Very Sexy (2007) Eau de Parfum

Very Sexy (Eau de Parfum) by Victoria's Secret
Bottle Design: Gerresheimer

Very Sexy (Eau de Parfum) is a perfume by Victoria's Secret for women and was released in 2007. The scent is fruity-floral. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesCappucino, Clementine, Cactus blossom, Pepper
Heart Notes Heart NotesHydrangea, Camellia, Mimosa, Vanilla
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Blackberry, Woods, Musk

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 18.01.2019

7.5 5.0 6.0/10

If Pepper Were Sexy
The typical 'sexy' scent is usually something oriental or sugary sweet, so you can imagine my surprise when I discovered that Very Sexy by Victoria's Secret was peppery and fresh.

I see this fragrance shown quite often on YouTube in perfume collection videos. From what I can gather, it is one of their best selling fragrances at Victoria's Secret. I have never tried the original Very Sexy, so I have nothing to compare it to.

Honestly, I don't find it all that sexy, and neither does my boyfriend. It is certainly appealing, don't get me wrong, but it's not the first fragrance I'd reach for if I wished to spice up my image. My orientals and gourmands do that just fine. What this fragrance does do, is make me feel fresh, spicy and clean. In some ways, the strong pepper note makes this fragrance smell a little fiery and crisp.

Very Sexy is versatile and a sure crowd pleaser. The opening has a real bite to it, with zesty clementine and sneeze-worthy pepper. It also has a slightly masculine edge. I was glad that Very Sexy showed signs of complexity early on, cancelling out my fears that this fragrance would become linear and generic.

The heart is where the vanilla orchid and jammy blackberries are most prominent, later settling into a slightly powdery and warm drydown. From beginning to end, this fragrance is quite strong, so I suggest applying it with a light hand.

I would recommend this fragrance to those on a budget, who want something a little different to suit all seasons and occasions.
2.0/10

disappointing chemical scent
The note listing for this one is odd. It sounds to me like three different perfumes in the top, heart, and base. But I am always searching for good coffee and orange perfumes, so I got a sample. To my nose, it doesn't smell like orange or coffee. Actually, I'm not sure I smell any of the listed notes. Rather, it's a chemical mishmash with hints of Murphy’s Oil Soap. It wouldn’t bother me to smell this as a public bathroom air freshener, but I don’t want to smell like this myself.