Spicebomb Night Vision 2019 Eau de Toilette

Spicebomb Night Vision (Eau de Toilette) by Viktor & Rolf
Bottle Design Fabien Baron
Spicebomb Night Vision (Eau de Toilette) is a perfume by Viktor & Rolf for men and was released in 2019. The scent is synthetic-sweet. It is being marketed by L'Oréal. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesGreen cardamomGreen cardamom Green mandarin orangeGreen mandarin orange Granny Smith appleGranny Smith apple
Heart Notes Heart NotesBlack pepperBlack pepper CloveClove NutmegNutmeg Black chili
Base Notes Base NotesRoasted almondRoasted almond Tonka bean absoluteTonka bean absolute Woody notesWoody notes

Submitted by Franfan20, last update on 10.08.2022.

The face of the advertising campaign is American singer Jacob Whitesides.

Mr Spicebomb Disappears
I still remember when I smelled the original Spicebomb just launched in the market. It was love at first sniff. A riot of spicy, smoky, and leathery notes, warm, deep, seductive, full of virile accords. I like to think of my Garam Masala when I wear it. Its successor Spicebomb Extreme has arrived to be even more addictive. It seems like a dream, too good to be true. I can't understand the motivation that drove V&R to create Night Vision. The third flanker of Viktor & Rolf's "Spicebomb" colognes is about 0% individuality, 100% Invictus sensation, a completely out of water fish in the vast world of fragrances. What a mess! I miserably do not get any hint of the original or extreme masterpiece. DNA testing would reveal that they are not related. It seems as Mr Spicebomb disappears.

Spicebomb Night Vision opens with a blast of freshness and sweetness, a greenish fruity-spicy mix of cardamom, zesty citrus fruit, and sour apple above all. All these ingredients are green as the colour of the grenade-like bottle. For a moment, I thought about a fresh cologne; the minty cardamom amplifies the green freshness in the opening. I can't help but recall Invictus Eau de Toilette in my mind.

The scent matures into the heart notes of sage, geranium, and lavender. All these herbaceous notes give the fragrance a fougère touch. I don't get too much of the hot black spices; chilli and pepper are subdued and pushed back. And so do the nutmeg and clove, too feeble to my nose. The spicy heart is not at all like a bomb. Instead, it is so damn aromatic, in a good way.

Finally, the fresh blast of sensations leaves a long-lasting trail of tonka, patchouli, and warm woods. The scent gains softness at the base and ends with the sweetness of grilled tonka beans, powdery and bitter nuts, further strengthened by woody, balmy, and dark notes. Clean patchouli mixes well with the sweet notes and is not intrusive. There is a tinge of musk, which gives off synthetic.

So, I strengthen my initial impression. Night Vision is a replica of Invictus Eau de Toilette, Wanted, a crossbreed of those colognes, nothing disruptive here. And if I really took the time to think about it, I could name many more. Still, if you love any of the previous, you might also love this one. It has moderate sillage and longevity on the skin, acceptable for an evening and night scent. Indeed, it lasted much longer on the clothes, and I would say a few days. It suits the cold months of fall and winter. The cologne is good, yet I'm not a fan, and I doubt I will buy an entire bottle. I suggest not blind buy this one if you are fond of the original.

I base the review on a decant I have owned since 2020.

-Elysium

been there done that
I was so curious about this one it has awful reviews and is so poorly rated I can’t believe it deserves this much hate, I mean these guys brought us Spicebomb and Spicebomb Extreme! so I got a decant to find out for myself.

Presentation is top notch, the grenade bottle looks great with that black fading to green it’s so cool! The juice is good, it smells fine, nothing wrong with it. it’s just a ‘by the numbers’ frag in the neighborhood of Y EDP and the likes of it so it’s not bad at all, it’s actually quite nice it’s just so SO boring and effortless it’ll get lost in the crowd.

V&R can do better
pudelbonzo
For the voluntary fire brigade
Since I like the Flowerbomb and also the Spicebomb Original very much, I gladly accepted the Night Vision test.

The martial flacon needs getting used to - but it depends on the content.

The spiced apple at the start appeals to me - but then it gets smoky.
In the beginning this smoky note is still interesting - but then it smells hot - coquey.
The almonds must have stayed too long on the rust?
Or did the woody notes catch fire?
Through this smoke plume I may discover some sweet things - but very smoky.

The husband can still remember the campfire during scout days.
After all.

Perhaps the right one for former scouts - or members of the voluntary fire brigade

ScentSlave
It may not be very original
But it’s definitely not as bad as people are saying... maybe they’re disappointed that it’s not similar to the rest of the spicebomb line, because it definitely isn’t even on the same planet as the extreme or the original.
If you don’t have any expectations of how it’s “supposed to” smell (because of the trademark grenade bottle), it really isn’t bad.

It has more of a Versace Eros (edt) or YSL Y (edp) feel. A very sweet scent. It’s not as sweet as Eros, but sweeter and softer than YSL Y. Lacking in originality, but it’s not a bad scent at all. A night time/ colder weather scent. The apple/vanilla resonates well, and gives about a 4ft projection radius. The sillage trail is definitely there. Your scent will still be there on the first floor after you’ve gotten off of the elevator (on the top floor). I’ve gotten about 6-8 hours from this, and women seem to enjoy it.

If you’re a Spicebomb fan, and prefer the spicy/cinnamon style vibe, you will be disappointed. If you don’t have those expectations, and you like scents along the lines of Ultra Male, Eros, Invictus, and Y Edp, check it out at Sephora or Dillard’s as a tester. You might enjoy it.

Taurus1967
Night vision, indulgence or dessert?
This Spicebomb Flanker seems to me like a further spun gag from the marketing department to see what can be thematically sold to the kids.

If the original still had some charm and esprit, at least in the top note, it becomes clear here that one wants to make up ground with an Invictus-like brew with the young groups of buyers. I think they'll like playing with the synthetic-sweet notes streaking into the gourmand as well as the martial bottle, this time with the look of a night-vision goggle.

OK - I already found the garnet as a bottle childishly stupid at that time, and I don't like green very much either, but the scent itself is quite acceptable even for me old bag. Night Vision doesn't have an explodingly beguiling top note, but this shallow sweetness with slightly artificial hints of apple and some mandarin as well as the chewing gum cardamom goes in a halfway usable direction, which could be dramatically worse in mainstream music.

I also don't really find the additional calorie bomb suspicious ingredients like roasted almonds and discreetly vanilla tonka bean with all the spice bits and pieces as desert stuff Storm really misses.

Perhaps I have already experienced or sniffed too much different and worse than what would somehow shock or frighten me. On the contrary, when spraying on and carrying my tolerance limit was far from being within sight and smell. Also the fact that the stuff is extremely durable didn't spoil my mood.
Nevertheless, he will never become a purchase candidate for me - I am simply out of age.

However, I wonder what the marketing department of Viktor & Rolf or L´Oreal has in store for me regarding Spicebomb-Flanker. In brainstorming, names such as Nuclear Blast, Atomic Fallout, Biohazard or Chemical Weapon were certainly mentioned. And for the summer, maybe in poison yellow.
5.5
No, I'd rather Dior Sauvage
The fragrance pyramid: well, promises a lot, but keeps nothing. On paper and on my skin I smell apple, but then mainly cedar. It's dragging on. So this "Spicebomb" is very one-dimensional. I would use this "scent" in winter, because you are constantly reminded of "Christmas tree". And that reminds me of Dior Sauvage or La Rive's scent twin Extreme Story. For my taste, spring-summer-unfit. If you can do without it, you don't have to if you already have similar ones in your closet. Too bad about the remaining notes, which could have created tension, but as I said, cedar is ZU dominant.
Simple (and) good
I am a little surprised at the extremely mediocre ratings of this fragrance. Today I tested it with the turquoise market leader and bought it immediately. It may be that the scent is quite linear, it stays as it is, and that's a good thing. The combination of apple and tonka bean can be clearly smelled, and I like it very much. Of course this is a mainstream fragrance, but for me this is not a negative criterion. I rather have a problem with most of the so-called niche fragrances, especially with their need to get used to them and the sometimes completely inappropriate price-performance ratio
Morpheus1
Body spray feeling for the young masses ...
Today I tested him in the big D.

Yeah, he's really getting very close to a brand A body spray. It's very similar. For a multiple of money.

Green-bitter apple and fruit notes in the opening, mixed with a sweet tonka bean. Eh voila, the new blockbuster is here. Or maybe not? I'm not predicting a long life for this Flanker. A synthetic mix-mash you really don't want to wear. Unless you're 15. Plus, without any unfolding in the fragrance. He stays rigid. Like Trussardi Uomo the Red. Once sprayed and the tonka bean splashes over hours.

He's got nothing in common with the other Spicebombs.
Unfortunately, this new interpretation was not successful.
There smells a Jaguar smell from the drugstore better.
Welcome in 2019!

EstbienlaEstbienla 2 months ago
3.5
Received as a sample during a purchase, really not good .., simply...very sweet and too strong synthetic smell I prefer the deodorizing tree
ElysiumElysium 6 months ago
A replica of Invictus, Wanted, a crossbreed of those colognes, nothing disruptive here. If you love any of the previous, you might love it.
BertolucciKBertolucciK 1 year ago
Another boring synthetic/bubble gummy, fresh, slightly spicy scent with apple and a woodsy drydown. It doesn't have the DNA of the line.
GolcherGolcher 2 years ago
not nearly as bad as people make it to be, it’s really nice just boring.
Aquarius1Aquarius1 2 years ago
The apple falls pretty far from the tree, but it's a great, fresh fragrance. Association with Spicebomb does it more harm than good, though.
Carlitos01Carlitos01 4 years ago
Spiceboring? You bet! It's light blue, bubblegummy and synthetic with a hint of apple strudel... Not for my wardrobe!

Rummelrolf, der Starke
Gemischtes für 20 Pfennig
Karussell-Rolf
by T1U
by T1U

Popular by Viktor & Rolf

Spicebomb Extreme by Viktor & Rolf Spicebomb Infrared by Viktor & Rolf Spicebomb by Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb (Eau de Parfum Extrême) by Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb (Eau de Parfum) by Viktor & Rolf Antidote (Eau de Toilette) by Viktor & Rolf Spicebomb Eau Fraiche by Viktor & Rolf Bonbon (Eau de Parfum) by Viktor & Rolf Bonbon Couture by Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb Nectar by Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb Dew by Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb (Eau de Toilette) by Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb La Vie en Rose 2011 by Viktor & Rolf Good Fortune by Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb Ruby Orchid by Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb Midnight by Viktor & Rolf Spicebomb Night Vision (Eau de Parfum) by Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb La Vie en Rose by Viktor & Rolf Eau Mega by Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb Rose Explosion by Viktor & Rolf