Flowerbomb 2004 Eau de Parfum

Flowerbomb (Eau de Parfum) by Viktor & Rolf
Bottle Design Fabien Baron
Flowerbomb (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Viktor & Rolf for women and was released in 2004. The scent is sweet-floral. The longevity is above-average. It is still available to purchase. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Tea
Heart Notes Heart NotesFreesia, Jasmine, Orchid
Base Notes Base NotesPatchouli, Rose

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 04.05.2021.

Bouquet
This fragrance is for me like a bouquet of different flowers. Floral sweet and very long lasting. Best to wear spring and summer. It is not heavy but also not light. Flacon is beautiful, I bought the gift set in book form
GoldenSun
More is more and sometimes too much
"Flowerbomb", the name says it all. Only it's a bomb in my eyes, threatening to burst soon with heaviness and sweetness. Where are the flowers? They're hiding under a gourmand, sticky, heavy blanket! This scent literally screams to me, "OMG I am soooo popular, you must have sniffed me. Every woman digs me and I turn men's heads, I'm soooo sexy and feminine!" But for me, this fragrance is just too loud, too much and not sensual at all. There's nothing mysterious about it, it's just there and it's a bit too much for me with its presence. And that with my life motto "more is more" :D. What I have to hand it though is its bergamot combined with black tea. That's a nice combination and the scent unfolds after half an hour also a bit in another direction. Other than that though, I can't understand the hype. For me, this perfume is on the same track as Scandal by Jean Paul Gaultier and La vie est belle by Lancome. These are those top 3 famous fragrances that everyone knows and everyone absolutely has to know .... unfairly in my opinion, because there are many more fragrances on the market that deliver a beautiful, unique, mysterious performance and aren't even remotely as well known as this one. And these don't even have to be the beautiful niche scents. But that's what makes these scents unique, too. So my conclusion is Flowerbomb, I'm not a fan, but I don't want to hate either. After all, it always depends on how a fragrance develops on the skin. And it can smell divine on another skin. Just you and I don't match and that's totally fine :)
Warmth on cold wet days
I have many spring scents, floral, light, fresh. But I was looking for a perfume for the gray, wet days when you want to snuggle up at home and look out.

Flowerbomb is floral, yet not fresh, but almost gourmand, warm, soft. Enveloping in a thick floral blanket that reminds you of the beautiful days and the gray can endure
DonJuanDeCat
When screeching perfumas scream at me to make sure I test the scent....
Hello dear sniffers and welcome to my latest comment. Today I come to a fragrance that I had actually not so in the target, but apparently Flowerbomb by Viktor & Rolf belongs to the fragrances that have quite so his followers and some of these followers constantly annoy me with these fragrances to test but also times. It is indeed longer ago that I was nagged here because I would never test these fragrances, but I suspect here as always Girlofnow! :D
And so that I also test the fragrance yes, she had even brought support of another screamer, namely Laleczka, aaargh!!!

So it came that both furies have nagged me again and again, screamed at me and even threatened with beatings (boah, I'm pretty sure that especially Laleczka can hit in the most brutal way... :D). And now, well, I finally got a sample of this fragrance. Now I can finally tell what it's like. And I really hope the scent is grotty bad, so the two crybabies will have to read my scathing review with tears in their eyes.... :DDD

Mu ha ha ha, I can be bad too, right? But well, I don't even know what the scent is like yet, so I'll spray it on myself right now and yeah, here we go!

The fragrance:
The fragrance starts floral sweet and a little heavy or opulent. Bergamot exudes its citrusy scent (though it also reminds me a bit of oranges, though more watered down oranges), I smell sweet scents that should come from the jasmine, plus there are other floral scents that I attribute to freesia and roses, where I think I can also smell the orchids, as this opulent orchid scent seems a bit familiar from scents like Black Orchid, but at least in this scent here it doesn't emanate cruelly deadly like in Tom Ford's scent. If I'm not mistaken, I smell a little earthy patchouli in the background to this.
The specified tea I smell little to not at all,... a pity... :(
In the base, the scent continues to be sweet and floral opulent, I would also say a little sultry-sticky to it. The patchouli also becomes stronger and stronger and is even one of the main scent notes in the base, which also makes the fragrance seem much more mature. The scent is nice, yes, but I was expecting a sweeter and/or slightly less mature scent. The opulent bothers me slightly and thus prevents a higher rating with me.

The sillage and the durability:
The sillage is good, but I imagined the fragrance a tad more bombastic. Nevertheless, he is but well radiating and thus for a while good smellable, especially since you leave a decent fragrance cloud with it. The durability is also good, the fragrance holds out loosely so ten hours on the skin.

The flacon:
I like the flacon. I like bottles that just look different than the typical rectangular or cylindrical bottles. This one looks like a hand grenade (sure, FlowerBOMB) and has been filled with a pink fragrance liquid, so it all looks like a hand grenade for today's modern fury :D

Conclusion:
Soo, with that said, I have finally tested the fragrance. Now bitchy,... er I meant screaming perfumas like Girlofnow and Laleczka can rest... you would think. But now they'll complain even more because I didn't like the scent that much (or rather, I didn't rate it highly enough) and secondly, I'm supposed to test all the other Flowerbombs as well.... *sigh*
It's hard to write comments here, never can you please everyone and never is one grateful... pfft...

Yeah, I think Flowerbomb EDP is just okay, but nothing more. The mature appeal of the fragrance is basically a double-edged sword. Because thereby younger girls can actually be deterred, since the fragrance might seem inappropriate for them, even if the fragrance is still weeeeefar from being a so-called "granny fragrance", but patchouli just has a certain charisma. And the older girls might be bothered by the almost youthfully playful bottle, so they wouldn't even reach for the bottle for a test.

But maybe I'm just interpreting too much into it and I'm just wrong with you girls, after all, it's not for nothing that women are stupid ... uh I meant that one (s) woman will never understand! :D

Anyway, you should just have tested this fragrance yourself to be able to form a better opinion. Maybe you like it, maybe not, no matter what year you are :D From the fragrance type I would classify it in the fall, as a going out fragrance and so.

Oh and Girlofnow and Laleczka, leave the pitchforks in the basement, you don't need to hunt me down right away, just because I once called you furies,... because you should be used to that by now, that I call everyone bonkers and stuff, right? :D

Hey hey, well then, that's it from me again! Have a nice evening and see you all next time :)
Flowerbomb - Sweet floral joy in a bottle
Flowerbomb I find delightfully uncomplicated, but it is also not flat, rather round and soft. In my opinion, Flowerbomb is very sweet, which I do not find disturbing here. The sweetness is just part of the concept. If you don't like it sweet in general, then Flowerbomb is probably not the right thing. I actually hear a teen note and find that great.
Flowers, tea, sweetness...Nice combination.
At low dosage, even the environment should be able to find peace with the fragrance. The freesia note loosens up the perfume a bit and gives some freshness, which should not have been missing here either, because Flowerbomb slips almost into the gourmand genre.
I do not classify him there yet, because you can already perceive the floral notes, but they do not impose themselves here and it results rather a dense cloud of fragrance, which can not be particularly well broken down into individual components.
Flowerbomb is playful, but far from wild and well wearable if you pay a little attention to the dosage.
Personally, I only like it if not too much is used. If that is the case, then Flowerbomb is by all its sweetness namely so sweet that he becomes intrusive.
A flower explosion ?
When I got my hotly anticipated Flakonipäckchen the other day, I was very disappointed. Blind buy probably gone mighty wrong! Fortunately, a few perfume samples were there and one of them this breathtaking marvel! A floral explosion like I have never experienced before. I smell honey, honey and more honey followed by a floral bomb? which directly stimulates all my senses. This fragrance definitely lives up to its name. A symphony of the senses
The girlfriend scent
Through a Beauty Box, which is sent to me for just $15 a month, I have been able to enjoy a 7 ml Flowerbomb EdP miniature. The miniature flacon looks exactly like the original flacon, a small pink "hand grenade" with a rose-gold lid and black lettering, which looks very nice. I also like the scent.

In the prelude I clearly sniff bergamot, which together with the tea (I suspect it is black tea) smells wonderfully of Earl Grey. Tea Time! Slowly more and more flowers, the freesia, the jasmine, the orchid and the rose join in. The flower scents are finely interwoven so that not a single note stands out. At this stage, the fragrance is fine, sweet and delightful. And yes, it reminds me a little bit of La Vie Est Belle (the EdT), which a friend of mine wears. When I wear Flowerbomb, I automatically think of her. Which is nice because there's an ocean separating us. She is a love, always ready to listen to me and like me she loves perfume and make-up. When no ocean separated us, we often met, talked for hours, put on make-up and took pictures, or watched series together (e.g. House of Cards). I think of these beautiful moments when I wear Flowerbomb. Patchouli gives the fragrance more depth and almost chocolaty accents, which makes it look gourmand.

But there is one little thing I could criticize about this scent: my Sillage is very weak, so that I have to add more often. In addition, I find the scent a little too "smooth" and "cool". I do not know how else to express it. But since it makes me wallow so beautifully in memories of my dear friend, I like to wear it very much. For me, this fragrance is almost like an ode to friendship!
- The search is over
It was the currant that brought us together. Connoisseurs of the fragrance may wonder: the what? There is no currant in the fragrance pyramid and the fragrance does not smell fruity. - Yes, you're right. That's exactly the point.

Ever since "La Vie est Belle" was launched in 2012, half the female population has been going crazy for this fragrance. I also bought it blind some time after its release. There was a hell of a bargain for a 75 ml bottle. From the description I could not be wrong with this scent. I like sweet scents. The flacon is a jewel and in winter I also use the scent from time to time. But there was always one shortcoming: the scent I perceived when I smelled the spray head was always wonderful. Floral, warm, sweet and flowery. On the skin and clothing, however, one could clearly perceive the currant. And it's annoying. Thus began the search for a fragrance that smells like the spray head. The first candidate was "Sì", but there it was again: the currant. In this case, so overdosed that I really felt sick. A flop. Then I came across "Flowerbomb" and my search was over.

I had often heard of this fragrance before, but never tested it consciously - I just couldn't get around to it. Fortunately, I found a "Flowerbomb" sample in my sample box. A splash on the wrist and it was immediately clear: this is it.
Warm, sweet, floral - and all this without the sourish, biting fruit. Quickly the next worry crept in : please don't let this be only the top note. - but no. The fragrance does not show any significant scent on my skin. It always smells wonderfully of caramelized flowers and a touch of black tea. I find the delicate tea note wonderful. It takes the sugar out of the sails a little bit, looks minimally smoky. Adult. This way the scent stays on my skin. I find the Sillage quite pleasant - you can decide how intensely the scent should be perceived. It is not overwhelming, but it is definitely "there". The durability is good. On the skin it lasts 5/6 hours, on clothes also 8 hours. Even after that you can still perceive a delicate touch.

I think "Flowerbomb" is beautiful and have been a great friend of the whole series ever since. Furthermore, I have now realized that fruity notes and I are at least in conflict with each other in heavy and sweet fragrances. They always bother me. But what the heck - there's something for everyone. For me it is "Flowerbomb"
CandyScent
The only bomb that was supposed to explode...
Flowerbomb belongs to the fragrances that have a constant place in my collection. But I discovered it relatively late (for me). And it went like this:

One fine holiday, I wandered around a perfumery. Always on the lookout for a new treasure, my eyes fell on a V&R sales booth. Here, like a shrine, all the collector's bottles and special editions of Flowerbomb were lined up and shone at me. Or did I shine a light on her? There were golden, silver, glittering flacons decorated with flowers or bows, all of which made my heart beat faster.

I knew of its existence for quite some time, but I had never tested Flowerbomb before. The reason for this is quite simple: I do not like purely floral fragrances. But the name and the scent suggest exactly that... Far from it, as I shall soon learn.

Dazzled by its beauty, I grabbed a golden bottle with a golden flower (if anything, then yes!) and sprayed boldly on my forearm. What happened then can be confidently described as 'falling in love'. The flowers were sugared! Quasi pollinated, if you like. A heavenly, wonderfully sweet aura surrounded me. Tender, almost fragile. (Almost a little too tender, for my taste. As an avowed fan of strong, intense fragrances, it might be a little bit more here :-)

The sweetness of the flowers is slowed down by the patchouli as it progresses, without becoming too pungent or prickly. The scent is nevertheless quite linear, which I find very beautiful. After all, it was love at first sight and I would have been a pity if only the top note would really inspire me.

The biggest and only shortcoming of Flowerbomb for me, as already indicated, are H&S. Contrary to the local ratings and assessments, the scent on me unfortunately becomes relatively quickly very close. This circumstance made me almost desperate, so that I gradually bought both older and newer batches/formulations for testing. Perhaps a reformulation was responsible for the fact that the Bömbchen lost to Bumms? But in conclusion I can say that this is not the case and that it is probably simply due to my skin chemistry... :-( In any case I could not find any significant differences. Except that the fragrance undergoes a natural "fermentation process" over time and darkens. However, this does not detract from the fragrance experience.

Fortunately, there is a whole arsenal of wonderful care products that can be purchased to complement Flowerbomb. For a long time I worked with the Body Lotion or Body Cream and applied it as a base before spraying on. Recently I am now also the proud owner of the Body Oil, which absorbs super fast due to its silky texture and is wonderfully suitable as a base.

As you can see, I never give up! :-D

Love, Peace & Flowerbomb
Like Spain in summer
My boyfriend sniffed me. "You smell like Spain in summer," was his comment and he stuck to me for the rest of the day. I wore Flowerbomb a few years ago in late summer. A week later I walked through Düsseldorf. Coffee at Starbucks: The salesman sniffs. "You smell good!" I spent the rest of the day on the road smiling. Several times I was asked about the "incredibly great scent". Men only. Flowerbomb actually seems to be a small bomb. And this, even though I can't smell any flowers. Every time I get caramel, chocolate, fig, date, a little bitter and somehow smoke into my nose. A beautiful gourmand scent, ideal for the evening or for cool autumn days. The Sillage is above average. You can smell it for a long time, you can smell it far and you should not have a sensitive stomach on days when you wear it, because it is rich and actually reminds a little of Spanish tapas. I must agree with my beloved at the time. I love him on cold days when at least the meter around me should smell homey. But it is not a tame sweet cuddlyness, but rather the bearskin in front of the fireplace. ¡Viva la Flower!

Rolk70Rolk70 11 months ago
Beautiful, soft, powdery, fresh, and floral.
Jazzy76Jazzy76 3 years ago
A flowery explosion with a very strong sillage in a particular and refined bottle. These are the bombs we want!

by Zora
by Arlufkin
by Schahram
by Schahram

Popular Viktor & Rolf

Spicebomb Extreme by Viktor & Rolf Spicebomb by Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb (Eau de Parfum Extrême) by Viktor & Rolf Antidote (Eau de Toilette) by Viktor & Rolf Spicebomb Eau Fraiche by Viktor & Rolf Bonbon (Eau de Parfum) by Viktor & Rolf Spicebomb Infrared by Viktor & Rolf Bonbon Couture by Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb La Vie en Rose 2011 by Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb Dew by Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb Nectar by Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb (Eau de Toilette) by Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb Midnight by Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb La Vie en Rose by Viktor & Rolf Eau Mega by Viktor & Rolf Spicebomb Night Vision (Eau de Parfum) by Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb Rose Explosion by Viktor & Rolf Magic - Lavender Illusion by Viktor & Rolf Spicebomb Night Vision (Eau de Toilette) by Viktor & Rolf Bonbon Spring Summer 2018 by Viktor & Rolf