Bonbon (2014) Eau de Parfum

Bonbon (Eau de Parfum) by Viktor & Rolf

Bonbon (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Viktor & Rolf for women and was released in 2014. The scent is sweet-fruity. It is being marketed by L'Oréal.

Top Notes Top NotesMandarin, Orange, Peach
Heart Notes Heart NotesJasmine, Caramel, Orange blossom
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Gaiac wood, Sandalwood, Cedar

Submitted by Michael, last update on 19.10.2019

The face of the advertising campaign is model Edita Vilkeviciute, photographed by Inez van Lamsweerde and Vinoodh Matadin.

7.0 8.0 7.0 9.0/10

GirlofNow
I've been looking for you for a long time!..
I have always been very curious how sweet smells... I was always interested if this could be something for me, because I love caramel fragrances:))) But unfortunately, here in Switzerland you can very rarely buy or test candy in the shop itself!:(( What annoyed me a little bit! Once I finally had the chance to get some candy to test!:D And I just thought yes yes yes .... But the joy vanished as quickly as it came... Because the tester was empty:(( I asked the saleswoman if she had another tester and she said she didn't have one in stock at the moment... Since she noticed how much I wanted to test, she was so nice and said she gave me a tester at home (the small 2ml. bottles) so I can test the fragrance in peace at home:D About what I am mega grateful to her!:) Because with us, 30ml. cost almost 150Fr. which I find extreme! Especially since I don't want to spend so much money on a fragrance I don't know yet... But well now I finally had the chance to test this fragrance in peace and quiet:) Out of good curiosity I asked the seller if there are fragrances she knows that might smell similar or even better than candy... She also didn't think long and said that the La nuit safe of Lancome was very similar and that she preferred the La nuit partly more, because it stays longer with her and is more intense. Aha!;D So my baby should be similar to that...Although la nuit has quite different scents like candy has what irritated me a little bit, but no matter. I thanked her for the tester and the nice advice and then also went home:)))).

Arrived at home I beamed all over my face and went into my room and got the tester out of my jackets pocket:)))). Good that I did not wear perfume on that day because otherwise I could not perceive exactly or otherwise... Because the saleswoman said that la nuit should be similar to candy I was all the more curious:D Because I know la nuit in and out agile or better said in the head already know exactly how the fragrance I needed because, not to spray on my wrist. I gave myself 2.sprayer on the right wrist of candy and waited 2min.

The scent:)...:
Already when spraying on I could smell the peach - orange notes most intensively. Admittedly I was a little skeptical at the beginning whether I could really like this one... Since I don't like to smell peach sooo in smells... Especially if this note dominates very strongly in the course of the fragrance! But fortunately that wasn't the case. I could smell the peach note only the first 10-15min. After that the became weaker and weaker until I couldn't smell it anymore. (What I like about candy VERY, VERY well is... that which gets warmer and warmer as the scent progresses*-*) As the peach note became softer and softer, the caramel note came together. She surprised me the most! It was not too strong but also not too easy... It was a sweet but still very warm and cuddly caramel note*-* I couldn't smell anything but caramel for 6 hours*-*:D What disturbed me 0 was that I just liiiieve caramel in scents!:)))) Also my mother found the scent very pleasant:) My grandfather said I just smell nice after caramel and fruits:D Alsooo one sees this smell has brought me at least 2.compliments in one day:D....

Asooo the H+S is in my opinion too weak there, I could only smell 6.hours and 150Fr. already tooo much is as I find! But I liked the fragrance very much because of the tasty but also cuddly caramel note:)))) Now that most people are wondering, does this fragrance resemble la nuit??? Yes, but it's quite discreet... You can smell a similarity to la nuit but they don't smell the same! Because that, la nuit Beeriger+ Kramelliger and Vanilliger is while with candy on my skin only at the beginning the fruity notes are to be smelled and then only caramel was present or better said only on my skin to be smelled was:). What I personally like and don't mind but you have to be a fan of Gourmand fragrances:) One more question... How do YOU find this fragrance? Do you think it's better or don't you think it's worth buying? I would like to know your opinion;D
7.5 7.5 10.0 8.0/10

Bonbon Unwrapped
Wearing this makes me want to grab a bag of sugar and dump it down my throat while rolling around in caramel. This is a super duper sweet concoction of a fragrance. Whoooo!

On my skin I get that distinctive Viktor&Rolf base with a blast of sweet caramel and orange citrus. It's not a "cleaner" type citrus, but more of a fresh glass of sweet orange juice packed with pulp. Just the way I like it! The peach doesn't really come out on my skin until later on in the dry down. Peach usually isn't a note I'm fond of, but here it's done really well. The sandalwood and amber peek through giving Bonbon a bit of warmth and depth.

I didn't mind paying the high price for this. To be honest, I have other perfumes that are in the same price range that don't hold a candle to this quality wise. Bonbon lasts for ages. I got a good 12 hours of STRONG scent, two sprays worth, and it stuck with me until I showered it off. You definitely need to like sweets though to make it worth it.

I find the bottle to be quite cute as well. It definitely sticks out in my collection. It's heavy and well made. Cute little bonbon bottle!

All in all I think this will appeal to the those who have a sweet tooth. Try it out with an open mind and don't set expectations. I think that's why some are so disappointed.
I'm really happy with it! Definitely a great buy!

by Taamii
by Schnuffi
by Nici1993
by Nici1993

Popular Viktor & Rolf

Spicebomb by Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb (Eau de Parfum) by Viktor & Rolf Spicebomb Extreme by Viktor & Rolf Bonbon (Eau de Parfum) by Viktor & Rolf Antidote (Eau de Toilette) by Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb Eau de Parfum Extrême by Viktor & Rolf Spicebomb Night Vision by Viktor & Rolf Spicebomb Eau Fraiche by Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb La Vie en Rose 2011 by Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb Nectar by Viktor & Rolf Eau Mega by Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb (Eau de Toilette) by Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb Bloom by Viktor & Rolf Bonbon Couture by Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb Midnight by Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb La Vie en Rose by Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb Rose Explosion by Viktor & Rolf Bonbon Spring Summer 2018 by Viktor & Rolf Bonbon Spring Summer 2017 by Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb La Vie en Rose 2013 by Viktor & Rolf