Rapture (1992) Cologne

Rapture (Cologne) by Victoria's Secret

Rapture (Cologne) is a perfume by Victoria's Secret for women and was released in 1992. The scent is floral-oriental. The production was apparently discontinued.

Top Notes Top NotesCitrus blossom, Orange blossom
Heart Notes Heart NotesFreesia, Jasmine, Bulgarian rose
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Musk, Vanilla, Heliotrope

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 14.04.2019

10.0 10.0 10.0 3.0/10

Love Or Hate, It's A Powerhouse
One spray gives me a thick, cloying, powdery assault of an old-school perfume that does not seem like a Victoria’s Secret scent one would expect. This is a sweet, heavy and intense cloud that will surround you if you over-spray. And over-spraying would be more than one push of the nozzle.
Syrupy amber? Yes. Intense florals? Most definitely. Spicy and nutty with an oily feel, Rapture takes me back decades when perfumes were powerhouses and strong-willed. This baby stung my eyes wide open.
Drydown reminds me of the unpleasant smell of opening an old musty cedar chest. The one spray that I’ve used has lasted for nine hours so far and I’m washing it off. It’s far too fleshy for me and headache-inducing.
There is no middle-ground for perfume-lovers here. It’s a love or hate fragrance.
My review is based on a bottle from the early 2000’s.
7.5 7.5 7.5 7.0/10

Voluptuous & Sexy
This underrated early 1990s floriental has warm, amber undertones with an orange flower and honey top. Well-blended. A bit like Givenchy Organza, but less syrupy and moire versatile. I don't know if the formulations have held up but the older one I have I recommend highly.

by Cincy