Eros 2020Eau de Parfum

Eros (Eau de Parfum) by Versace
Eros (Eau de Parfum) is a new perfume by Versace for men and was released in 2020. The scent is fresh-sweet. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by EuroItalia.

Top Notes Top NotesItalian lemon, Italian mandarin, Spearmint, Candied apple
Heart Notes Heart NotesGeranium, Clary sage, Ambermax®
Base Notes Base NotesVirginia cedar, Vetiver Orpur®, Patchouli Orpur®, Sandalwood, Leather, Vanilla

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 23.10.2020.

The face of the advertising campaign is American model Brian Shimansky, set in scene by photographers Mert & Marcus under the creative direction of Donatella Versace.

Rainermitai
It's as if the gods have listened to me.
I'm not a fan of sweet scents per se, which is why I didn't buy the Eros EdT, although I liked all the other components in addition to the sweetness, which held me back from buying it. But then the Eros EdP came on the market. I visited my local miller every day and just waited for the tester to finally be on the shelf. And then it was time. First I sprayed it on a test strip. And then I... "Wait... where's the cute one gone?" I asked myself. It completely disappeared into the new Eros. The sweetness has been almost completely removed and everything else that makes Eros unique has been doubled and a touch of leather added. I just thought to myself "Wow... just what I wanted. He is clearly more masculine than the original. I wore the scent throughout the day, even in gym class, where I sweated a lot, and it held and held and didn't go away. Just great. I finally bought it at the end of the day and I don't regret a single cent. Just a great composition of scents. As if the gods had responded to my wishes, they removed exactly what was holding me back from buying the EdT and added a lot to the rest. I am looking forward to wearing this fragrance in spring and summer.
Somewhat sobering
Yesterday I got the Eros edp and tested it directly, full of expectation. The result was very sobering. I have already tested the edt and found it really great. But I bought the Eros Flame because it had more spice and more bang. So the edp was a good choice for me. The smell itself smells really great. But the shelf life of the fragrance is really bad! After 2-3 hours I don't really notice it anymore. Better buy the edt or fall in love with Eros Flame
Not sweet at all
I just bought the scent without testing it before.
Well what can I say, the scent is maybe 5% sweet, the rest is mint and synthetic fruits. You pull out something zietrisches and with a little fantasy the candied apple from the test tube Sillage is quite decent, but only lasts about 5-6h, the fragrance itself lasts much longer but then only perceptible close to the body.
I had hoped for more and I am a little disappointed. I would classify it as a fresh scent with a dash of masculinity and a good portion of artificial fruit.
PetroWolke
Completely different in the base than the EdT
I had hoped for a stronger version of the EdT but was disappointed.
In the opening still very identical to the EdT with the beautiful Eros DNA, the eau de parfum settles clearly more "masculine" and as I find more unpleasant. For me it is not only a little more mature but goes in a completely different direction, which I find very unfortunate
Micha1984
Eros is all grown up, in the club of the gods, all mint...
It's Saturday night, Eros is getting ready in the bathroom of his apartment for the upcoming party night at the Club of the Gods. It is his regular club, which he has been visiting almost every weekend for many years. He has been going in and out of there for many years, and you don't know him just by sight. He has been polarizing for years with his big mouth and especially with his irresistible fresh-sweet scent, which he put in everyone's nose while dancing and drove the girls crazy. But just like his biggest competitor 1 Million Paco, he has grown older and more boring with time and now it is time to reinvent himself. But how does he manage to bring back his old glory?! An inconspicuous black leather jacket would be something... At least this way he looks a little bit more grown up and a little bit like a badboy... The matching apple pomade in the plumb line and with the comb arrogantly combed back. To round off the whole picture, he hammers the whole pack of spermint into his shower and slips into his striking lemon yellow leather boots and he's done, the new wannabe Badboy Eros...

The new flanker has a similar effect on me. Eau de Parfum is right on the dot, there's no question about its durability and sillage. Nevertheless, for me the new Eros is nothing more than an attempt to pick up on old virtues and cram them into a flanker in an improved form. The sweetness has simply retreated into the background and the scent remains fresh and even more synthetic through the pseudo apple. Basically, the Eau De Parfum seems to me like an intensified top note of the original, without the seductive sweetness. The mint remains present almost the entire course and makes little room for a beautiful fragrance. Also the slightly mossy, what brought earthy green spice is completely missing here. On the whole, the scent remains very linear and minty. For me leather only exists on paper but not in the bottle. This chord is too minimal to perceive it. A pity!

The durability and the silage are very good as mentioned above. The fragrance sticks to you for 8-9h and you can perceive it very well during this time. The Flanker is the same and still an eye catcher in every bathroom, shelf or wherever you see it...

In conclusion, it remains to be said that Versace did not succeed in creating a big surprise here. I think that this scent disappoints many people, because you surely expect something else. It definitely doesn't come close to its predecessor and is simply a fragrance that smells good but doesn't bring anything new or innovative. If you just want to smell good and fresh and you like mint and synthiaple, you will like it for sure. To me it is too linear and boring and not really more grown-up than the original. Just test it and decide for yourself!
ErhanSaceros
Short comparison with the EdT - lowers the expectations!
A flanker that I didn't see coming after "Eros Flame". So I was very excited about the new Eros. Especially because of the leather note, which is listed in the pyramid.

But the year 2020 (even if we are only describing luxury problems here) simply does not manage to meet my expectations: My favourite band from my youth has started producing music again after 10 years. Unfortunately, not very creative songs came out until now And now Versace brings out an EdP of one of my favorite scents. The EdT is the reason why I chose fragrances. So I had high expectations for the EdP.

I don't want to make comparisons about durability and sillage between EdT and EdP. I am too bad for that myself. A couple hours more or less, a couple inches more or less... i don't care anymore
Basically the two fragrances are very identical. There are small differences, which are unimportant for the masses, but for us fine noses are decisive.

This makes the mint leaves look even more authentic and tangible on the EdP than on the EdT. "Candied apple" should not scare off anyone here. The note is rather discreet and does not extend to the heart note.
With EdT it starts to get sweeter after only 10 minutes, while with EdP mint still dominates. But in both cases the woody notes are already noticeable from this point on.

Talking about the heart note is just as difficult as talking about the EdT. It's more like they're both made up of head and base. The only thing that might be noticeable from the heart note in EdP, but only comes to light in the base, is the Muscat Sage (maybe also vetiver?).
I can only speculate here, but in my experience, there is something sour and musty about this note. I noticed the same with Valentino - Uomo Intense. This note also reminds me of fir balsam, which I also like to call sour and musty.

At EdT, the vanilla in the base has the upper hand. Here, at EdP, transparent, woody notes dominate, but with this very note described in the last section. This time the sweetness is rather secondary.

Unfortunately I could not even fantasize a little leather into it. That disappointed me the most. I was always interested in a more mature version of Eros. I thought that you could do that with a decent amount of leather. Pity! Then I'll do it myself
I really don't know what the EdT smells like these days. But I like my 2017 bottle better than the EdP. So the EdP is superfluous for many who own the EdT. Unless you like the above mentioned small differences that I noticed with my poor perception.

Well, and that's it. Versace Eros, as usual fresh-sweet-synthetic, unique, polarizing. A seducer and conqueror of hearts. But in this case also a disappointment (My motto this year: "I'm not surprised, but disappointed"). And is still unfortunately stamped as "CluBdUfT". I like to use it in all premises that are not called a club. The Riakschonz are always and everywhere jut!

ScentSlave
While you can definitely tell it’s in the Eros family,
It IS different enough to consider adding to your collection. While the Flame was too similar to the original in my opinion, the 2020 EDP stands out just about “enough” to be called a “sibling” in the line.

Similar to how you can that tell the Bleu de Chanel variants are in the same family AND yet different enough to be looked at as individuals, the Eros EDP comes in with different notes accentuated, and a pinch of new tones added to establish its “fingerprint”.

The overall Eros dna is DEFINITELY there, but the spearmint comes in and adds a kind of “frosty” feeling. While the edt version really feels of a sweet mint/tonka/vanilla vibe, the spearmint in the 2020 EDP adds a very cold sensation that pulls back on the sweetness... especially in the opening. Think of how some people prefer more sugar to their coffee and some people like it black. The edt Eros would be a mint drink with 4 tablespoons of sugar, while Eros Flame replaced the mint with a citrus pinch but kept the sugar. The new 2020 EDP adds a much more intense mint and pulls back to maybe 1 tablespoon of sugar.

The dry downs are definitely VERY similar amongst all 3 variants; the average non-enthusiastic perfume wearer would probably have a very difficult time discerning one from the other. This doesn’t mean they aren’t different enough; well the 2020 EDP IS, anyway. Think of different artists painting pictures of the same site. While you can tell it’s the same place, the artists each have their own perspectives on their work, and the people that look at them see the different artistic touch. Same vibe applies here; you can tell it’s the same “site”, but the artists have used different amounts of different colors, and they have enough of an individualized “fingerprint”. The edt is the sweetest, vanilla heavy version, while the Flame replaces mint with citrus and fades to a slightly less sweet, but still vanilla heavy dry down. The 2020edp cuts the vanilla and sweetness in half, and doubles the mint with a fresher, colder feeling mint. It has almost a peppermint strength intensity and cold sensation.

The projection is easily over a 4ft radius, and the sillage trail definitely sits there for a long time with a very thick radiance. Longevity is also very good (over 8 hours and it’s still STRONG).

I personally think it’s going to be a great winter performer; the mint sensation makes me think of a how a brisk peppermint coffee feels in the cold. I can’t wait to break it out when the winter hits. Again, the simplest way to describe it is this; it’s the original Eros edt with the vanilla dosage cut in half, while the mint is replaced with a much more intense spearmint.
The Italian among the Greeks
Versace Eros has a well-known past. So the turquoise bottle of Medusa 2012 was launched. It is the symbol of the brand and also a reference to ancient Greek mythology.

Unfortunately, the scent is not yet available in Germany, so my experience is going to a souk. Many thanks at this point to the user Lacrimalus!

The fragrance opens hyper fresh and reminds me a bit of neon from Aaron Terence Hughes, but much rounder and fruitier and less like a toilet stone. The lemon and tangerine coupled with green mint give it a clearly recognizable DNA and a remarkable sillage in the opening. The Drydown reminds me of an evening walk in Florence. A light mediterranean scent rises in the nose, pictures of a historical old town with a lot of history pass by in my mind's eye, the desire for a relaxed evening with good food and wine in a convivial round of mature men grows
The touch of roses gives the fragrance something floral and lively without becoming feminine. At the base, Eros slides through ambermax and virginia cedar into a sensual cedar note, which is dark, mature and mature with patchouli, a touch of leather and the sweetness of vanilla. Versace Eros EDP underlines a southern man around 30 who knows what he wants without compromising. He is not a OneMillion for party-beasts or a Bleu de Chanel for CEOs, but a mixture of both worlds, a VIP among fragrances. You have to like him and I can imagine that for many people this is a "hit or miss" fragrance. Compared to the EDT, this fragrance is more mature and has more character, but without losing its strengths.

by Rainermitai
by Rainermitai
by AaronMulle
by AaronMulle

Popular Versace

Versace pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Versace pour Homme Dylan Blue (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Versace L'Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Versace The Dreamer (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Versace pour Homme Oud Noir by Versace Versus Uomo (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Gianni Versace (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Versense by Versace Eros (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Versace Man Eau Fraîche (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Blonde (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Crystal Noir (Eau de Parfum) by Versace Versace Man (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Eros Flame by Versace Versace pour Femme Oud Oriental by Versace Crystal Noir (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Blue Jeans by Versace Versace Woman by Versace V'E Versace (Eau de Parfum) by Versace Versace pour Femme Dylan Blue by Versace