Spicebomb Extreme (2015)

Spicebomb Extreme by Viktor & Rolf
Bottle Design: Fabien Baron

Spicebomb Extreme is a popular perfume by Viktor & Rolf for men and was released in 2015. The scent is spicy-sweet. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is being marketed by L'Oréal.

Top Notes Top NotesGrapefruit, Pimento, Black pepper
Heart Notes Heart NotesCinnamon, Cumin, Saffron
Base Notes Base NotesTobacco, Amber, Black vanilla, Cistus

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 23.05.2019

9.0 7.0 9.0 10.0/10

Star of the winter
Spicebomb Extreme a must for the winter. It begins with an "Extreme" strong spicy character, which flattens over time and releases a perfect mild cinnamon sweetness. The scent adheres to the body so that it cannot even be perceived from a distance of 30cm. However, this fragrance does not need this Sillage either, since it envelops the perfumer in a beautiful warm fragrance in winter.
10.0 9.0 9.0 9.0/10

bombastic
Spicebomb Extreme - Viktor & Rolf

Spicey? No, not at all. The name sounds awfully good, but Spicey is not the scent. Sweetbomb doesn't sound as cool as Spicebomb either
10.0 10.0 10.0 8.0/10

DerDefcon
The name is the program here
Viktor&Rolf Spicebomb Extreme is an eau de parfum with a definitive name. It was not for nothing that the "Extreme" found a place behind the "Spicebomb" during the naming process.

The fragrance starts, so my feeling, first quite sweetly, before a little later a strong spiciness, evoked by pepper and cinnamon, emerges. A user used the word "spice cabinet" and this is also quite apt. The sweetness, which is quite strong at the beginning, is well dampened by cinnamon and pepper, but also tobacco, so that this fragrance has no penetrating sweetness alá gummy bears or fruit.
After a few hours, the strong spice, which some people may find too strong, is softened and sweet notes emerge.
The sillage of this fragrance is absolutely "bombastic" or brutal. A sprayer on the arm joint is enough to give a "spicy" message to the person opposite, who is likely to be two metres away. The durability is also above average. Due to these two facts and the scent composition Spicebomb Extreme is not for the summer, unless you have the goal to clear an overcrowded subway compartment, because the Berlin public transport companies are constantly overcrowding their subways because of the short trains. It is a fragrance for the cold winter, for the Christmas market or even for the club, for all those who want to show the 1 million wearers that they can do even better.
I like the fragrance quite well in principle, but it hasn't become so with me, because it is simply too offensive for me, despite the low dosage. He is definitely not serious either and therefore nothing for the work or the restaurant visit. It is also well received by the younger generation. My parents didn't like him at all.

Pepper cinnamon bomb
I have tested this fragrance a few times, as well as the 1 Million Prive from Paco Rabanne.
I think both are very good because they are very similar.
Finally chose V&R. He's a little nobler.
The bottle alone is an eye-catcher.
Now for the fragrance itself:
It starts spicy, strong and round.
About an hour later it becomes softer and sweeter.
Tobacco I rather take was less.
Vanilla, on the other hand, comes out well.
The fragrance is very well rounded for my taste.
It has power, lasts longer on my skin,
than the Paco Rabanne 1 million Prive,
so I take in yet the next day on the clothes was.
Rather something for the cold season, like actually most, which I like.
I'll give you 8 out of 10.
9.0 10.0 9.0 9.5/10

Explosive and Loud
I truly love Spicebomb for the explosive and loud character! A spicy, peppery scent with vanilla finish for cold weather only! Great longevity and sillage and a unique bottle. Do not over spray, can become cloying!

spicebomb improved
Viktor & Rolf spicebomb EDP Review

scent...9/10
projection..9/10
Sillage..8/10
Longevity...8/10

This scent is perfect on my skin and here's why...
It only resembles the edt version which in my opinion is a good thing, now I do like the original but I don't love it. The original has some fantastic notes with the tobacco and vanilla and spices but they seem rough around the edges and a little unfinished, the performance isn't an issue either but the extreme version takes it to the next level and rounds out the notes in the edt and amplifies it's best parts, namely the tobacco and vanilla and pushes the harsh notes the background. The edp also adds a creaminess or smoothness to the originals composition, which makes the edp feel fuller, denser and more complex as a result..
I have problems with nearly all fragrances lasting on my skin whether they are edt or edp but not so with this one, I get around 10 hours of longevity and 6 hours of projection which in my opinion is perfect. For me the two stand out notes are the tobacco and vanilla, although the vanilla can come off slightly synthetic it is still very well done and blends well with the tobacco, the tobacco I find more natural and very smooth..
Many have said this shares many similarities with Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille but I just don't get that, the vanilla and tobacco are done very differently in each fragrance and both go in completely different directions.
So overall this is a worthy addition to anyone's collection and in my opinion an improvement over the original.
7.0/10

Spicebomb Noir
It's reminiscent of the original Spicebomb to me, but I'm not sure I would have called it Extreme. It seems more deep and dark than the original. Quite spicy, that's for sure. Spicebomb Noir would have been more fitting I think. ;-)

It reminds me of something that I can't quite put my finger on. My initial impression of the heart was that this could have been the lovechild of Spicebomb and A*Men Pure Havane. It starts out somewhat fresh spicy, but still it's more intense than the original Spicebomb.

I will do a side by side comparison with the original soon, to get a fair idea of performance on this one. To me it seems a little subdued compared to the original, but that's no surprise considering this is an eau de parfum concentration. They usually tend to be more dense and warm.

As for the bottle, I know many people find the grenade a bit tacky but I'm not bothered by it. But the colorscheme of thise one is definitely an improvement over the original!

Would I get a bottle based on this first impression? Well actually, yes, I think I would.

Jazzy76 59 days ago
"Nomen omen": a true spicy bomb dominated by a warm cinnamon and a strong pepper note.Wonderful sillage. Perfect in winter.
5.0
Carlitos01 139 days ago
A bomb of manly black pepper, sweet cinnamon and mysterious black vanilla. Use carefully or you will change into a XXIst century Casanova!+4
10.0

by 12terMann
by Kenshin
by Kenshin

Popular Viktor & Rolf

Spicebomb by Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb (Eau de Parfum) by Viktor & Rolf Spicebomb Extreme by Viktor & Rolf Bonbon by Viktor & Rolf Antidote (Eau de Toilette) by Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb Eau de Parfum Extrême by Viktor & Rolf Spicebomb Eau Fraiche by Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb La Vie en Rose 2011 by Viktor & Rolf Eau Mega by Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb (Eau de Toilette) by Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb Nectar by Viktor & Rolf Spicebomb Night Vision by Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb Bloom by Viktor & Rolf Bonbon Couture by Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb La Vie en Rose by Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb Midnight by Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb Rose Explosion by Viktor & Rolf Bonbon Spring Summer 2018 by Viktor & Rolf Bonbon Spring Summer 2017 by Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb La Vie en Rose 2013 by Viktor & Rolf