Strawberries & Champagne

Strawberries & Champagne by Victoria's Secret

Strawberries & Champagne is a perfume by Victoria's Secret for women. The release year is unknown. The scent is fruity-floral. The production was apparently discontinued.

Top Notes Top NotesStrawberry
Heart Notes Heart NotesChampagne, Hyacinth, Blackcurrant
Base Notes Base NotesSandalwood

Submitted by Lobelia, last update on 27.12.2017

2.5 5.0 5.0 6.0/10

A Guilty Pleasure
Shhh...don't tell anyone ...but actually..(whisper it, now) I kinda like this...

Despite my dislike of all things pink and frooty, I do actually find the corners of my mouth turning up slightly when I raise my wrist to my nose.

It's bright and bouncy and just so very cheerful. It's a strawberry cassis champagne cocktail, it does exactly what it says on the tin. OK so it's not sophisticated. It requires no intellectual effort to dissect, enjoy and appreciate it. Would I wear it to a job interview? No. Would I wear it when I have seduction in mind? No. Will I wear it when I'm slobbing around the house in jeans and a soft snuggly sweater on a grey rainy day? Absolutely!

I certainly think it stands up to scrutiny just as well as Miss Dior Cherie, which is a fragrance I have (so far) intensely disliked with all its girly-girl strawberry caramel fug, but here the champagne takes the plastic strawberry note(and yes, it is a plastic-strawberry, what did you expect, miniature wild strawberries hand plucked from the banks of an Alpine stream?) down a few notches thanks to its slight champagne yeasty-toastiness, while the touch of sharp blackcurrant adds a little depth and richness to what could have been a pink plastic doll extravaganza.

It's no masterpiece, but it IS a whole lot of fun. It might be cheap but it's very very cheerful. Enjoy...

by Madkat