Eros 2020Eau de Parfum

Eros (Eau de Parfum) by Versace
Eros (Eau de Parfum) is a new perfume by Versace for men and was released in 2020. The scent is fresh-sweet. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by EuroItalia.

Top Notes Top NotesItalian lemon, Italian mandarin orange, Spearmint, Candied apple
Heart Notes Heart NotesGeranium, Clary sage, Ambermax®
Base Notes Base NotesVirginia cedar, Vetiver Orpur®, Patchouli Orpur®, Sandalwood, Leather, Vanilla

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 05.03.2021.

The face of the advertising campaign is American model Brian Shimansky, set in scene by photographers Mert & Marcus under the creative direction of Donatella Versace.

Versace Eros in Eau De Parfum Format
I had already said a lot about the EDT. Nothing has changed. But came last year also an EDP variant of the modern treat on the market.
As everyone can see for themselves, the opinions are already like at Eros times also here again very split and partly irrläufig.
Clichés of pubescent party fragrances are still very present and spoil the one or the other mature mind the fun of this fragrance in the collection to hold. A pity in my opinion. Self-blame, who goes to the so typically situated Influencern on the glue.

Therefore, a small criticism in advance. Forget such a modern influencer junk like "panty dropper", "compliment getter", "party/disco scent", "night time only", "bedroomfragrance". Ultimately, the perfume buyer should be able and willing to decide for himself what he wants to wear and when. Some do not always succeed, however, and I still read these childish "panty dropper" comments.
Since some should rather "pullen" the long-legged "panty" over the own "head". There we are also safer in the future.
I'm sorry. I just had to get that off my chest.

Now then, the EDP. What is there because compared to the EDT so new and what has remained the same?
The EDP is strongly oriented to the EDT. The basic fragrance idea was not reinvented. After all, it is in the Eros. It was different with Eros Flame, which was oriented to Eros, but should play in a different direction. The EDP now follows the call of the EDT. And that is not difficult to smell.
The vanilla is right from the start with it. Only this time not quite so strongly held in the foreground. The apple was put a touch of tangerine to the side, whereby the scent tip of the apple also holds back more. For this, the mint (spearmint) was granted more space.
Thus, a somewhat rounder fragrance picture and overall opens Eros EDP not as rocket-like as the EDT. It starts more leisurely. And this aspect alone already divides the perfume community. Behind this is also a widespread misconception that EDPs should generally smell louder, i.e. stronger. That's just not true. At least not always. Rather still in the fewer cases. Often it is a matter of making a fragrance finer, to improve certain aspects. Also in the EDP on Tonkabohne was apparently renounced, whereby the perfume comes somewhat greener therefore than his predecessor.
Many make THE mistake and put the EDP directly in comparison to the EDT. Of course, the EDT exceeds the scent perception. It starts seemingly louder. But an EDT must offer something like that,because it falls off in the fragrance process in terms of time faster than an EDP. And an EDP holds against it also longer.
This coincides with my own experience.

The sillage roughly matches that of the EDT, but lasts longer over the course. The scent lasts longer in general. And the overall picture of Versace Eros EDP is rounder for me, a touch more appealing.

Ultimately, you could take the current price as a purchase decision. Since the EDT stands quite well there. But also the EDP will cost less after some time and the buyer must only decide whether he wants to have an initially gaudy but short-lived version or a rounder and lanlebigere variant of the fragrance.
So it remains to decide whether one would like to be accompanied by the scent of Eros rather crisp, but more short-lived or more nuanced and longer.
I hold to both versions, because my mood changes as the weather, climate and temperature fluctuations and other factors affect my mind.

So who prefers the EDT for himself makes although fundamentally nothing wrong. I still recommend the EDP. Because I personally like the finer coordination of various fragrance notes to each other very well. It proves that a fragrance does not necessarily remain unchangeable as it is, but can be further expanded and nuanced.
With Eros, Versace has demonstrated this intellectual dexterity. Not least the perfumer who has taken Eros and gone through the details in his mind.
I just like to imagine what joy it must have been to take the Eros and flesh out in its components, and without undermining the very core of the perfume, its main message.

The task was excellently solved, if you read through the different opinions here about this fragrance. Sometimes a controversy is just the best confirmation.

With best regards
TheOrange78
EdT vs. EdP
In direct comparison with the EdT for me clearly inferior. The opening of both fragrances is pretty much identical. The EdT starts a little sweeter whereas the EdP comes along much more citrusy. Already after 2h I perceive the EdP as very very flat. The EdT continues to project and remains very fresh and transitions into a light sweetness- After 4 hrs I perceive the EdP only skin deep.

Either my nose is broken or I did not get an original EdP in the souk here.... (Batch : MB2008 A:01/21) My EdT has the following batch : SL2038.

So in summary, I am clearly opting for the EdT. It has better durability, better performance and better sillage
Flop at second glance
First of all. This is my first comment on a fragrance and I am by far no expert in things fragrances. Hope nevertheless that I can simplify the one or the other the decision to buy or not the fragrance.

I had earlier already times the opportunity to test the EDT, however, I have in memory that it was me much too sweet. Therefore, I was pleased when I was allowed to read in the first comments here at the EDP that you have reduced the penetrating sweetness and emphasized the minty/fresh.
At first smell I thought to myself "yes, I could really like" - Not too fresh, much less sweetness but still so sweet that it does not remind me of shower gel or anything else.
Unfortunately, somewhat sobering, the scent after a few minutes reminds me of a mixture of gum & hairspray. Headaches were there pre-programmed. This blind purchase I regret in any case. Even if the durability as well as sillage to the reformulation of the EDT was improved again, I will probably no longer a friend of the series.

Oh and who has there leather reinfantasiert?
The better Eros
After the reformulated Eros EdT variant Eros was really no longer what he was. The scent was still good only was the durability and sillage just no longer there. This has now changed significantly with the EdP variant of the fragrance is for me about 70-80% similar to the EdT, that is who likes the old will certainly like the new. The EdP variant is however no longer quite as sweet as the EdT, for it the performance is again Top and makes on the skin easily 9 to 10 hours, probably of the performance comparable with the first Eros. My only criticism is the bottle, since costs and efforts were saved. Basically a nice bottle, but it is exactly the same as the EdT except that under Eros is still eau de Parfum, here some creativity really would not have hurt. Overall, however, for me a clear purchase recommendation for all those who do not yet own an Eros variant and do not mind wearing a popular fragrance.
Rainermitai
It's as if the gods have listened to me.
I'm not a fan of sweet scents per se, which is why I didn't buy the Eros EdT, although I liked all the other components in addition to the sweetness, which held me back from buying it. But then the Eros EdP came on the market. I visited my local miller every day and just waited for the tester to finally be on the shelf. And then it was time. First I sprayed it on a test strip. And then I... "Wait... where's the cute one gone?" I asked myself. It completely disappeared into the new Eros. The sweetness has been almost completely removed and everything else that makes Eros unique has been doubled and a touch of leather added. I just thought to myself "Wow... just what I wanted. He is clearly more masculine than the original. I wore the scent throughout the day, even in gym class, where I sweated a lot, and it held and held and didn't go away. Just great. I finally bought it at the end of the day and I don't regret a single cent. Just a great composition of scents. As if the gods had responded to my wishes, they removed exactly what was holding me back from buying the EdT and added a lot to the rest. I am looking forward to wearing this fragrance in spring and summer.
Somewhat sobering
Yesterday I got the Eros edp and tested it directly, full of expectation. The result was very sobering. I have already tested the edt and found it really great. But I bought the Eros Flame because it had more spice and more bang. So the edp was a good choice for me. The smell itself smells really great. But the shelf life of the fragrance is really bad! After 2-3 hours I don't really notice it anymore. Better buy the edt or fall in love with Eros Flame
Not sweet at all
I just bought the scent without testing it before.
Well what can I say, the scent is maybe 5% sweet, the rest is mint and synthetic fruits. You pull out something zietrisches and with a little fantasy the candied apple from the test tube Sillage is quite decent, but only lasts about 5-6h, the fragrance itself lasts much longer but then only perceptible close to the body.
I had hoped for more and I am a little disappointed. I would classify it as a fresh scent with a dash of masculinity and a good portion of artificial fruit.
PetroWolke
Completely different in the base than the EdT
I had hoped for a stronger version of the EdT but was disappointed.
In the opening still very identical to the EdT with the beautiful Eros DNA, the eau de parfum settles clearly more "masculine" and as I find more unpleasant. For me it is not only a little more mature but goes in a completely different direction, which I find very unfortunate
Micha1984
Eros is all grown up, in the club of the gods, all mint...
It's Saturday night, Eros is getting ready in the bathroom of his apartment for the upcoming party night at the Club of the Gods. It is his regular club, which he has been visiting almost every weekend for many years. He has been going in and out of there for many years, and you don't know him just by sight. He has been polarizing for years with his big mouth and especially with his irresistible fresh-sweet scent, which he put in everyone's nose while dancing and drove the girls crazy. But just like his biggest competitor 1 Million Paco, he has grown older and more boring with time and now it is time to reinvent himself. But how does he manage to bring back his old glory?! An inconspicuous black leather jacket would be something... At least this way he looks a little bit more grown up and a little bit like a badboy... The matching apple pomade in the plumb line and with the comb arrogantly combed back. To round off the whole picture, he hammers the whole pack of spermint into his shower and slips into his striking lemon yellow leather boots and he's done, the new wannabe Badboy Eros...

The new flanker has a similar effect on me. Eau de Parfum is right on the dot, there's no question about its durability and sillage. Nevertheless, for me the new Eros is nothing more than an attempt to pick up on old virtues and cram them into a flanker in an improved form. The sweetness has simply retreated into the background and the scent remains fresh and even more synthetic through the pseudo apple. Basically, the Eau De Parfum seems to me like an intensified top note of the original, without the seductive sweetness. The mint remains present almost the entire course and makes little room for a beautiful fragrance. Also the slightly mossy, what brought earthy green spice is completely missing here. On the whole, the scent remains very linear and minty. For me leather only exists on paper but not in the bottle. This chord is too minimal to perceive it. A pity!

The durability and the silage are very good as mentioned above. The fragrance sticks to you for 8-9h and you can perceive it very well during this time. The Flanker is the same and still an eye catcher in every bathroom, shelf or wherever you see it...

In conclusion, it remains to be said that Versace did not succeed in creating a big surprise here. I think that this scent disappoints many people, because you surely expect something else. It definitely doesn't come close to its predecessor and is simply a fragrance that smells good but doesn't bring anything new or innovative. If you just want to smell good and fresh and you like mint and synthiaple, you will like it for sure. To me it is too linear and boring and not really more grown-up than the original. Just test it and decide for yourself!
ErhanSaceros
Short comparison with the EdT - lowers the expectations!
A flanker that I didn't see coming after "Eros Flame". So I was very excited about the new Eros. Especially because of the leather note, which is listed in the pyramid.

But the year 2020 (even if we are only describing luxury problems here) simply does not manage to meet my expectations: My favourite band from my youth has started producing music again after 10 years. Unfortunately, not very creative songs came out until now And now Versace brings out an EdP of one of my favorite scents. The EdT is the reason why I chose fragrances. So I had high expectations for the EdP.

I don't want to make comparisons about durability and sillage between EdT and EdP. I am too bad for that myself. A couple hours more or less, a couple inches more or less... i don't care anymore
Basically the two fragrances are very identical. There are small differences, which are unimportant for the masses, but for us fine noses are decisive.

This makes the mint leaves look even more authentic and tangible on the EdP than on the EdT. "Candied apple" should not scare off anyone here. The note is rather discreet and does not extend to the heart note.
With EdT it starts to get sweeter after only 10 minutes, while with EdP mint still dominates. But in both cases the woody notes are already noticeable from this point on.

Talking about the heart note is just as difficult as talking about the EdT. It's more like they're both made up of head and base. The only thing that might be noticeable from the heart note in EdP, but only comes to light in the base, is the Muscat Sage (maybe also vetiver?).
I can only speculate here, but in my experience, there is something sour and musty about this note. I noticed the same with Valentino - Uomo Intense. This note also reminds me of fir balsam, which I also like to call sour and musty.

At EdT, the vanilla in the base has the upper hand. Here, at EdP, transparent, woody notes dominate, but with this very note described in the last section. This time the sweetness is rather secondary.

Unfortunately I could not even fantasize a little leather into it. That disappointed me the most. I was always interested in a more mature version of Eros. I thought that you could do that with a decent amount of leather. Pity! Then I'll do it myself
I really don't know what the EdT smells like these days. But I like my 2017 bottle better than the EdP. So the EdP is superfluous for many who own the EdT. Unless you like the above mentioned small differences that I noticed with my poor perception.

Well, and that's it. Versace Eros, as usual fresh-sweet-synthetic, unique, polarizing. A seducer and conqueror of hearts. But in this case also a disappointment (My motto this year: "I'm not surprised, but disappointed"). And is still unfortunately stamped as "CluBdUfT". I like to use it in all premises that are not called a club. The Riakschonz are always and everywhere jut!

Nik604Nik604 1 month ago
Another ethyl maltol bomb for that long awaited first intimate night of the youngsters
LeroystanksLeroystanks 2 months ago
The fragrance equivalent of biting into a chocolate right after you’ve brushed your teeth.

by Rainermitai
by AndiK87
by AaronMulle
by AaronMulle

Popular Versace

Versace pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Versace pour Homme Dylan Blue (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Versace L'Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Versace The Dreamer (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Versace pour Homme Oud Noir by Versace Versense by Versace Versus Uomo (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Gianni Versace (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Eros (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Versace Man Eau Fraîche (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Blonde (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Crystal Noir (Eau de Parfum) by Versace Eros Flame by Versace Versace pour Femme Oud Oriental by Versace Versace Man (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Crystal Noir (Eau de Toilette) by Versace Blue Jeans by Versace Versace Woman by Versace V'E Versace (Eau de Parfum) by Versace Versace pour Femme Dylan Blue by Versace