Spicebomb Extreme (2015)

Spicebomb Extreme by Viktor & Rolf
Bottle Design Fabien Baron

Spicebomb Extreme is a popular perfume by Viktor & Rolf for men and was released in 2015. The scent is spicy-sweet. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is being marketed by L'Oréal.

Top Notes Top NotesGrapefruit, Pimento, Black pepper
Heart Notes Heart NotesCinnamon, Cumin, Saffron
Base Notes Base NotesTobacco, Amber, Black vanilla, Cistus

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 23.01.2020.

10.0 10.0 10.0 10.0/10

Volker1964
Spice bomb of the best kind. Ingenious scent.
With Spicebomb Extreme, Viktor & Rolf has released an excellent fragrance. I like him very much.
This fragrance is very present and masculine A spice bomb from start to finish. A lot of pepper.
Tobacco notes are added. He has an oriental touch.
In spite of its very large presence, it is very pleasant. It also goes down very well with ladies. I think it's really great that scents like this still exist A fragrance for the colder days, rather something for the leisure/date. No office smell. Not necessarily for the summer Should you have tested it.
mas
With kind regards
9.0 9.0 9.0 8.0/10

DarkWinterCS
Soft spicebomb with vanilla bombs
Spicebomb from Viktor & Rolf has meanwhile developed into a truly popular brand. When I had the Eau de Toilette at the start after I appeared, it was a pure insider tip. Through Youtuber and the great fragrance combinations, the brand has become so well known that many people know the fragrances and have them at home.

Since I already liked the EdT so much, of course I grabbed the Extreme directly and tested it. The fragrance dominates according to the name, even more by its spiciness. This has become more exotic/oriental and is rounded off by very dominant vanilla. It is this vanilla that is also present throughout all stages of the fragrance. This is best noticeable in the base, as here a soft vanilla with delicate cinnamon totally highlights the fragrance.
In general, the fragrance is clearly smoother and more rounded than the EdT. But that is also the point for me, which is rather negative for me. Because of the much softer tuning, the fragrance has become too interchangeable for me. No question, it is still a great scent, which I also find good. However, there are fragrances that smell very similar to this one. Because especially at the EdT I like this pepper note with the chili catch, which is quite unique in combination with the delicate spices.

Therefore, the EdT remains the no-trainer in my collection and the extreme would only slide in if he really convinces me to the end or the EdT is discontinued.
10.0 9.0 9.0 9.0/10

Hammer
V&R Spicebomb Extreme is my first real fragrance I bought after I discovered my passion for fragrances with a classic (Hugo Boss - Boss Bottled).

Two weeks ago, I was out with a girl I knew in the evening. She picked me up at my house and I'm getting in the car with her. It took less than 30 seconds until she had noticed my scent & the first compliments for the scent came. She simply liked the spicy scent that lasted for a very long time.

I also feel very good with the Spicebomb Extreme, I must also say that nobody around me has this scent and, surprisingly, I only notice it very rarely when strolling through the city. I agree with the previous speakers and attest the fragrance an excellent durability and beautiful sillage.

For me also a clear winter/autumn scent - I prefer to wear it in the evening when I go out to my favourite cafe.
9.0 8.0 9.0 8.5/10

MikeMike
Another reason for stopping global warming
It was used by ancient Egyptians over 2000 years before the birth of Christ. It was considered a highly valued and precious gift for the Royals and Noblemen through the ages. It is all about Cinnamon, and what is nice that the Dutch played a huge role in trading and cultivation this precious spice.

This scent is all about Cinnamon and Winter, especially December making it one of my favorites during this season.
It is opening delicately with a bit of "metallic" scent, it might be grapefruit, after a while, we have perfect cinnamon with a hint of vanilla. What is great is not being too sweet but has a lot of character.

It was advertised as a weapon of mass seduction and as such, it is musculin and bold. It is perfect for the evenings, meeting with friends and family and even for clubbing. It might be too loud of the office environment even the casual one. Of course depending on type of business. Perfect condition for wearing it is light frost with a lot of white snow, mulled wine and smile on your face.
9.0 8.0 9.0 9.0/10

JamesBlond
Advent Advent, the Spicebomb is on fire!
Yes, there must be some fun and if you think you can find some deadly words here, you are at the wrong perfume!

Unfortunately a statement is not enough to describe the Christmas miracle you can get here.
Starting with the bottle.
He's hoping for action, adrenaline, and man's toys. Very noble, black and if you buy 90ml, certainly big enough so that even real men do not look like little children.
The sapwood here is made of plastic, but doesn't bother me personally at all, but the bottle itself is pretty heavy.
So I take the safety off and immediately spray the hero's water on my neck and my jaw folds into the bottomless depths.
Who thinks he's gonna be a Bradley Cooper, Chris Pratt or Bruce Willis, WRONG!
Congratulations, you're a baked apple now!
I just can't describe it any other way. This fragrance is not at all what you associate with the performance, but I am not disappointed.
The spice explosion at least lives up to its name and if the bottle were a baked apple, it would be THE Christmas perfume no.1!
Lots of cinnamon, super pleasant vanilla and lots of delicious things in the background, where I can imagine everything except the grapefruit. Pepper doesn't bother, tobacco smells only after 4 or 5 hours and rather in a chocolaty way.
It also doesn't look sharp at all, as if you would hold your nose in a bag of cloves or cinnamon, rather soft and sweetish.
Smelling like food is not nice, neither fryer fat nor roast goose.
Spicebomb Extreme still makes you feel comfortable. Man is not sexy, man is to bite on.
The performance is madness and even after 8 hours it is still as present as after 2.

There's only one minus point, and that's his raison d'être. Who wants to smell like baked apple except in December? After the holidays most people are tired of the smells, can't see the Christmas tree anymore and want to switch back to a healthy diet and if it's only enough for 2 weeks.
The Advent season belongs to the Spicebomb Extreme and then it comes back to the back of the shelf.

SteelerOpera
Great scent for winter and a case where the flanker is better than the original.
This reminds me of Initio Rehab quite a bit. I didn't want to pay the high price for Rehab and I'm glad I didn't. This is not an exact clone at all, but it comes close enough. This is a deep but pleasant fragrance that I go into more deeply in the video :)
8.0 10.0 10.0 10.0/10

FynnL
Great scent for the cold seasons!
A really interesting Flanker. I came across this fragrance by chance through a colleague and was immediately thrilled.

Scent development: The first hour is dominated by a sweet peppery note, which then gives way to a cinnamony-christmas smell that never smells too feminine. After a few hours the cinnamon smell gradually disappears and a spicy vanilla takes its place.

Durability: Enormous! Sometimes the smell is still perceptible on my jacket for days, although I never spray on it directly.

Sillage: Unsurpassed! Even in a well filled club you can smell the Spicebomb Extreme in a radius of about one meter. But it can also be a bit too intrusive for one or the other. In an office atmosphere, a single spray is therefore perfectly sufficient.

Flacon: Interesting idea and a nice bottle in itself, but unfortunately also looks a bit cheap. But it could also be that this is only my personal perception. Especially the idea with the "stopper" (in the form of a safety pin like a hand grenade) instead of a normal lid surprised me positively.

Price/Performance: Bombastic. A perfume with such durability + sillage and such a delicious fragrance is very rare.

Season: Winter! In the summer alone rather inappropriate because of the cinnamony, heavy smell.

As you can surely see from the text above, I'm really enthusiastic about this Flanker, but I also think that it's not for every day and certainly not for every occasion, because the smell is very intrusive and you smell full after a while. Therefore please absolutely rotate and have long fun with this fragrance!
Absolute recommendation to buy!
8.0 9.0 9.0 9.0/10

It Christmas very
Almost every day I was busy with V&R, because I couldn't decide if it would be the classic fragrance or the "Extreme" version. In the end I chose the winter/warm version because it's not so loud. Extreme he is by no means, find the normal bomb much more intrusive. This one comes with the foot through the door.

In autumn, when it gets cooler, I'm already looking forward to wearing SBE. It just fits this time of year. The days become greyer, the trees lose their leaves and it becomes damp and foggy.
But SBE starts where many people get a foothold in the darker seasons.

It caresses the wearer with a warm note. It smells nice and spicy with a gourmand sweet. It reminds strongly of the contemplative Christmas season at home with the family in front of the fireplace or at a Christmas market. The snow trickles quietly and the hand-warming mulled wine with a spicy note through the cloves and cinnamon sticks rises to the nose. You cuddle up together and enjoy the time with the people you like.

On the whole a very great fragrance that earned me many compliments. It has an attractive effect on the female sex, but it should be noted that it is only noticed after a few hours (approx. >6h) if you are very close. In a warmer environment, e.g. when you are inside, this changes quickly again. The top note gives me a headache when I smell it too often and too close like in the beginning when I was almost addicted to it.
9.0 9.0 9.0 9.0/10

ScentSlave
Epic scent for the fall and winter months
When it gets cold, this explosive scent blasts through with a purpose. That epic cinnamon pierces through the thickest cold air (although it’s not as intense as the edt), and it resonates long after, leaving your presence known. The king of the spicy fragrances, it may smell similar to One Million Prive or Bvlgari Man In Black, but THEY came AFTER Spicebomb, and you CAN smell the differences. The temperature really plays a big role in how this one wears; if it’s 75degrees or higher, the cinnamon is what rings out most. If it’s in the 60s or lower, the vanilla comes out more, and it’s almost a Christmas cookie vibe. It’s a fantastic scent if you like the sweet stuff.

If you aren’t into the Cinnamon scents; steer clear, but if you want something that gives your presence “warmth” in the direst cold, the Bomb is the king.
10.0 8.0 8.0 10.0/10

Fifasfanatic
Mocked and yet given away
Great fragrance, interesting bottle, durability and sillage didn't disappoint me either, but...

Positive:
Had bought the fragrance and often wore it to parties, the reaction of the ladies was always positive (but is also a type thing).

Then why did I sell him?
Since I was asked by several ladies if the "One Million" of Paco Rabanne is what I wear. Or partly only: "Hey that's One Million, smells good!" or similar.

Also I myself have compared both and must confess, smell nevertheless very similarly, if not even immediately (see last paragraph).

That's why I sold this fragrance, because I pay about 40€ less with One Million at 100ml and the H/S is even better if not better. In the future I'll probably use either One Million or a cheaper alternative if I'm looking for a masculine spicy fragrance.

As always, it is best to make your own picture, these are my experiences with this fragrance.

9.0 7.0 9.0 10.0/10

Star of the winter
Spicebomb Extreme a must for the winter. It begins with an "Extreme" strong spicy character, which flattens over time and releases a perfect mild cinnamon sweetness. The scent adheres to the body so that it cannot even be perceived from a distance of 30cm. However, this fragrance does not need this Sillage either, since it envelops the perfumer in a beautiful warm fragrance in winter.
10.0 9.0 9.0 9.0/10

bombastic
Spicebomb Extreme - Viktor & Rolf

Spicey? No, not at all. The name sounds awfully good, but Spicey is not the scent. Sweetbomb doesn't sound as cool as Spicebomb either
10.0 9.0 8.0 8.0/10

DerDefcon
The name is the program here
Viktor&Rolf Spicebomb Extreme is an eau de parfum with a definitive name. It was not for nothing that the "Extreme" found a place behind the "Spicebomb" during the naming process.

The fragrance starts, so my feeling, first quite sweetly, before a little later a strong spiciness, evoked by pepper and cinnamon, emerges. A user used the word "spice cabinet" and this is also quite apt. The sweetness, which is quite strong at the beginning, is well dampened by cinnamon and pepper, but also tobacco, so that this fragrance has no penetrating sweetness alá gummy bears or fruit.
After a few hours, the strong spice, which some people may find too strong, is softened and sweet notes emerge.
The sillage of this fragrance is absolutely "bombastic" or brutal. A sprayer on the arm joint is enough to give a "spicy" message to the person opposite, who is likely to be two metres away. The durability is also above average. Due to these two facts and the scent composition Spicebomb Extreme is not for the summer, unless you have the goal to clear an overcrowded subway compartment, because the Berlin public transport companies are constantly overcrowding their subways because of the short trains. It is a fragrance for the cold winter, for the Christmas market or even for the club, for all those who want to show the 1 million wearers that they can do even better.
I like the fragrance quite well in principle, but it hasn't become so with me, because it is simply too offensive for me, despite the low dosage. He is definitely not serious either and therefore nothing for the work or the restaurant visit. It is also well received by the younger generation. My parents didn't like him at all.
9.0 8.0 8.0 7.5/10

Pepper cinnamon bomb
I have tested this fragrance a few times, as well as the 1 Million Prive from Paco Rabanne.
I think both are very good because they are very similar.
Finally chose V&R. He's a little nobler.
The bottle alone is an eye-catcher.
Now for the fragrance itself:
It starts spicy, strong and round.
About an hour later it becomes softer and sweeter.
Tobacco I rather take was less.
Vanilla, on the other hand, comes out well.
The fragrance is very well rounded for my taste.
It has power, lasts longer on my skin,
than the Paco Rabanne 1 million Prive,
so I take in yet the next day on the clothes was.
Rather something for the cold season, like actually most, which I like.
I'll give you 8 out of 10.
9.0 10.0 9.0 9.5/10

Explosive and Loud
I truly love Spicebomb for the explosive and loud character! A spicy, peppery scent with vanilla finish for cold weather only! Great longevity and sillage and a unique bottle. Do not over spray, can become cloying!

spicebomb improved
Viktor & Rolf spicebomb EDP Review

scent...9/10
projection..9/10
Sillage..8/10
Longevity...8/10

This scent is perfect on my skin and here's why...
It only resembles the edt version which in my opinion is a good thing, now I do like the original but I don't love it. The original has some fantastic notes with the tobacco and vanilla and spices but they seem rough around the edges and a little unfinished, the performance isn't an issue either but the extreme version takes it to the next level and rounds out the notes in the edt and amplifies it's best parts, namely the tobacco and vanilla and pushes the harsh notes the background. The edp also adds a creaminess or smoothness to the originals composition, which makes the edp feel fuller, denser and more complex as a result..
I have problems with nearly all fragrances lasting on my skin whether they are edt or edp but not so with this one, I get around 10 hours of longevity and 6 hours of projection which in my opinion is perfect. For me the two stand out notes are the tobacco and vanilla, although the vanilla can come off slightly synthetic it is still very well done and blends well with the tobacco, the tobacco I find more natural and very smooth..
Many have said this shares many similarities with Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille but I just don't get that, the vanilla and tobacco are done very differently in each fragrance and both go in completely different directions.
So overall this is a worthy addition to anyone's collection and in my opinion an improvement over the original.
7.0/10

Spicebomb Noir
It's reminiscent of the original Spicebomb to me, but I'm not sure I would have called it Extreme. It seems more deep and dark than the original. Quite spicy, that's for sure. Spicebomb Noir would have been more fitting I think. ;-)

It reminds me of something that I can't quite put my finger on. My initial impression of the heart was that this could have been the lovechild of Spicebomb and A*Men Pure Havane. It starts out somewhat fresh spicy, but still it's more intense than the original Spicebomb.

I will do a side by side comparison with the original soon, to get a fair idea of performance on this one. To me it seems a little subdued compared to the original, but that's no surprise considering this is an eau de parfum concentration. They usually tend to be more dense and warm.

As for the bottle, I know many people find the grenade a bit tacky but I'm not bothered by it. But the colorscheme of thise one is definitely an improvement over the original!

Would I get a bottle based on this first impression? Well actually, yes, I think I would.

Itchynose 7 months ago
A lot of dry spice, saffron, cumin, cinnamon and a generous dose of pimento to round it all off. Oriental, a bit medicinal and very spicy.+2
Jazzy76 10 months ago
"Nomen omen": a true spicy bomb dominated by a warm cinnamon and a strong pepper note.Wonderful sillage. Perfect in winter.
5.0
Carlitos01 13 months ago
A bomb of manly black pepper, sweet cinnamon and mysterious black vanilla. Use carefully or you will change into a XXIst century Casanova!+4
10.0

by Mathias86
by Kenshin
by Kenshin

Popular Viktor & Rolf

Spicebomb by Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb (Eau de Parfum) by Viktor & Rolf Bonbon (Eau de Parfum) by Viktor & Rolf Antidote (Eau de Toilette) by Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb (Eau de Parfum Extrême) by Viktor & Rolf Spicebomb Night Vision by Viktor & Rolf Spicebomb Eau Fraiche by Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb Nectar by Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb La Vie en Rose 2011 by Viktor & Rolf Eau Mega by Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb (Eau de Toilette) by Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb Bloom by Viktor & Rolf Bonbon Couture by Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb Midnight by Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb La Vie en Rose by Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb Rose Explosion by Viktor & Rolf Bonbon Spring Summer 2018 by Viktor & Rolf Bonbon Spring Summer 2017 by Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb La Vie en Rose 2013 by Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb La Vie en Rose 2014 by Viktor & Rolf