Spicebomb 2012

Spicebomb by Viktor & Rolf
Bottle Design Fabien Baron
Spicebomb is a popular perfume by Viktor & Rolf for men and was released in 2012. The scent is spicy-sweet. It is being marketed by L'Oréal. Pronunciation

Olivier Polge

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Grapefruit, Pink pepper
Heart Notes Heart NotesChili, Saffron, Cinnamon
Base Notes Base NotesLeather, Tobacco, Vetiver

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 22.10.2020.

The face of the advertising campaign is US-american model Sean O'Pry, photographed by Inez van Lamsweerde and Vinoodh Matadin.

The name sums it up...
A spicebomb - all the way.

Perfect for the winter. Spicy and warm... ...that's the way to think of Christmas. At least at home.

I think the smell is okay. It is basically not 100% mine, because I am more the fresh and fruity type. Nevertheless I find the scent good. And at this point I would like to say that.

Buy recommendation for every man. But please do not use in the office... Thanks :-D
Masculine (?) Casmîr or a stroll through the Christmas market
There are fragrances that are almost perfectly presented by their advertising faces; Spicebomb is one such. The first time I saw the advertisement for him, in the uncomfortable November while leafing through it
a Vogue (or was it one cubit? Doesn't matter, they all write the same thing anyway) at the hairdresser, I had to
i smiled and felt for a few moments at the sight of the handsome young man
back to ancient Greece and lavish banquets. This may well be due to the fragrant
High gloss pages that had formed to attack my nose.

The prelude comes as a powerful sweetness, but not alone; the peppery nuances are also immediately present and promise more in this direction so as not to leave the sweetness alone in the room. I think that this is a fragrance for men who prefer the direction of "Kouros", "Jean-Paul Gaultier" and similarly powerful "hammers" with an animal touch.
Spicebomb, however, gradually loses the massive sweetness of the opening, becomes increasingly powdery milder and thus much more pleasant. I hear the cinnamon; other spices abstain from me. But I would rather look for a "spice bomb" in the kitchen when preparing a six or seven course menu and not a patisserie! Spicebomb is for me a marzipan dish,
that invites you to nibble. But too much of it spoils the stomach
The scent remains on the skin for a long time and unfortunately its intensity also appears more or less artificial. Hence the comparison with Casmîr, which I think smells very similar.
I would not recommend Spicebomb to lovers of tobacco and leather fragrances, unless they are on a wild and romantic trip! A hint of tobacco lingers softly in the background; leathery notes, however, I miss or do not notice.
Dosed with sensitivity in summer, it will not miss its effect; in winter, however, it is probably easier to wear, as the cold makes a certain amount of sultriness more bearable.

Its wearers will love it! br />

the best to this day
I first fell in love with Spicebomb when I read the note list: tobacco, grapefruit, leather, pepper, vetiver... sounds amazing but Spicebomb wasn't available in my country (only the usual Armanis, CHs, Boss, etc are) so I had to get a decant online and patiently wait as it made its way through the never ending maze of customs. Expectations couldn't be any higher as I sprayed that SOB in my wrist only to get my socks blown by the scent.

Spicebomb opens somehow fresh with grapefruit and pepper and turns spicier and even slightly sweet towards the mid. You get the base notes all the way through but as time passes the become more dominant. Frags don't get any manlier than this, it's amazing and rugged and performs quite nice. Not sure if it's been reformulated but you can easily expect to get 7 hours the least with good projection for the first 3 hours.

Viktor & Rolf has put some great flankers and some not as great (Night Vision I'm looking at you) but out of them none has beaten the OG IMHO. The bottle is tacky I know and I f*cking love it!

Rquill67
Best for fall and winter
Sitting beside, and in-line with the extreme version of Spicebomb; the original Spicebomb from Viktor & Rolf is one of the best cold weather designer fragrances. It's warm, cozy, and spicy (apple pie spicy - sweet and beautiful). Absolutely love the scent. Best for fall and winter. I give this a 10/10!

The grenade of Spices
Before I left the house today to do things, I wanted to do myself a favor and sprayed some on my t-shirt. The prelude is spicy, sweet and fresh at the same time.
The notes I perceived most strongly:
Bergamot, cinnamon, tobacco and surprisingly for the first time vetiver (what I thought was thyme)
All in all a great fragrance, in a beautiful and humorous bottle.
I would like to add something to my experience with this fragrance.
I have been on Parfumo for about 3 years and have been using fragrances for quite some time.
I can't remember receiving several compliments from strangers on one of my perfumes in just one day (like today).
In this respect, Spicebomb has really hit people like a grenade of fine and aromatic oils.

And I'd like to say to newcomers. This incident shows once again that unknown designer fragrances cannot have a disturbing - on the contrary, even pleasant - effect on the people around the wearer (even spicebomb at 27 degrees in Cyprus)
That the bloated king of fragrances Aventus (I like him and have a 40ml bottle myself) is not imperative, just as Invictus (I own him) is not invincible ;)
Tanuki
It's raining, there's a storm coming.
You're the tanuki in the bushes, in the branches. ...yet you're still present. I feel the chill flowing around my skin. Your thick fur, warm and unblemished. I feel your warmth, and I look at the embers whose fire has gone out. As if you came from a faraway country and were as close and familiar to me as the forest in its most beautiful form and colour. Proud breast, unaware of you and carrying it within you. It does not show in your face. You are shy and wild and intensely deeply relaxed, sitting in your burrow and resting in your well-being

ScentSlave
I love Spicebomb (edt AND EDP)
This scent is great if you like the sweet/spicy stuff. I prefer the edt when it’s an outdoor encounter and I want it to project more, and the EDP for the closer, more formal events. The edt has more of a cinnamon blast, and has a wider projection radius, while the EDP is a tad bit lighter on the cinnamon, has more of a vanilla feel to it, and has a slightly longer longevity (but the longevity of the edt is still 6-8 hours). They’re definitely better for the colder months, as they simply PIERCE through the thick air. Both have excellent longevity and sillage, so it’s more of a matter of being inside or outside, how loud you want your projection to be, and if you prefer the cinnamon or vanilla to be louder. Either way I am happy to have them in my arsenal. A worthy buy for the spicy/sweet fragrance lover.

If you’re comparing it to Bvlgari Man in Black, as they are indeed similar; Spicebomb has a softer, sweeter resonance, while MIB is feels slightly more “mature”, and has a bit of a boozy undertone. The cinnamon note in Spicebomb edt is a little bit “louder”, while the longevity in projection is better, and the sillage trail is a bit more intense. I have them all in my collection, and I choose them for different types of occasions. They’re all great in my opinion, as again, I LOVE the spicy/sweet/dark fragrances.

Awesome stuff
My go to scent during the winter. This one never fails to impress. Such a good, safe scent. Smells more expensive than what you’ll pay. Plenty of compliments. Love the tobacco and vanilla note. Also very spicy and unique.

Rating: 8.8
Spice bazaar
I originally bought the fragrance for my dad when he was visiting Germany.

When I visited Papa in Brazil a few weeks later, my pretty little half-sister greeted me and I immediately noticed this incredibly good scent on her: spicy, oriental and yet also fruity and fresh at the same time. It suited her and she looked like an oriental princess with her long flowing hair and long skirt.

Of course, I had to know right away what that scent was. The one I gave Dad "Spicebomb". He was dad too strong...

Krass, I had this somehow male in memory, but on my sister he develops totally female.
I advised Papa to build the walls around the house a little higher, finally Princess was only 14 years at that time. :))

Back at home I bought the scent of course and right the first time I wore it a customer in the boique spoke to me and said: "You smell divine!"

For me Spicebomb is a good fragrance for men, but bombastic for women.

The bottle could be designed a little more unisex
I prefer to wear it on warm days and summer evenings.

Sillage and shelf life are top

Oldish2002
Bad guy cold weather killer
Very good fragrance. I had to start this way. For me, is pretty versatile. I wear it for nights out with friends, dressed like a semi bad boy or something. Also very good for wearing it when you cuddle with your girl. (But very careful with the trigger). Or just casual, nights out but less fragrance applied. It’s not named spicebomb for nothing. Spicy, kinda sweet, sharp and very pleasant. Performance ? I used it only once at the office (just for fun, used 2-3 sprays). I was very surprised. Many people told me that it smells very nice and powerful. I even got a compliment in the elevator, when I entered in. A girl was already there. We didn’t know eachother till that point. The fragrance was going on for at least 8 hours at that moment. The girl told me that I smell very nice and asked me what cologne I am using. So, even after 8 hours this bomb was going through the air. Excellent fragrance for me. Also, many other people have complimented me for it. Great one for my tastes.
Overall rating : 8/10

AithanAithan 34 days ago
2018 batch performs well as summer night scent @ tropical weather.
Sweet & Spicy. Love the scent.
KimJongKimJong 10 months ago
It's just the smell of Chinese digestive medicine made with cinnamon in summer, but it become a aesthetic and beautiful scent in winter.
Jazzy76Jazzy76 19 months ago
A spicy delight very good on the feminine skin too because deep and warm but not too heavy and masculine. Good sillage. I like it!
JoaoMartinsJoaoMartins 21 months ago
Can't smell it after 1h. Weak af. Too watery and synthetic...
Carlitos01Carlitos01 22 months ago
Wanna spice your life? Forget about spicy food or hearing the Spice Girls singing Spice Your Life.
Just spray three whiffs of SpiceBomb!
AmberScentAmberScent 2 years ago
I don't like an overload of spices and synthetic notes but spicebomb is blended to perfection. Buy and try or try and buy. Don't miss it.
ElysiumElysium 5 years ago
I tested Spicebomb, bunch of emotions came to me. So resinous, leathery, not too spicy. Best for fall and winter. It can be a signature scent
HermeshHermesh 5 years ago
Spicy, sweet and bold. A beautiful fragrance for summer evenings.

Für Fresh/maskulin.....die wahrscheinlich dümmste aller maskulinen Gebärden
by Thecombad
by Jens73
by Jens73

Popular Viktor & Rolf

Spicebomb Extreme by Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb (Eau de Parfum Extrême) by Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb (Eau de Parfum) by Viktor & Rolf Antidote (Eau de Toilette) by Viktor & Rolf Spicebomb Eau Fraiche by Viktor & Rolf Bonbon (Eau de Parfum) by Viktor & Rolf Bonbon Couture by Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb Dew by Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb La Vie en Rose 2011 by Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb Nectar by Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb (Eau de Toilette) by Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb La Vie en Rose 2014 by Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb La Vie en Rose by Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb Midnight by Viktor & Rolf Eau Mega by Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb Rose Explosion by Viktor & Rolf Spicebomb Night Vision (Eau de Parfum) by Viktor & Rolf Bonbon Spring Summer 2018 by Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb Bloom by Viktor & Rolf Spicebomb Night Vision (Eau de Toilette) by Viktor & Rolf