Flowerbomb 2004Eau de Parfum

Flowerbomb (Eau de Parfum) by Viktor & Rolf
Bottle Design Fabien Baron
Flowerbomb (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Viktor & Rolf for women and was released in 2004. The scent is sweet-floral. The longevity is above-average. It is still in production. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Tea
Heart Notes Heart NotesFreesia, Jasmine, Orchid
Base Notes Base NotesPatchouli, Rose

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 19.11.2020.

The girlfriend scent
Through a Beauty Box, which is sent to me for just $15 a month, I have been able to enjoy a 7 ml Flowerbomb EdP miniature. The miniature flacon looks exactly like the original flacon, a small pink "hand grenade" with a rose-gold lid and black lettering, which looks very nice. I also like the scent.

In the prelude I clearly sniff bergamot, which together with the tea (I suspect it is black tea) smells wonderfully of Earl Grey. Tea Time! Slowly more and more flowers, the freesia, the jasmine, the orchid and the rose join in. The flower scents are finely interwoven so that not a single note stands out. At this stage, the fragrance is fine, sweet and delightful. And yes, it reminds me a little bit of La Vie Est Belle (the EdT), which a friend of mine wears. When I wear Flowerbomb, I automatically think of her. Which is nice because there's an ocean separating us. She is a love, always ready to listen to me and like me she loves perfume and make-up. When no ocean separated us, we often met, talked for hours, put on make-up and took pictures, or watched series together (e.g. House of Cards). I think of these beautiful moments when I wear Flowerbomb. Patchouli gives the fragrance more depth and almost chocolaty accents, which makes it look gourmand.

But there is one little thing I could criticize about this scent: my Sillage is very weak, so that I have to add more often. In addition, I find the scent a little too "smooth" and "cool". I do not know how else to express it. But since it makes me wallow so beautifully in memories of my dear friend, I like to wear it very much. For me, this fragrance is almost like an ode to friendship!
- The search is over
It was the currant that brought us together. Connoisseurs of the fragrance may wonder: the what? There is no currant in the fragrance pyramid and the fragrance does not smell fruity. - Yes, you're right. That's exactly the point.

Ever since "La Vie est Belle" was launched in 2012, half the female population has been going crazy for this fragrance. I also bought it blind some time after its release. There was a hell of a bargain for a 75 ml bottle. From the description I could not be wrong with this scent. I like sweet scents. The flacon is a jewel and in winter I also use the scent from time to time. But there was always one shortcoming: the scent I perceived when I smelled the spray head was always wonderful. Floral, warm, sweet and flowery. On the skin and clothing, however, one could clearly perceive the currant. And it's annoying. Thus began the search for a fragrance that smells like the spray head. The first candidate was "Sì", but there it was again: the currant. In this case, so overdosed that I really felt sick. A flop. Then I came across "Flowerbomb" and my search was over.

I had often heard of this fragrance before, but never tested it consciously - I just couldn't get around to it. Fortunately, I found a "Flowerbomb" sample in my sample box. A splash on the wrist and it was immediately clear: this is it.
Warm, sweet, floral - and all this without the sourish, biting fruit. Quickly the next worry crept in : please don't let this be only the top note. - but no. The fragrance does not show any significant scent on my skin. It always smells wonderfully of caramelized flowers and a touch of black tea. I find the delicate tea note wonderful. It takes the sugar out of the sails a little bit, looks minimally smoky. Adult. This way the scent stays on my skin. I find the Sillage quite pleasant - you can decide how intensely the scent should be perceived. It is not overwhelming, but it is definitely "there". The durability is good. On the skin it lasts 5/6 hours, on clothes also 8 hours. Even after that you can still perceive a delicate touch.

I think "Flowerbomb" is beautiful and have been a great friend of the whole series ever since. Furthermore, I have now realized that fruity notes and I are at least in conflict with each other in heavy and sweet fragrances. They always bother me. But what the heck - there's something for everyone. For me it is "Flowerbomb"
CandyScent
The only bomb that was supposed to explode...
Flowerbomb belongs to the fragrances that have a constant place in my collection. But I discovered it relatively late (for me). And it went like this:

One fine holiday, I wandered around a perfumery. Always on the lookout for a new treasure, my eyes fell on a V&R sales booth. Here, like a shrine, all the collector's bottles and special editions of Flowerbomb were lined up and shone at me. Or did I shine a light on her? There were golden, silver, glittering flacons decorated with flowers or bows, all of which made my heart beat faster.

I knew of its existence for quite some time, but I had never tested Flowerbomb before. The reason for this is quite simple: I do not like purely floral fragrances. But the name and the scent suggest exactly that... Far from it, as I shall soon learn.

Dazzled by its beauty, I grabbed a golden bottle with a golden flower (if anything, then yes!) and sprayed boldly on my forearm. What happened then can be confidently described as 'falling in love'. The flowers were sugared! Quasi pollinated, if you like. A heavenly, wonderfully sweet aura surrounded me. Tender, almost fragile. (Almost a little too tender, for my taste. As an avowed fan of strong, intense fragrances, it might be a little bit more here :-)

The sweetness of the flowers is slowed down by the patchouli as it progresses, without becoming too pungent or prickly. The scent is nevertheless quite linear, which I find very beautiful. After all, it was love at first sight and I would have been a pity if only the top note would really inspire me.

The biggest and only shortcoming of Flowerbomb for me, as already indicated, are H&S. Contrary to the local ratings and assessments, the scent on me unfortunately becomes relatively quickly very close. This circumstance made me almost desperate, so that I gradually bought both older and newer batches/formulations for testing. Perhaps a reformulation was responsible for the fact that the Bömbchen lost to Bumms? But in conclusion I can say that this is not the case and that it is probably simply due to my skin chemistry... :-( In any case I could not find any significant differences. Except that the fragrance undergoes a natural "fermentation process" over time and darkens. However, this does not detract from the fragrance experience.

Fortunately, there is a whole arsenal of wonderful care products that can be purchased to complement Flowerbomb. For a long time I worked with the Body Lotion or Body Cream and applied it as a base before spraying on. Recently I am now also the proud owner of the Body Oil, which absorbs super fast due to its silky texture and is wonderfully suitable as a base.

As you can see, I never give up! :-D

Love, Peace & Flowerbomb
Like Spain in summer
My boyfriend sniffed me. "You smell like Spain in summer," was his comment and he stuck to me for the rest of the day. I wore Flowerbomb a few years ago in late summer. A week later I walked through Düsseldorf. Coffee at Starbucks: The salesman sniffs. "You smell good!" I spent the rest of the day on the road smiling. Several times I was asked about the "incredibly great scent". Men only. Flowerbomb actually seems to be a small bomb. And this, even though I can't smell any flowers. Every time I get caramel, chocolate, fig, date, a little bitter and somehow smoke into my nose. A beautiful gourmand scent, ideal for the evening or for cool autumn days. The Sillage is above average. You can smell it for a long time, you can smell it far and you should not have a sensitive stomach on days when you wear it, because it is rich and actually reminds a little of Spanish tapas. I must agree with my beloved at the time. I love him on cold days when at least the meter around me should smell homey. But it is not a tame sweet cuddlyness, but rather the bearskin in front of the fireplace. ¡Viva la Flower!
Sexy Flower Bomb
Again something for the ladies: Flowerbomb! Many people know this beautiful fragrance because, like its male counterpart Spicebomb, it is well known and a real cash cow for the Dutch brand Viktor & Rolf. Flowerbomb is a fragrance that I love to give away. He scents ladies simply beautifully and provides for a beautiful companion especially in the evening and night life. As you can see from the comments and ratings here: Love or Hate fragrance. Since I love sweet, fruity and flowery accents in women's fragrances, this is entirely to my taste. For ladies who don't like it this is nothing.

I've bought this one before as a gift. In retail you can only grind your teeth at the prices. In the Internet there is this smell at acceptable prices, whereby the nevertheless elevated prices demands. But you save about 20-30 Euro already. The prices are justified in my opinion, since here high-quality EdP is sold with great Sillage and durability. The rest is a matter of taste.
Similar to its male counterpart, the bottle is an original bomb. I love this bottle series and I can only give 10 points for it. Great marketing and recognition value enormously high.
The twin here is La Vie est belle. Another banger smell in my opinion. Even though this fragrance is extremely popular, it is for me a totally feminine fragrance, which is simply extremely sexy and attractive. As a twin one can see Flowerbomb in part already. The fragrance is quite different in detail, but very similar in the coarse DNA. Definitely a great alternative for LVEB fans. Here at the start this crass currant note is missing, the flowery middle part goes roughly however in a similar direction. A fruity and juicy mandarin is present at the start. A very successful and slightly playful opening, which doesn't look cheap.
Flowerbomb is even more flowery to match the name. Jasmine, orchid and freesia in the leading role. A beguiling flowery mix, which is 100% feminine and 100% sexy in my opinion. At the end it ends with a smooth patchouli note paired with a velvety cashmere note. Very soft after the many sweet flowers. From beginning to end for me a fragrance that I like to smell at ladies.
For me above all a night scent, which is not only suitable for the very young girls. This fragrance is also available for Ü30 women. From the type and dress style I see this fragrance most likely in ladies who like to dress sexy or feminine. It is also suitable for a fragrance, as it comes across very sensual and attractive.

The performance is also very nice. One night he certainly holds with bravura until the morning hours. The Sillage is also convincing. 10 sprays a woman should not take, but even with normal dosage the Sillage is room-filling.

As a conclusion I can say: Even if this fragrance doesn't reach everyone here on this platform, it does attract the majority of men. A beautiful sexy fragrance for evening and night. I make my purchase and gift recommendation
GirlofNow
On the test strip a dream on my skin a nightmare
I asked the saleswoman if I could have a short, because tester of candy and she said to me only unfortunately everything was sold out and the tester was also stolen. I was a little bit angry and she recommended me from Lancome the la nuit Tresor because it should be very similar to sweet from the smell, but this perfume I already bessas ...
She told me that maybe Flowerbomb might be liked so I just decided to test Flowerbomb.

On the test strip, he was just a dream. It smelled for me 0 Blumig rather Gourmandig (no idea why). She sprayed it on my skin so that I could get an impression that the skin and the test strips were always different from the smell. And that was true! In the beginning it smelled very similar to the test strip but 2 minutes later it was, just a nightmare! I just couldn't describe this rumor because it was so funny...I prayed that it wouldn't get any worse but it definitely got worse, I think you could easily perceive the heart note and jasmine was in the heart note. I've noticed lately when jasmine is contained in a perfume it ruins the whole scent process on my skin. Too bad me and Flowerbomb haven't become good friends.... i'd have loved him very much, but it's not gonna work out with us.

Delicious Soft Plush Flowers
This fragrance is delicious. This is the signature smell of a good colleague of mine. When she walks by, the most wonderful scent will meet you. Really great and she gets compliments the whole day how wonderful she smells. She recently said that she is even being held on the street or wherever she goes. People want to know which fragrance they wear. If you smell it it is sweet, fluffy, the pathouli smell good and the flowers are also delicious. I myself bought the divine body cream (the pot). The body cream is even more expensive than the eau de parfum but worth every penny.
Strongly recommended.

Briarthorn
One flower show. Nothing to see here
This is all Cattleya Orchid, it's very sweet with a vanilla feel to it. It's edible. There isn't much else going on behind the Cattleya orchid. Every so often I get a spicy whiff of musk and patchouli, more so in the dry down. It's a nice gourmand but it's no show stopper.

May
2014

Mh...
Flowerbomb opens with an overwhelming blast of sugar and juicy-fruity notes with a subtle and quite weird sort of tomato-pimiento aftertaste (I thought of red pepper, but I don’t see it listed, so perhaps it may be due to the tea note whatever they built it with). Gallons of galaxolide provide a shampoo feel, adding power to an already quite nuclear and sickening concoction. Still, I also get some herbal-green nuances which I quite enjoy, that manage to add something fresh and crisp to this candy in a bottle. Honestly though, I get quite the “bomb” but not the “floral”, as Flowerbomb is basically more a sort of sugary-green gourmand with a warm heart supported by patchouli, and dusted with a powdery shade – these must be the flowers, but they’re so light and generic they could be anything. Just a whiff of soapy feel. Boring yet everlasting drydown. Intergalactically far from being a masterpiece, and still much far from being actually just barely good; but I won’t consider it a complete disaster, I guess fruity gourmand lovers may like this – in the end, it’s the same stuff many niche brands do at twice the price. Just – please! – apply it sparingly.

(did it really take all those people to make this?)

5,5/10

Flower ...Bomb
Just wonderful. Flowerbomb reminds of a much better, and that's a hell of a compliemnt, version of Coco Mademoiselle by Chanel. Yes, Flowerbomb is better because I can sense so many other perfumes in this that's bound to make it one of the best I've ever smelt. It's what a modern Guerlain and Chanel for that matter ought to smell like. Although some may say No, I think one day flowerbomb is going to became something like shalimar, Chanel No 5 or 19, and many others that are so dear for so many of us. Like I said about Spicebomb, FB is all that is said about it but the key is that FB is never too much of this nor too much of that. FB is just perfectly ballanced in all aspects that are relevant to make us smell nicer, cleaner, more comfortable, feel happy about ourselves no matter if only trhough some tinted lenses, and for a short while. We deserve.

I don't think Flowerbomb is more feminine than Dior Homme. It's only a matter of label.

This has nothing to do with LVEB. Well, apart from being sweet.

Rolk70Rolk70 6 months ago
Beautiful, soft, powdery, fresh, and floral.
Jazzy76Jazzy76 3 years ago
A flowery explosion with a very strong sillage in a particular and refined bottle. These are the bombs we want!

by Zora
by Gwiazdka72
by Schahram
by Schahram

Popular Viktor & Rolf

Spicebomb Extreme by Viktor & Rolf Spicebomb by Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb (Eau de Parfum Extrême) by Viktor & Rolf Antidote (Eau de Toilette) by Viktor & Rolf Spicebomb Eau Fraiche by Viktor & Rolf Bonbon (Eau de Parfum) by Viktor & Rolf Bonbon Couture by Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb La Vie en Rose 2011 by Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb Dew by Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb Nectar by Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb (Eau de Toilette) by Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb La Vie en Rose 2014 by Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb Midnight by Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb La Vie en Rose by Viktor & Rolf Eau Mega by Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb Rose Explosion by Viktor & Rolf Spicebomb Night Vision (Eau de Parfum) by Viktor & Rolf Bonbon Spring Summer 2018 by Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb Bloom by Viktor & Rolf Spicebomb Night Vision (Eau de Toilette) by Viktor & Rolf