Black Citrus by Vilhelm Parfumerie
Bottle Design Grand Public, Pierre Dinand

Black Citrus is a popular perfume by Vilhelm Parfumerie for women and men and was released in 2015. The scent is citrusy-smoky. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesCalabrian bergamot, Cardamom
Heart Notes Heart NotesMaté, Violet
Base Notes Base NotesBirch, Indonesian patchouli

Submitted by Franfan20, last update on 30.07.2020.

Chizza
The rush of an extinct fire...
...made of birch wood on lush green. That's black citrus for me. Makes you wonder, where's Citrus? And what is Black about it? We'll get to Citrus, but it's much later. At the beginning there is fresh green, not at all intensive smoke, nothing burns, there is no campfire or anything else. Vilhelm and his Nordmannen have long since moved on, the trail is cold. This reminiscence of blazing fire, that's Black Citrus at the beginning. You have to like this cold smoke, how it mixes with fresh cut green, a kind of green smoke That can't have been it...and so you sniff and sniff and smell the citric acid very delicately. Gently and quietly she signals, I am there too. The fragrance gets one facet richer but not better. This is very subjective, because I close well below the general rating.
For me, the fragrance radiates what I symbolically see in front of me and what I have torn at the top. An empty fireplace next to a clearing in the forest. Remnants of the nightly rest of the previous day, an isolated deer explores the fireplace and what remains of the perhaps rustling feast. A fading memory that keeps on fading. A lone rider watches the decline of this scenery, the picture turns grey and dissolves immediately, the last sounds of the trombone fade away in the distance.
Black Citrus reminds me of this although the scent is intense in its own way and can be perceived for a long time
Mountain smoke
Dear friends,
the dried black lemon or " Limoo " is a spice which is often used in the Middle East. The limes (a small lemon of the shrub Citrus Latifolia) are cooked for 5 minutes in salty water and then dried for a few weeks. The skin and the inside of the fruit turn black, the limes become dry and brittle, the aromas ripen and become more intense...The concentrated and powerful nose reveals fresh notes of lime and pickled citrus fruits. The fragrance is slightly anaesthetic and, when the fruit is ground, changes into sweet aromas reminiscent of clementines, enveloped in nuances of cold smoke and fermentation.

And that's exactly what this scent smells like. So I can keep it short and end the commentary for today. Gentlemen, don't look like that, I don't always have to write novels
Well, I can still say that the birch tree is responsible for the smoke here and therefore many believe that it is similar to Aventus. But he didn't. Burn! Instead, he has a rather long-lasting lemon/bergamot that blends beautifully with this very birch. The famous mountain smoke Done
Ok I can still explain, that you should not overdose it, then it gets on your nerves. The first time I carefully took 2 sprayers out of the sample, he was too lame for me.
The next time I took 5...yeah, boy, I could hardly get rid of it and thought for a while I had cooked asparagus. Sounds weird, right? But it went down well, even with Mom.... until she found out about the price.

That's it.
Oh, wait a minute, you don't get much of the other herb that's supposed to be in there. A bit of violet maybe, but hey can't be much, because I don't like overdoses.

Well, I like it for the spring and if it is not quite so warm, even now here in the current weather it went down well in my nose. Fresh, but with an elegant development.
End.

Yeah, well, I wouldn't leave without saying it's more chic than casual. That is how I feel. Don't look at me like that,Isso.

I think it's great that even though the scent is kept relatively linear, you can somehow perceive the lemon, or in this case bergamot, right up to the end. This is primarily a rather secondary feeling, but I didn't want to withhold this from you.

Fini.
Oh, well, you know, it's very modern to associate perfume with famous people. Now that would be the fragrance of Clark Kent/Superman. Why? A noble man is the Supie and Clark always neatly dressed. I don't know, it just popped into my head. Maybe it's because the smell is really great. Also super tax.

Oh and before I forget...I'd like to thank the Steee for the cool rehearsal and the sharing.

This is really over.

Hasta La Vista Baby
Turmtreffer left, I surrender
It's my birthday today. I'm gonna be a year old. One year as a member and gourmet of Parfumo. During this time, not only has my account balance been constantly reduced, but my self-control has often been put to the test. She'd lost most of the time. I would like to dedicate my birthday comment to Black Citrus.

I came across this scent through detours. I was travelling between two appointments in downtown Hamburg. I was interested in the bottle and the fragrance description of Invasion Barbare by MDCI, so I visited the perfumery in the passage of the same name. Unfortunately, they don't carry this brand there. But since I had been there before, I rummaged around a bit and admired the large selection in this shop. In the meantime, the nice salesgirl in the net inquired about the invasion barbarian and came back to me after a few minutes to show me scents that went in the same direction. That's not very businesslike, but also very obliging, as I mean.

She then presented me a scent of Vilhelm Parfumerie (whose name I unfortunately forgot). In any case, the scent was not quite mine, because it smelled very much like herbs. Only then did she present the Black Citrus to me. And that was a direct hit! As I once wrote in a statement, I immediately thought of an extremely smoky Aventus, or rather of an Amouage with a very high proportion of freshness. I believe that I am a great friend of birch (birch tar), because for me this is the dominant fragrance nuance in Black Citrus.
In the course of the fragrance development BC approaches a little to Noir Anthracite by Tom Ford, but without appearing so insanely aggressive and dominant. I would call him - once again - (yes, I often associate fragrances in such a direction, but I have a weakness for this direction) a manager's perfume. Because BC appears dominant, is not reserved and certainly not quiet. It remains nevertheless pleasant for its environment and does not hit so completely on the K...., uh, is not as bad as Noir Anthracite.
In my opinion it can be worn all year round and even at high temperatures it would still work.

The price is with 210 EUR for 100 ml already quite high. That was a bit of a bonus for me for a spontaneous purchase. As luck would have it, one day later we had a pretty well filled bottle in our souk for an absolutely fair price and the vicious circle started (Paypal/bad conscience/DHL/bad conscience and anticipation/addiction satisfaction)
A great, special and noble scent, which meets my taste so something of.

Fun fact on the side: The lady in the perfumery said that Vilhelm Parfumerie made its bottles out of whsiky glasses. What I like as a whisky enthusiast.

Thank you for reading and a nice third Advent.

by AmyAmy
by AmyAmy

Popular Vilhelm Parfumerie

Morning Chess by Vilhelm Parfumerie Dear Polly by Vilhelm Parfumerie Poets of Berlin by Vilhelm Parfumerie Dirty Velvet by Vilhelm Parfumerie Fleur Burlesque by Vilhelm Parfumerie A Lilac A Day by Vilhelm Parfumerie Basilico & Fellini by Vilhelm Parfumerie 125th & Bloom / Harlem Bloom by Vilhelm Parfumerie The Oud Affair by Vilhelm Parfumerie Stockholm 1978 by Vilhelm Parfumerie Darling Nikki by Vilhelm Parfumerie Mango Skin by Vilhelm Parfumerie Room Service by Vilhelm Parfumerie Smoke Show by Vilhelm Parfumerie Purple Fig by Vilhelm Parfumerie Moon Carnival by Vilhelm Parfumerie Do Not Disturb by Vilhelm Parfumerie Don't Tell Jasmine by Vilhelm Parfumerie Modest Mimosa by Vilhelm Parfumerie Opus Kore by Vilhelm Parfumerie