume by Versace for women and was released in 2011. The scent is floral-fresh. It is being marketed by EuroItalia.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Pear sorbet, Neroli, Lemon
Heart Notes Heart NotesFreesia, Orange blossom, Waterlily
Base Notes Base NotesAmberwood, Palo Santo, Musk

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 17.04.2019

8.0 7.0 7.0 7.5/10

Vitamins for your teeth
Our heating is not working again, which is why fresh, cold water from the shower awaits us in the morning - a la Pastor Kneipp.

Very caring of the company S E to harden its customers like this.

But I'm not a lusty nature boy, I'm a shivering prude.
I don't like horse cures like that.

So I can do Kneipp's water treading in the nearby Gollbach.

I've been sneezing in the staccato all night, wishing my ma would squeeze out a lemon with the words "vitamins for my teeth".

But for lack of mama and lemon, I reach for yellow Diamond.
At least I inhale citrus in the form of bergamot and lemon, and I imagine that this way valuable vitamin C can also reach me.
Placebo effects should not be underestimated.
In fact, neroli and water lily cool and soothe the burning forehead - and sneeze attacks pause.

Who says then?

The freesia brightens the long night and orange blossom warms my senses.
The wood notes appear soft and smell like stacked chimney logs.
A homely feeling surrounds me, because I remember childhood days, where mum cured any adversity.

She would certainly have had a lemon in the house - and even now, in early autumn, cheered on the fireplace for me.
7.5 5.0 7.5 5.0/10

Rip-off of Marc Jacobs' Daisy
I love yellow diamonds, so much so that I don't think I'd accept anything less as an engagement ring, as it is pretty much my dream. Husband to be, I will apologise in advance for my fussy behaviour. However, when it comes to Versace Yellow Diamond, I am impressed but also under-whelmed.

I enjoyed the opening top notes immensely. The initial blast was quite citrusy, sweet and fresh. Lemon, mimosa, pear and orange blossom danced about on my skin all light and sparkly for the first ten or so minutes. At this point I was smiling in agreeance with its scent.

Unfortunately the heart was much thicker than I expected, with the fruits taking on a more sourish quality. The floral notes also became richer with a hint of soapiness, mostly due to the freesia accord. It was at this point that Versace Yellow Diamond began to smell very much like Marc Jacobs Daisy. I am so glad other reviewers have backed me up in this observation, as for a while I felt it was only me that thought this.

Like Daisy, I like it but I find it a bit too strong for hot weather. It has a similar salty play-doh accord that begins to grate on my nerves after awhile. I am beginning to question whether Versace was purposely attempting to re-create Daisy in order to leech off its success.

The sillage and longevity may be superb, and the bottle equally as impressive, yet I'm not completely sold on this fragrance. It's in the same vein as Bright Crystal, very citrusy and sharp, which was another scent I couldn't warm to.

Perhaps I had built this fragrance up to be something a lot better in my mind prior to smelling, in order for me to feel so cheated now. I believe that if Versace Yellow Diamond had been a little softer in scent, I may have liked it more.

Rival Sisters
I'm extremely open-minded, but I cannot get around the fact that this smells like Daisy! There must have been some inspiration behind Yellow Diamond, aside from wanting to produce a clean-classy floral. The dry-down is slightly different. Yellow Diamond becomes more floral opposed to fruity. The clean aspect is more associated with the pear note. However, Marc Jacobs Daisy and Versace Yellow Diamond are still in fact, far too similar. It wouldn't make sense for any woman to own them both. Who has the edge?? Yellow Diamond, hands down... but Daisy stands up to her newly born, and more sophisticated sister dressed in black as a parfum.

by Angua
by Kiengira
by NikkRouse10
by NikkRouse10

Popular Versace

Eros (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Versace pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Versace The Dreamer (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Versace pour Homme Dylan Blue (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Versace Man Eau Fraîche (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Versense by Versace Blue Jeans by Versace Crystal Noir (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Versace L'Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Versace pour Homme Oud Noir by Versace Bright Crystal by Versace Yellow Diamond by Versace Red Jeans by Versace Eros pour Femme (Eau de Parfum) by Versace Eros Flame by Versace Blonde (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Versace Woman by Versace Versus Uomo (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Versace pour Femme Oud Oriental by Versace Versace Man (Eau de Toilette) by Versace