Flowerbomb La Vie en Rose (2009)

Flowerbomb La Vie en Rose by Viktor & Rolf

Flowerbomb La Vie en Rose is a popular perfume by Viktor & Rolf for women and was released in 2009. The scent is floral-fresh. The production was apparently discontinued.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Mandarin, Pink pepper, Tea
Heart Notes Heart NotesFreesia, Lily-of-the-valley, Rose
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Patchouli

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 08.02.2015

7.5 7.5 7.5 7.0/10

A flanker that is slightly better than the original
If you were to compare both the original Flowerbomb and this flanker side by side on your skin, you'll most likely find that they are very similar, but not identical. I actually prefer Flowerbomb La Vie en Rose for various reasons.

The trouble I had with the original Flowerbomb, was that it was too sugary and linear on my skin. I'm not certain as to what encouraged me to track down a sample of Flowerbomb La Vie en Rose, but I'm rather glad I did now that I look back on it.

The sugary aspect is still present in this flanker, however it's much smoother and less in your face. I find the tea and patchouli accords to be much stronger, with of course a bigger focus on rose. The rose note in Flowerbomb La Vie en Rose, is quite green and dewy rather than sweet or oily. I liken it to the scent of moist, pink rose petals.

I can't see how this fragrance isn't more popular than it is. I'm also devastated by the fact that it was a limited edition, as I have enjoyed wearing it so much. Actually my boyfriend is a huge fan of it as well.

I have worn my sample consecutively over the course of four days, and I must say that I'm rather enchanted by it. It's not too loud, nor too synthetic. I find it the perfect balance of fresh sweetness, earthiness and green nuances.

Interestingly enough, Flowerbomb La Vie en Rose lasted a lot longer on my skin than the original EDP of Flowerbomb did. This discovery left me a little shocked considering how strong Flowerbomb tends to be. I think that most of the original Flowerbomb's fans will enjoy this fragrance, however I also urge those that may have disliked its predecessor to give this flanker a fair chance.
7.5 5.0 5.0 7.0/10

Icekat
Flowerbomb on a romantic summer vacation
This Flowerbomb packed her bags and went on summer vacation in Paris. She left behind her sugar sweet marzipan and vanilla outfits and opted for bright and summer ones fashioned in rose and citrus notes. LA VIE EN ROSE is much lighter and brighter than the original one. The composition perhaps is not that unique (I find that the original one has more character) but nevertheless it is lovely, romantic and easy to wear scent in hot summer months.

I can see the difference between this one and the original one right away in the opening. LA VIE EN ROSE is bright and sparkly in the beginning with citrus notes of mandarin and bergamot. I do not smell much sugar in this scent but it still has sweet floral charm coming from the rose. The name implies that the rose will play the lead here but to me, the lily of the valley and freesia are quite noticeable in the heart notes and provided this crisp spring-like quality to the scent, which mingles nicely with the rose notes. The tea lingers in the background and provides a refreshing effect to this scent. The patchouli is subdued and though I do smell it mixing with a rose, it is not playing the same role as in the original one. The dry down is lovely and cozy with subtle notes of rose, amber and a hint of patchouli.

I find this scent does not have the same sillage and longevity as the original one. The original one lasted for days on my skin and clothes. This one fades away in 5-6 hours but still I find that the sillage is fine for the summer and I do not mind re-applying. Overall score is 7.5/10. LA VIE EN ROSE is a lovely summer scent that I would not hesitate to wear for a romantic summer trip. Definitely recommend.

Popular Viktor & Rolf

Spicebomb by Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb (Eau de Parfum) by Viktor & Rolf Spicebomb Extreme by Viktor & Rolf Bonbon by Viktor & Rolf Antidote (Eau de Toilette) by Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb Eau de Parfum Extrême by Viktor & Rolf Spicebomb Eau Fraiche by Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb La Vie en Rose 2011 by Viktor & Rolf Eau Mega by Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb (Eau de Toilette) by Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb Nectar by Viktor & Rolf Spicebomb Night Vision by Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb Bloom by Viktor & Rolf Bonbon Couture by Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb La Vie en Rose by Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb Midnight by Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb Rose Explosion by Viktor & Rolf Bonbon Spring Summer 2018 by Viktor & Rolf Bonbon Spring Summer 2017 by Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb La Vie en Rose 2013 by Viktor & Rolf