Flowerbomb (2004) Eau de Parfum

Flowerbomb (Eau de Parfum) by Viktor & Rolf
Bottle Design: Fabien Baron
Christmas 2013
Flowerbomb (Eau de Parfum) (Viktor & Rolf)

Flowerbomb (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Viktor & Rolf for women and was released in 2004. The scent is sweet-floral. The longevity is above-average. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Tea
Heart Notes Heart NotesFreesia, Jasmine, Orchid
Base Notes Base NotesPatchouli, Rose

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 07.12.2018

Bottle 10.0/10 Sillage 9.0/10 Longevity 9.0/10 Scent 8.0/10
On the test strip a dream on my skin a nightmare
I asked the saleswoman if I could have a short, because tester of candy and she said to me only unfortunately everything was sold out and the tester was also stolen. I was a little bit angry and she recommended me from Lancome the la nuit Tresor because it should be very similar to sweet from the smell, but this perfume I already bessas ...
She told me that maybe Flowerbomb might be liked so I just decided to test Flowerbomb.

On the test strip, he was just a dream. It smelled for me 0 Blumig rather Gourmandig (no idea why). She sprayed it on my skin so that I could get an impression that the skin and the test strips were always different from the smell. And that was true! In the beginning it smelled very similar to the test strip but 2 minutes later it was, just a nightmare! I just couldn't describe this rumor because it was so funny...I prayed that it wouldn't get any worse but it definitely got worse, I think you could easily perceive the heart note and jasmine was in the heart note. I've noticed lately when jasmine is contained in a perfume it ruins the whole scent process on my skin. Too bad me and Flowerbomb haven't become good friends.... i'd have loved him very much, but it's not gonna work out with us.
Bottle 9.0/10 Sillage 10.0/10 Longevity 9.0/10 Scent 9.0/10
Delicious Soft Plush Flowers
This fragrance is delicious. This is the signature smell of a good colleague of mine. When she walks by, the most wonderful scent will meet you. Really great and she gets compliments the whole day how wonderful she smells. She recently said that she is even being held on the street or wherever she goes. People want to know which fragrance they wear. If you smell it it is sweet, fluffy, the pathouli smell good and the flowers are also delicious. I myself bought the divine body cream (the pot). The body cream is even more expensive than the eau de parfum but worth every penny.
Strongly recommended.
Bottle 7.5/10 Sillage 7.5/10 Longevity 5.0/10 Scent 5.0/10
One flower show. Nothing to see here
This is all Cattleya Orchid, it's very sweet with a vanilla feel to it. It's edible. There isn't much else going on behind the Cattleya orchid. Every so often I get a spicy whiff of musk and patchouli, more so in the dry down. It's a nice gourmand but it's no show stopper.

May
2014
Mh...
Flowerbomb opens with an overwhelming blast of sugar and juicy-fruity notes with a subtle and quite weird sort of tomato-pimiento aftertaste (I thought of red pepper, but I don’t see it listed, so perhaps it may be due to the tea note whatever they built it with). Gallons of galaxolide provide a shampoo feel, adding power to an already quite nuclear and sickening concoction. Still, I also get some herbal-green nuances which I quite enjoy, that manage to add something fresh and crisp to this candy in a bottle. Honestly though, I get quite the “bomb” but not the “floral”, as Flowerbomb is basically more a sort of sugary-green gourmand with a warm heart supported by patchouli, and dusted with a powdery shade – these must be the flowers, but they’re so light and generic they could be anything. Just a whiff of soapy feel. Boring yet everlasting drydown. Intergalactically far from being a masterpiece, and still much far from being actually just barely good; but I won’t consider it a complete disaster, I guess fruity gourmand lovers may like this – in the end, it’s the same stuff many niche brands do at twice the price. Just – please! – apply it sparingly.

(did it really take all those people to make this?)

5,5/10
Scent 10.0/10
Flower ...Bomb
Just wonderful. Flowerbomb reminds of a much better, and that's a hell of a compliemnt, version of Coco Mademoiselle by Chanel. Yes, Flowerbomb is better because I can sense so many other perfumes in this that's bound to make it one of the best I've ever smelt. It's what a modern Guerlain and Chanel for that matter ought to smell like. Although some may say No, I think one day flowerbomb is going to became something like shalimar, Chanel No 5 or 19, and many others that are so dear for so many of us. Like I said about Spicebomb, FB is all that is said about it but the key is that FB is never too much of this nor too much of that. FB is just perfectly ballanced in all aspects that are relevant to make us smell nicer, cleaner, more comfortable, feel happy about ourselves no matter if only trhough some tinted lenses, and for a short while. We deserve.

I don't think Flowerbomb is more feminine than Dior Homme. It's only a matter of label.

This has nothing to do with LVEB. Well, apart from being sweet.
Bottle 10.0/10 Sillage 7.5/10 Longevity 7.5/10 Scent 10.0/10
spice wonder
Flowerbomb is a nice surprising oriental in the same pattern as "Euphoria", "black orchid", "play intense" and "Jimmy Choo". Even if the patcoulli is dominating in the beginning, a strange sweetness arises and a great blend of aromatic spice and orchid makes you feel happy. I can't describe the bottle which is magnificent and the juice inside is very long lasting. I love this perfume and I could wear it all year round. A very nice addition to my collection.
Scent 10.0/10
Crystalline Orchid Sweeties
Like a mother defending her young I couldn't resist swooping in to review to exonerate my baby! Okay guys I get it, all the common folks wear it, it's super popular. But like the change of the seasons flowerbomb will eventually be out of style, but not for me because my love is true blue baby. For those who say it's too sweet, well it is really sweet, you got me there, oh well.
Flowerbomb to me smells like crystal candies made out of flower sap and green tea. The osmanthus note in the beginning is sweet, a hint citrusy, and just gorgeous. From that point on Flowerbomb just explodes into this floral sugar crystal crazyness. I can smell cattleya orchid, rose, green tea, and even the jasmine notes in this fragrance. They all hang out in a hot sticky sugar mess that I just love. Although in the weirdest way this fragrance to me is not heavy! It's injected with ozone in this lovely way other fragrances with vanilla and caramel are not. It twinkles and shines, it's the candy shop tinkerbell of perfumes. It lasts forever, it blasts the first few hours then becomes softer. I admit I am in love with both stages. The flowerbomb bomb stage is big and fun, the softer stage sensuous and lovely.
I have been addicted to flowerbomb since 2011 but finally got my bottle near the end of 2012 and there is totally no going back. I have a 100 mL, 2 minis, a purse spray, a purse refill, and a whole bunch of samples and I regret nothing. I am stuck on this stuff. If I were a hindu god I'd give it 6 thumbs up.
Bottle 5.0/10 Sillage 2.5/10 Longevity 2.5/10 Scent 5.0/10
Powderbomb for me.
I was at Sephora testing fragrances looking for a gourmand, something with vanilla notes, something sweet yet spicy. The SA suggested Flowerbomb, telling me it is their #1 seller. I had tried it before, knew what would happen and was busy sniffing others. She was persistent tho, telling me how "vanilla" it was on her, and how "I really should try it" since the perfumes I was choosing all had vanilla, patchouli or musk somewhere in their notes. I love orientals and that's what I had come in to look for.
So finally I sprayed some on and waited for the initial drydown. I let the SA smell my wrist and she exclaimed, "Oh no...all I smell is powder. That's not what it smells like on me." And she was right. I've sampled this before, and all I get is a powdery scent from it. Now don't get me wrong, I like powdery scents, but I also like to get some other notes mixed in, too. But, unfortunately, nothing else comes out of Flowerbomb for me. Just pure powder.
I enjoy complexity in my perfumes. Had I purchased it, the only way I could use it was as an addition to other perfumes as a mixer to balance or create.
Obviously, it's a hit for so many people, tho. I say give it a try and see how it works for you. It's not offensive at all, it's a soft, pretty powder, and I cannot justify the expense for one sole scent on myself.
Fascinating how scents mix so differently on people. One woman's treasure is another woman's garage sale. Powderbomb for me.
Bottle 5.0/10 Sillage 10.0/10 Longevity 10.0/10 Scent 6.0/10
Sweet Sugar Bomb
This is a 'bomb' alright! And that the bottle looks like a hand-granate adds even more to the 'bomb' explosive flower smell that leaves you in shock and awe the moment you dare to spray this on! Don't get me wrong, I love florals IF they have other notes that keep them in balance. This one should have patchouli in it, but I can't smell anything but flowers dipped in sugar?
All I can say is: if you like flowers so much so that you can smell them all day long and don't mind tasting them: (smells reach your taste-buts after a while IF they are very potent) than this one is really the one for you.
I loved the idea and the list of ingredients and really, REALLY wanted to like it; and I'm sure there are lucky people out there who get to enjoy all the levels of ingredients in this scent, but for my nose it's just too much of a good thing.
longlasting!
it is still on my skin after:
1) washing my hands with soap.
2)submerging my hands repeatedly in bleach/ multipurpose cleaner
3) submerging hands in vinegar repeatedly
4)washing dishes
5) doing smelly animal chores (horses)
6) submerging hands in bleach again
7) washing my hands
8) after all that, it is still there from 4 hours ago.

(not that I dont like it, I just had things to do and frankly it amazed me)

Middle notes smelled like......
Minty cotton candy
yeah, strange huh?

There is not vanilla shown in the notes, but I smell a lot of vanilla left as a base note on my skin.
Bottle 10.0/10 Sillage 7.5/10 Longevity 7.5/10 Scent 6.0/10
Sugarbomb
I was impressed by this perfume. I thought the bottle was very creative and unique, and the scent equally as nice.

Although this fragrance doesn't really appeal to my tastes in perfume, I can appreciate Flowerbomb for what it is.

Flowerbomb is a strong floral with beautiful hints of vanilla and tea leaves. The scent is sweet and powdery without being too overpowering, and is warm and soft on the skin.

This fragrance is similar to Angel by Thierry Mugler, in sweetness and in popularity. Like Angel, this fragrance either grabs you or disinterests you.

I might have considered purchasing this perfume if it wasn't so expensive, however I understand that Viktor & Rolf are an exclusive brand and wish to be noted in same league as Chanel and Guerlain.

Jazzy76 10 months ago
A flowery explosion with a very strong sillage in a particular and refined bottle. These are the bombs we want!+1
Bottle 8.0

by Mellisande
by Gwiazdka72
by Gwiazdka72

Popular Viktor & Rolf

Spicebomb by Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb (Eau de Parfum) by Viktor & Rolf Spicebomb Extreme by Viktor & Rolf Bonbon by Viktor & Rolf Antidote (Eau de Toilette) by Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb Eau de Parfum Extrême by Viktor & Rolf Spicebomb Eau Fraiche by Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb La Vie en Rose 2011 by Viktor & Rolf Eau Mega by Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb (Eau de Toilette) by Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb Bloom by Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb Nectar by Viktor & Rolf Bonbon Couture by Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb La Vie en Rose by Viktor & Rolf Spicebomb Night Vision by Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb Rose Explosion by Viktor & Rolf Bonbon Spring Summer 2018 by Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb La Vie en Rose 2013 by Viktor & Rolf Bonbon Spring Summer 2017 by Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb La Vie en Rose 2014 by Viktor & Rolf