Eros 2020 Eau de Parfum

Eros (Eau de Parfum) by Versace
Eros (Eau de Parfum) is a new perfume by Versace for men and was released in 2020. The scent is sweet-fresh. It is being marketed by EuroItalia.

Top Notes Top NotesItalian lemonItalian lemon
Italian mandarin orangeItalian mandarin orange
SpearmintSpearmint
Patchouli Orpur®Patchouli Orpur®
SandalwoodSandalwood
LeatherLeather
VanillaVanilla

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 21.10.2021.

The face of the advertising campaign is American model Brian Shimansky, set in scene by photographers Mert & Marcus under the creative direction of Donatella Versace.

Perfume vs Eau de Toilette
The Versace Eros EdT accompanied me for years during my student days, until I got tired of it. Sweet, heavy, slightly powdery. A fragrance for the club, cold days, very strong sillage and durability, almost penetrating. The perfume now is better. Fresher. Not quite as on the 12 as the EdT. Similar phenomenon as with the Bleu de Chanel: also with the Eros it is so that the perfume beats the EdT loosely due to an additional freshness.

In addition to the typical Eros fragrance, a citrus (lemon / tangerine), slightly green (mint / patchouli) fragrance note resonates here and gives it a lingering freshness. However, the sillage and longevity are still top notch and hardly suffer. Of course, the perfume is also still unsuitable for hot summer days or sports activities. However, I have with the perfume unlike the EdT simply again desire to wear the Eros fragrance. A Compliment-getter he will always remain. Since compared to the EdT hardly more expensive also a good deal. Recommendable
AchimClemens
A citrusy, fresh fragrance that knows how to inspire.
I am actually very excited about the fragrance DNA. Fresh, sweet, citrusy, apple and in the dry-down with a thoroughly adult leather and wood notes.
In my personal opinion, you do the fragrance massively wrong if you put him exclusively in the teen / party direction.
Yes, it is quite sweet. Yes, also the "shower gel argument" which fell further down, I can sign at least in the 1st hour. But the fragrance DNA is quite suitable for everyday use, simply because everyone likes it. In certain situations, it may project too strongly. I wouldn't necessarily wear it at work, for example. And you certainly aren't super original with this one on. I also can't exactly put into words what excites me about this DNA. He smells just nice!
Tested the EdP against the EdT at a major perfume chain. The EdP lasts a little longer and the leather / wood notes are more present in my opinion. Accordingly, I consider the EdP quite mature.
Chevalier
Two things are necessary to our work: tireless perseverance and the willingness to throw away something you've put a lot of time and effort into. Albert Einstein
Fragrances, perfumes or whatever you want to call it are actually still luxury products. The products in the middle segment like an Eros belongs to it. It's stuff you buy when it promises uniqueness and sovereignty.
The fashion with the supposedly higher concentrated perfume creations is somewhat on the wane, it still exists in numerous forms.
The Cool water intense eau de parfum was a good descendant of the too aged and too oldfashioned original cool water which works well in durability and zeitgeist. The Eros Parfum can unfortunately not continue this flow.
Something veiled and uninspired it smells no stronger or weaker, just more boring than the original. Sharpness or spice makes the Flame in the red design really well, this perfume descendant is unfortunately completely lifeless and with a question mark. One doesn't understand why this fragrance exists at all. Sloppiness in marketing or just overtiredness and the false belief after easy ruble without much effort.
The durability is weaker, the appearance less dominant and the finesse is missing.
The sweetness is close to the original which lasts longer despite being lighter.
This from the point of view of Eurotialia actually a genickbrecher, as this perfume remains a mystery. The patchouli is here more mixed with the vanilligen. Otherwise unclear what this one does differently than the first blue one from Versace.
A reformulation of the original Eros would be an explanation, but took place after two years after checking the new badges felt not.
For an otherwise success-proven Euroitalia, this throw probably falls very short.
Hopefully the really good products like Blue Dylan and the Flame will be retained and such bottles will be discontinued for more innovative new releases.

EdT vs. EdP
In direct comparison with the EdT for me clearly inferior. The opening of both fragrances is pretty much identical. The EdT starts a little sweeter whereas the EdP comes along much more citrusy. Already after 2h I perceive the EdP as very very flat. The EdT continues to project and remains very fresh and transitions into a light sweetness- After 4 hrs I perceive the EdP only skin deep.

Either my nose is broken or I did not get an original EdP in the souk here.... (Batch : MB2008 A:01/21) My EdT has the following batch : SL2038.

So in summary, I am clearly opting for the EdT. It has better durability, better performance and better sillage
Flop at second glance
First of all. This is my first comment on a fragrance and I am by far no expert in things fragrances. Hope nevertheless that I can simplify the one or the other the decision to buy or not the fragrance.

I had earlier already times the opportunity to test the EDT, however, I have in memory that it was me much too sweet. Therefore, I was pleased when I was allowed to read in the first comments here at the EDP that you have reduced the penetrating sweetness and emphasized the minty/fresh.
At first smell I thought to myself "yes, I could really like" - Not too fresh, much less sweetness but still so sweet that it does not remind me of shower gel or anything else.
Unfortunately, somewhat sobering, the scent after a few minutes reminds me of a mixture of gum & hairspray. Headaches were there pre-programmed. This blind purchase I regret in any case. Even if the durability as well as sillage to the reformulation of the EDT was improved again, I will probably no longer a friend of the series.

Oh and who has there leather reinfantasiert?
The better Eros
After the reformulated Eros EdT variant Eros was really no longer what he was. The scent was still good only was the durability and sillage just no longer there. This has now changed significantly with the EdP variant of the fragrance is for me about 70-80% similar to the EdT, that is who likes the old will certainly like the new. The EdP variant is however no longer quite as sweet as the EdT, for it the performance is again Top and makes on the skin easily 9 to 10 hours, probably of the performance comparable with the first Eros. My only criticism is the bottle, since costs and efforts were saved. Basically a nice bottle, but it is exactly the same as the EdT except that under Eros is still eau de Parfum, here some creativity really would not have hurt. Overall, however, for me a clear purchase recommendation for all those who do not yet own an Eros variant and do not mind wearing a popular fragrance.
Rainermitai
It's as if the gods have listened to me.
I'm not a fan of sweet scents per se, which is why I didn't buy the Eros EdT, although I liked all the other components in addition to the sweetness, which held me back from buying it. But then the Eros EdP came on the market. I visited my local miller every day and just waited for the tester to finally be on the shelf. And then it was time. First I sprayed it on a test strip. And then I... "Wait... where's the cute one gone?" I asked myself. It completely disappeared into the new Eros. The sweetness has been almost completely removed and everything else that makes Eros unique has been doubled and a touch of leather added. I just thought to myself "Wow... just what I wanted. He is clearly more masculine than the original. I wore the scent throughout the day, even in gym class, where I sweated a lot, and it held and held and didn't go away. Just great. I finally bought it at the end of the day and I don't regret a single cent. Just a great composition of scents. As if the gods had responded to my wishes, they removed exactly what was holding me back from buying the EdT and added a lot to the rest. I am looking forward to wearing this fragrance in spring and summer.
Somewhat sobering
Yesterday I got the Eros edp and tested it directly, full of expectation. The result was very sobering. I have already tested the edt and found it really great. But I bought the Eros Flame because it had more spice and more bang. So the edp was a good choice for me. The smell itself smells really great. But the shelf life of the fragrance is really bad! After 2-3 hours I don't really notice it anymore. Better buy the edt or fall in love with Eros Flame
Not sweet at all
I just bought the scent without testing it before.
Well what can I say, the scent is maybe 5% sweet, the rest is mint and synthetic fruits. You pull out something zietrisches and with a little fantasy the candied apple from the test tube Sillage is quite decent, but only lasts about 5-6h, the fragrance itself lasts much longer but then only perceptible close to the body.
I had hoped for more and I am a little disappointed. I would classify it as a fresh scent with a dash of masculinity and a good portion of artificial fruit.
PetroWolke
Completely different in the base than the EdT
I had hoped for a stronger version of the EdT but was disappointed.
In the opening still very identical to the EdT with the beautiful Eros DNA, the eau de parfum settles clearly more "masculine" and as I find more unpleasant. For me it is not only a little more mature but goes in a completely different direction, which I find very unfortunate

JMWeedJMWeed 4 days ago
I like the Eros scent, but the EDT gave me a headache. This one is more mature and does not crack my skull. The better Eros to my olfactory.
Topfpflanze3Topfpflanze3 5 months ago
Very, very close to the edt. In fact its so close that in the air nobody will notice any difference. Have to test the longevity
Jordanlfc11Jordanlfc11 7 months ago
A more smooth and mature version of the EDT. Less mint in the opening and more citrus. Still a great performer.
Nik604Nik604 9 months ago
Another ethyl maltol bomb for that long awaited first intimate night of the youngsters
LeroystanksLeroystanks 10 months ago
The fragrance equivalent of biting into a chocolate right after you’ve brushed your teeth.

by Rainermitai
by AndiK87
by AaronMulle
by AaronMulle

Popular Versace

Versace pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Versace pour Homme Dylan Blue (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Versace pour Homme Oud Noir by Versace Gianni Versace (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Crystal Noir (Eau de Parfum) by Versace The Dreamer (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Versense by Versace Versace L'Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Eros (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Versus Uomo (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Versace Man Eau Fraîche (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Eros Parfum by Versace Blonde (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Eros Flame by Versace Versace pour Femme Oud Oriental by Versace Versace Man (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Crystal Noir (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Blue Jeans by Versace Versace pour Femme Dylan Blue by Versace V'E Versace (Eau de Parfum) by Versace