Spicebomb Night Vision 2020 Eau de Parfum

Spicebomb Night Vision (Eau de Parfum) by Viktor & Rolf
Bottle Design Fabien Baron
6.5 / 10 144 Ratings
Spicebomb Night Vision (Eau de Parfum) is a perfume by Viktor & Rolf for men and was released in 2020. The scent is synthetic-sweet. It is being marketed by L'Oréal. Pronunciation

Main accords

Synthetic
Sweet
Spicy
Fruity
Fresh

Fragrance Pyramid

Top Notes Top Notes GrapefruitGrapefruit Green appleGreen apple LemonLemon Black pepperBlack pepper ChiliChili NutmegNutmeg CloveClove CardamomCardamom
Heart Notes Heart Notes RosemaryRosemary Clary sageClary sage CorianderCoriander MasticMastic LavenderLavender PeppermintPeppermint
Base Notes Base Notes PatchouliPatchouli CedarwoodCedarwood PistachioPistachio FrankincenseFrankincense Peru balsamPeru balsam Fir balsamFir balsam LabdanumLabdanum BenzoinBenzoin
Videos
Submitted by OPomone, last update on 22.01.2023.

8 in-depth fragrance descriptions
4.5
ErhanSaceros
Frustration on all levels...
...and on every level that doesn't even exist. I'd be annoyed by that smell too, if it didn't exist. Yeah, almost before you had the idea to mass produce and market such creative stuff. Oh yeah, you business people up there make me so horny with your decisions. Yeah, the consumers buy everything from you anyway. Mwhahar!

At the beginning you can smell a typical masculine, fresh deodorant with apple and a little nutty. And speaking of deodorants, of course the synthetics should not be missing. :)

A short time later something wonderful seems to reveal itself. A slight "woodiness" in the bottle. Subtle, ecclesiastical resinous notes, paired with subtle notes of coniferous forest.

But this phase does not last long and already this fragrance also collapses: it becomes a bit bitter-sweet, shower-gel like with a synthetic veil, paired with clary sage or fir balsam muff. All this is rounded off nicely after all.

Everything I have perceived here so far has been relatively weak. Nothing really wanted to come to the fore. It feels as if all the notes briefly greeted my nose one after the other and disappeared again. All in all there was a lack of structure and above all a lack of purpose.
This Night Vision has about as much recognition value as... Oh, no, this fragrance is unparalleled in that regard. But what am I saying? No, buy it. There are hardly any creative fragrances on the designer shelf that are available as alternatives
I will also buy it, because after all my criticism it is now a very serious fragrance after all. I even work overtime now so that I can buy as much of it as possible. What a spicebombastic scent!
Top Review 0
Mainstream, Synthetics & Flanker...
Having just written an almost devastating statement about this fragrance, I have to admonish myself and slap my fingers.
"Evil solar wind!"

Because a few minutes ago the following happened:
I was sitting in the living room and my husband was freshening up in the bathroom, as he still had to leave the house.
Suddenly I take an exceptionally nice smell was. I have to say that our bathroom is 13 steps away from our living room and my husband only has a speck of Night Vision So the smell wafted into the living room
(No - he did not spray the specimen empty ;) )
and I was immediately drawn to it.
Sniffing at my husband's neck.
"That perfume made you come to me again?"
*sigh* *eye roll*
"Wow, you smell great. That smell is really good!"
-"I know!
"Is this the new little sample?"
-"Yes, she is!"
"I never thought he would smell so good!" -"Yes, I like him!"
Our perfume-affine 5-year-old also came toddling along and wanted to smell daddy's neck "Smells delicious!"

In my statement dismissed as 0815 scent, I must now admit that Night Vision smells wonderfully on my husband.
Especially the fir balsam smells very good, but is not penetrating. Certainly mint, sage, rosemary and other fragrances are also involved in this green freshness.
But I especially like this light, extraordinary sweetness, which makes the fragrance very attractive.
Sure - it resonates with a certain synthetics (something like ambroxig), which made me abstract the fragrance, but is no longer recognizable in my beloved.

Short and sweet:
The whole family is enthusiastic about Night Vision and mummy will make sure that daddy smells delicious ;)

A few lessons for the future:
1.Before making a statement more extensive
test it!
2.Mainstream, Synthetics & Flankers
don't have to be the devil's food!
WhyAge
The proof of the pudding is in the eating
As the word "curiosity" already suggests, there is a greed to discover something new. Normally this greed is at its greatest when, for example through hearsay or evaluations, one assumes that the new is something incredibly desirable.

With regard to the new Spicebomb Night Vision Eau de Parfum by Viktor & Rolf the situation is a little different. By a little is meant quite differently at this point. Why? Simply because many of the reviews and youtube reviews were moderate to very bad. So basically there should be no reason for curiosity. However, it is exactly this circumstance that arouses my curiosity to get to the bottom of the question whether I can correspond to the opinion of the general public or disprove it for me personally. So much in advance, I can only contradict the general public on this point.

The first thing to be discussed now is what is actually being criticized and above all why. The scent is often described as a very synthetic shower gel smell. There is also talk of a lack of depth. Especially the former I can confirm. Night Vision EdP is not a very natural composition, like for example the scents of Chanel. This conclusion can already be drawn on the basis of the contained scents. From my point of view, I cannot see any lack of depth, but it is also important to consider who Viktor & Rolf are as a target group. Compared to niche fragrances from Creed, Parfums de Marly or Amouage, Night Vision is shallower than the Wadden Sea. Definitely!
Compared to the more mass-market designer fragrances, Night Vision can definitely compete with great success. For me, as a relative newcomer to fragrance, who can't even claim to be judging the big names yet, Night Vision EdP seems like a very fresh and yet spicy fragrance, which also brings a certain unique nuance. My individual perception is also shown by the fact that Spicebomb Extreme doesn't appeal to me at all, despite its outstanding criticism. It shows once again that tastes are different. This is probably one of the reasons for the massive criticism. The direct comparison between Night Vision and Extreme is of course obvious, not only because of the same brand, but also because of the name Spicebomb and the eye-catching bottle design. Nevertheless, in my opinion, Night Vision should be seen as an independent line. After all, the addition of the EdP to the line only shows that it is also a line in its own right, with individual aspirations.

With regard to the performance of Night Vision EdP I can also report only positive things. It can't top the nuclear durability and sillage of Azzaro's Wanted by Night, but what fragrance can? I perceive the perfume for a good 7-8 hours on my skin, potentially even longer on clothes. Also the Sillage is fully satisfying without being completely obtrusive. The fragrance is best suited for cool days and evenings, whether casual or on a date.

I would like to conclude with the request to give Night Vision EdP a fair chance. Maybe many snoopers here are a little biased by the EdT or the brand itself, but if you approach the composition completely free you can only be surprised in a positive way. Of course I do not recommend to order the 90ml bottle directly! Instead you should, in my humble opinion, take the chance of a sample or a filling. Alternatively, you can of course also simply stop by the perfumery of your choice. I would be happy if I could convince one or the other perfume here.

I wish all perfume lovers a nice week :-)

Candy Bomb
Since I am a huge fan of Spicebomb, as well as the Extreme variant, I also ordered a sample of the Night Vision EdP. In joyful anticipation, I immediately sprayed it on my neck. But what was it? Sugary sweet candy aroma meets pub smoke. Where did all the spices end up? Unfortunately, nothing for me at all and luckily only ordered a sample
Night vision
I don't know. Tested him and he doesn't smell much other than the Extreme or the Vision Eau de Toilette. Maybe a little more fruity and fresh and slightly greener. I'm a little disappointed because I expected something else because of the pyramid of scents. Otherwise the DNA cannot be denied. I can still smell a little eros.
Not a bad flanker, because the fragrances harmonize very well with each other, but also not been necessary. Reminiscent of some other fragrances, from there nothing special and new.
More reviews

1 short view on the fragrance
Carlitos01Carlitos01 17 days ago
It remembers me of any given celtic potion from an Asterix book. It is complex, sweet, strange, synthetic, and only Obélix likes it!

Pie Chart Radar Chart

Images

3 fragrance photos of the community

Popular by Viktor & Rolf

Spicebomb Extreme by Viktor & Rolf Spicebomb Infrared by Viktor & Rolf Spicebomb by Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb (Eau de Parfum Extrême) by Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb (Eau de Parfum) by Viktor & Rolf Antidote (Eau de Toilette) by Viktor & Rolf Bonbon (Eau de Parfum) by Viktor & Rolf Spicebomb Eau Fraiche by Viktor & Rolf Bonbon Couture by Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb Nectar by Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb Dew by Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb Ruby Orchid by Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb (Eau de Toilette) by Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb La Vie en Rose 2011 by Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb Midnight by Viktor & Rolf Good Fortune by Viktor & Rolf Magic - Lavender Illusion by Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb La Vie en Rose by Viktor & Rolf Eau Mega by Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb Rose Explosion by Viktor & Rolf